Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? (33845 Views)

Pls Help! My Girlfriend's Family Are Showing Me Olosho Vibes / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by megareal: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Do you even need an answer to this?
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by WoundedLamb: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
crackhaus:

Of course he should, but it doesn't have to be at the detriment of his current relationship.
There are ways...

It wouldn't be if he didn't mention it. It should be as if he's only helping a friend.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:
Good evening people please I need your advice regards to this, I got separated from my ex girlfriend last year because she told me her travel plans abroad I was a bit sceptic About the nature of job she’ll do there, she’s the type that’s ready and willing to do anything to help her family.

After everything I told her not to embark on the journey that she should be patient with me, once my business picked up I’ll care for her and her family, she refused and traveled last year, few months before she left she gave me some money to add to my business I wouldn’t want to state the actual amount but a bit huge. Of recent her family really suffering because my ex had issue with the person that took her abroad so she’s passing through difficult time though she’s hiding some info from me since she’s not able to make money, she called me of recent that I should please do anything to help her family.

Now I’ve got a new girlfriend I told my new girlfriend about the issue but she said I shouldn’t give my ex family any money, because we ain’t together anymore that if I do she’ll leave me

Please people help me what should I do? My mind is really disturbing me and I still love my ex I wish I’ve a way to bring her back to Nigeria so we can start a family I don’t care the type of job she went there to do and I don’t mind what she has been through. She did so much for me, she made sacrifice that this my new girl won’t do, I don’t even know if my new girlfriend loves me or because of my money.

Though I love my new girlfriend but part of me is with my ex I don’t know if she’ll will be willing to return though I’ve not discussed it with her. And now my new girlfriend threatening to leave me if I assist or give back the money my ex gave me as support for my business before she travelled to her family I’ve been down for days thinking so much.
Blehhhh.... Next undecided
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by lordlugards: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:
Good evening people please I need your advice regards to this, I got separated from my ex girlfriend last year because she told me her travel plans abroad I was a bit sceptic About the nature of job she’ll do there, she’s the type that’s ready and willing to do anything to help her family.

After everything I told her not to embark on the journey that she should be patient with me, once my business picked up I’ll care for her and her family, she refused and traveled last year, few months before she left she gave me some money to add to my business I wouldn’t want to state the actual amount but a bit huge. Of recent her family really suffering because my ex had issue with the person that took her abroad so she’s passing through difficult time though she’s hiding some info from me since she’s not able to make money, she called me of recent that I should please do anything to help her family.

Now I’ve got a new girlfriend I told my new girlfriend about the issue but she said I shouldn’t give my ex family any money, because we ain’t together anymore that if I do she’ll leave me

Please people help me what should I do? My mind is really disturbing me and I still love my ex I wish I’ve a way to bring her back to Nigeria so we can start a family I don’t care the type of job she went there to do and I don’t mind what she has been through. She did so much for me, she made sacrifice that this my new girl won’t do, I don’t even know if my new girlfriend loves me or because of my money.

Though I love my new girlfriend but part of me is with my ex I don’t know if she’ll will be willing to return though I’ve not discussed it with her. And now my new girlfriend threatening to leave me if I assist or give back the money my ex gave me as support for my business before she travelled to her family I’ve been down for days thinking so much.
let me comment before reading other people's opinions.

1st she's not your ex, you people did not break up according to your story.

Secondly someone gave you a huge amount of money to support your business and now needs you to help out and you are consulting your new girl who has never contribute anything to your life. For even asking her for opinion you are a wicked person. Me and you know that no lady will never support that.

Thirdly have u put it into consideration that you are indepted to your ex? If you don't know it now.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:

N̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶i̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶

You see where you want to hurt yourself? If you follow that your useless new girlfriend advice and refuse to offer any little help to that your former girlfriend family, na God go punish you for that
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Haywhymido(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
SIMPISM is a disease whose cure is a dose of REDPILL 3 times a day 24/7.

Emancipate yourself from simpish.
some Simps need someone to be administering the medicine to them by force
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by ojuolu(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:
please no need for insult. Should I assist my ex’s family and lose my new girlfriend? What of if my ex don’t want to come back to the country I’ll lose two of em. Please give me a reasonable advice not insults
Please do the right thing. If you do it and your new girlfriend choose to leave or pick offence, it shows you real don't have a good woman beside you.
Let me ask, how will you feel if the table is turn between you and your ex?
Please be careful of the people you journey with in life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by enirock(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Somehow you love your ex, and you love the current one I think you should know what love really is. As regards helping your ex's family, I would advise you help if you are well placed to help and not because you think it will sway her to come back and love u.

1 Like

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by akosh005: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kemimarch16:
You better give that lady her money if u don't want thunder to fire u there.why is that it usually difficult for some men to return any money give to them dere ex
Seconded.... Next case

1 Like

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by sofiscatedmoron: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kemimarch16:
You better give that lady her money if u don't want thunder to fire u there.why is that it usually difficult for some men to return any money give to them dere ex
Pained mofo, when was the last time you offered financial help to your boyfriend
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by lafiagi007: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
HarunaWest:
so cos you wanted to help your ex family, you had to open your big mouth to tell your girlfriend..who made men this stupid for god sake.... Something you should even give her family without think about it, your announcing on NL.... I pity your type dude, your unloyalty won't make you go far.
disloyalty is the right word, don't be offended.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by DWJOBScom(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Please help out o as its not easy.

Everyone thinks staying in US/Europe/Middle east is so easy that all you have to do is stay there and pick up money from the street.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Kpandex(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
You should better help that lady. That once happened to me and do you know that my wife is aware of my ex and she knew that nothing is happening between both of us and she do help me well when need arises.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Haywhymido(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
HarunaWest:
so cos you wanted to help your ex family, you had to open your big mouth to tell your girlfriend..who made men this stupid for god sake.... Something you should even give her family without think about it, your announcing on NL.... I pity your type dude, your unloyalty won't make you go far.
who made him this stupid not men. Abi does his action stands for every man in the world action?
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by benedima1990(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
I will try to b honest and b friendly with my reply

Are u really a man. If yes..... Not every thing you'll tell your woman because their nature is to control their man.

Use ur discretion most times. They'll come to respect u for DAT. But if u allow her control u, u becomes her puppet.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by lordlugards: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kingscee:

N̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶i̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶

You see where you want to hurt yourself? If you follow that your useless new girlfriend advice and refuse to offer any little help to that your former girlfriend family, na God go punish you for that
Not only God, Satan too have to join God in punishing him. What an ingrate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Exodora: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Why do I think op does not have common sense at all.
How is she your ex you did not tell us. So just because she travelled without your advice she is now your ex.
If she had made it there and come back big and then apologize to you wouldn't you accept her into your life back even though you claimed you don't know her job description over there.
To tell you the fact op you are very self-centered . Imagine someone that helped you when you were in grate need now you are having a bias mind to help her back.
If I may ask what are friends for ?
Let's assume I was your friend though not an intimate one and I needed your help even if you never needed mine but I desperately needs yours , wouldn't you have helped me.
Help help help if not for nothing at least for humanity sake aaaaaaaahhhhh.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by prettyboi1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kemimarch16:

Here we go again. Don't be dumb. She dashed him the money at the time. If he gives her some money now, it's not related to that money she gave him earlier. You're here yarning dust without simple comprehension of a message.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Yes, if you can.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Acrofab: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:
please no need for insult. Should I assist my ex’s family and lose my new girlfriend? What if my ex don’t want to come back to the country I’ll lose two of em. Please give me a reasonable advice not insults
bros go and help that family it doesn't matter if you lose your current girlfriend or not. you are an ingrate I must say. must you tell your gf before helping?
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by XOGBADO(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:
please no need for insult. Should I assist my ex’s family and lose my new girlfriend? What if my ex don’t want to come back to the country I’ll lose two of em. Please give me a reasonable advice not insults

You think your current girlfriend is marking territories? She's just being selfish. Guy read in between the lines. Your ex made so much selfless sacrifices for you and all you could come up with is this?
C'mom bro! Help her family out. The future still holds a lot.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
bros she invested in the business, either you return her money with interest or you return the money she gave you to her family. even if your new gf is already your wife, will you be happy holding unto somebody money given out of kindness and genuiness to support your huzzle. the excuse your new gf is given is pure wickedness God is watching so dont repay good with evil, live is a seed.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by ezenedu: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
Put yourself in your ex shoes.
You don't need to ask such question. Go and assist her family. Someone assisted you when you are in need and you are here asking if you should help the person's family.
Who be that your current babe telling you not to help. Na witch she be.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by bigl: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:

Let your current ex-to-be know that your travelling-traveller-ex did support your ministry with a huge sum and that had helped your church to move to a permanent site, hence, you should reciprocate without any strings attached!

If she wan go, make she go!
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
I might decide not to help the ex family because of one reason or another but as sure as the sun rise in the East, I am going to break up with that yeye current girlfriend.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by prettyboi1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
@OP, if you have the money to help your ex, then by all means, help her. Forget about the fact you guys are currently not together. If you have the money and you feel she's worth your help, do it for her without any expectations. Help her even if she does not want you back.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by teemy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:

For your current GF, make it a case of you are returning back the favor done you. If that does not sound nice enough, then you should have the answer about how well to trust her manner of reasoning.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Dayg88(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oga

This is not as difficult as you make it seems.

I don't need to tell you what to do about helping your ex's family. I wanna talk to you about your current GF.

See ehn, you need to take a stronghold of things. You don't ask for her permission in that kinda situation. She was not there when a favour was rendered to you and she should have lil or no say in what you intend to do. I read a comment where you said you don't wanna help your ex cos you don't know if she is coming back and you don't wanna lose your current GF, you also said you don't think she loves you.
Thing is this, you know what is best for you, but you need people to tell you what to do. Please, let your current GF know that you wanna help your ex so she can go. Period

1 Like

Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by fynex(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Truthlord12:

Your gf is very selfish
Whether you still love your ex or not, please help her family if you can, and do it as soon as possible.

If your gf wants to leave please let her!
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by madgoat(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
GboyegaD:
What I don't understand is why you needed the new lady's permission.

Because the OP Mr Truthlord12 is probably a fraudster. All the traits and signs are there. Very ungrateful human and also someone with very low sense of reasoning. Never in my life would i pray to meet someone like the OP that has such a deep dark ungrateful heart that would be confused whether to help someone who has helped him in the past.
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by ipobarethieves: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
sad Truthlord12.Let me tell u d BITTER TRUTH.U dnt have a GF yet and pls ,dnt marry this witch if I don't want to REGRET/UNFORTUNATE in life.What u have now is a JEZEBEL not a GF..Her type won't allow u to take care of Ur pay/siblings.Let her Go b4 she turn Ur destiny upside down
Re: Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? by Tadeus(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
Reason ladies don't want to help men. You here asking rhetorical questions. You not even meant to discuss it with your new gf coz later she will still use it against you. Go ahead and help her family, if your gf want to go, so be it. She is with you coz of your money.

Be a man and do d needful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Pics / Nigerian Lady Shares Screenshot Of The DM She's Getting From A Married Man / My Bridal Shower #rnb2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.