Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1357389 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2021
ThatCEO:

Since when can I use 6 months experience for express entry? Stick to the point.

If the CEC trend continues for 4 to 5 draws, even People who scored a 7.0 in listening, who had a one year post secondary diploma in Canada, n zero work experience will get in.

At exactly what point do u think they will have no other option than to pause CEC?
there is still a travel ban in place for copr issued after March 2020. Most of last years ita don’t have ppr yet or can’t come in just yet. They will pick Cec as they deem fit. Ielts and age does not determine your employment potentials in Canada. So nothing like high quality candidates. You fit come here no see job do in your field. Happens

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2021
Ola2j:

Bros as long as your PoF is in a foreign currency, you'll get review required. I just can't be searching for it this morning
this is not true

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2021
ThatCEO:

Also, the rate Biden is reversing Trump's immigration policy had made people more relaxed about Canada.

I was personally shocked with how fast he moved with the reversals.
it’s good. Crs point will drop as time goes on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2021
How does the public policy exemption thing work ? I received ITA in November 2020, birthday was in December and I submitted e-apr in January. I believe my points dropped after by birthday but also read of a public policy exemption that could be applied but don't know how it works. Is it automatic or I have to apply for that too ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deedorte: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2021
tshtsh:
How does the public policy exemption thing work ? I received ITA in November 2020, birthday was in December and I submitted e-apr in January. I believe my points dropped after by birthday but also read of a public policy exemption that could be applied but don't know how it works. Is it automatic or I have to apply for that too ?

Your age is locked after ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tshtsh: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
deedorte:

Your age is locked after ITA.
Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
BFWestAfrican:
To his credit, he didn't say Learn French. He said one could sit for a French test.
The original poster didn't provide much details about their background. On here, certain preconceptions seem to be the norm. We tend to assume that every poster is French naive. We tend to assume that every poster resides in Nigeria.
Anyway, I believe that any who gives off his/her time here does so out of pure motives. And as frequently said, it is important to engage in research and not merely rely on opinions given here.

Pls stop defending what's not. His first advice was shrouded in confusion as he never even made any mention of TEF as a means of increasing CRS at that time (-He only did when people came out to correct him). All he could advise was L doesn't have to be 8 for someone who claims to have Masters and below 30. You know too well that with that help seeker's info, no way he/she would gather up to 420 with an IELTS less than 8777. And since this thread started, page 1 has always recommend at least 8777.

And as per your submission about misconceptions, it's the duty of anyone who wishes to offer his/her time to be diligent enough so as not mislead anyone by asking the party seeking help all the necessary details he/she before jumping to a conclusion. The other alternative is just to walk past the enquiry post.

My point is, the person you're defending might indeed have a pure motive but he gave a wrong piece of advice and should have simply accepted that and move on. Nobody should feel above mistakes and thus can't be corrected.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
tshtsh:
As someone said, your age is locked post-ITA but your CRS points will indeed drop after your birthday on your CIC account. That's nothing to worry about though as it's partly stated in the ITA letter and clearly in the exemption 'decree' that loss of points after ITA as a result of events like birthdays which is beyond the applicant's control will not cause IRCC to reject your application.

Pls see attached screenshot of an ITA letter for evidence.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
BFWestAfrican:
To his credit, he didn't say Learn French. He said one could sit for a French test.
The original poster didn't provide much details about their background. On here, certain preconceptions seem to be the norm. We tend to assume that every poster is French naive. We tend to assume that every poster resides in Nigeria.
Anyway, I believe that any who gives off his/her time here does so out of pure motives. And as frequently said, it is important to engage in research and not merely rely on opinions given here.
First off don’t quote me as to your popular opinion on misconceptions.who is talking about everyone living in Nigeria and everyone not understanding French.
What are we saying what are you saying. It’s as simple as ABC why should I learn French or take French exams of I understand French when I can max our IELTS. Please don’t quote me again on this issue and quote the original poster so you both can keep giving credits to yourselves.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Pls stop defending what's not. His first advice was shrouded in confusion as he never even made any mention of TEF as a means of increasing CRS at that time (-He only did when people came out to correct him). All he could advise was L doesn't have to be 8 for someone who claims to have Masters and below 30. You know too well that with that help seeker's info, no way he/she would gather up to 420 with an IELTS less than 8777. And since this thread started, page 1 has always recommend at least 8777.

And as per your submission about misconceptions, it's the duty of anyone who wishes to offer his/her time to be diligent enough so as not mislead anyone by asking the party seeking help all he/she has before jumping to conclusion. The other alternative is just to walk past the enquiry post.

My point is, the person you're defending might indeed have a pure motive but he gave a wrong piece of advice and should have simply accepted that and move on. Nobody should feel above mistakes and thus can't be corrected.

Please don’t be stewpeed! You had no problem with MissMa01 advising Op to get an 8 in Listening but made no mention of the minimum scores in other components

MissMa01:

Listening needs to be an 8 minimum but way to go..next one won’t be a problem

But have an issue with my post, even though I advised her that having 8 in Listening, and 7 in the other modules will give her a higher score

phabulous88:

Listening doesn’t have to be minimum of 8

Though having 8 in Listening, and 7 in the other modules will give her a higher score.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
phabulous88:

Please don’t be stewpeed! You had no problem with MissMa01 advising Op to get an 8 in Listening but made no mention of the minimum scores in other components

But have an issue with my post, even though I advised her that having 8 in Listening, and 7 in the other modules will give her a higher score

Your posts have indeed said it all the sort of character that you are. You must be a poorly raised overpampered kid still growing with overbloated ego..

And as I see that you can't deal with the obvious truth, I give up on your arrogance!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ABSTRUSE: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mysha03:
I’m post AOR, thought you meant it is easier for a single applicant to go through the PNP route.

O pari!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
There’s no need for the back and forth about this IELTS Listening minimum score or what not. If someone gives a wrong advice, you can simply correct them without attacking and being insulting. I believe we are all adults here and can resolve issues without calling names.
Life is not that hard o. Stop taking it too personal guys.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PLSHELEP: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
CIC is getting desperate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lagoscooldude: 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
New CEC draw. CRS cut off of 75!!! 27,332 invitations issued. omo, are we going to see FSW draw anytime soon like this?!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ChiefDaddy1: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wow.....wow....This draw choke ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by duni04(m): 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2021
Could be that they are using the other draws to patch up the shortfall from the FSW and other programs. It's really weird how there's very little information on what these people are trying to achieve. Almost as if someone woke up on a saturday morning in toronto and conducted CEC draws with a cut off of 75!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ultrazone(m): 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2021
This is shocking! 27k invites?? By the time they exhaust applicants from other streams, they may be forced to do a general one. I don’t understand the motive behind such number of invites.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ThatCEO: 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
IRCC grin grin

These people don para grin grin grin

See as I burst laugh for here

At this rate, even pikin wey finish primary school for Canada go collect ita cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bamsz: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatCEO:
I believe FSW will fully resume by March.

If they have 2 more CEC, ITA will drop to between 410 to 420.

People who have this kind of CSR score are those that graduated with one or 2 year diploma in Canada (not even Bsc); who have zero years work experience; and who are at 33 to 35 years.

My strong prediction is IRCC's hand will be forced to take much higher quality candidate (Msc + 3 years experience + below 31 yrs age) via FSW.

This CEC can't last. I am sure it's giving them some headache already as they need to process like 400k candidates this year. Should they take in "low ball" candidates via CEC or should they open up FSW since unlike last year, the entire world is not on lockdown n lots of Visa offices can still process PR.

Year 2020 lockdown already exhausted their pool of quality CEC candidates.

Attached picture is where ITA would drop if they continue with 2, max of 3 CEC draws.

your analysis is almost spot on.....27k people just like that, I'm sure they've exhausted the pool, FSW should be next.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2021
bamsz:

your analysis is almost spot on.....27k people just like that, I'm sure they've exhausted the pool, FSW should be next.

Very true. This is like 5 draws at a blow..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by logophilia: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatCEO:
IRCC grin grin

These people don para grin grin grin

See as I burst laugh for here

At this rate, even pikin wey finish primary school for Canada go collect ita cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Me too oh. I no know wetin to think, I just dey laugh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
PLSHELEP:
On the contrary, I do not think they are getting desperate, I think that they are making it clear the category of people they actually want in their country.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PLSHELEP: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Revman:

On the contrary, I do not think they are getting desperate, I think that they are making it clear the category of people they actually want in their country.

The only thing that sets CEC apart from FSW as a category is that CEC are presently inside Canada and FSW are outside.

They are getting desperate because when the economy rebounds they need to meet their immigration target or for it to rebound, they need to meet that target. They also wanna do that without exposing themselves to the risk of deadly variants from outside the country, hence the decision to give access to everyone in the country that’s willing to work (if this CEC draw isn’t a glitch).

So yes, they are desperate to have immigrants that would need to work on standby as there’s a whole lot of debt to recover.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adsales: 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PLSHELEP: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Petrelli112: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
PLSHELEP:
Does this mean Canadian graduates with no Canadian work experience yet due to Covid can apply and get ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yokus(f): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
ALWAYS BE PREPARED.
Opportunities won't wait for you to prepare, once it comes knocking.
Today's draw is a perfect example of - anything can happen.
Immigration has a mind of it's own
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lagoscooldude: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
bamsz:

On the contrary, I don't think we will be seeing FSW draws anytime soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by temmitats(f): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2021
I agree, with the way things are going,they have no intention of inviting FSW until the entire country is well vaccinated or something.
Lagoscooldude:
On the contrary, I don't think we will be seeing FSW draws anytime soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deedorte: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Petrelli112:
Does this mean Canadian graduates with no Canadian work experience yet due to Covid can apply and get ITA?

You need 1 year Canadian experience to qualify for CEC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deedorte: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
yokus:
ALWAYS BE PREPARED.
Opportunities won't wait for you to prepare, once it comes knocking.
Today's draw is a perfect example of - anything can happen.
Immigration has a mind of it's own
Cheers

You are absolutely right. Just wondering what will give someone with a CRS of 75 to jump into the pool.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.