Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media (6063 Views)

“lekki Girls Use Their Bodies To Pay For Rides” - Uber Driver Says / See The Methods Nigerian Girls Use To Carryout Abortion / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Use "Don't Put Your Eggs In One Basket" To Cheat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Blackmoran(m): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
I once shared a experience on this forum on how I met a girl on a community group chat in Facebook back in 2012, she was base in Enugu while I reside in Lagos.

our friendship started mutual and later it went intimate, on are profile pics and uploaded picture if am to rate her from 1 to 10 i will give are a 7. and what make me fall for this girl is are funny Igbo accent wish sound weird to me.

to cut the story short after 6 month we decide to meet each other so she traveled from Enugu to lagos the night of the day she was to come I couldn't sleep, all that was in my mind was this girl that night I can't count how many times I checked her picture...

the next morning she called me she was at the park, I rushed got dress with great joy and rushed to the park, on getting there I called to locate her.
That day I thank God I saw her first before she saw me, I was so disappointed my joy just turn to rage this girl I was looking straight ahead was big like a whale if me and her where to walk hand in hand for a moonlight stroll our shadow will be like number 10, she is times 3 of me..

God forgive me that day I just switch of my phone and head back home and I never picked her call again, I felt bad for what I did but logically I think she deserve it, cause she was deceitful she was using a picture of many years ago when she was still younger...

this is back in 2012 and when I thought it's just a one off things this year I met another lady on Instagram, cute pictures.. she is into selling of men shoes and cloth, at first I started as a customer when I order she sent her junior kid brother to deliver at my place so I never met her personally until one conversation lead to another our discuss became romantic, so we decided to met early last week..
But this time I wasn't lucky she saw me first she ran to hug me at that moment I felt the ground should open up and swallow me, I don't like calling people ugly but in my life time I will never walk up to her to ask her out if we are to meet in person.. but thank God it was evening...

this habit now is getting out of hand I don't know if it is a problem with Nigeria girls or its something global, but anyhow girls please I want to ask why do most of you like using old pictures of what you are not alike again?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by RightRoad: 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
cheesy
Who doesn't like to look good always? If most people wants to display picture, of course, they'll look for the best picture irrespective of when it was taken. It's not peculiar to only ladies, I've seen men do it too.

The pictures on my Facebook profile were taken in 2012, I've not seen picture I like like them so, I didn't change them. However, I always tell anyone I get talking with that the pics were since 2012 when they talk about how they would like to see my beautiful face.
I don't hide that fact. I've even told few people, I don't look that good again.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ThiagoKid(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
E shock u?

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by tunjilee003: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
Dumbest post I've read in the whole of August.....

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
grin grin them do you charm

Bro forget fb looks, during all the chating haven't you video call, check her pic to be sure. I can't follow a girl who I haven't seen well on pix

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Vyzz: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
cool
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ubunja(m): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
The older women get the uglier they get. aka The Wall. aka Women age like milk. aka Father Time at work.

#TheWallIsUndefeated.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Privatepart00: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
Who doesn’t know that majority of girls upload their finest pictures on social forum .
Market must sell now
If they use the present picture you may not find them attractive again

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
if she maintains herself she can still look she way she looked in the past
i bet why u got disapointed is because she looks fatter compared to what she looked in the picture she sent u
she added weight and dats just normal
if she exercises or diets she would still look as she looked few yrs back even if she looks a bit older
dont feel too bad cheesy
its not the end of the world
at least it was her picture she uploaded so she wasnt deceitful
if u feel letdown then what can u say about ladies who are fond of uploading their friend"s pix who happens to be more preety or a picture of their preetier younger sister in a bid to deceive guys cheesy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Privatepart00:
Who doesn’t know that majority of girls upload their finest pictures on social forum .
Market must sell now
If they use the present picture you may not find them attractive again
with photoshopping and other appraratus ladies dont even need to use their older pics.just airbrush the recent pix and they good to go.
for guys into social media dating wetin i go advice before them meet a girl they should try and do a video chat with her.99 percent of fones we have now have cameras so no babe can make any excuse about her fone not having a camera.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by paulolee(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2020
they wish to remain forever young..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Well.....hmmmmm....what do I say now
Don't you view pics in her status??
Well it's always happening to u cos u care more about outward looks...
Most people don't look d Same with their pics..
I for one hate video call though I update my status regularly..
You should stop flirting online..
Social media and real life are very different..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
gaius01:
grin grin them do you charm

Bro forget fb looks, during all the chating haven't you video call, check her pic to be sure. I can't follow a girl who I haven't seen well on pix
gbam it wont take much to do a video chat
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
lefulefu:

Take much, asin what do you mean?
In video call you can see the head well Na .
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
gaius01:

Take much, asin what do you mean?
In video call you can see the head well Na .
i mean to say it wont cost op that much to do a video call with the girl cheesy.even i am correct even java phone with camera can do a video cal cheesy.at least if he dey communicate with the girl and see her on camera he can compare and contrast her pic with what he seeing in camera

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
lefulefu:
i mean to say it wont cost op that much to do a video call with the girl cheesy.even i am correct even java phone with camera can do a video cal cheesy.at least if he dey communicate with the girl and see her on camera he can compare and contrast her pic with what he seeing in camera
grin grin don't mind him he was blind to
DP alone grin
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by 1beat(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
you should have request for her picture during ur chatting on WhatsApp
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Blackmoran(m): 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
lefulefu:
2012 video chatting? I can take take the blame for this year.. but sincerely photoshop and all this picture editing app as liberated women
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Blackmoran(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
lefulefu:
In 2012?
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
Blackmoran:
2012 video chatting? I can take take the blame for this year.. but sincerely photoshop and all this picture editing app as liberated women
well video cant be video shopped yet cheesy
if the person u talking to has nothing to hide then she will open her video for you for chatting.if the person is making up excuses why she cant do video chat with u do u think it will be wise meeting such a person?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
Blackmoran:
In 2012?
u met her in 2012?
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2020
So you abandoned a lady that travelled from Enugu to Lagos at the park simply because she wasn't what you expected? Did you ever consider her safety?

Damn, you're heartless. sad

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by HomerTimpson: 1:38am On Aug 31, 2020
J111333:
So you abandoned a lady that travelled from Enugu to Lagos at the park simply because she wasn't what you expected? Did you ever consider her safety?

what if this kind nigerian was to be our president ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by SavageResponse(m): 4:32am On Aug 31, 2020
RightRoad:
cheesy
Who doesn't like to look good always? If most people wants to display picture, of course, they'll look for the best picture irrespective of when it was taken. It's not peculiar to only ladies, I've seen men do it too.

The pictures on my Facebook profile were taken in 2012, I've not seen picture I like like them so, I didn't change them. However, I always tell anyone I get talking with that the pics were since 2012 when they talk about how they would like to see my beautiful face.
I don't hide that fact. I've even told few people, I don't look that good again.

There's no pic on your profile angry
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by LordPherule(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2020
They prefer using old pics to recent pic. Some don't even update their age, they shunt it.

Girls wish they don't grow old, they wanna be young forever but time flies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ubunja(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2020
J111333:

are you serious??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by SweetCunt97(f): 7:15am On Aug 31, 2020
ubunja:
are you serious??
You must be heartless for asking such.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ubunja(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You must be heartless for asking such.
by now you must know I owe no Woman nothing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2020
Blackmoran:

the next morning she called me she was at the park, I rushed got dress with great joy and rushed to the park, on getting there I called to locate her.
That day I thank God I saw her first before she saw me, I was so disappointed my joy just turn to rage this girl I was looking straight ahead was big like a whale if me and her where to walk hand in hand for a moonlight stroll our shadow will be like number 10, she is times 3 of me..

God forgive me that day I just switch of my phone and head back home and I never picked her call again, I felt bad for what I did but logically I think she deserve it, cause she was deceitful she was using a picture of many years ago when she was still younger...
It's called wickedness not smartness.
You can't be friends with someone and wouldn't bother asking for 'other' pictures.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Aabheaven(m): 8:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Man I know u were disappointed when u saw,her but u abandoning her after her hectic journey was cruel. That lady will have a bad perception of guys because of what u did. Hope u have seen d reason ladies don't like visiting guys at their place because of disappointment like ds
Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by ibrutex(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2020
it's normal for both sexes ,we try to make it look perfect to our best. I could remember my FB profile pix was taken since 2010 , it's one of the best pix I have and I haven't seen another to replaced it .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Use There Old Pictures On Social Media by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2020
That was wicked of you.

What of men who put up bold pics only to meet them.in person and they are 4ft in height?

I remember in 2013, I met one on Facebook. He looked so huge in his pics (mostly sitting posture) and I tot he was a giant but when we met, hmm... I was like , "gosh!" He was so shorrrrt.. But I just played along and on my way back I vowed, not me. Though along the line I got to like him but on a friendly note. That did not say I should abandon him at the restaurant cos I could have done so if I wanted to but I believe we should learn to love and be accommodating. Imagine the distance she had to travel to come see you and you treated her like a piece of trash. I can't do such. Its heartless.

As for old pics, its not anybody's biz which I use. Sometimes I even use my baby pics when i was three months old. So?? Though I feel more comfy using recent pics so I know what to adjust looking at my current. Cos using the old one can even be deceptive to you not making you know when to watch that weight. So what I have in all my profiles are recent. As recent as yesterday Sunday after church.

Hm... See them rushing to check my profile lol.... grin

Be there hugging and falling in love with pictures. Dont get real.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Only! What Is The Name Of This Tool??? (pictures) +18 / If You Girlfriend Slaps You,will You Slap Her Back? / 7 Signs A Woman Is Tired Of A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.