Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355460 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ajokelawal: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
I just want to start this journey and I need advice on certificate evaluation. Please which evaluation body would you say is the best to use now. Considering the situation with covid 19. I have read about documents getting missing and evaluation taking too long with some evaluation bodies.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
mastravel:
Welcome back @stencil!
Last time you posted here was in January grin
I'm sure you were tired of seeing @lagbaja88's bullying cool No pun intended @lagbaja88
undecided i no go kuku post again lol. I go dey my dey grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yinksob002: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2021
I will advise that you use WES. Just ensure that your transcript gets to them early cos that's where the delay usually comes from.

Once it is sorted and verified promptly, your evaluation can come out within a week sef.

All the best.

Ajokelawal:
Hello everyone,
I just want to start this journey and I need advice on certificate evaluation. Please which evaluation body would you say is the best to use now. Considering the situation with covid 19. I have read about documents getting missing and evaluation taking too long with some evaluation bodies.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by olalekan9320(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2021
suogal:

Thank you very much I put in 2 years experience.

Please do we need reference letter for all job experience on our application or just for the most recent one.

Also please must our primary noc be the most recent experience or it can be a previous role

Not only the recent one, for anyone you are using to get points either recent or not

Primary NOC could be any one as long as it's more than one year but if you're targeting PNP then you need to carefully choose
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ajokelawal: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2021
yinksob002:
I will advise that you use WES. Just ensure that your transcript gets to them early cos that's where the delay usually comes from.

Once it is sorted and verified promptly, your evaluation can come out within a week sef.

All the best.

Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OrgasmGiver(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Losing hope that the FSW draws will resume. Really sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cutebear: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2021
Try not to be sad....it also affects but I try to brush off the negative feelings. Some people have been on this journey for several years. I know someone that finally got her points this year and it's now that they decided not to do draws...imagine the frustration. Just try your best to still enjoy life (even though I know it can be hard to do so with all the issues in Nigeria). But just try to distract yourself with family, friends, movies, books, social media etc. It will end in praise...Amen!
OrgasmGiver:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aurorae1: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2021
OrgasmGiver:

Honestly maybe not this year, with the upcoming Federal elections, a probable shift in power, IRCC reforms, COVID-19 etc. Like the poster below says, try to improve, love and live the life you have now.
If it begins next week or next year, it begins.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CountVersailles(f): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6750846/canadian-court-describes-nigerian-police#105774006
n April, another Canadian judge, Sébastien Grammond, also denied asylum to Olushola Popoola, a former member of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) on the grounds of his association with the police unit.

Popoola had also requested for a judicial review of the decision of the immigration department which found him inadmissible into the country on the grounds of his membership of the Nigeria Police Force.

“I am dismissing his application because the decision-maker reasonably assessed the relevant factors for deciding whether Mr Popoola made a knowing and significant contribution to the crimes committed by the Nigerian Police Force,” Grammond ruled.

Looks like it might get more difficult for members of the Nigerian forces to get express entry or any other forms of Canadian immigration benefits

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
CountVersailles:
https://www.nairaland.com/6750846/canadian-court-describes-nigerian-police#105774006

Looks like it might get more difficult for members of the Nigerian forces to get express entry or any other forms of Canadian immigration benefits
how many members of mopol or sars are interested in express entry or qualify. Not much grin guity by association. Some mopols basically served as houseboy or driver and may not have done any criminal acts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by CountVersailles(f): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
ednut1:
how many members of mopol or sars are interested in express entry or qualify. Not much grin guity by association. Some mopols basically served as houseboy or driver and may not have done any criminal acts.
Some are. I think I've seen a few posts on earlier express entry threads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Set4me: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Thank you for your response, it's really helpful.

What short course will you suggest? Any link or how to go about it please?

I love IT. Though I don't have any knowledge in it except the basic computer knowledge, which I'm currently using as an office assistant.

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Set4me: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

If she is going that route, she may need to take the whole ACCA courses to get three years evaluation because for her to claim two or more certificate, one of the degrees must be 3 years long. In her case ND is evaluated as one or two years. Why don't you apply as the principal applicant since you are 31 years old and you can get a short course to claim two or more and your spouse can take IELTS to support you. You may be lucky to have your occupation in demand in some of the provinces.
Thank you for the response. Very helpful.

Please what short course would you recommend for me. I love IT, but I don't have any experience in it. I have basic computer knowledge, which I'm currently using working as an office assistant.

Please any suggestion?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Beemer: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hello house, do provinces usually consider secondary NOC for nomination? Especially Alberta. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by legionISproteus: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
cutebear:
Hmmm....I follow an Indian Immigration facebook page and there are posts from Indians & Pakistanis who have received PPRs...they are all outlanders so, they don't live in Canada...seems like they're releasing PPRs slowly...hopefully, there will soon be a rain of PPRs for all those who submitted since last year.
This is a nice update
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stencil: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Haha the nostalgia! grin
mastravel:
Welcome back @stencil!
I'm sure you were tired of seeing @lagbaja88's bullying cool No pun intended @lagbaja88
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Stencil: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
If you did NYSC, please use that to add up to 3 years. It doesn't matter what you did.
You need a reference letter for jobs you are claiming points for.

Remember, to claim points, one of your jobs should be continuous for one year. The rest can be varying durations.
For example:
Job 1 - at least One year (primary)
Job 2- 4 months
Job 3 - 9 months etc

The primary NOC doesn't have to be the most recent.
Someone I know used a job she did whilst studying as her primary NOC. This job was done about 4 or 5 years prior to her EE application.

When you have the time, click on my name and go through my previous posts. You'd see information that I feel would be helpful in this journey.
Good luck! This journey is worth it!

PS: if things get too complicated, send me a message and I'd see if I can help.
suogal:

Thank you very much I put in 2 years experience.
Please do we need reference letter for all job experience on our application or just for the most recent one.
Also please must our primary noc be the most recent experience or it can be a previous role

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Set4me:

Thank you for the response. Very helpful.

Please what short course would you recommend for me. I love IT, but I don't have any experience in it. I have basic computer knowledge, which I'm currently using working as an office assistant.

Please any suggestion?
BCS, ACCA (F1 to F3), CIIN, CIMA (BA1 to BA4).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
mastravel:
cheesy You're giving back enough to the nairaland community. Don't stop yet. cheesy
You say he has given back enough but you call him a bully? undecided cheesy Yes, sometimes we may not agree with his mode of delivery, but you and I will agree that the guy and Ednut1 are the only few of the Nigerians in Canada that were active on this thread (if not the only two) who still stayed to give back. Every other person has landed and forgotten the thread. Guy don deactivate now, so I guess no more 'bullying'

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Bumdesh: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hello

Please how do I get OAU transcript. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Adeolujoseph1: 11:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hi ,Please when is the best time to add spouse after AOR. Do I need to wait for my MEP and BIL? Or anytime after AOR is fine.?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:15am On Sep 14, 2021
mastravel:
Welcome back @stencil!
Bullying who ? If you call his bullying so what do call twoods or whatever when he was here. This thread has actually degenerated and a lot of people just jump and pass while some benefit and move ahead without giving back or contributing to the thread , thanks to graciouswords who always has time to answer all the Questions and it’s because of people like her and a few people who have hung around despite being held in the whole ircc silence, like missma and co the thread is still meaningful.
Mastravels I’ve actually never seen you contribute that much to people’s “valid queries” on this thread but you observe the bullies, maybe I skipped your contributions.
A lot of people actually come on here these days to ask a lot of questions and e remain make dem ask say how will I go the toilet , so because someone chooses to tell those people reasearch in this thing if you’re really going to invest your time and money in it , you call that bullying.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2021
It is good to see you again here. You were one of the people who answered my question as a newbie 2 years back.
I hope you are doing okay.

Still as helpful as ever. GOD bless you.

Stencil:
If you did NYSC, please use that to add up to 3 years. It doesn't matter what you did.
You need a reference letter for jobs you are claiming points for.

Good luck! This journey is worth it!

PS: if things get too complicated, send me a message and I'd see if I can help.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:44am On Sep 14, 2021
mastravel:
what part of "no pun intended" you don't understand shocked
When you say no pun intended after saying what you actually intended.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 14, 2021
mastravel:
Satirically said that lipsrsealed
Go nowhere ooo. You must be dealing with those baby questions every day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Favouriteguy: 1:54am On Sep 14, 2021
Hello guys,

Please what is the best way to send passport to VFS Lagos? Should I go in person or should I send through courier?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TWoods(m): 5:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Bullying who ? If you call his bullying so what do call twoods or whatever when he was here. This thread has actually degenerated and a lot of people just jump and pass while some benefit and move ahead without giving back or contributing to the thread , thanks to graciouswords who always has time to answer all the Questions and it’s because of people like her and a few people who have hung around despite being held in the whole ircc silence, like missma and co the thread is still meaningful.
Mastravels I’ve actually never seen you contribute that much to people’s “valid queries” on this thread but you observe the bullies, maybe I skipped your contributions.
A lot of people actually come on here these days to ask a lot of questions and e remain make dem ask say how will I go the toilet , so because someone chooses to tell those people reasearch in this thing if you’re really going to invest your time and money in it , you call that bullying.

I rarely post on these threads... so the point?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Komurewa: 6:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

BCS, ACCA (F1 to F3), CIIN, CIMA (BA1 to BA4).

I have NIM (Nigerian Institute of Management) certificate. Can I use it to gain point. I already added my M.A but my point is not high 435

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.