Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355916 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by eyesaswide: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Emmafe:
CIIN

please can i use my CIIN certificate as additional certification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mauriss: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
MrPein:
PPRs might roll out by month end from Ottawa vo.
Some peeps who called were told this.
So I am hopeful.
This wait has been like forever. it's causing depression.I really hope they start month end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
Mauriss:

This wait has been like forever. it's causing depression.I really hope they start month end.

I don't even believe anything anymore till I see it lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chem58: 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Use the tool for her https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Only the tool can tell you her chances. Also grade of Graduation doesn’t matter. IELTS overall doesn’t matter too only the module by Module score matters .
Thanks brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chem58: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
KsMom:
Whats the age?

Thanks brother, her age is 28
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chem58: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Use the tool for her https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Only the tool can tell you her chances. Also grade of Graduation doesn’t matter. IELTS overall doesn’t matter too only the module by Module score matters .
Her age is 28 and her ielts was done 2019 .can she make use of it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oginnite(m): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
chem58:

you did not answer the question. Its not about Overall score but what did she got in each module?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by chem58: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
oginnite:
you did not answer the question. Its not about Overall score but what did she got in each module?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
chem58:
Gender -female

Plz any advise for her

Pls kindly send her this link to read.
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#93294387

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
Mauriss:

Ngl i think I'm depressed already. I don't think I waited this long to be born sef and there's absolutely no guarantee that by the said month end, they'll issue copr o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
chem58:

Listening needs to be an 8 minimum but way to go..next one won’t be a problem

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femmmmi94: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
Jaynerth:
Nothing can be done ma'am till they call off the strike.

Currently in the same situation. Waiting for Unilag to send Verification to WES. Buh Nasu strike has happened.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
MissMa01:

Listening needs to be an 8 minimum but way to go..next one won’t be a problem

Listening doesn’t have to be minimum of 8

Though having 8 in Listening, and 7 in the other modules will give her a higher score.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
chem58:

Single applicant + EE? = NO!
Single applicant + PnP = Maybe.

If it is IELTS Academic, NO!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bezimo(m): 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
NneAku344:

You don't mean it! Here I was thinking as a PR or citizen, all you need to do is step out and begin to pack money from the floor of your corridor

Wow! Thanks for this wonderful information. God bless you!!

Lmao..oh they haven't told you yet.lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2021
Icicles:

How are people even calling IRCC...has the number changed? Getting them is a herculean task these days!!@

Honestly!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bezimo(m): 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
ednut1:
but this is also canada too. Must one live in those places with extreme weather

Like this one I guess..it ain't funny oh.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
phabulous88:

Though having 8 in Listening, and 7 in the other modules will give her a higher score.
What is this? Do you get an award for being contrarian? I simply said minimum of 8 in listening and she is good to go.
I am not here to beat around the bush and give politically correct responses , I used the CRS calculator before replying.
You literally inferred my response

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
chem58:

Read page one of this thread , that way you’re armed with information for you and for her
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
phabulous88:

Normally I won’t respond but I will answer this one!
What’s your point?? listening doesn’t have to be 8 , if listening isn’t 8 what’s the use of the result because she’s short of 50 points If listening isn’t 8 if reading and other modules aren’t 7.
Why did I keep retaking IELTS if listening didn’t need to be 8 ?
Going by the current trends if you don’t max out there’s no space for you due to competitiveness. So listening must be 8 I am in my house come and beat me.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

What’s your point?? listening doesn’t have to be 8 , if listening isn’t 8 what’s the use of the result because she’s short of 50 points If listening isn’t 8 if reading and other modules aren’t 7.
Going by the current trends if you don’t max out there’s no space for you due to competitiveness. So listening must be 8 I am in my house come and beat me.

Lol.. This thread ehn.
I was shocked to see such advice that L doesn't have to be a minimum of 8. Even 8777 in LRWS nowadays for those within the golden age of less than 30 with masters and 3years minimum job experience struggle to fetch ITA without maxing out at least 2 of those modules in addition; and if with spouse, such spouse, if accompanying, must at least provide at least 7777 for 18points and also evaluate Academic credentials to stay competitive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eraytee: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
my brother wetin Aboki no go see for gate.... wrong advices full everywhere, anyone who doesn't know how to do research on their own will always be a victim. God help us all.

ShoeShineGuy:

Lol.. This thread ehn.
I was shocked to see such advice that L doesn't have to be a minimum of 8. Even 8777 in LRWS nowadays for those within the golden age of less than 30 with masters and 3years minimum job experience struggle to fetch ITA without maxing out at least 2 of those modules in addition; and if with spouse, such spouse, if accompanying, must at least provide at least 7777 for 18points and also evaluate Academic credentials.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I also weak, I have a friend who maxed all but had 7 in listening. The score fall no be small. 8 Listening is very germane. Lol Infact maxing out is the koko, not the usual 8777.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I am not going to beat you, Lol.

Listen doesn’t have to be 8.
There are several ways of increasing your CRS score with a low Listening score, writing the French exam (TEF) being one.

In fact, with a 6 in Listening, and an average TEF score, you can get up to 490 CRS score.

Check the CRS simulation yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
MissMa01:

What is this? Do you get an award for being contrarian? I simply said minimum of 8 in listening and she is good to go.
I am not here to beat around the bush and give politically correct responses , I used the CRS calculator before replying.
You literally inferred my response

And what I’m saying is that you don’t need a minimum of 8 in Listening to get a good CRS score. There are other options, including writing the French TEF exam.

People need to under that they mustn’t score an 8 in Listening to get a good CRS score

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
phabulous88:

And what I’m saying is that you don’t need a minimum of 8 in Listening to get a good CRS score. There are other options, including writing the French TEF exam.

People need to under that they mustn’t score an 8 in Listening to get a good CRS score

So I should bust getting an 8 so I could pay extra exam fees and learn a new language because that’s the LOGICAL & PRACTICAL thing to do, yeah?
That’s very smart, whatever works for you...keep at it and all the best .

According to you, people should not only spend 79k for IELTS but rather than Max it they can get whatever score they like and sit for TEF that’s about 160k if I am not mistaken excluding the fees for classes and time needed just because getting an 8 in Listening is not important.
You are very smart ...

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
MissMa01:

So I should bust getting an 8 so I could pay extra exam fees and learn a new language because that’s the LOGICAL & PRACTICAL thing to do, yeah?
That’s very smart, whatever works for you...keep at it and all the best

Madam, there are many ways to kill a rat.

If you WANT something badly, you’ll do anything LEGIT to get it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
phabulous88:

Madam, there are many ways to kill a rat.
Again, you can kill the rat the way you want but people don’t pluck money for trees and it won’t take you anything to retract your wrong advice.

Stop misleading people, IT IS WRONG!!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Eraytee:
my brother wetin Aboki no go see for gate.... wrong advices full everywhere, anyone who doesn't know how to do research on their own will always be a victim. God help us all.

Hmm.. EOD niyen o baba.
It's well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
MissMa01:

That’s very smart, whatever works for you...keep at it and all the best .

According to you, people should not only spend 79k for IELTS but rather than Max it they can get whatever score they like and sit for TEF that’s about 160k if I am not mistaken excluding the fees for classes and time needed just because getting an 8 in Listening is not important.
You are very smart ...

TEF Canada is presently about 190k and the Naira is still falling. Plus one has to engage the services of a good tutor (or tutors) which will cost at least 35k monthly for about 8-10months for one to be realistically ready for the TEF Can exam.. And then it's not just beans to get that additional 50points earned from scoring B2 with EO proving the main stumbling block for most non-native speakers. Some write the exams about 3 times before getting that appreciable additional points.

Not to scare anyone willing to go the French way please. It's doable but with lots of gut, commitment and sacrifice.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
phabulous88:

grin naso. So its easy to study and pass tef than re writing to score 8 in listening Gimme the number of your dealer

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.