Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (38195 Views)

South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Bus Conductors Association Of Nigeria Endorses Buhari For A 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by HigherEd: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
The musician, who is a resident of Sharifai in Kano metropolis, was accused of committing blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed in a song he circulated via WhatsApp in March 2020. Irate youths burnt down his family home and led a protest to the Sharia Police, Hisbah, demanding Sharif Aminu’s death.

The musician, who went into hiding, was arrested, hurriedly tried and convicted for breaching Section 382 (b) of Kano penal code of 2000 which is based on Islamic law.

Some human rights lawyers in Kano told this newspaper that many lawyers were refusing to take up Sharif-Aminu’s case because of the volatile nature of Kano State.

An activist said, “Most of the human right lawyers in Kano that I have asked to take up the case have refused to do so out of fear. Most of them are afraid that their chambers could be burnt down by youths or they could be attacked or killed for defending a blasphemer. Ironically, some of these lawyers support the death sentence handed down to the convict and are refusing to take action.

“And of course, when it comes to such sensitive religious matters, the police are usually complicit or they look the other way. The political leaders also keep mute or come out to support Sharia because they want to remain popular among their people.”

The Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria which is very active in Kano and other states practising Sharia, had recently endorsed the death sentence handed down to the musician, stating that the trial was fair and in line with the laws of the state.

However, global rights group, Amnesty International, had said in a statement that the musician, from all indication, was not given a fair hearing.

“This is a travesty of justice. There are serious concerns about the fairness of his trial; and the framing of the charges against him based on his WhatsApp messages. Furthermore, the imposition of the death penalty following an unfair trial violates the right to life. Yahaya Sharif-Aminu must be released immediately and unconditionally,” said Osai Ojigho, Amnesty International Nigeria country director.

SOURCE

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by grandiose4ever: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
This country na wao

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by SmartProf(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lord Lugard really dealt with us in 1914 by uniting us with religiously brainwashed mammals. Now look at the cancer we are having to deal with. Meanwhile, I see a whole lot of these rich Muslims & Arabs in Europe flexing & enjoying a liberal society, and I laugh at their hypocrisy. For legal professionals to think along religious lines in a secular society like Nigeria, which has national laws just tells you that based on ideology, they are not so different from Boko Haram extremists..it's just that these northern muslim lawyers don't live & practice law in Sambisa.

621 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good Good good

We are getting it right in Nigeria finally

Muslim lawyers association

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by grandiose4ever: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
How I wish we can expel the whole of North west out of this country. Life would instantly become better for everyone else!

Imagine a country with

SW SS SE NE NC - 50% great outcome.

SW SS SE NC - 70% great outcome.

SS SW + Kwara SE - 100% Great outcome.

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Goldencheese(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
For blasphemy, you kill a man and you say the God you serve is the most merciful and most beneficent? But someone is stuffing millions of dollars in his pocket but you do nothing about it but rather give him a second chance to continue his position as governor. What a travesty of justice and alarming hypocrisy at its height!

Religion is the bane of humanity indeed; Karl Marx calls it the opium of the people.

365 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
The core North is lost forever.

A combination of Islam and core North is too toxic to contain and it will always breed disaster.

The major reason is that they see Islam as a total way of life and they are too rigid to change and stuck with the Shariah law that already outlived its importance.

Some might say it’s lack of education but that’s wrong. The doctrine is too potent such that even intellectuals seems to be at the frontline of this brutality. That was why I said they are lost forever.

At least we Muslims in the south have learnt to differentiate Islam from culture which explained why all this rubbish cannot take hold here.

It’s really sad that the major leaders of the North continue to maintain culture of silence in this show of shame!

241 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by muykem: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ghost of Muhammad desperate need blood.

124 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
How I wish the Eyes and Understanding of People will be Open to see God Almighty Reaction to what His Creatures are trying to do..

All the same! My Admonishment to this Brother is to see this as a Privilege Death.

Confess all Sins, Surrender Completely to Jesus and just let them do their thing. I assure Him that if He does this, He will be Received into the Loving Arms of My Daddy in Heaven..

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by helinues: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
sad

Enough of shakara..

We are watching as things unfold
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by barojana: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
This is where you all get it wrong!
Religion is not the problem, but Islam... There are 4300 religions out there, majority of which has been modified and adapted to modern realities.

Out of the 7 major religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confusianism, Judaism - only Islam still behaves so primitive like it were still in the 1100AD.

Naturally, when religions are woven intricately into the fabric of politics, disaster would always happen. And this can be proven well by Christianity which was a highly peaceful and persecuted faith only to become a powerhouse, and then some people began to use it as a tool of oppression.

However, Christians by themselves undid the errors of polluting Christianity with politics by forcing a separation of state and the church, and Christianity went back to sanity and could once more became an outreach faith. This change was led by Christians and not outsiders!

The problem with Islam is that it has always been designed to be a state powered religion because it's proponents understand that reason and logic are the greatest threats to its existence.

Islam is the major threat this world faces at this moment. We in Africa understand it, the Asians understand it. I hope the West don't understand it too late.

232 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Goldencheese(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
See, I know what I am talking about. Christianity is faith; others are religions and please di not think that I am trying to elevate Christianity above the others but the evidence is clear. When man starts fighting for God, then it is religion and not faith because in faith, God reveals how He should be served and He also fights His own battles by Himself.
barojana:

This is where you all get it wrong!
Religion is not the problem, but Islam... There are 4300 religions out there, majority of which has been modified and adapted to modern realities.

Out of the 7 major religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confusianism, Judaism - only Islam still behaves so primitive like it were still in the 1100AD.

Naturally, when religions are woven intricately into the fabric of politics disaster would always happen. And this can be proven well by Christianity which was a highly peaceful and persecuted faith. Only to become a powerhouse and then some people began to use it as a tool of oppression.

However, Christians by themselves undid the errors of polluting Christianity with politics by forcing a separation of state and the church and Christianity went back to sanity and once more became an outreach faith. This change was led by Christians and not outsiders!

The problem with Islam is it has always been designed to be a state powered religion because it's proponents understand that reason and logic are the greatest threats to its existence

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by barojana: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goldencheese:
See, I know what I am talking about. Christianity is faith; others are religions and please di not think that I am trying to elevate Christianity above the others but the evidence is clear. When man starts fighting for God, then it is religion and not faith because in faith, God reveals how He should be served and He also fights His own battles by Himself.
Oh I intended to quote Smartprof who initially infered 'Religion' is the problem.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by barojana: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
muykem:
Ghost of Muhammad desperate need blood.
Just imagine what you just said now. Free Speech!!!

Now imagine some idiots in the core north, if they could identify you they would call for their govt to kill you because of a six worded sentence you typed.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Racoon(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Religion is truly the opium of the masses.Commiting crime in the name of a god.It's unthinkable we're cohabiting with these brutes.So divide this useless contraption of a nation.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by achierosion(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Arrewa, these are many reasons people are attacking the northerners with the old awkward mentality.

Where's the compassion and love in ur religion?
Who gives you the right to kill for God?

The day we separate from North will be a new paradise in the Eastern side.

RIP in advance bro.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by achierosion(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chosen1984:
How I wish the Eyes and Understanding of People will be Open to see God Almighty Reaction to what His Creatures are trying to do..

All the same! My Admonishment to this Brother is to see this as a Privilege Death.

Confess all Sins, Surrender Completely to Jesus and just let them do their thing. I assure Him that if He does this, He will be Received into the Loving Arms of My Daddy in Heaven..
I agree with you on this, all man shall die one day.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by grandiose4ever: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:
The core North is lost forever.

A combination of Islam and core North is too toxic to contain and it will always breed disaster.

The major reason is that they see Islam as a total way of life and they are too rigid to change and stuck with the Shariah law that already outlived its importance.

Some might say it’s lack of education but that’s wrong. The doctrine is too potent such that even intellectuals seems to be at the frontline of this brutality. That was why I said they are lost forever.

At least we Muslims in the south have learnt to differentiate Islam from culture which explained why all this rubbish cannot take hold here.

It’s really sad that the major leaders of the North continue to maintain culture of silence in this show of shame!

Chai. I pray they can just allow us the infidel go for another country na. Northern Nigeria is one country that cannot develop in 1000 years. Na we still they preserve this country from total rot.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Shellsploit: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Isla'mabad

17 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nawa oh shocked. I swear any Southerner that becomes president in 2023 and does not divide this country, Lord Luggard hell go b like candle light for where your own hell fire go dey. We are clearly not compatible. We can still be collecting visa and visiting each other's country abeg. Breaking up will favor everybody, because everybody can now live whatever lifestyle they want without forcing it on anyone else. People that believe in freedom of speech can stay on one side in their own country and practice it; and people that believe in killing people who say things about their religion that they don't like but like rehabilitating and reintegrating terrorists who kill and destroy can stay on one side in their own country too. Everybody can be happy.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by xynerise: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Tomorrow they will say Allah is the most merciful . Merciful must mean something else to Muslims.

Allow Allah to punish the man na

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by daddytime(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hypocritic infidel dogs.

Ganduje the babanriga bullion van and the rag tag murderous BH devils deserve awards and rehabilitation respectively.

Educated illiterate morons.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by MrTee28(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Just imagine. But they will never fight against the release of repentant terrorist.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by grandiose4ever: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
achierosion:
Arrewa, these are many reasons people are attacking the northerners with the old awkward mentality.

Where's the compassion and love in ur religion?
Who gives you the right to kill for God?

The day we separate from North will be a new paradise in the Eastern side.

RIP in advance bro.
Another problem.

You southerners don't know how to play politics at all! No matter how bad the Yorubas or North Central are to you, they can ever be a threat to your lives in the east. Form a strong coalition with them and exit this country. You can then begin to clamor for an Eastern country.
We call this strange bed fellows lying together to achieve a common aim. When the aim is accomplished everyone can go their separate ways.

Yall are fighting individual battles to your own detriment. Any eastern secession needs sizeable support from the south west and vice versa. You need at least 50% of them agitated enough to want to leave before you can run a successful secession.

Lest you would find yourself in a difficult position. The NC already knows it is a tool and I tell you they would be ready to jappa with any united front from the south.

You all run away clamoring succession when you should be talking about expelling the North west - A backward zone lacking the will to integrate with the rest.

38 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
This people should just go abeg, what kind of religion is this In this 21st century!, Damn islamaBAD

These people are crazy

29 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by funmike83(f): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Are those lawyers abi they are fanatics. Why are they always fighting for their God, if he insult God shebi he would bear the wrath alone

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by badmrkt(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
That's why they want their own NBA. Backward lots...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by topboss: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
THE NORTH IS A SEPARATE COUNTRY, LET THEM GO.

#
THEIR CAPITAL IS KANO.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
I promise the following:

-Never to vote for a Muslim Candidate in any election.

-Never to buy Halal meat from any muslim butcher. I will eat only meat slaughtered by a single strike to the head or neck.

-Never to employ practicing muslims in any job or business.

-Socially boycott them wherever possible.

Our democracy is under threat. Nigeria is NOT and must NOT be allowed to be a muslim country.

The man being killed just like Mubarak Bala is just born into a muslim family but they are ATHEISTS. Tomorrow if we all convert to islam or are forced to become muslim, then we wont be allowed to raise our voices or leave this cult.

If we as Nigerians keep quiet when this murderous sentence is carried out, then next they will come after us

PROUDLY TRADITIONALIST PAGAN! NIGERIA IS ORIGINALLY THE LAND OF THE GODS OF MY ANCESTORS WHERE EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO PRACTICE THEIR BELIEFS FREELY. WE ARE ALWAYS A SECULAR PEOPLE. ANYONE WHO VIOLATES OR HARMS OUR CITIZENS WILL BE CUT OFF. I WILL NEVER BOW TO AN ARABIC DEMON AND A FOREIGN LAW.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Bigchristo: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
HigherEd:

SOURCE
we are not supposed to live together with these useless set of people

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by freeborn02: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Madridguy, looks like your religion is one of murder and bloodshed. A religion set up for destruction. How do you people live with yourselves?

Don't you guys ever consider moving forward? Why does your religion rejoice in backwardness?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Cowbell521: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Religion of peace indeed. Keep deceiving una self. Igbo all the way...!

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldier Killed, Houses Burnt As Troops, Imo Youths Clash / Peter Obi Finally Joins PDP / Lawyer To Drag Buhari To Court For Dropping General Title From Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.