Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,822 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355797 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by flourisher: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
olamide34:

Please can you give me tips on how you understand the reading part and listening section.
I am basically stuck in 6.5 in listening and 5 reading.

There's a FREE tutorial offer which is open only to those who have already registered.
There have been lots of testimonies and you could give it a shot.
If you're interested, send a mail to wasiusanni2002@gmail.com
It's completely free

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zerotrust: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
Greetings to the house; I need your advice/input

I submitted my FSW application in March 2021. I have done my Medicals and Biometrics. However, I feel I did not provide enough explanation concerning deposits to my account for my proof of funds prior to my application submission.

Is it appropriate to use a Webform to send a detailed explanation (an extension of my Letter of Explanation) so as to put my mind at ease?

Will they acknowledge it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yes pls. It is better to be proactive.

Congratulations.

Zerotrust:
Greetings to the house; I need your advice/input

Is it appropriate to use a Webform to send a detailed explanation (an extension of my Letter of Explanation) so as to put my mind at ease?

Will they acknowledge it?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zerotrust: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
Thanks for the speedy reply

bekayy:
Yes pls. It is better to be proactive.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by emergingb: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Check this page out, it helped me to understand my GMC note
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by emergingb: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
swizzle:
I applied for PR since April 2019 (25 months ago). I have done biometric capture and was requested to provide addiotional information on my family in October 2019. Since then I have not made any progress and using webform does not give me any information since it seems they just copy and past their replies to me. GCMS notes do not give any information either and when I call, they blame the delay on COVID-19. My application is being processed in Ottawa.

Does anyone have any clue what could have gone wrong or have had similar experience?

Please help.

Check this page out, it helped me to understand my GMC note
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jacek: 12:08am On Jun 08, 2021
Hi guys ,
I have a question, my cousin processing his Canadian express entry has filed the form twice and the portion for having a sibling in Canada keeps omitting that part like it gives him zero for sibling in Canada even though his uncle is in Canada and has given him required documents to support the fact that they are related, he needs this 15 points to srand s good chance please is there any one out there having similar issues or what's a probable solution to this problem, I'd appreciate sincere replies as this is weighing him down.

Many thanks in advance....Marcus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Thrombos(f): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2021
Hello house
Please I'm asking for a friend , WES had sent verification email to her university ,Ahmadu Bello University since April 13 and another email was sent last week and the University kept saying they are yet to see the email. Please does anyone has contact in this university that could help ? I will appreciate any help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 08, 2021
jacek:
Hi guys ,
I have a question, my cousin processing his Canadian express entry has filed the form twice and the portion for having a sibling in Canada keeps omitting that part like it gives him zero for sibling in Canada even though his uncle is in Canada and has given him required documents to support the fact that they are related, he needs this 15 points to srand s good chance please is there any one out there having similar issues or what's a probable solution to this problem, I'd appreciate sincere replies as this is weighing him down.

uncle does not give 15 points in crs only siblings

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Influential101: 1:04am On Jun 08, 2021
jacek:
Hi guys ,

He can't get points from his uncle, that's probably why the system isn't adding it..You only get points for siblings.

Other relatives might count for PNP, not for Federal EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2021
Uncle is sibling when things rough Jor.
Influential101:
He can't get points from his uncle, that's probably why the system isn't adding it..You only get points for siblings.

Other relatives might count for PNP, not for Federal EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Andyosifo(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2021
nowhere:
Uncle is sibling when things rough Jor.

If they now check his uncle details,and there is no mention of his name when his uncle filed for permanent resident. This can backfire
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2021
Andyosifo:

If they now check his uncle details,and there is no mention of his name when his uncle filed for permanent resident. This can backfire

You didn't get the sarcasm.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Solidcitizen: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2021
How are you guys managing this Naira depreciation?

I am in a dilemma. I know that if CIC will use official rate to do their conversion, my POF will be enough. So I left the money in Naira because it will be significantly far off from the POF if I convert it at the current black USD market rate of over NGN500!!

However, Naira is constantly depreciating and my money is losing value everyday and I am tempted to just convert it to USD using Piggyvest with a current rate of N505:1USD. However, this will result in a shortfall of my POF by over N1million, and I will then have to hustle the rest from God knows where.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by onyinyechika08: 11:14am On Jun 08, 2021
hello all, please is there any one that received Manitoba LAA on the 19th of April having issues with accessing page 9 of the application portal which is review and submit? I have not been able to review and submit since last week. The error message is "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request". Please someone should assist me ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
Solidcitizen:

I am in a dilemma. I know that if CIC will use official rate to do their conversion, my POF will be enough. So I left the money in Naira because it will be significantly far off from the POF if I convert it at the current black USD market rate of over NGN500!!

However, Naira is constantly depreciating and my money is losing value everyday and I am tempted to just convert it to USD using Piggyvest with a current rate of N505:1USD. However, this will result in a shortfall of my POF by over N1million, and I will then have to hustle the rest from God knows where.
the reality is you would still need to convert your money to usd when traveling, usd might be 650 then

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by newmum: 1:30pm On Jun 08, 2021
Thrombos:
Hello house
Please I'm asking for a friend , WES had sent verification email to her university ,Ahmadu Bello University since April 13 and another email was sent last week and the University kept saying they are yet to see the email. Please does anyone has contact in this university that could help ? I will appreciate any help. Thanks.

Experiencing same with FUTO which was first sent on the 14th of April and another one sent on the 10th of May. I have been advised by the school to request for hardcopy verification from WES. This means that WES will send the hardcopy request via an expedited courier service and you pay the delivery fees. I'm considering that option now while still following up with the school on the soft copy requests earlier sent.

It's really strange. Please if you finally get a headway, kindly share.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Saynoomore: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Andyosifo:

Do they require anyone to declare all siblings when filing for PR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Yes. If they ask you to file additional family information.
Saynoomore:

Do they require anyone to declare all siblings when filing for PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adaoyoyo: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Solidcitizen:

Seniors wade in on this matter abeg...
What do you suggest one can do to protect their POF.
@Ednut, @Mamaron,@ graciouswords...what are you guys doing differently cos some of us are confused!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
adaoyoyo:

@Ednut, @Mamaron,@ graciouswords...what are you guys doing differently cos some of us are confused!
its common sense to save in usd.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Authorsy: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
adaoyoyo:

Why not change it to dollars, open a dorm account and deposit it there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Solidcitizen: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
Authorsy:

The problem is Aboki will charge over N500 to exchange the dollar. When you then convert the USD to CAD, it will be as if POF has vanished. Meanwhile, CIC won't use Aboki rate to convert the POF if I leave it in Naira.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
Solidcitizen:

The problem is Aboki will charge over N500 to exchange the dollar. When you then convert the USD to CAD, it will be as if POF has vanished. Meanwhile, CIC won't use Aboki rate to convert the POF if I leave it in Naira.
when moving to canada is it not the same aboki rate you would use Take your L and move on. If you wait the losses will keep increasing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
The question is always the same

adaoyoyo:

Solidcitizen:

The answer is always the same

Authorsy:

Lagbaja88:
its common sense to save in usd.

Also read this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/459#88031655

#BuyDollar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adaoyoyo: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Authorsy:

Seniors, let me explain my predicament..... I have already submitted my application, eligibilty passed, now my question...

1.If i convert my existing pof to USD, do i need to inform IRCC even though eligibilty has been passed?

2. Will IRCC not frown at the new dom account since the rule is that the funds should have stayed in the account for six months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Authorsy: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2021
adaoyoyo:

Seniors, let me explain my predicament..... I have already submitted my application, eligibilty passed, now my question...

If i convert my existing pof to USD, do i need to inform IRCC even though eligibilty has been passed?

Send them a mail to ask them if it's okay to move your money to a different account still in your name and follow their instructions.

I think the ultimate goal is to ensure that you actually have the money. How and where you keep it shouldn't be a problem provided the money is still available and still in an account in your name.

Just ask them first before you do anything.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
adaoyoyo:

If i convert my existing pof to USD, do i need to inform IRCC even though eligibilty has been passed?
eligibility passed no one is going back to open that part of your file.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Authorsy:

Send them a mail to ask them if it's okay to move your money to a different account still in your name and follow their instructions.

I think the ultimate goal is to ensure that you actually have the money. How and where you keep it shouldn't be a problem provided the money is still available and still in an account in your name.

Just ask them first before you do anything.
they will not even reply you. There is no need to inform them as they wont reopen the file

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Authorsy: 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
ednut1:
they will not even reply you. There is no need to inform them as they wont reopen the file

It doesn't hurt to try. If they don't respond, then he would at least know he tried.

This is not asking them to reopen his file, this is just a general question about whether or not it's okay to move his funds to a separate account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AYsunshine: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please is it possible for me to liquidate my fixed deposit that I used for POF post ITA, as I am interested in using the amount fixed for Treasury bill or some other beneficial mutual fund. Would doing this affect me when they want to issue PR even if I can still provide evidence of the amount fixed elsewhere and not with the bank I used for proof of fixed deposit? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Haydon1: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.