Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist (40162 Views)

Fani-Kayode Insults Dino Melaye For Harassing Peter Obi / Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2020
If FFK was from the north, northern journalist would have opted out of the journalist boycotts and affiliate it to religion.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by mu2sa2: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2020
Yorubas are known to respect elders except the wayward among them. If ffk is a true descendant of oduduwa he should discard ego and beg the undisputed yoruba leader to tender a more acceptable apology to the journalist, a disciplined guy who kept his cool all the time ffk was ranting those probably drug-induced vituperation. Jagaban accept the offer to come his rescue, e jo sir.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by ofiko123(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2020
madridguy:
There's nothing mischievous about the simple question Mr FFK grin grin grin

Tell us who is bankrolling your tour.

Abi let him tell us who is bankrolling his Tour grin grin
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Obey82: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2020
FFK should please organise another press conference and apologize to the reporter infront of the camera. How can you embarrassed someone publicly and apologize secretly.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by patoballistic: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2020
Never let your inner reaction to be the words you speak out. Food for thought!!
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by nairamaniac: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:

"You haven't told us who is bankrolling your tour"

If I were a professor, and that conference was an exam and I was to mark all the journalists in that room on that day, the journalist that asked that question is the only student that will get an A in my exam. Because he asked the most intelligent question. Investigative journalism is about finding deep truths that are hidden from public view and reporting it; and you find the truth by asking PROBING QUESTIONS.
Reporter: you didn't tell us who is bank rolling your tour?
A man with sense: the person bankrolling me is the one you just asked a question. I'm bankrolling myself. Or do you want to bankroll me. I will be happy if you did....*everyone laughs, cases closed* OR say that: Mr reporter, I'm bankrolling myself. Me too I have a question, for you, who is bankrolling this question you're asking me? *every one giggles, cased closed*
A man without sense how dare you, do you know who I am, I'm a Superman, I'm an Emperor, am a god, you are stupid, very stupid..........and rants bitterly like a loose cannon...... Mtchwwwwwww

nice one.

but perhaps its so easy for you to make a very calm imaginary back and forth conversation out of this cos it didnt happen between you and the journalist in Real time.

or else telle you are always 100% this cordial&gentle no matter the sub-accusation thrown at you.

if you can't tell me you are always this gentle 100% of the time at all times, den no need saying further.

yes, I agree with u,
Femi "overreacted".

But you shouldn't blame a man for "reacting at all to such statements".

"But you are yet to tell us who is bankrolling your trips/tour"?

Add that to Suspecting-tone of voice with arrogance from a journalist and you tell me it all still comes out as an " innocent-professional-question".
I'm painting a picture to you that may have played out.
Then tell me it didnt warrant any reaction at all

mind you, this is Nigeria and not Developed countries like USA or Britain.

This is a country whereby journalist are being played by politicians to hunt their enemies even during simple Q&A sessions.

or u want to tell me u don't know this?

Or u havent witness journalist hustling politicians for cash after such sessions?

With all these bad practices by Nigeria journalists, why would u blame him for suspecting the one who goes overboard?

I still keep on saying "if the journalists were innocent, they should have also released the Statement/Question from them, before femi's response".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hn0_1p_2w

Meanwhile that is the link to the video.

Listen to it and hear the other journalist telling the one being accused "you see you life, I have told you this before".

FFK had left the scene, so u don't say that journalist was trying to buy favours.

mind you its against Standard practice of journalism to accuse, rather than ask.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Jazzafizzy(f): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Scammmm

New account. Run from. This scammer

Really run my brother, na accomplice he be ,run for your life
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by akdjr(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Just tell the supplier to slow down with the mixture
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by EMMY76: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2020
I love this man it's only someone who is reasonable can let go of his pride to humble himself to do this.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by ipswitch: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2020
Haaaaaa! Bomboklad man! Oya, take three bottles of ' eru' jeje to repair that short fuse.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by toprealman: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2020
So why have you not apologized to the young man. You are a lucky man.....one day, you will meet your match.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by HimName: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2020
Ndi IPOB leader speaking.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by inumidun2010(m): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2020
The gods have forgiven you... Go and Abuse no more
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by BUCHI0573: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2020
FFK, don't use apology to shy away from the question. Who is bankrolling your southern your?
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by RoyalUc(m): 10:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:

"You haven't told us who is bankrolling your tour"

If I were a professor, and that conference was an exam and I was to mark all the journalists in that room on that day, the journalist that asked that question is the only student that will get an A in my exam. Because he asked the most intelligent question. Investigative journalism is about finding deep truths that are hidden from public view and reporting it; and you find the truth by asking PROBING QUESTIONS.
Reporter: you didn't tell us who is bank rolling your tour?
A man with sense: the person bankrolling me is the one you just asked a question. I'm bankrolling myself. Or do you want to bankroll me. I will be happy if you did....*everyone laughs, cases closed* OR say that: Mr reporter, I'm bankrolling myself. Me too I have a question, for you, who is bankrolling this question you're asking me? *every one giggles, cased closed*
A man without sense how dare you, do you know who I am, I'm a Superman, I'm an Emperor, am a god, you are stupid, very stupid..........and rants bitterly like a loose cannon...... Mtchwwwwwww

I've read a lot of comments both on NL and FB on this matter, here's my favourite comment!
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by ebonycc: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2020
Lol. U need self control.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by redsun(m): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2020
That was a typical Nigerian bravado that Fela called shakara. #You no no me? Who you be self? #Wait make I commot my glasses, na shakara oloje.

Most Nigerian big men and women are like that, aggressive, rude, unsympathetic and violent.
He needs some tutoring on anger management from the mummy calm down ambassador
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by 2cribz: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2020
Either coke or high on redlabel, his wife go dey cry dey suffer. He just exposed the real person that he truly is. A beast, A monster.it was like a movie script . How,who,where,when,what,bankroll o. Na simple question.u for just talk make everybody laff. Stupid bully
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by cardoso514: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2020
The menopause version in men
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Openbusiness: 10:19am On Aug 29, 2020
nairamaniac:

nice one.

but perhaps its so easy for you to make a very calm imaginary back and forth conversation out of this cos it didnt happen between you and the journalist in Real time.

or else telle you are always 100% this cordial&gentle no matter the sub-accusation thrown at you.

if you can't tell me you are always this gentle 100% of the time at all times, den no need saying further.

yes, I agree with u,
Femi "overreacted".

But you shouldn't blame a man for "reacting at all to such statements".

"But you are yet to tell us who is bankrolling your trips/tour"?

Add that to Suspecting-tone of voice with arrogance from a journalist and you tell me it all still comes out as an " innocent-professional-question".
I'm painting a picture to you that may have played out.
Then tell me it didnt warrant any reaction at all

mind you, this is Nigeria and not Developed countries like USA or Britain.

This is a country whereby journalist are being played by politicians to hunt their enemies even during simple Q&A sessions.

or u want to tell me u don't know this?

Or u havent witness journalist hustling politicians for cash after such sessions?

With all these bad practices by Nigeria journalists, why would u blame him for suspecting the one who goes overboard?

I still keep on saying "if the journalists were innocent, they should have also released the Statement/Question from them, before femi's response".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hn0_1p_2w

Meanwhile that is the link to the video.

Listen to it and hear the other journalist telling the one being accused "you see you life, I have told you this before".

FFK had left the scene, so u don't say that journalist was trying to buy favours.

mind you its against Standard practice of journalism to accuse, rather than ask.
There's no single accusation in that comment "who is bankrolling you". Where's the accusation in that? There is nothing mischievous about it. Initially according to media reports, FFK said the guy didn't ask a question, it was not a question....yen yen yen. Now, in this media report of apology, FFK is saying the reporter asked a mischievous question. There was nothing mischievous in that question. Imagine someone driving a Ferrari, police stops you for checking, looks inside your car and says, You have full tank in your car, who bought the fuel? How would you answer? A simple, "I bought the fuel" or "do u know who I am, I bought this Ferrari brand new from America, how dare u ask me that, u must be stupid, very stupid, I'm Indaboski, I'm Hercules.... mtchwwwwwww! Do you know ordinary probing questions like, "Oga what's inside your boot" have led to police saving victims or catching ruthless criminals that looked harmless and innocent behind the steering wheel? Do you know how police use to decode criminals from normal citizens, they will ask a simple probing question. 98% of the time, a clean hand will answer normally and they giggle and cased closed; but a criminal will suddenly get over-defensive and start overreacting, causing drama, being confrontational.... then the police will say, Ok, this one might definitely be a suspect, and proper interrogation begins...... There's nothing that can justify what he did. He was wrong. Good thing he claims he realizes his wrong but when you claim you realize your error and you want to make apology for it, you don't say things like the question was mischievous, you simply apologize. Saying the question is mischievous means you are still trying to indirectly justify your reaction.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by ejimatic: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2020
fergie001:

Source

. FFK needs mental evaluation. It seems he seeking relevance in the Nigerian politics when there is none for him.He is like a person gropping in the darkness of uncertainty.Any body regardless of your position can be bankrolled. The question is simple .Yes or No..Additionally journalists should be selective in their press conference attendance. I wonder what they wanted to get from him.FFK who is irrelevant at IleIfe and Osun State where he comes ftom .was addressing a press conference.He criticised OBJ for years but when he used him as a minister he kept mute Such a thing is impossible now We still collect our money he stole with his PDP cohorts when he was a minister.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Roozzaay(m): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Ogbeni you will still do it again in as much you don't do away with hard drugs you this junkie. Meanwhile, Femi we ask again, who is bankrolling your tour?
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by kareemkamil(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2020
Not disappointed, but you rude & being proud, that's what make u a stupid man in the world
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Annie001: 10:52am On Aug 29, 2020
He tried
Many of you are justfying what you can't take
If it's me I would find the statement offensive.
It's just like me buying a phone and someone I barely know asking me how I got the money.we are all human abeg
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Basher8583: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2020
ellizy:

It takes a sincere heart to render a public apology... stop bringing hatred into this. if you have personal beef for him go and iron it out where it affects you...
FFK for rendering a public apology on this issue, you are yourself..

There is absolutely nothing sincere in this apology even if its publicly done or not.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by madridguy(m): 11:16am On Aug 29, 2020
Did you got to your bank and you're unable to withdraw your money?

Masterkernel1:

Ummmm... How did Tinubu obtain 2 bullion vans of cash on the eve of election?
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Burgerlomo: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2020
Sheriman:
FFK will soon lash out again

Don't mind him cool

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by lovelessf: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2020
I think him has realized his mistake let forgive him.meanwhile I will design professional logo for u.WhatsApp number 08075652120
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Dchampion65: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2020
fergie001:

Source

Pride goes before destruction

The question is who is bank rolling your tour? What do you want to achieve in embarking on such trips.

We want to know
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by lopezoraclenet(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2020
Ipob spokesman in the west...imagine ur life!
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by God2man2again(m): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2020
That's great.
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Wisejohnson47(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘How Can Bashir Ahmad Earn More Than Prof. Femi Osofisan?’: Fierce Reactions / Sunday Dare: "4-year-old Boy In ISIS Video Is My Grandson" / Concerned Militant Leaders Strike In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.