Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355163 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bezimo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bcpump:
Good afternoon House.

please I am still starting out the whole process. want to conclude my ECA and IELTS next month before creating a profile. However, due to the covid-19 economic impact, I just lost my job

Should I quickly request for a reference letter from my company now, or I should hold on till when jt is needed sometime next year in the course of the application.

Thanks

Apply to get it now.That reference letter is a key requirement of the process, don't delay any part of the process. In this matter, the earlier you get everything together the better.
You can organize to get the letter, write IELTS, assess your credentials through WES within the same time frame.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Marykelly: 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please if I’m getting a gift deed and want to go ahead and invest the money in fixed deposit what documents am I to attach?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kaygirl33:

Ok, but can the child use her own surname?
there is no law against it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Marykelly:
Please if I’m getting a gift deed and want to go ahead and invest the money in fixed deposit what documents am I to attach?
you really don't know the answer to this You provide everything that explains the transaction. Gift deed, bank statement showing inflow, investment certificate, bank reference. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
Teamo2:
E wa bami gi ijo ope o, jesu o se!!!!

Timeline
IELTS: March 23rd,2019, LRWS: 8,7.5,7,7
ECA: April 18th, 2019, Masters degree
EE profile created: April 18th, 2019
CRS: 469
ITA: May 1st, 2019
AOR: June 8th, 2019.
MEP/BIL: July 16th, 2019.
PFL: February 5th, 2020
Automatic extension of Medicals: June 2nd, 2020.
PPR: September 23rd, 2020.
VO: Montreal

I heard about Canada EE from my...

Big congrats sis. You've conquered this already. More wins for you ahead..

I remember reading your Procedural Fairness Letter way back and I was like, to be honest, this person get mind sha o..., shocked ...As in she carry biro herself write her reference letter com notarize am send give CIC? Lol... To God be the glory, it all ended in praise!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gifty28(f): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thank you! I will let her know. Thank you to others for your output

ednut1:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1022&top=16. All these questions are on ircc help page. Check it out. The father must consent. If you find a way around it and he gets to find out later . He can petition the embassy and they child would have to be returned to Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Marykelly: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
I know this actually but I’m not sure what the bank reference was supposed to be in respect of now the investment or the bank account itself it’s not clear to me.
ednut1:
you really don't know the answer to this You provide everything that explains the transaction. Gift deed, bank statement showing inflow, investment certificate, bank reference. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
ednut1:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1022&top=16. All these questions are on ircc help page. Check it out. The father must consent. If you find a way around it and he gets to find out later . He can petition the embassy and they child would have to be returned to Nigeria.

@gifty28

Go to the court and seek for sole custody since the father of the child isn’t in the life of the child. He will be invited and the court will decide. Once the court grant you sole custody then you’re good to go and owes him no explanation. Please ensure you don’t mention anything about your travel plans while seeking custody

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MrRomanticLover: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
BlestHanneSSG:

I remember reading your Procedural Fairness Letter way back and I was like, to be honest, this person get mind sha o..., shocked ...As in she carry biro herself write her reference letter com notarize am send give CIC? Lol... To God be the glory, it all ended in praise!

Are you serious...and she put her name beneath the signature? This is very bold indeed. what I know that you can do yourself is to write a statutory declaration. Reference letters are usually written by a someone else mostly a supervisor.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tinupop: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
this thread is very rich. I am glad to have found a credible group

A friend of my husband called him to tell him to recontinue his Canada express entry pursuit.

His friend has a PR and said that he will provide his SIN and provide PoF which will be in his account.

I want to know if it can work that way so that my husband, myself and our little baby can start the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tinupop:

A friend of my husband called him to tell him to recontinue his Canada express entry pursuit.

His friend has a PR and said that he will provide his SIN and provide PoF which will be in his account.

I want to know if it can work that way so that my husband, myself and our little baby can start the process.

You mean he wants to claim point from Hus friend?. That's not done o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tinupop:

not allowed. The money must be in your account. SIN and express entry has no correlation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by alteco007(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Congratulations. Are you still in the US?

Teamo2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
MrRomanticLover:

Are you serious...and she put her name beneath the signature? This is very bold indeed. what I know that you can do yourself is to write a statutory declaration. Reference letters are usually written by a someone else mostly a supervisor.
BlestHanneSSG:

I have a friend who did same. His promotion letter and offers letter showed his JD. If you request reference letter in his company you must tender resignation. So many bad belle employers in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tinupop: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
saskatoonguy:

You mean he wants to claim point from Hus friend?. That's not done o

No. His friend wants to be the provider of the Pof so as to allow my husband migrate to Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Gifty28:
Thank you! I will let her know. Thank you to others for your output

Have you been able to register for CIIN exam?
The image attached was what I got if you try to print exam slip.
My concern now is that no confirmation of successful registration and the number of courses registered is showing zero. I have been to the office but the secretary claimed it's successful with that image displayed.
I would like to know if yours is showing same.

Anyone that registered for CIIN should please also help out.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
please house, can a mistake in your united states visa application affect your express entry application. For example, in order to get US visa my agent lied about my job, but in express entry am using my real job details. Will this particular mistatement between two different countries cause problems for me. Even though in when providing information for ircc, i post that i have applied for us visa before
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Limitlessbond: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello all,
1. Please does one need to provide academic transcripts post ITA or certificates alone will do?

2. Also, for does who just completed their BCS exam and they are Using to claim point what could be done? Certificate is not ready due to covid. Will the result transcript printed online suffice? Since they already sent e-copies to Wes for evaluation.

Thanks for Ur response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PRFirstlady: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
abiodunn:

1.You don't need to upload any evidence for visa denial. Just respond yes and put the reason.

2.If you have applied for a visiting visa for Canada before now, then you answer Yes
Good luck

Thank you ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ogunlowoluseun: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Good evening seniors. Please I need your clarification

I recieved an acknowledgement mail on Sept 10 after I applied for my IELTS remark with BC late last month. It stated that they started processing on Sept 4, but I haven't heard anything since then. It'll be 21days tomorrow.

Please does it usually take this long to complete? Do I wait for the specified 28days before escalating?

Please I'd appreciate your advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please if you used IQAS recently, how long did it take for them to acknowledge receipt of transcript from Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by gracechellar(f): 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Teamo2:

Timeline

I heard about Canada EE from my friends when we were discussing alternative ways of settling abroad. I never really considered it initially because I was discouraged by the money and the thought of me writing IELTS exam was not entertaining.

Canada EE began to have roots in my mind when when I completed all my compulsory coursework PhD program and I was not interested in H1B Visa lottery wahala.

IELTS: I registered for IELTS exam in January and at the same time I was trying to turn in my Chapter one and Two of my dissertation, coupled with me going for conferences and moving to a new apartment. It was not easy but I survived. I wrote the exam on March 23rd, result was available by April 5th, LRSW 8,7.5,7,7.

ECA: I had already created a WES ICAP profile back in 2014 when I was applying to universities in USA. So I created another account for the ECA and called the customer care service to transfer all my transcripts to WES ECA. My transcript were transferred FOC and my younger brother helped with my WAEC result back in Nigeria. ECA report got completed on April 18, created my profile same day with score of 469.

References: I combined 4 different NOC. I was unable to get reference letter for NYSC (NOC 4031) but wrote the letter myself and notarized it, I attached my SOA to show salary deposit.
I also used my industrial training, was paid in cash (NOC 2282/1, June 2009-November 2009, 40hrs/week), submitted only the reference letter.
Family business, paid in cash (NOC 6211, June 2014 - July 2015, 40hrs/week), Attached salary deposit.
Research assistant (RA): My RA was broken down into four parts (September 2017-December 2017, 20hrs/week), (January 2018 - May 2018, 20hrs/week), (September 2018-December 2018, 15hrs/week), (January 2019 - April 2019, 10hrs/week).

PCC: I applied for UK PCC and it was pretty straightforward and easy.
Nigeria PCC: A friend helped me out with it.
US PCC: Easy and straightforward also.

Medicals: I had already booked for medicals weeks before ITA. I live in Louisiana, I had to do a 8hrs drive down to Houston (to and fro, longest drive I’ve ever done).

Fund: I received 100% funding from my dad’s business account. I never knew wire transfers could be that stressful, the agent took over 2 weeks after the money has been cleared from my dad’s account. Submitted a gift deed with it. I submitted all my account and credit card statement.

I raised 3 webform, 1st webform: To submit Bank letter, I initially submitted just my 6 months statement of account, 2nd webform: I had a UK visa refusal back in 2011, submitted the letter, 3rd wedform: I submitted my RA work experience Paystub.

Regarding the Research Assistant reference letter i submitted for my application. I realised that i forgot to mention an extra $600 which reflects on my paystub for January 2018. I initially had a Research assistantship with another department (Same job duties) for January 2018, submitted my timesheet for that month and was paid $600 but i later moved to my current department when i received a better offer of $1250/month.
This explains the discrepancy between what was stated in my Reference letter and Paystub.

Received a Procedural Fairness Letter on February 5th regarding notarized NYSC letter I submitted, I was given 7days to respond. I was in a dilemma because I knew no-one living in Brass Island, Bayelsa state. But after pleading my cause throughout several forums, I was able to locate a friend who knew a friend who also knew a friend living in Brass Island. That was how I submitted the original reference letter and stamped statement of account on February 12th.

Ordered GCMS note in August and I was relieved to see Eligibility met, just waiting on final approval.

I tried calling them this morning but it was not going through, I later had to give up not knowing that 20 minutes later I was going to receive the approval email.

congrats sis. More wins.... For the family business, did you start it at any point of your application that it was a family business?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tocde: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ddnazy:

Good morning. Have you been able to register for the exams. I have tried to but I am having issues. I sent you a PM pls

Have you registered as a-member with the institute?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bcpump: 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
bezimo:

Apply to get it now.That reference letter is a key requirement of the process, don't delay any part of the process. In this matter, the earlier you get everything together the better.
You can organize to get the letter, write IELTS, assess your credentials through WES within the same time frame.
Okay thank you.

is there any format, should it be addressed to Canada Immigration? or a to whom it may concern?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tocde: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
brogxy:

Have you been able to register for CIIN exam?
The image attached was what I got if you try to print exam slip.
My concern now is that no confirmation of successful registration and the number of courses registered is showing zero. I have been to the office but the secretary claimed it's successful with that image displayed.
I would like to know if yours is showing same.

Anyone that registered for CIIN should please also help out.

Did you get a mail from CIIN?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Fatimahil25:
Please house, I need your urgent response.

1. I have a diploma from lasu, a diploma from unilag, which transmitted me into my full degree in unilag. Although I am well aware from what I have read here, that Wes classifies diploma and bsc transcript as 1 degree. Can I use my diploma in lasu as a second certificate? I made enquiries and heard it’s now being referred to as jupeb in lasu? Before I process for it to be sent to Wes, I want to verify if it will be regarding as an additional certificate.

2. Also please, if I can add this to my document being evaluated? Will I need to refill my documents on Wes platform? How do I let them know I want add an additional document?

Please can someone respond to this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Limitlessbond: 12:18am On Sep 25, 2020
grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 1:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Lol.. As in ehh..
Well, such teaches us all a lesson as well. Massive congrats to her for such a feat!

MrRomanticLover:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Osama10(m): 1:06am On Sep 25, 2020
Teamo2:

Timeline

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 1:15am On Sep 25, 2020
grin And so many more bad-belle IELTS examiners!

...But in your friend's case, he, at least, had promotion letter and offer letter showing his JD (a prerequisite in Ref letters) alongside either payslips or bank alerts to prove salary inflows.

Kekereekun123:

I have a friend who did same. His promotion letter and offers letter showed his JD. If you request reference letter in his company you must tender resignation. So many bad belle employers in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 6:11am On Sep 25, 2020
Such beautiful news to wake up to. Maxed out at first try.
Biko can anyone answer my question about my surname being different from that of my spouse.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 6:28am On Sep 25, 2020
Congratulations smiley, I am expecting mine today and I pray for goodnews too.
Allegory:
Such beautiful news to wake up to. Maxed out at first try.
Biko can anyone answer my question about my surname being different from that of my spouse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.