Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Benefits Of Drinking Stout - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Benefits Of Drinking Stout (17489 Views)

Does Hot Guinness Stout Remove Pregnancy Of Two Weeks / Health Benefits Of Guinness Stout And Milk / I Will Exchange My Girlfriend For A Bottle Of Small Stout !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2020
A whole meal in a glass...

I should have posted this on health or food section but posting it here would reach out more.

I was checking on causes of colon cancer following the death of actor Chadwick Boseman (the Black Panther guy ) and one thing led to another i stumbled upon stout.. I'm not advertising or promoting, and I'm a strong 33" lager guy but read below and enjoy grin

While drinking too much can have detrimental effects on your health, we thought we’d take a look at the benefits of stout when this drink is enjoyed responsibly.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————–

STOUT CONTAINS ANTIOXIDANTS!

Yes, that’s right! And although they’re in all beers, stout contains nearly twice the amount of antioxidants found in light-coloured lagers. Stout is packed with flavonoids, the antioxidants that give fruit and vegetables their dark colour.

Antioxidants are molecules that neutralise free radicals – unstable molecules that can harm your cells. We usually find them in foods such as raspberries, kale and artichokes – amidst many other fruits, vegetables and nuts. The health benefits associated with a diet packed with plants are at least partially due to the variety of antioxidants they provide your body!

Getting enough antioxidants in your system is great for your heart. Slowing down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls, this can help reduce blood clots and the risk of heart attacks.

——————————————————————————

STRONG BONES

Taking Guinness as an example, one pint is one per cent calcium, which can boost bone health. A study in 2009 found drinking beer in moderation can help improve bone mineral density, which is a large risk factor in osteoporosis. On top of building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract and our hearts to keep beating!

VITAMINS AND IRON

According to an article from the Institute of Brewing, a pint of Guinness is full of nutrients, including all the B vitamins, except B12. Vitamins play a vital role in helping our bodies convert food into fuel. Three pints of stout will give you roughly the equivalent of a single yolk egg and contain 3% of an adult’s recommended daily dose of iron, which can help boost your energy levels if you’re feeling a bit sluggish.

THE LIGHTER OPTION

Although we don’t initially think of beer as a lighter option, stout is around 50 calories less than other beers – even with the average 8% abv!

BLACK VELVET – A WEIRDLY DELICIOUS AND ROYAL COCKTAIL

Taking a whopping 119.53 seconds (on average) to pour perfectly, it will definitely be worth the wait! If you’re a little more impatient you may want to try stout with sparkling wine. Yes, we’re serious. Commonly known as a “Black Velvet”, the drink was first concocted by the bartender of Brooks’s Club in London in 1861, to mourn the death of Prince Albert. Achieved with a champagne flute of sparkling wine, topped with flat stout to give it the dark, eerie look.

BE RESPONSIBLE

Although we’ve discussed the benefits of stout, we strongly advise being sensible and drinking in moderation. To keep health risks to a low level if you drink on a regular basis, men and women are advised to not routinely drink more than 14 units a week.

So there u have it.. Pop a can, open a bottle and drink stout responsibly because me right now done port grin

Source :
https://goodhealthcentre.co.uk/osteopathy-leeds-2/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20that's%20right!,found%20in%20light-coloured%20lagers.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by VillageBus(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2020
nice write-up op

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by nellyelitz(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2020
This one strong o, but i like Legend stout sha. drink responsibly!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Pearlqueen(f): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2020
Same thing plus more that bitter leaf juice will do.

6 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pearlqueen:
True this bitter leaf juice works wonders on an empty stomach. So many benefits
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Wierdceo: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

True this bitter leaf juice works wonders on an empty stomach. So many benefits
Bitter leaf juice. God forbid. Life is too short to be drinking that kind of bitter thing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wierdceo:

Bitter leaf juice. God forbid. Life is too short to be drinking that kind of bitter thing
Loool I know but trust me and do it like once every 2 weeks it helps to regulate alot of stuffs in the system.

One code sha drink a glass on empty stomach (at least 20min before food) if u get baby when dey come. Then just eat healthy the rest of the day (enough fruits n vegs) i swear that punna will be urs to command grin

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good
Now that you told us the benefit
Would you mind telling us the disadvantages so people here will know you want to kill them untimely angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Wierdceo: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

Loool I know but trust me and do it like once every 2 weeks it helps to regulate alot of stuffs in the system.

One code sha drink a glass on empty stomach (at least 20min before food) if u get baby when dey come. Then just eat healthy the rest of the day (enough fruits n vegs) i swear that punna will be urs to command grin
Hahahahhahahahahaha. Very funny. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wierdceo:

Honestly no jokes.. just a glass if u can bear the taste
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Good
Now that you told us the benefit
Would you mind telling us the disadvantages so people here will know you want to kill them untimely angry
What is wrong with u.. kill who untimely na? Its there for u to see if u actually read it like others. Drink responsibly. Better respect urself oo

Key word: Moderation
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Wierdceo: 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

Honestly no jokes.. just a glass if u can bear the taste
I actually did "yuck" when I saw "glass" and "taste". I can't abeg. I will look for another thing that will work for me.
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wierdceo:

I actually did "yuck" when I saw "glass" and "taste". I can't abeg. I will look for another thing that will work for me.
Hahaha
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
u mean d actor of d black panther movie is dead?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
And as for stout the only benefit it gives is pot belly grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
at least with the big stomach it gives u wen u wear ur agbada it will fit u and babes will run after u thinking u some rich politican grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

I should hav

Antioxidants are molecules that neutralise free radicals – unstable molecules that can harm your cells. We usually find them in foods such as raspberries, kale and artichokes – amidst many other fruits, vegetables and nuts. The health benefits associated with a diet packed with plants are at least partially due to the variety of antioxidants they provide your body!

Getting enough antioxidants in your system is great for your heart. Slowing down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls, this can help reduce blood clots and the risk of heart attacks.

STRONG BONES

Taking Guinness as an example, one pint is one per cent calcium, which can boost bone health. A study in 2009 found drinking beer in moderation can help improve bone mineral density, which is a large risk factor in osteoporosis. On top of building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract and our hearts to keep beating!

VITAMINS AND IRON

[b]BE RESPONSIBLE

Although we’ve discussed the benefits of stout, we strongly advise being sensible and drinking in moderation. To keep health risks to a low level if you drink on a regular basis, men and women are advised to not routinely drink more than 14 units a week.

So there u have it.. Pop a can, open a bottle and drink stout responsibly because me right now done port grin

Source :
https://goodhealthcentre.co.uk/osteopathy-leeds-2/#:~:text=Yes%2C%20that's%20right!,found%20in%20light-coloured%20lagers.
So what of those who consume one crate of stout in a day how can u convert that to units grin? I prefer red wine over stout any day cos at least that one even get benefit though its still not advisable to abuse red wine cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by DaInferno(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
lefulefu:
u mean d actor of d black panther movie is dead?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
And as for stout the only benefit it gives is pot belly grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
at least with the big stomach it gives u wen u wear ur agbada it will fit u and babes will run after u thinking u some rich politican grin
stout none give big belle
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
DaInferno:
stout none give big belle
so all those guys with pregnant bellies and our sugar daddies dat have advanced stage of pregnancy wetin cause their own then? cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by DaInferno(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
lefulefu:
so all those guys with pregnant bellies and our sugar daddies dat have advanced stage of pregnancy wetin cause their own then? cheesy
those ones are drunkards, if you check well, they drink beer and not stout.

3 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
DaInferno:
those ones are drunkards, if you check well, they drink beer and not stout.
no many are in control of themselves.but true sha star larger beer can certainly make someone"s stomach get large very quickly.Based on say na bigger bottle and hence larger portion and bear in mind some guys can consume eight to fifteen bottles of larger beer at a sitting and they indulge in such everyday.

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by dannex4adx(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pearlqueen:

Please loud it for him!
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Depressed101: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

I should have posted this on health or food section but posting it here would reach out more.

I was checking on causes of colon cancer following the death of actor Chadwick Boseman (the Black Panther guy ) and one thing led to another i stumbled upon stout.. I'm not advertising or promoting, and I'm a strong 33" lager guy but read below and enjoy grin

While drinking too much can have detrimental effects on your health, we thought we’d take a look at the benefits of stout when this drink is enjoyed responsibly.

STOUT CONTAINS ANTIOXIDANTS!

Yes, that’s right! And although they’re in all beers, stout contains nearly twice the amount of antioxidants found in light-coloured lagers. Stout is packed with flavonoids, the antioxidants that give fruit and vegetables their dark colour.

STRONG BONES

VITAMINS AND IRON

According to an article from the Institute of Brewing, a pint of Guinness is full of nutrients, including all the B vitamins, except B12. Vitamins play a vital role in helping our bodies convert food into fuel. Three pints of stout will give you roughly the equivalent of a single yolk egg and contain 3% of an adult’s recommended daily dose of iron, which can help boost your energy levels if you’re feeling a bit sluggish.

THE LIGHTER OPTION

Although we don’t initially think of beer as a lighter option, stout is around 50 calories less than other beers – even with the average 8% abv!

BLACK VELVET – A WEIRDLY DELICIOUS AND ROYAL COCKTAIL

Taking a whopping 119.53 seconds (on average) to pour perfectly, it will definitely be worth the wait! If you’re a little more impatient you may want to try stout with sparkling wine. Yes, we’re serious. Commonly known as a “Black Velvet”, the drink was first concocted by the bartender of Brooks’s Club in London in 1861, to mourn the death of Prince Albert. Achieved with a champagne flute of sparkling wine, topped with flat stout to give it the dark, eerie look.

BE RESPONSIBLE

Source :
could it be the reason why Nengi can't do without stout? When others are taking origin, she's taking stout every gaddamn time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
lefulefu:
So what of those who consume one crate of stout in a day how can u convert that to units grin? I prefer red wine over stout any day cos at least that one even get benefit though its still not advisable to abuse red wine cheesy

Very funny at the bold; A lot of people abuse red/ white wines the same way they abuse beer and u get the same results since they're both alcoholic. Except u mean those none alcoholic fruit wines juices which will kill u even faster when consumed in excess. Just say u prefer sugar or something sweeter i can understand.. Beer is made from grains while wine is from fermented grapes. No wine (red or white) has more nutritional value than beer. Their calories are slightly different though.

Do ur research and leave the old popular assumptions n enjoy a cold glass of Guinness cheesy

You can start ur research here in case ur lazy to

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5688130/wine-beer-health/%3famp=true

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Depressed101:
could it be the reason why Nengi can't do without stout? When others are taking origin, she's taking stout every gaddamn time
Origin is the worst kind of beer to consume if u plan on living healthy. She wise cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
lefulefu:
u mean d actor of d black panther movie is dead ?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yeah the guy fall finally from colon cancer

You also add excess weight when u consume wines in excess regularly. Only that many Nigerians can't afford to because most very good red wines are 7-8 times more costlier than ur average beer. Even those cheap cheap red wines that tastes like engine oil that people pose with all in the name of drinking wine abi na the white when be like medicine grin grin
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by HomerTimpson: 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wierdceo:

you are skating with diabetes undecided
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by GreaterFuture1(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
You talk talk talk now, Guiness begin hungry me to drink, I no get money, Who will buy small Stout for me now eh?
(-_-)
< )) >
_/ \_

2 Likes

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Athemisia: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
My Corn Tree pipo.. add weed to it as well...

1 Like

Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

Yeah the guy fall finally from colon cancer

You also add excess weight when u consume wines in excess regularly. Only that many Nigerians can't afford to because most very good red wines are 7-8 times more costlier than ur average beer. Even those cheap cheap red wines that tastes like engine oil that people pose with all in the name of drinking wine abi na the white when be like medicine grin grin
bro so u no sabi say most of the so called red wines in naija are fake grin
how many of them dey original grin
anyway if i have to drink anything i just drink water..epecially during the hot weather when u sweat more i make water my best friend cheesy
dis one u preaching to ppl to take beer in moderation how many guys u think will listen to u on dat one cheesy
we drink too much in naija cheesy
one person will take 8 bottles of star beer and he will tell u say na step down im dey step down first cheesy
before im comot for the beer palour he will consume another seven and declear for friends
some guys after work everyday dem go take at least 4 bottles of beer cheesy
and the effects of such beavior are already showing effects
many guys are 1 seconds men

dem dey find difficult to get erect when with woman and many of such men afflicted never even reach 30 shocked
many will argue na stress cause am not knowing na the excess sugar for their body cause am due to too much beer
sure nothing bad in drinking but na d excess wey we do na im bad
if as man u already dey vomit and stagger wen u drink know for sure u already drinking too much cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
lefulefu:
bro so u no sabi say most of the so called red wines in naija are fake grin
how many of them dey original grin
anyway if i have to drink anything i just drink water..epecially during the hot weather when u sweat more i make water my best friend cheesy
dis one u preaching to ppl to take beer in moderation how many guys u think will listen to u on dat one cheesy
we drink too much in naija cheesy
one person will take 8 bottles of star beer and he will tell u say na step down im dey step down first cheesy
before im comot for the beer palour he will consume another seven and declear for friends
some guys after work everyday dem go take at least 4 bottles of beer cheesy
and the effects of such beavior are already showing effects
many guys are 1 seconds men

dem dey find difficult to get erect when with woman and many of such men afflicted never even reach 30 shocked
many will argue na stress cause am not knowing na the excess sugar for their body cause am due to too much beer
sure nothing bad in drinking but na d excess wey we do na im bad
if as man u already dey vomit and stagger wen u drink know for sure u already drinking too much cheesy
Lol.. somebody when dey drink 8 bottles of beer daily u go know say that one never get sense. Na real step down grin 2 bottles take relax for evenings dey very okay.. Any man when dey drink and vomit / stagger na bastard and not fit to be called a man. Real men are responsible drinkers
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by PlaysNigeria: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
Best, If taken moderately cheesy
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

Lol.. somebody when dey drink 8 bottles of beer daily u go know say that one never get sense. Na real step down grin 2 bottles take relax for evenings dey very okay.. Any man when dey drink and vomit / stagger na bastard and not fit to be called a man. Real men are responsible drinkers
abi drink small and save some for another day cheesy
anyway those men wey dey drink and vomit all over the place maybe to impress ppl that they are real men or something cheesy
cos i no see the rationale in drinking and vomiting and falling inside gutter grin
gutter don become bedroom for many men addicted to green bottle grin grin grin
me now dis hot afternoon i go enter my fridge collect one bottle of cool coconut water drink am make dat one cool my body small grin
Re: The Benefits Of Drinking Stout by Dharniel600(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
dairykidd:

bro you mean one glass of bitter leave juice?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slay Queen Went Completely Nak-ed On Instagram to Flaunt Her Body - Adult Photos / Why Do Ladies Avoid Panties These Days (Photo) / Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.