Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358468 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oniqer: 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yeah you can fill both in but the rep position will be under personal history because you have to account for every time period. Make sure your job description tallies with the noc description.
I don't know how to use nairaland really so could you include your mail.
Hey111:

Thanks Chief! Please my question is, do I need to add the current medical representative job as part of work experience?
The last Hospital job was 2019 (3 years). Do I need to add the current Job from 2019 to date on the express entry profile or just fill in the three years Hospital experience ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
dajayeoba:
Dear seniors,

I just had a baby and would like to add him to my EE profile, can I get guidelines on how to go about it.

I also got a NOI from OINP before updating his details on my EE profile. please is it compulsory for me to add my baby to my EE profile first, before submitting my OINP application?

Thank you smiley smiley smiley

I assume you would need to add your baby to [s]both your express entry profile and[/s] your OINP application - this is your current circumstance. #PersonalOpinion

How to update your profile: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1002&top=29`

Edit: looks like children can only be added when you submit your application after ITA not on the profile. I would think you need to provide details of your baby when you submit to OINP though, but I may well be wrong again on that.

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/380#86761124

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/388#86826439

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Hey111: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mastravel: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
graceakaba:
Hello house! I am 34 years old lawyer who wish to migrate with my family (family of 5) I have my Master’s evaluated and My total CRS score after my hubby and I wrote Ielts is at 384. IELTS is a problem for me and would want to migrate via other means. I attended a webinar recently about applying through PNP and they claimed that professional such as lawyers, doctors etc are not qualified to apply tru PNP or any other option except express entry since they need to take exams in Canada to be able to get a job. Please professional in the house how true is this? What are my best options??
We provide easy to self-study and comprehensive ielts material you can use to pass it once.

My contact is right underneath
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Balina:
Good day great people,

Please I have an important question to ask:

Does freelance work experience count? (having it in mind that freelancers monthly earnings vary and are not consistent)

My Work experience has been on Fiverr and Upwork since 2017. So my concern is, since monthly earnings are not consistent, would it count as a work experience?

Has anyone been successful with a freelancer work experience before?

Please advise.
Thanks!

cc Jolak5

You are either an employee or self-employed.

I suspect a freelancer can be either, depending. This link (proof of work experience) has the docs required for each; which are you able to provide docs for?

Inconsistent pay can be explained in an LOE, I assume but may work more for self-employed than employee.....just a guess.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Someone even suggested NOCs here: https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/282#64958748

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Pweetytomi:
Good evening my people, I'm trying to add a new born to my already submitted application. My issue is with pof. For my initial pof, I used 90% gift from dad backed up by a gift deed, a fixed deposit certificate and 10% cash in hubby's account backed by letter of access to his account. For this new addition, I'll be getting a little extra cash gift as pof. Pls how do I show my updated pof? Am I getting a new reference letter from bank? New gift deed stating the previous gift also or i should just stick to the new cash im receiving. Im a bit confused and your advice is needed

I think either option works:

1) resubmit old POF docs plus new gift deed, cash statement and bank letter for POF for additional dependent OR
2) submit new gift deed covering 100% of new family size

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thatbae:
Good evening my good people,

Please, I have a question.

Being third-party staff that works in a bank.

Who will I claim as my employer considering that I can get my work reference from my manager where I work including all the necessary information?

Or Would I claim the so-called employer that doesn't know what I do and won't give me the reference letter?

Will that be seen as misrepresentation?

Please I need your advice?

#Personal Opinion

To decide who to indicate on your profile as your employer, you may want to consider:
1) Who do you have a contract with?
2) Who prepares your payslip?
3) Who pays your salary?

I suspect that for IRCC, the person who can confirm the job description may be considered the employer. I think contract work is common and can be easily explained in an LOE, you may need to provide documents that shows the tie between you, the "agency" and the company you perform the functions for just to make it easier for a VO to follow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by odeku55(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Icicles:
@odeku55 thanks for the number! not going through though. I believe you are an inland candidate right? I used skype and it's not going through not sure why

I'm an outland candidate but applying under the CEC stream. I think your skype account has to be linked with a canadian number. My bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
As many wait with bated breath for FSW draws to begin, please;

1) read page 1 and the links to IRCC there - nothing worse than an error that one could have avoided because clear instructions were written in black and white.

2) read rejection stories, example in this link for tips on what to avoid: https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/602#91022987

3) search NL using keywords on your issue...... almost all have been experienced by people in the past and comments/posts are PLENTY.....hardly anything is new under the sun

#HappyNewMonth
#HappyNewHalfYear
#UnaWehDoneO
#ECA #IELTS #TEF #POF #PNP #ITA #PPR #COPR #Breakfast to us all
kiss

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pweetytomi: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2021
GraciousWords:

I think either option works:

1) resubmit old POF docs plus new gift deed, cash statement and bank letter for POF for additional dependent OR
2) submit new gift deed covering 100% of new family size

Thanks so much, I think I'll go with option 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Orohelvis2: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
please il like to ask a question about your ices evaluation.
please how long did it take for ices to deliver to your address using the standard regular mail delivery after evaluation ?.
i also sent an email. please do respond.
Inenghe:
I wrote IELTS 7 times. I got 6.0 twice, 6.5 four times and 7.5 in my last attempt in writing. If u think I can be of help u can pm me. I believe I can help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Toludebs: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello people,

Please if I got my UK PCC since 2019, can I still make use of it now that I got ITA. Asking for a friend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DrRoyce(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2021
filterpaper234:
Hi guys, pls does anyone know how long it takes for an EOR to be processed, I applied for a remark in mod ielts academic since June 2nd but yet to see the outcome. My result was 8.5, 8.5, 6,7 in LRWS n needed the writing part to be remark. Any suggestion pls

That’s exactly same time I applied for a remark. My result came out this Monday. Writing went from 7 to 7.5

Final result- LRSW- 9.0, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bemagnify: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
GraciousWords:

1) read page 1 and the links to IRCC there - nothing worse than an error that one could have avoided because clear instructions were written in black and white.

2) read rejection stories, example in this link for tips on what to avoid: https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/602#91022987

3) search NL using keywords on your issue...... almost all have been experienced by people in the past and comments/posts are PLENTY.....hardly anything is new under the sun

#HappyNewMonth
#HappyNewHalfYear
#UnaWehDoneO
kiss

You have been a great help in this tread!

Thank you so so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kroy(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
I guess you wrote with British. You may not get it till Monday. That is their way.
Ruthiegal:
I wrote my ielts on the 26th of June cbt based. Results supposed to be out today the 5th day which is 1st July. However till now, the results is not out. Is it until night before they release result or what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ZIKEYBOY11: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
GraciousWords:

#HappyNewMonth
#HappyNewHalfYear
#UnaWehDoneO
kiss

Very sad and touching thing to read. embarassed

Duties and responsibilities performed on the job was not included in her reference letter, and the VO refused her application based on that. Even though from her CV it was clear and obvious that she did.

Lesson learnt: Submit the required and mandatory documents, including all required information. (other supporting documents are just add-ons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ruthiegal: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes I wrote with British.
Incompetent lots.
When I wrote the 1st time outside the country, results were out very early the day it was meant to be out. Everything involving Nigerians must be problematic
kroy:
I guess you wrote with British. You may not get it till Monday. That is their way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Luckybelt: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Is it possible to apply for federal EE, Manitoba PNP, and Saskathewan Pnp all differently. If so pls what are the links for the last two. i know the one for federal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by odeku55(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Toludebs:
Hello people,

Please if I got my UK PCC since 2019, can I still make use of it now that I got ITA. Asking for a friend.

Nope, you need to get a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Toludebs: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank you
odeku55:

Nope, you need to get a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Balina: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
GraciousWords:

cc Jolak5

You are either an employee or self-employed.

I suspect a freelancer can be either, depending. This link (proof of work experience) has the docs required for each; which are you able to provide docs for?

Inconsistent pay can be explained in an LOE, I assume but may work more for self-employed than employee.....just a guess.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Someone even suggested NOCs here: https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/282#64958748

Based on the information up there (about the document requirements), I think self employed is the right one.

Thanks a lot Boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GeologistMajor: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Toludebs:
Hello people,

It can be accepted even if it has expired on the condition that you obtained the police certificate after you left the UK and hasn't gone back to the UK until this moment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zimzee: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please were you able to get contact for futo transcript?
hizzylife:
Please who can help me with a contact for FUTO transcript processing? I applied for my transcript to be sent to WES since second week of May and until now nothing has happened. I thought it would be faster because I've requested for it (sent to a local institution here) before but it doesn't seem so.

I'm getting really anxious as draws may start any moment from now and I don't want to miss any opportunity. I need to act fast because I'm on the borderline due to age (I will start losing points soon).

Please help a soul. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kampack: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
GeologistMajor:

It can be accepted even if it has expired on the condition that you obtained the police certificate after you left the UK and ha6sn't gone back to the UK until this moment.

Yeah! That's correct!
...but pls I have a question - "if he obtains it after a 6 months in a row visit, and after a while, visits there again and stays for just say 2weeks" and return. Does that invalidate the certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by naughtylagosguy(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
GraciousWords:

Check the application checklist on page 1 to see what must be contained in your employer's reference letter. You need a reference letter that states your job description that is in sync with your chosen NOC, amongst other things. Does your appointment letter contain these details?

I would not advise you to write a reference letter yourself.....

See this link for the PFL letter someone who wrote his own ref got and the comment made by the VO: https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/349#86405363

See this link for tips on what may work if you are unable to get a comprehensive reference letter from your employer:
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/608#103134109

This is really insightful. Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CaptainAfrica: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello everyone trust you are good. Please I want to ask that if one gets PPR now how much time will they give one to enter the Canada and can one do soft landing and come back finally later on? Hat happens if one cannot enter Canada within the time given? Can the time be extended?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hizzylife(f): 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
Zimzee:
Please were you able to get contact for futo transcript?

Not yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
Kampack:

Yeah! That's correct!
...but pls I have a question - "if he obtains it after a 6 months in a row visit, and after a while, visits there again and stays for just say 2weeks" and return. Does that invalidate the certificate?

Is there a reason your friend doesn't want a get a fresh one when he is just about to apply (apart from cost) and avoid the mental trauma of second guessing his application after AOR?....note the guidance says a VO may ask for a new PCC.....so why not just give them upfront? This is how oversabi like us use to reason things, no vex.

IRCC have given applicants all the expo possible......they even provided different PCC scenarios and what we can do proactively in order not to cause delays in our application. For example, see screenshot, system will not ask for PCC but IRCC advises that applicants should kuku give them to avoid delays.....https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Your friend's call sha.....

#PersonalOpinion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
CaptainAfrica:
Hello everyone trust you are good. Please I want to ask that if one gets PPR now how much time will they give one to enter the Canada and can one do soft landing and come back finally later on? Hat happens if one cannot enter Canada within the time given? Can the time be extended?
you till your medicals expire, if you can't meet up with the time you lose the copr unless it's covid related.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by angrybutsane(f): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Anyword from Accra visa office ? Anyone gotten ppr ?

The wait is killing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ruthiegal: 5:18am On Jul 02, 2021
Hello, have you been able to view your results now?

ifewunmy:
It would be out soon, just be patient. I also wrote that day and it's yet to be out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealTrump: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2021
Just a quick one

ielts . ng

Is this the right place to register for d general test?

Trying to ensure I am registering from actual d source. Wetin agents do me for toefl too strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.