Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355947 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nymphomaniac(m): 1:12am On Aug 23, 2021
Honeysweetest:
Hello Everyone, I want to evaluate my credentials, but I have questions on that which are;

I included my spouse, do I need to evaluate his credentials too?, do he need to take an English test?

Can anyone help on how to contact Esuth online for my transcript.
Thanks for your time.
1. Yes and yes.

2. Get a physical contact in your school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 23, 2021
Call them. I love what they did with the payment involvement. It sanitized that place.
Becalina:
Hello,

Please who knows if the Q life medical fee is refundable as I won’t be able to go for Medicals due to some unforeseen circumstances?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BumyImagination(f): 4:41am On Aug 23, 2021
Hello Narailand,

We got ITA on the 18th of this Month.

We were nominated by Manitoba.

Detailed information loading...

But please I need to be added to a post ITA group. I have many questions to ask.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 5:40am On Aug 23, 2021
BumyImagination:
Hello Narailand,

But please I need to be added to a post ITA group. I have many questions to ask.

I'm itching to hear more about this good news!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by overlord77: 5:58am On Aug 23, 2021
BumyImagination:
Hello Narailand,

Awesome! Congrats �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 6:19am On Aug 23, 2021
BumyImagination:
Hello Narailand,

Beautiful! Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2021
nowhere:
Call them. I love what they did with the payment involvement. It sanitized that place.
I will, thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by joselekas(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2021
overlord77:

Make we no dey pray for basic things we can prepare for and get done. God gave us life then lets us push ourselves to achieve. Prayers no dey change IELTS scores o, but ample preparation does grin.

I know am going to get bashed for this but hey! e be things, lol

Prayer can indeed help you ace your IELTS. Let me share my experience with you.

My first IELTS was in Nov. 2019 and the result was a disaster. I had Listening:7 Reading:6 Writing:7.5 Speaking:8. I was very disappointed in the Listening and Reading as I felt I put in all my best in the preparation. In retrospect, I think I focused majorly on Writing.

Our CRS score was 375 or so and we were pursuing PNPs. When the PNP-Saskatchewan route fell apart due to COVID, our relative lost his job, we then resolved I should retake the IELTS.

I did the paper-based version of the exam in June 2020. So this time around I prepared for Listening and Reading with a different approach. I solved all the Cambridge IELTS Past Questions that I could lay my hands on. I remembered watching one of Liz's videos on Youtube and she said: "The Listening test is a test of plurals". You have to learn to listen for plurals if you want a band 8 and above. That statement stuck with me all through my preparation. I observed that it's very difficult for me to get a pluralized word whilst listening. So I constantly check the context of the word and try to add the 's'. That strategy didn't work all the time during the preparation as I missed some questions by adding 's'.

On the day of the exam, I kept revising all the strategies I had written down whilst preparing but this 'plural' strategy was something I knew is not 100% certain. I kept praying that God should guide me through making the right decision because I knew the "test of plural" will surely come out. My wife and little children were also praying back at home. She kept telling me to revise my Listening as if they will repeat questions. grin grin.

So after the Listening test, there was a question I wasn't sure either to append 's' on the compound word or not. I thought about it but was not convinced. So while doing the Reading, a phrase jumped at me with exactly the same construction as the Listening question I was doubting, and 's' was added to the word. Meanwhile, you are not supposed to flip to the Listening section answer sheet (they use the same answer sheet for both Listening and Reading) once you have started the Reading. And now that I'm sure I needed to add 's', what should I do? I ascertained no invigilator was watching me and I affixed the 's' to the word and continued my Reading section.

The results came out as Listening:8, Reading:7.5, Writing:7.5, Speaking:7.5. If I had not done what I did, I'd not have gotten 8 in Listening and that results would have been useless. And that'd have ended my Canadian dream. I know it's Prayer that did that for me.

Our CRS jumped to 446 immediately after that. Wife also did and had Listening:7, Reading:7, Writing:6.5, Speaking: 7. The CRS increased to 464 and we got picked up by Ontario in October last year and got the nomination in March this year. It's been a draining and stressful journey so far but at the centre of it for us is PRAYER. AOR: 28th April 2021. #prayerworks #foreverhoepful #Godisable

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2021
Thank you for this. Preparation is key but prayers makes the difference.
Thank you for keeping my hope alive.
What God cannot do does not exist.

joselekas:

My first IELTS was in Nov. 2019 and the result was a disaster. I had Listening:7 Reading:6 Writing:7.5 Speaking:8. I was very disappointed in the Listening and Reading as I felt I put in all my best in the preparation. In retrospect, I think I focused majorly on Writing.

Our CRS score was 375 or so and we were pursuing PNPs. When the PNP-Saskatchewan route fell apart due to COVID, our relative lost his job, we then resolved I should retake the IELTS.

I did the paper-based version of the exam in June 2020. So this time around I prepared for Listening and Reading with a different approach. I solved all the Cambridge IELTS Past Questions that I could lay my hands on. I remembered watching one of Liz's videos on Youtube and she said: "The Listening test is a test of plurals". You have to learn to listen for plurals if you want a band 8 and above. That statement stuck with me all through my preparation. I observed that it's very difficult for me to get a pluralized word whilst listening. So I constantly check the context of the word and try to add the 's'. That strategy didn't work all the time during the preparation as I missed some questions by adding 's'.

On the day of the exam, I kept revising all the strategies I had written down whilst preparing but this 'plural' strategy was something I knew is not 100% certain. I kept praying that God should guide me through making the right decision because I knew the "test of plural" will surely come out. My wife and little children were also praying back at home. She kept telling me to revise my Listening as if they will repeat questions. grin grin.

So after the Listening test, there was a question I wasn't sure either to append 's' on the compound word or not. I thought about it but was not convinced. So while doing the Reading, a phrase jumped at me with exactly the same construction as the Listening question I was doubting, and 's' was added to the word. Meanwhile, you are not supposed to flip to the Listening section answer sheet (they use the same answer sheet for both Listening and Reading) once you have started the Reading. And now that I'm sure I needed to add 's', what should I do? I ascertained no invigilator was watching me and I affixed the 's' to the word and continued my Reading section.

The results came out as Listening:8, Reading:7.5, Writing:7.5, Speaking:7.5. If I had not done what I did, I'd not have gotten 8 in Listening and that results would have been useless. And that'd have ended my Canadian dream. I know it's Prayer that did that for me.

Our CRS jumped to 446 immediately after that. Wife also did and had Listening:7, Reading:7, Writing:6.5, Speaking: 7. The CRS increased to 464 and we got picked up by Ontario in October last year and got the nomination in March this year. It's been a draining and stressful journey so far but at the centre of it for us is PRAYER. AOR: 28th April 2021. #prayerworks #foreverhoepful #Godisable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by overlord77: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2021
joselekas:

Don't get me wrong, I never joke with prayers. My point is, if you don't put in the works and just pray the scores will magically change, it will NOT!. God is Holy and will not cheat on anyone's behalf. That was my point.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2021
overlord77:

Don't get me wrong, I never joke with prayers. My point is, if you don't put in the works and just pray the scores will magically change, it will NOT!. God is upright and will not cheat on anyone's behalf. That was my point.
Nigerians and obsession with religion. I hope their faith survive in Canada where most of our prayers points are easily provided by the system lol

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyd213: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
joselekas:

You maintained a consistent band in writing. Can you share the materials you used in preparing for writing?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
Becalina:
I will, thank you
Do fill us in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by careymah: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hi, please i really need someone who can help analyse my work experience to fit in the NOC. I want to avoid mistakes. I work in a public establishment
GraciousWords:

See comments below in red.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
careymah:
Hi, please i really need someone who can help analyse my work experience to fit in the NOC. I want to avoid mistakes. I work in a public establishment

Do what Allegory did....we are here for you smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Karleb(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Lagbaja88:
Nigerians and obsession with religion. I hope their faith survive in Canada where most of our prayers points are easily provided by the system lol

grin grin grin

Nigeria so bad that we pray the government pay salaries they owe.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BCYemz(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hi guys! So I finally decided to give Canada a try! Been through some serious depression so i couldn’t even focus on doing the process but thank God I’m good now and I’m ready to get a new life out of the amoeba.

I actually finished school in Turkey and as they no dey give foreigners job like that, I come back come serve and been job hunting with nothing tangible really happening, na so i learn graphics designing o… funny enough my skills don strong and I dey even get really good clients from time to time.

I just felt like I had to do this quick intro just you guys can feel me small.

Alright, for WES, I’ve been trying to get in contact with the uni i graduated from in Turkey but haven’t been able to reach them. I wanted to know if faxing the transcripts is actually a thing now, not like they have to send it via mail? I just want to make sure I don’t put too much responsibility on them once I get in contact with them. That’s the main obstacle in my way. Any advice or suggestions would
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BCYemz(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hi guys! So I finally decided to give Canada a try! Been through some tough time after service man! so i couldn’t even focus on doing the process but thank God I’m good now and I’m ready to get a new life out of this amoeba.

I actually finished school in Turkey and as they no dey give foreigners job like that, I come back come serve and been job hunting with nothing tangible really happening. Na so i learn graphics designing o… funny enough my skills don strong and I dey even get really good clients from time to time.

I just felt like I had to do this quick intro just so you guys can feel me small.

Alright, for WES, I’ve been trying to get in contact with the uni i graduated from in Turkey but haven’t been able to reach them. I wanted to know if faxing the transcripts directly from the uni to WES is actually a thing now, not like they have to send it via mail? I just want to make sure I don’t put too much responsibility on them once I get in contact with them. That’s the main obstacle in my way. Any advice or suggestion would really appreciated.

Thanks guys and I wish you all success as you try to escape the zoo.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AgreatMan: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
Lagbaja88:

No be people dey go the churches n mosques wey dey Canada?

If prayer has been working for the person during exams, let him stick to the system he knows.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
mikeayus:

I dont think getting a Canadian work Visa or permit from Nigeria is realistic again at this time as processing time is now 52 weeks...whereas for Ghana, Kenya still remains 8 weeks. No employer in canada would want to wait 1 year before his new staff gets work permit before resumption when there are candidates who can get it in a few weeks

Sorry, is this the actually official time now 52 weeks? Can you confirm this or it's just hearsay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
truthsayer009:

Sorry, is this the actually official time now 52 weeks? Can you confirm this or it's just hearsay?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html . which employer will want to wait that long is the problem, 39 weeks on the link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 3:25am On Aug 24, 2021
Congrats Brotherly.

This happened to me in the exam hall. In the reading section, I saw the correct spelling. Omo i flipped my script and covered the top, so that they couldn't see if it is red or green..abi wetin be the color of the paper. Hahahaha. Congrats again. God's speed.

GOD is forever able.

joselekas:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mikeayus(m): 4:18am On Aug 24, 2021
truthsayer009:

I was told by a IRCC immigration consultant during a consultation session. However, you can check this page for more details https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kceewhyte(m): 4:58am On Aug 24, 2021
Guy pls what can I do here? I have been waiting for school..

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kceewhyte(m): 5:52am On Aug 24, 2021
My WES Status: On Hold
We are waiting for your institution to verify your documents.
Pls what kind i do, i submitted my documents since mid July.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ikepooni(f): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2021
kceewhyte:

Try to contact your school or wait till they verify your documents. It hasn’t been long since you submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kceewhyte(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Thanks sis
Ikepooni:

Try to contact your school or wait till they verify your documents. It hasn’t been long since you submitted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by James7474: 8:22am On Aug 24, 2021
Dear Team,

Trust you all had a lovely night.

I have a question regarding the ontario Crs scors PNP.

Assuming a Draw says 464 - 467.

Will I recieve an Invite, if my crs score is 481.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2021
James7474:
Dear Team,

No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2021
James7474:
Dear Team,

You already know the answer, but you are hoping there is a tiny bit of chance that you are wrong.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by overlord77: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2021
kceewhyte:

Get hold of your contact person in your alma mater and tell him or her to help expedite. It took mine 2 days after receiving this update to verify.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by opendo21(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2021
Allegory:

Same here, we’ve applied now we’re waiting. Please are you in any Oinp group?
None at the moment.. you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.