Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? (37674 Views)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
manychallenges:
I first experienced it when I was so young, I think when I was just around 6 years old, it was few minutes after we finished vigil in church, yeah, I first experienced it right inside the church. I was just lying there conscious but I couldn't moved any parts of my body but after few seconds, I regained my freedom, and till now I haven't told anyone about it.

And since then, I've been experiencing sleep paralysis but not everyday, maybe once or twice in months, even sometimes weeks.

And I always felt someone or creature or spirit pinning me down, it always very difficult for me to do anything or move at all despite the fact that am awake, this ain't exaggeration, I always feels/felt someone pinning me down during the periods.

This morning own was something else, it was as if the someone is into me somehow, I slept on my side, and I felt someone pinning me down from back like aggressively cuddling me. It was horrified. My asshole is even doing me somehow or its just my mind playing trick. Only heard about spirit wife, is there gay spirit as well? embarassed

I don't sleep naked and am a male of 26. Is sleep paralysis normal or my own could be spiritual? Am a Christian but not "real" Christian like that, only go to church once awhile.

God should just have mercy on me, I've been going through a lot couple challenges and this is even least of them.

What do you think?
Some paralysis are spiritual. Experienced that shit when I was in uni and strange powers tried me... Screaming Jesus within is simply the solution for me. I don't quite joke with my spiritual wellbeing.

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by giftylyn(f): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
giftylyn:
I thought I was the only one with these..I float all over my room each time sleep wanna come heavily...I find my body going out and coming bk in..I find it very terrifying then I had to Google it and discovered it's called (out body experience)
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LandMann: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
giftylyn:
I thought I was the only one with these..I float all over my room each time wanna come heavily...I find my body going out and coming bk in..I find it very terrifying then I had to Google it and discovered it's called (out body experience)

Your own strong pass sleep paralysis... Hopefully your ghost no go loss one day o... And if eventually it happens, You're the type with a soul that will be roaming around finding how to communicate with the living... Be conscious of yourself and be a good person for your own sake... Don't hurt others cos you won't like the repercussion

8 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by GoldHorse(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
Look up sleep apnea
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Armstrong34(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!

It's real....i have experienced this thing you saying o!!!!!....

I have experienced it Twice!!!

The first time I confirmed seeing the Spirit was in Ghana in my hotel room....I off the light in my room bfor sleeping and the colour of the wall paint was oil paint white...

So I slept on the bed facing my head to the window and the Windows were opened... So the moonlight from the window flashed towards the wall close to the door..

So right in the night I couldn't move at all.. I struggle for minutes praying and trying to shout...

So as I was regaining full consciousness and opened my eyes ..i saw on the wall the terrifying SHADOW SHAPE of the SPIRIT above my bed where the light of the moon was reflecting on....

This is very very real!!!!

Please u people should do what he says first to confirm your doubts bfor u attribute this to Medical or scientific defect

6 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
That shit is 100% spiritual

Oversabi people will come here and yarn otherwise based on some scientific jargon..

If you’ve had that stuff before, you’ll understand how spiritual it is, speaking from pure experience...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
OKOATA:
Alot of people have sense but don’t think, what causes sleep paralysis is simply when you don’t close your eyes fully while you sleep, the little part of the pupils will be out, it’s like closing your eyes half and sleeping at the same time, sleep paralysis usually happen in the day or at night when the lights on. There was a day I experienced it and my brother woke me up and he told me that I didn’t close my eyes well while sleeping and a little part of my pupils were out. So the fact that your pupils are out goes to the brain and makes the brain think your eyes are open but your body itself is asleep so there’s not nothing about sleep paralysis being spiritual. The best way not to experience it is to always use an eyes cover while you sleep and if you sleep while facing upwards it’s likely for your eyes to be opened if you don’t use an eyes cover.
this must be the dumbest write up i have read on nairaland for a while.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
Slurity:
I WILL GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. FROM NOW ON, MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM DOOR HAS A DOOR CURTAIN AND ALWAYS SLEEP FACING THE CURTAIN. NEST TIME YOUR FEEL HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS AS YOU CALL IT AND IMMEDIATELY YOU STRUGGLE TO WAKE UP JUST LOOK STRAIGHT TO THE DOOR CURTAIN AND NEVER BLINK YOUR EYES. YOU WILL SEE THE SPIRIT LEAVING THE ROOM WITH A PUSH ASIDE SIGN ON THE CURTAIN AS IF SOMEONE IS LEAVING THE ROOM. NOTE THAT THE CURTAIN WILL PULL ASIDE OR OUTSIDE. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON THAT IS DOING THE EVIL PLAY WITH YOU IS ALSO SLEEPING SOMEWHERE NOT FAR FROM YOUR HOUSE. There are some sleeping position that make your body assessible by the spirit. Dont sleep facing up directly, dont sleep with your hands cross behind your head and dont cross your led while you sleep. IT IS A DEEP SPIRITUAL MANIPULATION. PRAY AGAINST IT. SHALLOM!
[/s]
Wonderfully crafted BULLSHIT. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by muller101(m): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
It's artificial
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Pegi23(f): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
It is spiritual. Nothing normal abt it. I do plug my earphones ND play music while sleeping because of this sleep paralysis. Kindly play music while sleeping I swear u won't have it again

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
It happens when you are about to sleep, I think it is like a bug in our system, your brain has sent you to sleep but you suddenly wake up and boom a stupid bug, nothing spiritual there. To prevent it, note the lying position in which it happens and stop sleeping in that position, it will reduce number two, get more sleep brother, sleep early, forget all these rubbish vigils and midnight casting and binding, they will only rob you of your sleep, you are an animal just like the other animals and therefore can't cheat nature.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sleep paralysis is very normal, nothing supernatural about it.
They are just pinning you down self and you are complaining, wait till they grab your balls grin the thing go hit you differently grin

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Satoshi9ja: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Google sleeping paralysis and thank me later.
I have had to battle this for years untill i found the cure. And it's simple.
It has to do with the way you sleep.
Change it.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Uzomacharles: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slurity:

80% True...

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:
That shit is 100% spiritual

Oversabi people will come here and yarn otherwise based on some scientific jargon..

If you’ve had that stuff before, you’ll understand how spiritual it is, speaking from pure experience...
Millions of people have had the experience, stop yarning horseshit.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Lcpastor: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sleep paralysis is the opposite of sleepwalking, it occurs when the brain is awake and the body is still asleep and couldn't carry out the actions initiated by the brain, it gives the person false sense of action. When you shout or move, you aren't doing those things, just the brain that is working and dishing out instructions believing that such action is taking place while in actual sense, your body doesn't move an inch.

The opposite is sleepwalking, this is when the brain is still asleep but the body is fully awake, this makes your actions insensible as the brain is not coordinating your actions. You can mis your way or eat Fufu using water you supposed to wash your hands with.

There is nothing like spirit or witch in it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Glaswegian: 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
It’s the work of jinn.

Type “ruqya” in youtube and play it every night before you go to bed. Trust me, it wont happen again.

It’s a set of qur’anic verses that ward off jinn.

You may download it or play it from youtube every night.

Works wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Thanos1000: 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sleep paralysis is normal,though the first i had it i was scared (was partially awake but can't move like a force pulling me down),so i made my findings and learn somethings about it
3 things i can point too that could trigger sleep paralysis
1)Stress:Mayb you have been working hard all day without rest,not everyone per say buh still part of it
2)sleeping position; There are so many ways we do sleep but sleeping while facing up is not advisable ,apart from sleeping paralysis you may experience some weird dream also
3)where you sleep;what i mean here is that,do you sleep on bed or mat or long chair.........though its very rare but it can sometimes cause it...
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by OKOATA(m): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
kingy1:
this must be the dumbest write up i have read on nairaland for a while.
You are the dumb one, if you have nothing constructive to say kindly STFU. It’s something have experienced so kindly get lost.

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by MrColdsweat: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
LaReinaa:
That sh*t is 100% spiritual

Leave those idiots.

They say some scientific jargon, then say sleep paralysis is not spiritual, that's its natural. Whereas people who have actually practiced science, I'm not talking about these people who just did a few science modules in schools. I'm talking about embarking on a scientific research, or scientific discovery, they'd tell you that science is 100% spiritual.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Issiijay:
This happened to me, but it's been a while.
Tbh, in my own understanding cos my dad is a pastor, it's actually spiritual. Tf, why would demons or witchcraft hold n pin me down , my whole body go numb

The biggest part is my voice gets taken or seized, cos at that moment when I wanna shout mom or dad, I find it hard to let out a faint voice.

Well in the normal non spiritual world, it could actually be natural or supernatural involving the spiritual. It's just complicated n confusing

But it's just really ain't a good stuff, yeah pray bout it.
Very correct, it takes away your voice entirely.. I always try to shout Jesus to no avail..
The only solution to it is prayers..

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by TiglathPILESER: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
noble2faith:
Lemme go Righteousness 89

Beware! Things Are Getting Tough These Days! Strange Things Are Happening! The Son of Man Will Soon Appear! Where Will You Spend Your Eternity?! Imagine If The Young Man Had Died In His Sleep When Experiencing Sleep Paralysis, It Would Be Him and His Deeds In The Presence of The Judge of All Judges. Repent Now and Give Your Life To Christ!

U better undo this foolishess of urs, the messenger was sent He delivered the message and u are using it to create humor. Be wise

7 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by dulaman: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Though sleep paralysis is real, it is the only phenomenon that isn't scientifically proven. Why? because they're jinns!

I've been strangled and I've realized that reading d quran during this moment of torture provokes Jinns to run away! Pray before you sleep!

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Slurity(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
KingAzubuike:
There's nothing spiritual about sleep paralysis. There's nothing like juju or jazz... There's nothing like demons. These are all myths, they are folktales

As for sleep paralysis, during the deepest phase of sleep which is REM, a neurotransmitter called glycine is released limit the body's motor function and render muscles immobile.

As for the sensation of something sitting on your chest which y'all tag as demons, that’s usually because of the way breathing is regulated in REM sleep. Because the neurotransmitter has been limiting your diaphragm to rhythmic, shallow breaths, you might feel like you can’t breathe deeply... laboured breathing which may seem as though something is pressing down and keeping your lungs from filling up with air. Unfortunately all these church people will say it's demons sitting on your chest.
Do you say nothing like jazz? May village people not reason your case. In my very present two secondary sch student fighting use juju ring to beat themself and the one beaten ran mad for 2 days. The whole village was thrown in panic. The village head and some chiefs has to do the needful before the guy who is a son to one of our class teacher get well after 2 days madness.

5 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by ashawopikin(m): 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slurity:
see as fear don dey catch me

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Uzomacharles: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
OKOATA:
Alot of people have sense but don’t think, what causes sleep paralysis is simply when you don’t close your eyes fully while you sleep, the little part of the pupils will be out, it’s like closing your eyes half and sleeping at the same time, sleep paralysis usually happen in the day or at night when the lights on. There was a day I experienced it and my brother woke me up and he told me that I didn’t close my eyes well while sleeping and a little part of my pupils were out. So the fact that your pupils are out goes to the brain and makes the brain think your eyes are open but your body itself is asleep so there’s not nothing about sleep paralysis being spiritual. The best way not to experience it is to always use an eyes cover while you sleep and if you sleep while facing upwards it’s likely for your eyes to be opened if you don’t use an eyes cover.

Confirm Lie
I experienced mine in a dark room lying beside my father

3 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
OP please don't listen to all this atheist and people who don't believe in spiritual stuffs. This world is more than what we make of it, you need to get closer to God and pray more.

Surrender totally to Jesus and accept him as your lord and personal savior. He is ever willing to accept you.

God bless you .

8 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Wettoid123: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
I really use to experience this level those days but not anymore.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

Millions of people have had the experience, stop yarning horseshit.
Millions of people but obviously not you because if you’ve really had the experience before, you won’t have the gots to vomit that rubbish you just typed up there!

Na oversabi go kee you las las.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
OKOATA:
You are the dumb one, if you have nothing constructive to say kindly STFU. It’s something have experienced so kindly get lost.
how can you generalize your personal and may even be few times experience.
Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by LaReinaa(f): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Leave those idiots.

They say some scientific jargon, then say sleep paralysis is not spiritual, that's its natural. Whereas people who have actually practiced science, I'm not talking about these people who just did a few science modules in schools. I'm talking about embarking on a scientific research, or scientific discovery, they'd tell you that science is 100% spiritual.

Don’t mind the confused humans grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? by godwin1189: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Only pussy asss niggarrrs Will say sleep paralysis is an attribute or rather as a result of Spiritism, necromancy, mysticism, wizardry, occultism, diabolism, spiritual telepathic transmission, clairvoyance and extrasensory perception

this guy sabi book o. You be don.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Female UNILAG Student Slumps & Dies After Clubbing With A Man / How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment / I Have This Rare Disease 'Mucha Habermann', Please Help - PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.