Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Advise On How To Help My House Assistant - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise On How To Help My House Assistant (2991 Views)

My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Advise On How To Help My House Assistant by AlphaCEO: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
layi:

I dont believe anything is too late.

I got my first degree at 22. Started working , made money, got married, raised 3 kids, built my house,2 cars and all but still decided to follow my childhood dream and went into medical school at 35. The average age in my class was 18. I wasn't ashamed. Guess what, I got inducted 2 yrs ago at the age of 40. Now a medical doctor.

This is the sole reason why i want her educated. She has me as a father figure, she should succeed. Just needed advise on easiest way to help her.

Thank u all once again
@layi
Awesome! Truly inspiring post
about your career progression
to becoming a medical doctor. Congrats to you. smiley

I joined NL originally in 2005 and
I remember you used to be active
on NL back in the day.

Thanks for touching that girl's
life for the benefit of all. When I was younger, my dad's immediate older brother (my paternal uncle) did the same thing back in the
early 1980s for a male house
keeper by the name Ayo from Benin Republic. He's doing well
with his fabrication firm in Lagos today and he's regarded as a close family member. Even his younger sister was able to travel to London while working as a domestic help for a wealthy man and now she's married. These instances taught
me a vital lesson to also touch
the lives of people.

I'm glad that lifelong relationships were formed and the status of these folks was elevated. You and your family are on the right track with assisting this girl.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Advise On How To Help My House Assistant by layi(m): 1:50am On Apr 08, 2023
She's finally with me. Her father brought her willingly and all is well now. Enrolled her in a private school sharply. Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: Advise On How To Help My House Assistant by doggedfighter(f): 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
layi:
She's finally with me. Her father brought her willingly and all is well now. Enrolled her in a private school sharply. Thank u all.

You are welcome.

May your kindness to her be rewarded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update.i And My Wife Are Back Together / Is It Right For A Father To Lie Like This, With His Grown-up Daughter? / Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.