Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358046 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gifty28(f): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Alright, thanks. Just bsc and 3yrs+ exp~ 435

Jwgirl:
Yes I heard so too.

Start preparing asap.

What's your current CRS?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
Simsimz:
Hello everyone, please can anyone help with the NOC for wedding and event planning and decorations. I'm self employed(own my company) and I've been searching to no avail and noc 1226 doesn't describe my duties and would like to use the self employment route under FSW to migrate with my family. I also have a BSc in management technology (couldn't find this NOC too) which I've never used to work and less than a year primary school teaching experience aside the 1 year mandatory NYSC which I did in a government establishment. Responses will be appreciated, thank you.

You've done some work already finding NOC 1226...looks like a good fit for what a typical event planner does from my very limited knowledge of event planning....but you know better. The first duty talks about trade association....maybe this is what you are hesitant about? I'm sure one probably exists in Nigeria for event planners...if mechanics and cab drivers have.....Also take a look at 5242 for interior design.

NOC is for work experience not education. If you only have a BSc, you may need a second certification or Masters to increase your CRS. Whether you used your BSc during your work experience or not is irrelevant for Express Entry.

Your NYSC work experience can also count if it meets all the criteria.

In short, please calmly digest page 1 for further details and use the search bar as well.

Self employed - some details here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gifty28(f): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
For 1 not sure messages can be deleted.
(2) When you quote sm1, make sure your cursor is infront of the |[quote, then click enter to create space so you can type your message.
(3) Tap on the persons name here then it open the profile, you can see send an E message to this person.
(5)! Yes for pnp, depends on your Noc( job title) and the province the job is in demand for

GodsGabby:

Please i need answer for the above to pay for Wes. I quoted the person that said it but it didn't appear with the quoted person.

Also, plz i have been a silent reader on this forum and on nairaland for a year plus now but created this acct newly.
I cnt operate things here.
1) Please how can one delete messages here?
2) when i quote why is it/not seperate from the main person I'm quoting like i see others do, what am i doin wrong?
3)what does signature mean in the settings and what is it used for? I see people saying "hit me up via my signature".
4)the button after Submit that says "follow this topic", must i always mark it, what does it mean?
5)i calculated my score and i got 422, do i have hope?

Please gurus, dnt air me���
So i can learn how to use this platform well too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Samkeniyy(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
I need advise abeg.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Samkeniyy:
I need advise abeg.

WES is done
IELTS result out : L8.5 R 9.0 S 8.0 W 7.0
Results came out few days ago. Did my simulation and current score is at 471( 2 or more degree, +3 years experience, age below 30)

Q1: With 7.5 in writing, could have max out the IELTS points. I'm considering remark. Is it really necessary or I should just stay put with current score.

Secondly, there's no money on ground for POf. Had just about 1m in my savings account. Would be able to save like 3m by Dec and probably source the rest via Gift feed. Is it advisable to enter Pool right now considering that I might get ITA but may not push because of the fund.

Need your guidance here?
Your IELTS score looks really good and yes, if you can afford it please ask for a remark.
I’ll suggest you don’t take a risk with your ITA because of POF.
Enter the pool first and God will provide. Speak to your immediate family members and see what they can do for you

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by smtMave: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Gifty28:
Alright, thanks. Just bsc and 3yrs+ exp~ 435

just BSC i got just BSC but considering taking up any quick professional cert. to add up for 2 or certificates...got advice on any?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Peace505: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Hello Everyone. I am writing this experience here because it is where I got to know the person involve.
Please take your time to read and be the judge.
So I contacted Mr. Fatai( +2348023519423 ) on 24/06/2021 to help me process police clearance certificate because I am out of lagos and needed it ASAP. He sent the soft copy of the form to me, I did the fingerprint and sent back the form along other requirements and transferred 8k that he charged me for the job. On 25/06/2021, he sent the soft copy of the signed police clearance certificate. I told him I would like to get the hard copy he suggested of waybill to my location, and told me that waybill would cost 5k. I transferred 5k to him same day. He said he would send it the next day being Saturday or on Monday.
He didn't send it on Monday(28/06/2021) which according to him ,he could not locate GUO park. I sent all the GUO terminal addresses in lagos to him, and asked him to use any of the terminal closest to him. He agreed. At a time he stopped picking my calls and left me clueless. On the evening of 2/07/2021, I sent him a WhatsApp voice note not to bother sending it,that a friend of mine would come to pick it along with the 5k. He replied immediately (Remember he hardly pick my calls) that he has sent it with Guo transport driver that left from Agege terminal. I was surprised because as at that time (about 6pm), I must have received a call from the driver to come pick my parcel and also GUO Agege terminal doesn't have buses coming to my location. I told him to send the driver's phone number, he sent this number 08174620789- Sani Muhammed saying it's the driver. I called the number multiple times, it wont ring and would say "your call is being forwarded " and sometimes user busy.I did my findings, to my surprise, that number doesn't work in GUO I called Mr. Fatai and to complain about the issue, he started telling me cock and bull story that he spoke with the driver,and I asked him,why are you the only one getting through him? I have tried using different numbers to call this so your acclaimed driver but still it wont connect.
To cut the long story short, I am yet to get the hard copy of my police clearance certificate.
( it's more than 24hrs he claimed to have sent it) and still not able to get the so called driver he claimed he gave the parcel. I wonder if the driver is trekking from lagos to east.
After spending 13k, I am still unable to get what I paid for.
I guess we all have to be careful in doing business with him.
I have all the financial transaction evidence as well as that of WhatsApp chat if in doubt.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Simsimz(f): 12:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Thank you. I do more of social events than corporate events, also wedding and event styling and design. I also belong to some associations
GraciousWords:

You've done some work already finding NOC 1226...looks like a good fit for what a typical event planner does from my very limited knowledgeof event planning....but you know better. The first duty though, talks about trade association....maybe this is what you are hesitant about? I'm sure one probably exists in Nigeria for event planners...if mechanics and cab drivers have.....Also take a look at 5242 for interior design.

NOC is for work experience not education. If you only have a BSc, you may need a second certification or Masters to increase your CRS. Whether you used your BSc during your work experience or not is irrelevant for Express Entry.

Your NYSC work experience can also count if it meets all the criteria.

In short, please calmly digest page 1 for further details and use the search bar as well.

Self employed - some details here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 2:54am On Jul 04, 2021
Peace505:
Hello
To cut the long story short, I am yet to get the hard copy of my police clearance certificate.
( it's more than 24hrs he claimed to have sent it) and still not able to get the so called driver he claimed he gave the parcel. I wonder if the driver is trekking from lagos to east.
After spending 13k, I am still unable to get what I paid for.
I guess we all have to be careful in doing business with him.
I have all the financial transaction evidence as well as that of WhatsApp chat if in doubt.

Sorry about that but while you battle this out or chose to ignore, your soft copy (if authentic) will be sufficient for your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DrRoyce(m): 5:24am On Jul 04, 2021
Samkeniyy:
I need advise abeg.

WES is done
IELTS result out : L8.5 R 9.0 S 8.0 W 7.0
Results came out few days ago. Did my simulation and current score is at 471( 2 or more degree, +3 years experience, age below 30)

Q1: With 7.5 in writing, could have max out the IELTS points. I'm considering remark. Is it really necessary or I should just stay put with current score.
Go for the remark. I had a similar result and went for it. Writing became 7.5 and i was refunded. It’s worth it. Add speaking to the remark so that incase writing doesn’t increase and speaking does you get your refund
Secondly, there's no money on ground for POf. Had just about 1m in my savings account. Would be able to save like 3m by Dec and probably source the rest via Gift feed. Is it advisable to enter Pool right now considering that I might get ITA but may not push because of the fund.

Need your guidance here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mikeayus(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Yes, I do. I have researched and found out that BCS has Certificate in IT,Diploma in IT,Professional Graduate Diploma in IT. However, on their website I also see Certifications for IT professionals..I like to know If I can go for any Certification for IT professionals and still claim 33 points for my Express entry profile
BNTtech:

Do you still need help on this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Peace505: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2021
MissMa01:

Sorry about that but while you battle this out or chose to ignore, your soft copy (if authentic) will be sufficient for your application.

The soft copy is not very clear which is why I desperately need the hard copy so I can scan it myself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Toxhaino(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2021
[quote author=DrRoyce post=103346255][/quote]

Co-asking, although I’m still preparing for IELTS and I will be 29 by September 2021[color=#000099][/color] cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CaptainAfrica: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2021
ednut1:
you till your medicals expire, if you can't meet up with the time you lose the copr unless it's covid related.

thanks but what about the issue of soft landing? Can I land in Canada briefly, leave then come back finally later on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mastravel: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2021
smtMave:

just BSC i got just BSC but considering taking up any quick professional cert. to add up for 2 or certificates...got advice on any?
ACCA F1-F3 foundation courses. Very quick.

Check the underneath text to contact me for study material, registration and exam center nearest to you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Neam9: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2021
Anyone flying klm lagos to Toronto on the 21st should please dm. Travel buddy needed.

Also anyone in need of a female roommate (in Toronto) should please dm as well. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by odeku55(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Peace505:

The soft copy is not very clear which is why I desperately need the hard copy so I can scan it myself

My own opinion, I feel the soft copy might be fake. You should try and look for somebody else to do the police clearance for you and avoid 13k to spoil your application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BNTtech: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2021
mikeayus:
Yes, I do. I have researched and found out that BCS has Certificate in IT,Diploma in IT,Professional Graduate Diploma in IT. However, on their website I also see Certifications for IT professionals..I like to know If I can go for any Certification for IT professionals and still claim 33 points for my Express entry profile

Hi Mike. To the best of my knowledge, professional certificates won't get you additional certificate points. Only the HEQ Levels 4 - 6 will.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
CaptainAfrica:

thanks but what about the issue of soft landing? Can I land in Canada briefly, leave then come back finally later on?
Google it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
. Hello house. I just need encouragement and tips to pass ielts. This will be my 3rd time taking the exam and I want it to be the last attempt.
Please tips on how to pass it will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adveert002: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
oyukuwife:
. Hello house. I just need encouragement and tips to pass ielts. This will be my 3rd time taking the exam and I want it to be the last attempt.
Please tips on how to pass it will be appreciated.
Thanks

Same here we can study together. You can send me your whatsapp number to leazhon@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by exmaysn12000: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cyrusmillz: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
pwityjj:
Please who has used ACCA diploma for two or more certificates? My GSCM notes just arrived and the VO refused to use it as 2 or more.
I need advice on what to do please
Hello,please were you able to solve this?I'm about to take ACCA to boost my crs score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dajayeoba(f): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Thank you so much for the clarification

GraciousWords:

My apologies.....looks like children can only be added when you submit your application after ITA not on the profile. I would think you need to provide details of your baby when you submit to OINP thougg.....but I may well be wrong again on that as well.....

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/380#86761124

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/388#86826439

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Peace505: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
odeku55:

My own opinion, I feel the soft copy might be fake. You should try and look for somebody else to do the police clearance for you and avoid 13k to spoil your application.

Wow...I never thought of this. Thanks. That means the so called Mr. Fatai is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by integrity4life: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
Good day all,

Please I need advice on using a gift deed or not with my pending application. I'm about to submit my application to a province I got an ITA from. I had sufficient fund in my account since December last year but I got a lump sum of money like 3 different times within a week from my family member who just relocated to Canada in April this year. I feel it would be awkard getting a gift deed from someone who just got his PR not quite long . Can I just ignore the gift deed thing since I already had money in that same account since last year.

Secondly, my salary is small but to God be the glory, I don't have any problems with POF. Can an application be rejected for poor remuneration at one's place of work?

I need my seniors in the house to weigh in on this for me.

Thanks & God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dajayeoba(f): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Good day all,

I need to add my son to my PNP application but his international passport will not be ready until after the deadline.
Please I need suggestions on how to add his details without his international passport.

Thank you smiley smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
integrity4life:
Good day all,

Please I need advice on using a gift deed or not with my pending application. I'm about to submit my application to a province I got an ITA from. I had sufficient fund in my account since December last year but I got a lump sum of money like 3 different times within a week from my family member who just relocated to Canada in April this year. I feel it would be awkard getting a gift deed from someone who just got his PR not quite long . Can I just ignore the gift deed thing since I already had money in that same account since last year.

Secondly, my salary is small but to God be the glory, I don't have any problems with POF. Can an application be rejected for poor remuneration at one's place of work?

Thanks & God bless.

It is likely that different provinces have different rules concerning POF so please check your province's website.

For FSW, when you get ITA......ensure whatever you submit should add up. For example, you mention your salary is small but your POF is complete, that's wonderful....but can VO calculate your annual pay over the years you have worked and get that amount.....if not, he will wonder where the money is from, same applies to lump sum payments that are not salary related.

Gift deed or LOE....your call.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
integrity4life:
Good day all,

Thanks & God bless.
Your monthly pay won’t affect your application but you need to address the lump sum that will show up in your account.
You need the gift deed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jcaprio1: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
i received my gcms notes, please what does this mean:
Primary Office- Centralized Intake Office

secondary office - CPC-Ottawa

Is it that my file is now moved to Ottawa or still at CIO Sydney NS

My Eligibility and Security have not yet started

Also, info sharing is showing ready to be assessed since February. Please who knows how long info sharing takes.

AOR: February 10th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MielBaker(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello Everyone, I need your advice as I am a bit confused.

My Work History on my EE profile.

Data Analyst 2172, just few months
Admin Officer 1221, 1 year +
IT Manager 0213, 3 years +
Technical Support Specialist 6221, 4 years +
Classroom Teacher 4031, 1 year

NOC is 6221

CRS is 451

Now the thing causing my confusion is this....

I decided to change my NOC to 1221 to take advantage of PNP, but my CRS remains 451.

It meas skill transferability (foreign work history) remains 50. Even after changing from 3 years + to 1 year +

Is it supposed to be so? If not, what am I doing wrongly?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.