Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega (748 Views)

I'm A Beautiful Woman And I Want To Start A Family— Francisca Ordega / Francisca Ordega: I Made Benue Proud For 10 Years But Not Honoured Like Kiddwaya / Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega by terzurum5(m): 7:07am On Aug 29, 2020
My MUM THREATENED TO DISOWN ME BECAUSE I CHOOSE FOOTBALL - Francisca Ordega

By: Haanya Aondoakura Csm
28/08/2020

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12227051_eglqqxuxgaetdzv_jpega30ad5ada8716b6431c95b306825f300

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12227052_eglqqxpx0aacmbe_jpegb9315d17cee87471339b71ef6c3898c7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12227053_eglqqxrwaaaqef6_jpegae79e264d4d4cfff7db4e04ead04e173

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12227054_eglqqxmxoaelrbt_jpeg79b3bbdf5968bc5fff9fd12c7e403717

Francisca Mlumun Ordega popularly known as Franny is a Nigerian Professional Footballer who currently plays for Shanghai Shenhua in the Chinese Women's Super League.

In an exclusive interview today with Benue TV, Francisca disclose that "in my early stage of becoming a footballer, at a point, my Mum threatened to disown me because I choose Football". Who According to her Mum is a Boys game and girls should not partake in it but today she thank God for the honor her daughter has brought to her family, Tiv Nation, Benue State, Nigeria and Africa at Large.

Interestingly, Francisca's Dad Mr. Ordega was supportive of her daughter's passion and was adequately informed and aware of her daughter's Football movement which makes it more easier for her.

The Super Star appreciated the vital role and effort of Mr. Mike Ichugh her Coach at Invisible
Angels FC Gboko where she started football.
Recalling her football career, Franny went further to acknowledge the effort of a Lady named Mercy who as of them was a professional footballer, saying it was Mercy who invited her to Ebonyi State immediately after her Senior Secondary School Examination for trials which she signed for her first Professional Club after an impressive performance at the trials.

Francisca Ordega during the course of the interview encourage Football enthusiast especially Females never to relent, believe in themselves and strive hard to surpassed her level and record.

Stating that she will be Sad to be the only Girl to achieved this heights and success in Female football in this part of the Country (Benue).

In putting the record straight, Francisca Mlumun Ordega started playing football at a very tender age in Gboko (Government Secondary school Gboko), she later joined Invicible Angels Gboko, she signed her first Professional Contract with Ebonyi Queens, later move to Adamawa Angels, Bayelsa Queens and Rivers Angel. After which she left the shores of this country Nigeria to Rassiyanka in 2013 later move to Piteå IF, also move to Washington Spirit, plays for Sydney FC (Loan), later move to Atletical Madrid (still on Loan) and currently playing at Shanghai Shengli, China as a forward.

So far so good, Ordega represented the Nigeria Women's National Football Team in all levels. With the under 17, she played the 2010 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup and with the under 20 at 2012 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup. At senior level she played in the FIFA Women's World Cup tournaments of 2011 and 2015. At the latter she opened her World Cup account by scoring Nigeria's equalizing goal against Sweden on 8 June 2015 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She was also part of Nigeria's squads at the African Women's Championship of 2010 and 2014, winning both tournaments.

Source: Benue TV News

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Passion over anything. 100%

1 Like

Re: My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega by justiz5(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2020
Nigerian Parents na them Sabi do "Village people" things pass.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega by Zacksnow(m): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2020
we also have the likes of alice ogebe popularly known as OYA she is also in national team she is from otukpo benue very fast and strong on the ball........Benue state is a home of football just like brazil but our leaders are kelling our dreams that's why today we have some many cultist in the state with no work
Re: My Mum Threatened To Disown Me Because I Choose Football - Francisca Ordega by JaneYave(f): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2020
Those days mothers could kill their childrens' dream because of what people will think,but the truth is that they actually care less until you become a star.Thank God,mothers know better nowadays.

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Olayinka Weds Nollywood Actress While Nigeria Battle Benin Rep. / Guardiola: "I Will Sleep Better When I Dont Have To Stop Neymar" (photos) / 3+ Odds Galore On Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.