Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 (54665 Views)

Universities To Reopen In January 2021 - Ngige / Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) / FG Considers Compulsory Levy For Students In Primary, Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Rico94: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
I need to go my department to verify my identification number i don forget am
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Joenath: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
engrjacuzzi:

feel free to aire your opinion provided you don't rain insults. before I got admission into the university, I stayed over 6 months due to Nationwide ASUU strike caused by government at a time when there was no pandemic....it was only UniIlorin that opened because they opted out of ASUU. as a matter of fact, with the population of students choked in some schools, how do we practice social distance? how prepared are the school authorities in terms of putting hygienic measures? the only issue I wish the school to be opened a long time ago would have been for the sake of the private school teachers.
I have also stayed at home for 6 months ASUU strike just so you know. I graduated and got back in to study something else
I doubt you stay in Lagos. If you do you would ask me about social distancing. Have you seen the market places and bus stops.
Have you not seen political rally in different states ,was there social distancing effected. Does this government look like they would do anything about those things you are highlighting. At times some of us make comments like we ain't Nigerians. What do you think the government will do?
If they'll do nothing they should allow students cater for their health themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Joenath: 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
It's very clear and obvious schools are not open because something is being avoided.

Is any school as crowded as a typical Lagos market or a typical Lagos bus stop at the close of work hours.

The virus is deadly but the past few months we survived despite our porous systems.

1 Like

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Rico94: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
Minister of education Adamu Adamu right now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by earnit3: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
Really
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by raphy(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
many kids head is now block head. no sch book inside again
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Good development.
But I don’t think this concerns UNILAG and other federal institutions in Lagos.
Perhaps they will need waiting for the directives from the Federal Government.

I know unilag is federal. However are you sure that it doesn't include unilag?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Seun:
The governor cannot possibly be serious. Hopefully he is just fishing for comments. Most schools have over-crowded classes and hostels/dormitories. They can not implement social distancing if all the students resume.
You not a serious human being....so you are still talking about social distancing ba?talk another thing pls.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by SDEC: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2020
samuelpeters:

Nope.
Tertiary institutions in all States(state owned and FG) are controlled by FMoE.
State Government can only control primary and Secondary Schools.
In this Context of resumption.
Education is under the concurrent legislative list of Nigeria's constitution, meaning both Federal and State governments have independent jurisdiction in terms of making decisions concerning schools. The state government has spoken and it stands. I wonder why other states are still waiting for go ahead from FG
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by JimmyJab(m): 12:30am On Aug 30, 2020
I use to think, that the academic calendar was uniformed but now, I think otherwise. sad
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Lucky637(m): 12:44am On Aug 30, 2020
So finally they're tired. Anyways its a good one by Lagos state government at least other states can follow suit.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Nasproperty: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Coolgasman(m): 6:04am On Aug 30, 2020
Oyo state was the first to declare school reopening. It's Lagos state that followed suit
Lucky637:
So finally they're tired. Anyways its a good one by Lagos state government at least other states can follow suit.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2020
Seunpaul01:

What?

So because he owns nairaland we keep quite to Seun unreasonable and unremorseful comments.
This is a major Nigeria problem. The citizens prefer to be oppressed and suffered in silence than challenge the people in control.

I challenge him, Seun, your comment is annoyingly ridiculous. Though, you are entitled to your opinion but your unremorseful opinion is a very bad one.

If he wants to block me he should.

Three weeks time, we shall know who is right.

The governor made a political statement, just try and understand the clause in the statement.

Sanwo Olu said what the people wanted to hear, except a counter statement from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education in the next 2 weeks
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by VictoriaGrace(f): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2020
It is so important for students to be back at school, learning, reading, with access to teachers, books, and materials. It is easy to forget that so many children do not have access to these things at home. Perhaps they don't even have a space where they can read and do work at home even if they had the materials and desire to do so.
However, social distancing is still important, and I hope the schools can bring in measures to ensure this. Overcrowding is a serious issue. I don't know why some posters here seem to think social distancing is a joke.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Ericsdm55(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2020
I wish other states will follow suit. I laud the resolute effort this government
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by blingxx(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Rico94:
I need to go my department to verify my identification number i don forget am

some of us don forget our matric number sef grin
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Ajibel(m): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Majikman:

asin ehnnm ... the thing dey weak me

Na next year I want make UNN resume abeg. I'm not yet ready to face 12 courses anytime soon cry
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Ajibel(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

Fear Fear student like u...... abeg I can't wait joor, I'm missing Unical

Lol you no go understand except you dey unn but abeg help me greet my female friend in Unical when you reach. grin

1 Like

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Seunpaul01(m): 7:32am On Aug 30, 2020
MUTERIKA:
I just believe persons with something to fall back on or receive at the end of the month are not entirely bothered about the obvious bleak future this prolonged extension and closure will have. I not talking about immediate effects but years to come, how to explain that rather than do the needful and Carry on with basic human activities, we chose to lockdown and risk disaster

Exactly. Hypocrisy is in top notch in our country.

1 Like

Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Johnson5258: 7:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Cinema staff don suffer.

CANDYDADDY:

so what wrong with the bar, lounge,spa, night club, and other small scale business that will remain close

Na paper those parents that own such will use to pay their wards that will resume their education

well nothing good come out of zoo
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Jonasbadoo2(f): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Seun:
The governor cannot possibly be serious. Hopefully he is just fishing for comments. Most schools have over-crowded classes and hostels/dormitories. They can not implement social distancing if all the students resume.
Is there social distancing in the market place? you lots talk as if school is the main zone of COVID-19 mtcheew
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by Adex2442: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2020
gaetano:
FG will be looking at sonwolu to come and force their unilag to resume na grin

U mean unilag and other federal poly cannot resume?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by moseslarry(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Haba brother! Are you aware it this seun the owner of this forum you're talking to in that matter? shocked

Ogbeni, why u na wan Kee d guy? He had said his peace, leave him, that's his opinion. Aside the person he qouted didn't talk. Why taking paracetamol for another person's head ache?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by gaetano: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Adex2442:

U mean unilag and other federal poly cannot resume?
They can't. It will look like Lagos is dictating for FG.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by crownprince2017: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
School is resuming come September...

Let's help you get your project and Data Analysis job done professionally..visit the link below to know more...

https://komfortklick.com/product-category/research-and-data-analysis/research-and-data-analysis-research-and-data-analysis/
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by sujexy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
samuelpeters:

Nope.
Federal Government control only Federal. Education is under concurrent list.
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ajibel:

Lol you no go understand except you dey unn but abeg help me greet my female friend in Unical when you reach. grin
Malabresses way sharp die
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by NumbEmotions(m): 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
samuelpeters:

Nope.

Wow.. U very sure about that?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by AkwaIbomMan(m): 1:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Seunpaul01:

I wonder o. His comment just annoy me this night.

And he did not finish school. He dropped out from oau to face his nairaland. He was never concerned about school in the first place.

Coro is an airborne virus. With the rate at which crowded places like markets operate everyday, if coro is really in the air dead bodies would have been uneasy to count.
how sure are you @bolded?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by AkwaIbomMan(m): 1:08am On Aug 31, 2020
lizabeet:
Who is your kid?
as long as you're still in school you're a kid till you graduate and face life.
I'm I not right?
Re: Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 by taiocol: 6:56am On Aug 31, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

Fear Fear student like u...... abeg I can't wait joor, I'm missing Unical
Malabite dem go drive you o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Akugba Akoko 2014/2015 Post Utme / Nkechi Alexandra Kingsley: Lagos Polytechnic Best Graduating Student Employed / University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.