Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1357510 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by NaijaGoingMaple: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
francophone134:
in my opinion, they start counting work experience from the year you got your degree or highest last certificate

Every NOC has basic qualification requirements. For instance, if a 2-year diploma in a college or university is all that is required to practice in my declared occupation - NOC XYZ, the work experience that will count will be that after my diploma and not work done pre diploma. So if my declared NOC has professional degree eg for medical doctors, then on the job experience will be after obtaining my MBBS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Daboll: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
Hello house,
Please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
stonecoldcafe:

Also @ Mamaroon, thank you for creating this thread and following up as has been. Would you be kind enough to link PPR testimonies on Page 1 of this thread. That is usually a huge highlight for some of us. God bless

Sorry Stonecoldcafe, can't edit the 1st post on page 1...... "post is too long" is the Nairaland message I get. Last time I edited, I was banned and the whole thread disappeared until justwise unbanned me and restored the thread. Someone with a post on page one can create this please. Otherwise whoever opens part 11 can correct my error. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Marysgirl4:
Please I need contact details for PCC Abuja.

Abuja PCC Contact

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GeologistMajor: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
francophone134:
in my opinion, they start counting work experience from the year you got your degree or highest last certificate
I doubt this. Work experience he got before his highest certificate should be valid. Btw even work experience gain during your studies is valid if it's a paid employment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
Temmiethorpeh:
Hello,
Please I need your advice?
My CRS score is 475 and I intend to travel with my fiance(we are currently not married).I learnt that I can add him post AOR when we get married so it doesnt reduce my score.
Please help me with the process and success stories as I'm really scared and confused
will he need to submit his certificates?
Thank you

Pls go here, scroll to the bottom and click on the links in the screenshot

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#83120576

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
francophone134:
where do you people get all these incorrect info from tho kai

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
NaijaGoingMaple:

Every NOC has basic qualification requirements. For instance, if a 2-year diploma in a college or university is all that is required to practice in my declared occupation - NOC XYZ, the work experience that will count will be that after my diploma and not work done pre diploma. So if my declared NOC has professional degree eg for medical doctors, then on the job experience will be after obtaining my MBBS.
not true. For doctors you cant practice anyways without mbbs. For other occupations IRCC is not concerned about educational requirements.engineers and scientists in banks and audit firms get PR steady.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
titusincanada:
hello guys,

1. work A (Teahcer), I worked from October 2014- March 2017 after which i resigned to do Masters.

2. work B (sales and now Promoted to higher position) started working with them since January 2019 till date.

so i will like to use both of them to claim point 3years+ work experience.

Now, my question is

Do i need to Present my Salary account to show salary inflow since i will get work Reference letter and Payslip?

Have gone through the thread on Gift deed, It is still controversial, i am intending to use the gift deed that would be given to my wife from either her Dad or blood sister based in Canada because my level of income is not even near that POF amount. What do u advice me to do on this? is the gift deed adviceable?. thanks
Work reference letter is all ircc asked lets stop sending what is not required. If they need salary account let them ask. Nothing controversial with gift deed that is what many Nigerians use. No one asks about donor level of income or source of the money. Just do it and wait for ppr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mamaroon:

My advise: why not just get another one when you get ITA?

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row. Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
*it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
*it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

PRFirstLady...to clarify, my comment is based on the phrase in bold above, from the IRCC link.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
GeologistMajor:

I doubt this. Work experience he got before his highest certificate should be valid. Btw even work experience gain during your studies is valid if it's a paid employment.

Exactly what I was thinking. I was working as an administrative officer after obtaining a diploma in Bus. admin and then I was working and subsequently got admission for my degree program. I was working and schooling until I recently just graduated.

I probably would stand a chance under NOC 1221
Please see the attached below and kindly confirm my thoughts as under the said NOC it also says specialized training or apprenticeship training , so is it meant to be or college degree too or and college degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eniolakiite(f): 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
I agree. Always better to keep things simple.

Kekereekun123:

Work reference letter is all ircc asked lets stop sending what is not required. If they need salary account let them ask. Nothing controversial with gift deed that is what many Nigerians use. No one asks about donor level of income or source of the money. Just do it and wait for ppr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by NaijaGoingMaple: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
not true. For doctors you cant practice anyways without mbbs. For other occupations IRCC is not concerned about educational requirements.engineers and scientists in banks and audit firms get PR steady.

You missed the point. Every NOC has employment requirements and one of it is educational. If you read the initial post, you'd have understood my response. IRCC is very much concerned if an applicant is qualified to be employed in the declared NOC. If the declared NOC in the bank or audit is any bachelor's degree, that is it. If it were college diploma, and I started working with my diploma before continuing to bachelor's, Masters and PhD, work experience starts counting from when I obtained my diploma. Hope you got the gist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by uche13: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
mokarios:
Pardon, I meant to write PPR.
Is there a way out, with VFS not accepting passports presently?

But I just posted the message from Accra VO, on how those in Lagos can submit passport. I believe that should cover your question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stencil: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
Withdraw profile? Why is that?
If we could kindly refrain from giving "advice" on matters we are unsure of, it would help us in the long run. These are people's lives here. Especially with how unpredictable things have been.

@ Grreenk, Please do exactly as Ednut1 and Dimple10 have said. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

elohim24:

Just withdraw the profile and create a new one. With 474 you should get ita in the next draw, tie-breaking rule shouldn't apply to you if the next draw is below 474.

Elohim24, please forgive me if this sounds harsh in anyway, that is not my intention, I've just seen enough people give up or go the wrong route after getting the "wrong advice".

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MrRomanticLover: 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
MrRomanticLover:
Hello everyone. trust that you are doing well. I have a dilemma that I need you guys advice for. I got ITA few weeks ago but It seems like I may not be able to get a reference letter from an employer as my relationship with them has become strained. In this regard, I want to ask if I can replace them with another employer post ita or must I use the same employer that I filled in pre-ita to apply for PR? thanks for your advice in this regard.

please I need help on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
NaijaGoingMaple:

You missed the point. Every NOC has employment requirements and one of it is educational. If you read the initial post, you'd have understood my response. IRCC is very much concerned if an applicant is qualified to be employed in the declared NOC. If the declared NOC in the bank or audit is any bachelor's degree, that is it. If it were college diploma, and I started working with my diploma before continuing to bachelor's, Masters and PhD, work experience starts counting from when I obtained my diploma. Hope you got the gist
only Saskatchewan is concerned about educational requirements. Stop posting false information. Your work experience starts the day you resume the work shikena.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
MrRomanticLover:

please I need help on this
you can replace. As long as your crs scores is not impacted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MrRomanticLover: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you can replace. As long as your crs scores is not impacted

alright...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by francophone134: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
only Saskatchewan is concerned about educational requirements. Stop posting false information. Your work experience starts the day you resume the work shikena.
like this now eh, ona don confuse me. OK look at this scenario, I have both ND and HND. After my ND, i work in a bank for a year before HND and my my NOC requires diploma of 2yrs. Are you saying my work experience starts counting from when i started working after my ND? Abeg make on a clear me o, so that I know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by stonecoldcafe: 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mamaroon:

Sorry Stonecoldcafe, can't edit the 1st post on page 1...... it's already too long according to Nairaland. Last time I edited, I was banned and the whole thread disappeared until justwise unbanned me and restored the thread. Someone with a post on page one can create this please. Otherwise whoever opens part 11 can correct my error. Thanks smiley

Oh man! That's okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
francophone134:
like this now eh, ona don confuse me. OK look at this scenario, I have both ND and HND. After my ND, i work in a bank for a year before HND and my my NOC requires diploma of 2yrs. Are you saying my work experience starts counting from when i started working after my ND? Abeg make on a clear me o, so that I know
is there anywhere on ircc website this is stated No. Only Saskatchewan pnp uses it. Chikena. Australia ppr also uses it. Not canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by francophone134: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
is there anywhere on ircc website this is stated No. Only Saskatchewan pnp uses it. Chikena. Australia ppr also uses it. Not canada
bros I av pm u... Pls reply asap let's talk on WhatsApp so you explain beta. Thanks. Check ur mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
mokarios:
Pardon, I meant to write PPR.
Is there a way out, with VFS not accepting passports presently?

Your friend should contact IRCC and hear what they have to say. Taking a decision on his/her own wouldn't help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
ednut1:
where do you people get all these incorrect info from tho kai
D tin dey tire me as well.
If I talk too much, I fit collect ban again because it was correction of false information that lead to my previous ban

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
francophone134:
bros I av pm u... Pls reply asap let's talk on WhatsApp so you explain beta. Thanks. Check ur mail
nothing to explain more than what i wrote.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by horlorbah(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
saskatoonguy:
e2ielts on YouTube. Jays video are good
Thank you so much. I used Jay's video the first time I wrote the test so I'm trying to see if I can get other tutorials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by francophone134: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
nothing to explain more than what i wrote.
I guess u feeling like a Lord... Calm down bro, u were once taught by someone. You don't even know if I have further enquires, u just dey misyarn. B humble guy! If u no accept my pm, others will...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by NaijaGoingMaple: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Apparently, you're unaware. We are talking about having the requisite qualification at the right level for the experience to count and you are here talking about matching educational qualification to NOC. Again, read the initial post so you are educated about what is being discussed before responding.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
NaijaGoingMaple:

Apparently, you're unaware. We are talking about having the requisite qualification at the right level for the experience to count and you are here talking about matching educational qualification to NOC. Again, read the initial post so you are educated about what is being discussed before responding.
at bolded show us on ircc website or gcms notes where this was stated. I worked in an audit firm where only a few studied accounting and were not yet chartered. They are in canada now. Nothing like prerequisite educational qualification. Next

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.