Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. (999 Views)

12 Gory Photos With Equally Disturbing Backstory(real Crime Scenes) / Policeman Shooting At A Cow Shot Man Dead On Christmas Day (Disturbing Photos) / Ozubulu Businessman Shot Dead On The Streets Of South Africa (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
We can agree that the blatant display of mutilated bodies of victims of accidents, clashes and murders is incredibly disrespectful to the dead and can take a devastating toll on their families and loved ones. Adding 'graphic' pictures does not lessen the effect to the viewer either.

I would appeal that we must resist this need to take pictures from gory scenes or post them on social media for all to see, you hardly see any other race in the world display the bodies of their dead with such impunity.

Please register your signature below to get the creators and managers of this forum to act also:

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/online-petition-to-end-the-gory-display-of-the-dead-on-nairaland.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

4 Likes

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by EmptyGarden(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Where do I sign?

2 Likes

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by illicit(m): 2:00am On Aug 29, 2020
Thesourcerer won't like this
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Theesourcerer: 6:16am On Aug 29, 2020
illicit:
Thesourcerer won't like this
.why?
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
You people have not stated your actual motives for this. But we have been calling for some upgrades including DISLIKE button and you kept deaf ears.

1 Like

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by illicit(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Theesourcerer:
.why?

It might bring the end of gory tales on NL, and that's your specialty

1 Like

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
illicit:

It might bring the end of gory tales on NL, and that's your specialty

Hi, you have not signed yet.
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
TRUTHaDDICTED:
You people have not stated your actual motives for this. But we have been calling for some upgrades including DISLIKE button and you kept deaf ears.

Hello, I am also a user like you, hoping to see that we do not have gory pictures on this forum. Do append your signature and we can drive a petition for a dislike button.
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by illicit(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ayotemide:

Hi, you have not signed yet.

wink
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by XTHRONE(m): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ayotemide:
We can agree that the blatant display of mutilated bodies of victims of accidents, clashes and murders is incredibly disrespectful to the dead and can take a devastating toll on their families and loved ones. Adding 'graphic' pictures does not lessen the effect to the viewer either.

I would appeal that we must resist this need to take pictures from gory scenes or post them on social media for all to see, you hardly see any other race in the world display the bodies of their dead with such impunity.

Please register your signature below to get the creators and managers of this forum to act also:

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/online-petition-to-end-the-gory-display-of-the-dead-on-nairaland.html

Get lost, don't open the thread if you feel you cant stand it emotionally. Don't feel biased but i think your post is uncalled for. Pictures are proves, pictures makes stories more lively and real.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by eteebanky: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
eteebanky:
Nonsense

What exactly is your grouse?
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 08, 2020
Ayotemide:

I agree cos if was my body I wouldn't want anyone seeing it
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by playapayaski: 7:41am On Sep 08, 2020
Avoid such threads.. Kapish?

1 Like

Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by Ayotemide(f): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2020
playapayaski:
Avoid such threads.. Kapish?

I am going to assume that you think threads like that should exist in the first place, which is the notion that must be defeated.
Re: Signatures Needed: Online Petition to end Gory display of the Dead On Nairaland. by playapayaski: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2020
Ayotemide:

I am going to assume that you think threads like that should exist in the first place, which is the notion that must be defeated.

Of course it should and must continue.. Do you look at the positive side of the pictures? It'll definitely help in identifying the victim's family and friends.. Nairaland is a community, a very large community of Nigerians home and away.. Imagine someone was involved in a kidnap or murdered or even in an accident and there was/is absolutely no way of contacting the family or friends, how do they know what has happened? By his/her phone, most are password protected or might be damaged.. Or by name, trust me, there are more than 10 people in this same country most likely in your state bearing the same name and surname as you, so tell me how do you go about it in this case? Quite gory most times the images, but can't blur the incident or degree of injury and only show the face, not proper in my own opinion tho..
Just saying

(1) (Reply)

God Saved Me From Yesterday’s Helicopter Crash – Kemi Olunloyo / See How A Lautech Student Escape From His Friend Who Tried Using Him For Ritual / Late Gov Ajimobi’s Daughter, Ajay Assaulted By Bouncers At Lagos Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.