Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1357742 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kcosam: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Do you have a telegram username? so I can request the Admin in Saskatchewan group to add you.
Adezeal1:
Please is there any Saskatchewan ITA group I can join?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2021
modupeolu45:
Hi everyone!
I would like to know if I need to create a new gckey to create an Express entry profile or use the one I created for my study permit, though it was refused? Thanks

The GCKey just gives you access to make online applications to IRCC, you can have multiple applications (TRV, EE, Study visa etc.) on the same GCKey.

Once you've applied to IRCC you have a UCI that doesn't change with future applications (your study permit UCI whether denied or approved will be your EE UCI), and they can easily see your history of interactions with them anyway, so I don't see the need for a different GCKey.

#MyUnderstanding

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adezeal1: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2021
No, I don't.
But I can create one now

kcosam:
Do you have a telegram username? so I can request the Admin in Saskatchewan group to add you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by modupeolu45: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you.
GraciousWords:

The GCKey just gives you access to make online applications to IRCC, you can have multiple applications (TRV, EE, Study visa etc.) on the same GCKey.

Once you've applied to IRCC you have a UCI that doesn't change with future applications (your study permit UCI whether denied or approved will be your EE UCI), and they can easily see your history of interactions with them anyway, so I don't see the need for a different GCKey.

#MyUnderstanding
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by careymah: 11:37am On Sep 09, 2021
Please i am interested in the group too, my username @Olatiwatide
kcosam:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by theconsortium: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adezeal1:
I'm in the same situation also.
My husband got ITA this morning but his Express entry application has expired and his IELTS expires next month

Can I sent you a PM so we can do this together.
I'm so confused now as I've lost hope regarding this Saskatchewan.

can you send me an email?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by theconsortium: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
careymah:
Please i am interested in the group too, my username @Olatiwatide
Pls add me my username is @Theconsortium1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by modupeolu45: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone!
Pls I would like to be guided.
Firstly, I have been working as a Legal Officer in our family company, though I'm also a director. Honestly, I also do administrative work in our company.

Would my NOC be 4112 (Lawyer) or 1221 Administration Officers or Executive assistant?

Does it matter if as a lawyer you have not been practicing in your field but have a personal business?

Pls kindly help me with answers as I'm trying to enter the pool. Thank you.

I would like to also connect with lawyers who have overcome this hurdle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
JIREN01:
Fair enough. However, leaving applicants in the dark is an extremely unfair thing to do. If they wouldn't be resuming FSW, appropriate information should be relayed to applicants in that regard and vice versa. If no draw would be conducted throughout this year or the program would be closed, or they would even be going on a break, applicants need to know rather than keep them waiting with no way forward. It's honestly a cruel thing to do. Playing games with people's hope is terribly a wicked act. No one would object if they decide not to continue with the program.
My little cents is to live your life and chase your dreams while here in Nigeria . If along the line you get the PR you can also move and chase your dreams there. Don’t keep anything on hold. I felt bad for people who pulled their children out of school and sold their belongings all for a Canadian residence visa. Many of them have been made to believe that the system is near perfect while the Nigerian system was few weeks away from a disaster but they ended up giving up on Nigeria and also not being able to move to Canada at the time they wanted to.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sauuron: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Adezeal1:
I'm in the same situation also.
My husband got ITA this morning but his Express entry application has expired and his IELTS expires next month

Can I sent you a PM so we can do this together.
I'm so confused now as I've lost hope regarding this Saskatchewan.

you should probably check out this Alberta PNP link on canadavisa. It'll be more helpful and you're less likely to make mistakes. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/alberta-ainp-new-portal-noi-2021.725801/page-58
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Tfo10: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
Green light what. Ircc will stain your white.
JIREN01:
Although going by recent trend, PNP and CEC draws are always conducted one day apart. However, CEC wasn't conducted on a day after PNP. Could this be a green light?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by freshdude: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please how much did it amount to in naira. You know the rate you quoted was for American dollars not Canadian dollars.
ezzylee:

Hi,

Tried paying with my Stanbic MasterCard, and the payment didn’t go through.

Had to create a virtual dollar card on Barter by flutterwave, and then paid with that. Their exchange rate was #528.

I think there’s also the option of paying with your dollar card if you have a DOM account with your bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ezzylee(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
freshdude:
Please how much did it amount to in naira. You know the rate you quoted was for American dollars not Canadian dollars.

Everything was about #97,000. (96k for WES payment, and about 1k for the creation of the virtual dollar card.)

So 230 CAD = 182.53 USD as at the time I paid

182.53 * 528 = approximately 96400

Charges for creating a virtual dollar card brought the money to a rounded down figure of 97,000
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ezzylee(m): 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
jstemmanex:
Please, how much did it come to in naira

Everything was about #97,000. (96k for WES payment, and about 1k for the creation of the virtual dollar card.)

Charges for creating a virtual dollar card brought the money to a rounded down figure of 97,000
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
modupeolu45:
Hello everyone!
Would my NOC be 4112 (Lawyer) or 1221 Administration Officers or Executive assistant?

Does it matter if as a lawyer you have not been practicing in your field but have a personal business?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

Choose the NOC that complies with this:
*is within the last 10 years
*is paid work (wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count) of approx. 30 hours per week
*has a job description which shows that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement, all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed in the NOC.

You should only claim the NOC for lawyers if you have actually been working as a lawyer - it's not about if you studied to be a lawyer.

Your side hustle does not negatively affect your express entry application (unless you're an arms dealer!) grin . When you apply (after ITA), you'll need to list it, nothing you need to provide docs for (assuming you are not using it to claim work experience points).

Please also thoroughly digest page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmafe(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Good day house. Please few questions

* If my final destination is Nova Scotia, where will I do my 14days quarantine? Toronto or Novia Scotia ?

* Please recommend good platform for flight booking. I’ve read lot of bad reviews on Wakanow.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by teesquad007: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please, I also used 2253 and 2251 as my NOC but got none. Please what is your score in the EE?
isaacola57:
NOC 2253.. Were you notified too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by teesquad007: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hi, I also have the same NOC as yours 2253 and 2251 but i wasnt notified. What is your score and did you apply for EOI with Alberta?
isaacola57:
NOC 2253.. Were you notified too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lagbaja88:
do you know how many prs have bought houses. Using funds they brought as initial deposit
Are you kidding me!!!shockedshockedshocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by readandwrite: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone, Please I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I want to decline my SINP invitation to submit an application because my POF is not up to 3 months, I have tried looking online on how to decline but I can't find that information. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Afolavid:

Exactly! I've always been like 'Nigeria will be better' and I'm doing fine myself but I received sense and changed my mindset just few months ago. Nigeria can never get better, now I've started my journey to PR. The earlier the better!!! Later in the future, some people will regret not taking their chances to leave this country or at least, have a second home, just in case.
Oh my God! shockedshocked So harsh, but that's the reality! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzland: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
Tfo10:
Green light what. Ircc will stain your white.
grin
grin
grin
OMG! People are seriously angry! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
readandwrite:
Hello everyone, Please I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I want to decline my SINP invitation to submit an application because my POF is not up to 3 months, I have tried looking online on how to decline but I can't find that information. Can anyone help. Thanks.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs

What happens if I can't apply within 60 days of being invited to apply? Once you are invited to apply, your EOI profile will be removed from the EOI pool. If you don't apply within 60 days, your Invitation to Apply will expire. You will need to create a new EOI profile if you remain interested in applying to the SINP.

or email them: immigration@gov.sk.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by barby008: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
POF should be in your account not less than 90 days before you submit full application. So if you've had it for more than a month,keep counting till it gets to 90 days,get your bank statement and submit.
Search for Saskatchewan on telegram for more information
readandwrite:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bozoris: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
For those interested in obtaining the certified maintenance and reliability professional (CMRP) designation before landing. Please see the link below
https://www.udemy.com/course/cmrp-practice-questions/?referralCode=3EDC5D10E26096AA6113.
Free reading materials are also available.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jstemmanex(m): 4:49am On Sep 10, 2021
Thanks a lot

ezzylee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mrfemi1: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2021
Hello Guys, when is the next draw?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Abdomox: 8:24am On Sep 10, 2021
Mrfemi1:

cc: IRCC

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Only GOD knows coz even IRCC doesn't know and elections are coming up.

Mrfemi1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Loye1: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
kcosam:
Hello, can you please add me to the telegram group. My username is Bisola1234
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rawe45: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Saw this yesterday.
Japa gurus, how does one handle this situation?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.