Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355472 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EyinjuGod(f): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
thanks

GraciousWords:

For FSW

Work experience while schooling may count if it fits the requirements stated in this link e.g. was it paid, did you work the required number of hours, does your job description match an NOC A, B or 0?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

For CEC

It does not appear that work experience gained while schooling full time will count as Canadian work experience:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Please see page 1 for links to IRCC's website for details on each programme. This link from IRCC comprehensively answers your question though:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

In summary, this experience is not wasted it will add to your CRS (if you're trying to gather 3 years work experience) but it will not be considered Canadian work experience for the purposes of CEC.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kolizomanizo: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
WES has been giving me headache since. Evaluation still in progress for more than a month. Please am I the only one is dis? Or is WES generally slow?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kolizomanizo:
WES has been giving me headache since. Evaluation still in progress for more than a month. Please am I the only one is dis? Or is WES generally slow?

Give them a call, sometimes they need a little push lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Phiyin: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Would they ask for the bank statement of the nysc allowee as proof if payment? Or just a reference letter stating the migrant character, role in the office, work time and amount of salary paid?
bezimo:

Just state you were paid so and so(amount of the NYSC allowee)..either on a per month or per annum basis(allowee x12)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
O God, take away COVID-19 from this world. It has caused too much harm. Restore our FSW draws and give us a cut off score of 450+. Amen and Amen.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Wishlist: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2021
...Also, Let borders open and normal travels return..

Amen.

nymphomaniac:
O God, take away COVID-19 from this world. It has caused too much harm. Restore our FSW draws and give us a cut off score of 450+. Amen and Amen.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Starlight22: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
nymphomaniac:

A big AMEN to this

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bezimo(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Phiyin:
Would they ask for the bank statement of the nysc allowee as proof if payment? Or just a reference letter stating the migrant character, role in the office, work time and amount of salary paid?

This has been answered extensively in previous thread. You should check that up on what the reference letter MUST contain for it to be valid.
Bank statement or proof of payment of your NYSC allowee is NOT necessarily needed. You just have to state it clearly how much you were paid on a per month or per annum basis.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jancollins: 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/102#67549567

Hello house

I can remember making my first comment here in Part 4 (above link) May 2018.
which was the time I decided to embark on this journey.
Got a lot of info here and I must confess, coming here really was worth it.
its not been easy but I'm grateful to God I've finally landed in Canada.
I didn't really have much of the finances for this journey, but God came through
at every time I needed the money.

My advice to everyone is not to relent but to stay focus, then trust God to come through when you need him most.
He will surely send help.

Thank you and God Bless.. grin

This is the best I can do as landing gist. Everywhere de sensitive now wink

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tobe1997: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
Congrats...I pray for same success as I embark on this journey...it will end in praise and I shall testify like you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tobe1997: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Chai congrats oooo....I shall testify like this very soon...it will all end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yinksob002: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
Sorry bro, I can relate with this situation as it is very similar to mine. I did well in other sections except reading that i was very certain I had a good performance on exam day.

I've already requested for a remark cos i believe something is wrong somewhere.
EagleScope01:
I am having mixed feeling embarassed
Got my test score today (my birthday)
L-7.5
R-6.5
W- 7.0
S- 7.5
Overall band 7

I was not expecting the high scores in speaking (cos I paused and stammered during the last phase of the test) and listening (cos I missed many numbers. I got lost. Apparently, it is my weakest point. I always got lost arnd number 30). But the reading I was confident about nd could bet I will have atleast 8.5 or at worst 8... Na him I get 6.5

It is worth applying for remark or I accept fate and reapply? Someone please advice me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ruthiegal: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2021
If I write 2 ielts exams on separate dates and I prefer the score of the previous one to the latter one, Can I use that or I can only use the most recent exam/result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EagleScope01: 12:47am On Apr 12, 2021
hateniger:
You may reach me thru mail. You don't need any paid tutorial. With your results, you have a solid base. You only need few tips, confidence and finesse. I am a bit free, so I will help you structure your study, at no cost, whatsoever. You will still play a greater role, but I will just improve you structure, methodology and accuracy, and give you the needed confidence.

Cheers.
I have sent you a pm. I am grateful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 2:19am On Apr 12, 2021
Ruthiegal:
If I write 2 ielts exams on separate dates and I prefer the score of the previous one to the latter one, Can I use that or I can only use the most recent exam/result?

You can use any. Current result doesn't invalidate previous ones.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by senoraaquila(f): 5:43am On Apr 12, 2021
Amen
nymphomaniac:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yinksob002: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2021
You can use any of the two.
Ruthiegal:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 2funkyy(f): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2021
Abdomox:

1. TEF- prepare and write the exam. Additional point is 45.

2. Marriage: younger guy (below 30), who can ace IELTS and currently have Masters/2 degrees + 3 years experience. He will be the primary applicant. Additional points unknown, but can't be less than 30.

3. Sponsor a sibling to Canada. 15 additional points. This will cover the waiting period.

4. Go for MBA or a 1 or 2 year Diploma program in Canada. Additional point will be 15.

5. Rewrite IELTS as you are about achieving any/2 of the option(s) above. You need to get L- 8.5, R- 8, W- 7.5 S- 7.5. Remember IELTS result expires after 2 years, so rewrite when things are almost set. Additional point is 6.

Now, choose your struggles cheesy
Please how do you sponsor a sibling to Canada and get 15 points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2021
Hello seniors in the house,

Please I saw this question on Quora and can't find a place where a Birth Certificate should be uploaded to my eAPR application page.

Is there anything I am missing? Or should I just upload it as part of an optional document?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2021
No need for birth certificate UNLESS you are using it to claim the additional 15 sibling / family points

joselekas:
Hello seniors in the house,

Please I saw this question on Quora and can't find a place where a Birth Certificate should be uploaded to my eAPR application page.

Is there anything I am missing? Or should I just upload it as part of an optional document?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Andyosifo(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2021
Congratulations. I shall also testify of God's goodness upon my life very soon

Hello house

I can remember making my first comment here in Part 4 (above link) May 2018.
which was the time I decided to embark on this journey.
Got a lot of info here and I must confess, coming here really was worth it.
its not been easy but I'm grateful to God I've finally landed in Canada.
I didn't really have much of the finances for this journey, but God came through
at every time I needed the money.

My advice to everyone is not to relent but to stay focus, then trust God to come through when you need him most.
He will surely send help.

Thank you and God Bless.. grin

This is the best I can do as landing gist. Everywhere de sensitive now wink

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 12, 2021
2funkyy:

has to do express entry and move to Canada. Then you can claim the 15 points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Andyosifo(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2021
Happy belated birthday. I had similar issue, but mine was writing and listening, and I did IELTS over five times I could not exceed 6.5 and 7.5 in Writing and Listening respectively.One day, I contacted my friend who got 9.0 in his listening and he told me his strategy, which is to move to part four immediately you are told to open to part one, and glance through it marking key words and then part three, two and one, however; this most be done with the speed of light,so that you can meet up before they start giving out answer to part one. With this strategy, you don't just mark key words,it also gives you the ample opportunity to know the types of questions ahead of you. When I applied this strategy in my practice, I moved from the usual 33,34 to 38, and I got 8.5,8,7,7 LRSW when I eventually wrote IELTS.
This is just a suggestion,if you decide to try it make sure you master it before writing IELTS again.

Success on your next IELTS.

I am having mixed feeling embarassed
Got my test score today (my birthday)
L-7.5
R-6.5
W- 7.0
S- 7.5
Overall band 7

I was not expecting the high scores in speaking (cos I paused and stammered during the last phase of the test) and listening (cos I missed many numbers. I got lost. Apparently, it is my weakest point. I always got lost arnd number 30). But the reading I was confident about nd could bet I will have atleast 8.5 or at worst 8... Na him I get 6.5

It is worth applying for remark or I accept fate and reapply? Someone please advice me [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by firefire1: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2021
EyinjuGod:
thanks

Please i need some calrifications. Does my PMP certification make me eligible to claim points for two of more certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ceefashion(f): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hi guys,
I want to migrate to Canada as a PR with my husband and 4 kids. What are the procedures to begin this process? Is there a WhatsApp group for this. Please I need your answers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
2funkyy:

By making him/her go through any available immigration options- Express Entry or PNP.

When they arrive, you can claim the 15points. Lack of draws for now will make this take more time than usual.

This is advisable for those that might loss points soon or those that have done all possible but short of 5-10 points to cutoff points. Remember your age affects CRS score once above 30.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by r4blessing: 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Start from page 1. Everything you need is there
Ceefashion:
Hi guys,
I want to migrate to Canada as a PR with my husband and 4 kids. What are the procedures to begin this process? Is there a WhatsApp group for this. Please I need your answers. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bibitayo2: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good afternoon.

Pls I need your help with obtaining my transcript from UNAD/EKSU.

Can you share your contact or information on how to go about it.

Thank you.

Have you been able to sort this out? I got mine in about a week or so.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bibitayo2: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good Afternoon.

Pls I need your help with obtaining my transcript from UNAD/EKSU.

Kindly share your contact or information on how to go about it.

Thank you.
Dukealara:

Have you been able to sort this out? I got mine in about a week or so.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BurnaBurna: 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
No o. Have you heard anything ?

Hinoone:

Sir have you gotten a LOI from New Brunswick?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by freshdude: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please how can I apply for re-marking. I scored L 8.5 R 7.0 W 6.5 S 8.0. the writing really brought my score down after using the csr tool to run the simulation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ceefashion:
Hi guys,

You wouldn't have been able to see this thread if all discussions are moved to WhatsApp.
The OP of this thread did a wonderful job on page 1, so try and go through the very first post on page 1 over and over till you understand the whole process. Almost all questions you need are answered there. Cheers!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.