Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:35 AM

Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 (17214 Views)

Nasir Sambo: EFCC Recovers N5.4bn For NHIS, 7 Billion Still Trapped / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits ₦183 Per Litre / Under-recovery: Fuel Subsidy Drops To N20 Per Litre — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by McGg: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Let not forget that Buhari is the minister of petroleum
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by DaudaAbu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Mindlog:
Abracadabra!

Why not
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by McGg: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Queenoffucks:
This government is really enjoying the doggy style on us.

Fvck APC
Fvck booohari

By the way
If you're reading This

Fvck you

Queenoffucks

Fuccck you too dear
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nauttyprof(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
What's the confusion

So long as government controls or sets the price of fuel there is a subsidy in existence.

For subsidy to be no longer on existence, it would be the marketers and fuel depot owners that would be setting the price instead of NNPC

Note. Anyone who abuses me will be reported to the moderators immediately.

I expect you to disagree with me. But don't use intemperate language doing so. You can be civil in your speech.

Thank you. You are free to disagree with me. But no abuse please

You just confirmed also that our government is based on falsehood. A big scam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by anonimi: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
GboyegaD:
This government must sha find avenue to steal. Upon all the COVID and borrowing funds, dem still need more to steal.

Barawo Bubu is competing against his bosom friend for the greatest looter of all time.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by sinkhole: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
The reason why government refuses to remove subsidy is because if they do, the price of fuel would be above 300 per liter, like it is in Niger, Benin and Sierra Leone, where there is no subsidy

Removing subsidy is politically expensive, despite the fact that there are long term benefits of lower oil prices, more investment in oil, more jobs , and more refineries and no more scarcity

But APC does not want to be put out of office , so they keep on paying the useless subsidy
they should just remove the bloody shit! I tell you, if they remove and PMS shoots to #300, Nigerians will shout and within a month they will adjust. The same thing should be done with education, let the parents pay for the maintainance of higher institutions so that we can get money into the treasury from these tertiary institutions angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by SIONKPO1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
The reason why government refuses to remove subsidy is because if they do, the price of fuel would be above 300 per liter, like it is in Niger, Benin and Sierra Leone, where there is no subsidy

Removing subsidy is politically expensive, despite the fact that there are long term benefits of lower oil prices, more investment in oil, more jobs , and more refineries and no more scarcity

But APC does not want to be put out of office , so they keep on paying the useless subsidy
So you mean for 5 years now APC can't build new refinery or repair the ones we have
shame on pmb and apcnigeria
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Bimpe29: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
Corruption in Nigeria is prevalent.

Transparency is dead while accountability is hoax.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Omooba77: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
GreenAgain:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/confusion-as-subsidy-returns-nnpc-pays-n5-4bn-as-under-recovery/

Like everything about life, this government will expire one day...
Lies is just damn too much, paying subsidies and fuel is N148.70 per litre
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

If Buhari had any form of integrity, subsidy shouldn't even come up at all!!

Nigerians shouldn't face any form of hardship under his regime!!!

That was his promise and a man of integrity always keep his words!!!

I didn't expect that we will be discussing this under his regime!!!

So you don't support the removal of subsidy then.

The problem is, subsidy should have gone since 2006.
We spend more on subsidy than we do on education and health all because prices have to be kept low.

I didn't like PDP, but I consider GEJs attempt to partially remove subsidy in 2012 as the right decision. If he had even gone one step further and removed th the thing totally, yes high prices for fuel, but by now, jobs, more investment and refineries, and better economy

And no more smuggling
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by WoundedLamb: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
What's the confusion

So long as government controls or sets the price of fuel there is a subsidy in existence.

For subsidy to be no longer on existence, it would be the marketers and fuel depot owners that would be setting the price instead of NNPC

I expect you to disagree with me. But don't use intemperate language doing so. You can be civil in your speech.

Hahaha... bro, this your post got laughing. grin grin grin
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by isco10(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
embarassed
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by anonimi: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
Kriss216:
I can still remember Buhari and APC promises concerning Fuel subsidy pre 2015 election.
cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
sinkhole:
they should just remove the bloody shit! I tell you, if they remove and PMS shoots to #300, Nigerians will shout and within a month they will adjust. The same thing should be done with education, let the parents pay for the maintainance of higher institutions so that we can get money into the treasury from these tertiary institutions angry
You guys always talk of increasing the price of things, you forget that it will still be looted, you aren't even talking about the increase of minimum wage, what the hell do you expect a human being born of a mother to do with 30k per month, not to talk about the numerous private companies that pay lesser. Some people self.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Hahaha... bro, this your post got laughing. grin grin grin

I don't mind people disagreeing with me.

Just don't call me abusive names while doing so.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by McGg: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

Hope you know that the countries you mentioned above does not produce crude oil and still hope you know that Nigeria have existing refineries?
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nauttyprof:

You just confirmed also that our government is based on falsehood. A big scam.

That's why I've never voted for PDP or APC
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by anonimi: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

We spend more on subsidy than we do on education and health all because prices have to be kept low.

I didn't like PDP, but I consider GEJs attempt to partially remove subsidy in 2012 as the right decision. If he had even gone one step further and removed th the thing totally, yes high prices for fuel, but by now, jobs, more investment and refineries, and better economy

And no more smuggling

Did he want to partially remove it, or fully remove it and deregulate just like the telecom industry

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by bilulu(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

Yeah, once dangote comes on stream, deregulation is inevitable

Unless you want him to run the refinery at a loss, which won't leave his creditors happy...
Imagine a whole country depending on one man to be able to abolish subsidy. what happens to our refineries?
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by judgementyard(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
If only we can see the hand writing on the wall!
To your tents oh! Israel!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:

And no more smuggling
No talk about the increase of minimum wage. Some of you just want the lower classes to suffer because you're high up in the food chain, when people now lean to the left you start screaming "extremists". If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I hope I am an eagle, human beings are just to stupid.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by anonimi: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
That's why I've never voted for PDP or APC

So which party have you been voting for, and how are they better than the two viable options?

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Eriokanmi: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
We're awaiting the said rationale behind the resurface of forgone subidy
but they told us it was a scam in 2015 sad

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by sulaak(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
NNPC should be shutdown, an organisation that is known for corruption and dysfunctional operation.

Nigerian needs organisation that work to says to Nigerians “we can make money from making things work.”

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by judgementyard(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
And some folks still believes that the government and elites cares about them.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Patrioticman007(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
anonimi:

So which party have you been voting for, and how are they better than the two viable options?

Paddle your canoe, for our politicians are thieves.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Please, is PMB still the Minister of petroleum resources?

If this man leave office, that's when you will know the level of stealing that went on in his govt!
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
SegFault:

No talk about the increase of minimum wage. Some of you just want the lower classes to suffer because you're high up in the food chain, when people now lean to the left you start screaming "extremists". If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I hope I am an eagle, human beings are just to stupid.

Eagles dont live easy....

Removing subsidy has long term benefits....one of which is more cash for health and education
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Jabioro: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
We are looking for ways to embezzled always... that's our core motto..
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by sulaak(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
Eriokanmi:
but they told us it was a scam in 2015 sad

Buhari has done some much damage that even the dumbest Northerner is against another Fulani president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Vado(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
kikero:
What's the confusion

Yesz you are correct. These politicians don't want that to come into play.

By the way, you worry too much about people abusing you. I doubt you have the temperament to be a leader. People's opinions shouldn't have such power on you.
Re: Confusion As Subsidy Returns, NNPC Pays N5.4bn As Under Recovery In 2018 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
anonimi:

NCP, and for this recent election YDP...

I'm a bit cynical about both big parties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Senate Seeks Deadline Extension To June 30 / Vincent Okokoje, APC Ward Chairman Slump, Dies In Delta After Attending Meeting / Senate Confirms Stephen Ocheni And Suleiman Hassan As Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.