Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God (22123 Views)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / The Surefire Way Of Getting Your Prayers Answered / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Beatswim: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
orphan11:
Prayers don't work I have been praying for a job for a year now no way now am a begger
I have been begging and praying since 3 days now to get help and see what to eat but no hope
Please help me with something to eat please
Bless me with 1k let me buy food and eat please
I prayed for job for 5 years without a single answer..I dint relent..but God dint give me job..he made me an employer.. sometimes wen u ask for something..u ask awrong...God still answers prayers
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by earnit3: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
really
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JourneytoEL(f): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
dinomcjohn:
Op, this is no doubt one of the best write-ups on nairaland. Your points were made excellently and your arguments are impressive. Thanks. God truly hears the prayer of His children.
thanks for your kind words
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Perfection10(m): 10:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
JourneytoEL:
1. Let your intentions be pure
When you make a request to God don't make the reason be about your selfish desires e.g Father, give me a car so I can pepper my friends. Lord, I'm sowing my samsung phone so I can get an iPhone and show my friends I have arrived. Your intentions should be pure, virtuous and genuine. James 4:3, warned against this and said,When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Remember, God sees your innermost heart. No one can deceive God.

2. Let his Kingdom come through your intentions.
When you make your petitions, it is important to make it serve the purposes of God in earth. A classic example is Hannah.(1 Sàm 1:9-28) Hannah cried and prayed for a child and she got none. But, when she cried and said Father, give me a child and I will dedicate his life to you. God was touched and answered her prayers. Why? God needed a genuine servant to take over Eli since his sons have failed him. Hannah brought an interesting proposition that will make his will to be done and he gave her a son and more children when she fulfilled her promise.
Whenever Jesus prayed he always added sayings like Father, let your kingdom come,let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Father, perform this miracle for your name to be Glorified. Prayers should always be about the Glory of God not you.
When you want your intention answered, bring up interesting propositions to God e.g Father, give me this contract and I will buy chairs for a church for your children to worship you in comfort. Father, please give me triplets, so I will get done with this stage and start serving my role in the church. Father, give me a job in this company, so I can Evangelise and preach your name to the unbelieving staff, I also promise to act as a good Christian and not partake in fraud. Father, please give me a good phone, so I can setup a YouTube page to proclaim your name. Remember, anything you promise endeavor to fulfill. Never, make the mistake of not fulfilling the promise you made to God.

3. Stand on existing covenants
God made a covenant to Solomon that he would answer the prayer of anyone who prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem. 2 Chron 6:21, I am your servant, and the people of Israel belong to you, and so whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray, answer from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.
Daniel been an intelligent jew, understood the power of this covenant and when he prayed he always faced the temple from faraway Babylon!! Dan 6:10 says, Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
Whether you believe this or not there are genuine churches whose altars have become a place of covenant for some particular needs. Some churches have a covenant that any barren woman that prays there will carry her child, some have for prosperity, long life etc. Not only churches, there are certain spirit-filled individuals, both clergy and non-clergy, who's covenants with God can open the heavens for your sake. Seek these people and places as the Spirit directs you and pray with faith on their covenants.

Hope this message blessed you? Also remember to pray persistently. Jesus taught this mystery in Luke 18:1-8, with the starting note.Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray for just causes and not give up. Daniel prayed for 21 days before he got his answer, and he would have continued if it was delayed. Keep praying until something happens. Shalom.

Nice piece but wait ooooo does your moniker mean journey to Hell or journey to Elohim?�
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by leofab(f): 12:54am On Aug 31, 2020
paulolee:

lolz...dnt you think it's better to believe in what you called "fantasies" and hold on to something than to believe in nothing?? its funny when people like you think that life is all about the physical not knowing that there is more to life spiritually....try change ur perspective and think about the metaphysical if they exist or not..
hold on to fairy tales... I rather hold on to tales from Shakespeare... atleast it is soothing; entertaining and educating.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Teymanhenry(f): 5:27am On Aug 31, 2020
orphan11:
Prayers don't work I have been praying for a job for a year now no way now am a begger
I have been begging and praying since 3 days now to get help and see what to eat but no hope
Please help me with something to eat please
Bless me with 1k let me buy food and eat please
. prayers work bro and God has His way of doing things. No.1 is when you pray, you act. There are many jobs you can engage yourself with and wait upon the Lord. Some people sit at home n cry that there are no jobs when others are in the street hustling. If you are God who will you help?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 7:08am On Aug 31, 2020
leofab:
hold on to fairy tales... I rather hold on to tales from Shakespeare... atleast it is soothing; entertaining and educating.
lolz
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JourneytoEL(f): 7:30am On Aug 31, 2020
Perfection10:

Nice piece but wait ooooo does your moniker mean journey to Hell or journey to Elohim?�
journey to eternal life

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by IkePeters(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2020
JourneytoEL:
When you make a request to God don't make the reason be about your selfish desires e.g Father, give me a car so I can pepper my friends. Lord, I'm sowing my samsung phone so I can get an iPhone and show my friends I have arrived. Your intentions should be pure, virtuous and genuine. James 4:3, warned against this and said,When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

When you make your petitions, it is important to make it serve the purposes of God in earth. A classic example is Hannah.(1 Sàm 1:9-28) Hannah cried and prayed for a child and she got none. But, when she cried and said Father, give me a child and I will dedicate his life to you. God was touched and answered her prayers. Why? God needed a genuine servant to take over Eli since his sons have failed him. Hannah brought an interesting proposition that will make his will to be done and he gave her a son and more children when she fulfilled her promise.
Whenever Jesus prayed he always added sayings like Father, let your kingdom come,let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Father, perform this miracle for your name to be Glorified. Prayers should always be about the Glory of God not you.
When you want your intention answered, bring up interesting propositions to God e.g Father, give me this contract and I will buy chairs for a church for your children to worship you in comfort. Father, please give me triplets, so I will get done with this stage and start serving my role in the church. Father, give me a job in this company, so I can Evangelise and preach your name to the unbelieving staff, I also promise to act as a good Christian and not partake in fraud. Father, please give me a good phone, so I can setup a YouTube page to proclaim your name. Remember, anything you promise endeavor to fulfill. Never, make the mistake of not fulfilling the promise you made to God.

God made a covenant to Solomon that he would answer the prayer of anyone who prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem. 2 Chron 6:21, I am your servant, and the people of Israel belong to you, and so whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray, answer from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.
Daniel been an intelligent jew, understood the power of this covenant and when he prayed he always faced the temple from faraway Babylon!! Dan 6:10 says, Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
Whether you believe this or not there are genuine churches whose altars have become a place of covenant for some particular needs. Some churches have a covenant that any barren woman that prays there will carry her child, some have for prosperity, long life etc. Not only churches, there are certain spirit-filled individuals, both clergy and non-clergy, who's covenants with God can open the heavens for your sake. Seek these people and places as the Spirit directs you and pray with faith on their covenants.

Hope this message blessed you? Also remember to pray persistently. Jesus taught this mystery in Luke 18:1-8, with the starting note.Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray for just causes and not give up. Daniel prayed for 21 days before he got his answer, and he would have continued if it was delayed. Keep praying until something happens. Shalom.

Am truly Blessed �
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2020
Teymanhenry:
. prayers work bro and God has His way of doing things. No.1 is when you pray, you act. There are many jobs you can engage yourself with and wait upon the Lord. Some people sit at home n cry that there are no jobs when others are in the street hustling. If you are God who will you help?
am always in the street bro but I don't doubt Gods favor over me
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JourneytoEL(f): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2020
IkePeters:

Am truly Blessed �
amen. thanks
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
ovieigho:

How long did you wait on God?

What do you do in between your waiting period ?

I have been applying for UK visa since 2003 prayerfully but I got 3 rejections from UK

I kept my faith and went to USA embassy in 2017 voila one time ( he is the almighty )

I left secondary school in 1999 been applying for states universities

Until God gave me a federal university in 2010
Gods do the wonders in his own time

Right now my success and glory is obvious for all to see
I am a multi millionaire in Christ Jesus

Begging will not help you bro
Go back to him

Care to share your technique of prayer?

Not everyone gets an answer no matter how righteous they are.

What did you do differently that gave you an answer?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2020
hupo:
Thank you OP for sharing this piece. The effectiveness of a prayer has nothing to do with God but the person involved.

Jesus gave the model for prayer when he taught his disciples to pray "the Lord's Prayer". ACTS - Adoration(worship), Confession of sins, Thanksgiving and Supplication.

Prayer is very powerful when it goes beyond being a ritual. One's spirit must connect with the spirit of God.

We are today the Church described in the old testament hence location of prayer doesn't matter.

Most people stop at the level of request without taking a bold step of faith that God has answered their prayer.

if you need a Job, step out in faith after prayer and God with direct you. I beleive most people have prayed enough but lack the faith to believe that God has answered their prayer.

Prayer is made by spoken words and answers come by taking "action backed by faith".

So every answer to prayer is backed by action? And what if the prayer does not need action?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Beatswim:
I prayed for job for 5 years without a single answer..I dint relent..but God dint give me job..he made me an employer.. sometimes wen u ask for something..u ask awrong...God still answers prayers

Explain how you were asking for a job and instead became an employer. How did you know that this was the will of God for you? What happened in the 5 years that changed everything?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Mryacks: 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
JourneytoEL:

Blessed and grateful...
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by ovieigho(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Care to share your technique of prayer?

Not everyone gets an answer no matter how righteous they are.

What did you do differently that gave you an answer?

Bro “timing “

If you check the time I went to UK embassy to when I got USA visa was about 10yrs interval

The time I finished secondary school 1999 till 2010 I got admission to a prestigious federal university was 11 yrs
It’s enough to give up on God but bros He is the almighty
I have so much faith In Christ Jesus even though along the line I commit sins which hinders prayers but I still make sure I pray..

I went to ori oke ikoyi in OSun state prior to my getting visa tho

You need to re dedicate and make a prayer of faith
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
ovieigho:

Bro “timing “

If you check the time I went to UK embassy to when I got USA visa was about 10yrs interval

The time I finished secondary school 1999 till 2010 I got admission to a prestigious federal university was 11 yrs
It’s enough to give up on God but bros He is the almighty
I have so much faith In Christ Jesus even though along the line I commit sins which hinders prayers but I still make sure I pray..

I went to ori oke ikoyi in OSun state prior to my getting visa tho

You need to re dedicate and make a prayer of faith

I'm surprised at the number of years. I often hear stories about these sort of delays, how the person will miraculously be catapulted beyond their expectations, etc.

All this "timing" talk, are we not ascribing no power in prayer whenever we say it has to do with timing? Why did you pray for 10 years and nothing happened? Why is the road easy for majority and so difficult your a select few? Is there a purpose to the suffering?

What lessons did you learn? Do you feel the delay was to teach you something? Do you feel like you were miraculously catapulted beyond your expectations?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by ovieigho(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

I'm surprised at the number of years. I often hear stories about these sort of delays, how the person will miraculously be catapulted beyond their expectations, etc.

All this "timing" talk, are we not ascribing no power in prayer whenever we say it has to do with timing? Why did you pray for 10 years and nothing happened? Why is the road easy for majority and so difficult your a select few? Is there a purpose to the suffering?

What lessons did you learn? Do you feel the delay was to teach you something? Do you feel like you were miraculously catapulted beyond your expectations?

Like I said sin hinders prayer a lot
I was into some immoral acts sort of which distracted me of Gods purpose

But then you have to wait on the lord because it’s his blessings that make the rich and added no sorrow ,don’t be in a haste

All the successful people you thing you see are not what you think

Some quick prosperities you see around are not likely from God

But I can assure you if you fast and pray for 3days and re dedicate your life
Things will start taking shape
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
ovieigho:

Like I said sin hinders prayer a lot
I was into some immoral acts sort of which distracted me of Gods purpose

But then you have to wait on the lord because it’s his blessings that make the rich and added no sorrow ,don’t be in a haste

All the successful people you thing you see are not what you think

Some quick prosperities you see around are not likely from God

But I can assure you if you fast and pray for 3days and re dedicate your life
Things will start taking shape

What of a rededicated person who does not get answers?

I believe that God makes rich, but not to the wasteful extent we see from people who get it the wrong way.

When you say don't be in a haste, is 12 years a haste to have been expecting something? 15 years?

@bolded, sounds too easy, but worth a try. But if things don't take shape...
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
■ What of a rededicated person who does not get answers? I believe that God makes rich, but not to the wasteful extent we see from people who get it the wrong way. When you say don't be in a haste, is 12 years a haste to have been expecting something? 15 years? @bolded, sounds too easy, but worth a try. But if things don't take shape...
lets stop feeding ourselves these ridiculous lies abeg like OP and all of Christianity! undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to Gof and to His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
lets stop feeding ourselves these ridiculous lies abeg like OP and all of Christianity! undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to Gof and to His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, in order that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

I won't lie that I read anything you posted beyond you exclamation.

Calm down. Then type it again. It looks long and aggravated. Today is world mental health day, anyway. What do you have to say about that?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
■ I won't lie that I read anything you posted beyond you exclamation. Calm down. Then type it again. It looks long and aggravated. Today is world mental health day, anyway. What do you have to say about that?
Nigeria ans Nigerians as a whole would greatly benefit from desperately diverting huge amounts of resources in to severely improving the mental health resources in the country at this point. undecided
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by BRATISLAVA: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nigeria ans Nigerians as a whole would greatly benefit from desperately diverting huge amounts of resources in to severely improving the mental health resources in the country at this point. undecided

Lol.

But you know they won't. They will accuse the devil instead.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
■ Lol. But you know they won't. They will accuse the devil instead.
Ugh! It is disgusting to think of. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / The First Time He Took A Cigarette / An Encounter With A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.