Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery (2640 Views)

UBA Staff Clap And Share Snacks With Customers To Show Appreciation / How To Convince Foreigners To Do Legitimate Business With You In Nigeria / To Pay Or Not To Pay, Before Delivery? That Is The Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
Good evening my distinguished Admin and great people of this indomitable forum , please I need your your candid advice, A friend of mine started an online jewellery business but had to back out because of customers who cancels order at the dine minutes to delivery. This was just a new business at the preliminary stage, money was lost just for transportation to convey goods to customers, but cancel their order right at the doorstep of this customers. Nigerian customers are bent on payment on delivery service, and one cannot discern between a real buyer or a fake one. Please what can be done?
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by NobleSeed(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Baba that one dey hard this period ooh.

Doing business online nowadays is gradually becoming Alice in wonderland .the rate at which scam take increase belike beans and bread.

Na by grace and trust e take dey work ooh, me no too dey burder , if you no fit pay before delivery just waka come my shop .
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
Well, it's a bit difficult in a society like this, i wudnt pay b4 delivery of any good or service and i believe most Nigerians wont.

Just tell ur friend to always collect non-refundable dispatch/delivery fee (that's typically t.fare) b4 showing up to any customer, that sudnt be a big deal.

For instance, if d person is in Lagos, he/she can av fix dispatch fees for Lagos mainland and Island respectively. That wouldn't cost any serious customer an arm and a leg.

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
sherylbakky:
Well, it's a bit difficult in a society like this, i wudnt pay b4 delivery of any good or service and i believe most Nigerians wont.

Just tell ur friend to always collect non-refundable dispatch/delivery fee (that's typically t.fare) b4 showing up to any customer, that sudnt be a big deal.

For instance, if d person is in Lagos, he/she can av fix dispatch fees for Lagos mainland and Island respectively. That wouldn't cost any serious customer an arm and a leg.

That is, a transfer before delivery?
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
NobleSeed:
Baba that one dey hard this period ooh.

Doing business online nowadays is gradually becoming Alice in wonderland .the rate at which scam take increase belike beans and bread.

Na by grace and trust e take dey work ooh, me no too dey burder , if you no fit pay before delivery just waka come my shop .

It's so fearful to do business this days, now there is fake alert on bank transfers and counterfeit money, one may hardly get customers for payment on delivery service.
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by NobleSeed(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
elmas:

It's so fearful to do business this days, now there is fake alert on bank transfers and counterfeit money, one may hardly get customers for payment on delivery service.

Lol na so one be run me broad daylight street, my customer for that matter.
Chail this life no balance ooh
Let me brife you wat happen.
He said I should send my account number to him so that he can transfer money to me whiles he was still at home that later he will come and pick iPhone 6+ for his girlfriend, boom I sent it to him not knowing baba Don go edit fake alert come show me, e no too freak me cause it was a Nokia touch he make use of, me come dey wait for alart ,alart gree come baba come dey show me edited alart, he come dey para give me say e go come. I write receipt give am carry phone give my guy make he go... Could you believe me that the Yeye guy carry the same phone come with his girlfriend come my shop say he won buy pouch, he mind no even preak am what if they find out nkor. Chail. Iater find out shal but Na him girlfriend I come see with the phone. I just collect my phone from her hand japa. I wanted to involve police but then I just chill.
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
NobleSeed:

Lol na so one be run me broad daylight street, my customer for that matter.
Chail this life no balance ooh
Let me brife you wat happen.
He said I should send my account number to him so that he can transfer money to me whiles he was still at home that later he will come and pick iPhone 6+ for his girlfriend, boom I sent it to him not knowing baba Don go edit fake alert come show me, e no too freak me cause it was a Nokia touch he make use of, me come dey wait for alart ,alart gree come baba come dey show me edited alart, he come dey para give me say e go come. I write receipt give am carry phone give my guy make he go... Could you believe me that the Yeye guy carry the same phone come with his girlfriend come my shop say he won buy pouch, he mind no even preak am what if they find out nkor. Chail. Iater find out shal but Na him girlfriend I come see with the phone. I just collect my phone from her hand japa. I wanted to involve police but then I just chill.

That one Na serious case o, your guy for that matter, I dey even reason if person fit involve accountant to verify transfers. You dey Lagos?
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by NobleSeed(m): 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
elmas:

That one Na serious case o, your guy for that matter, I dey even reason if person fit involve accountant to verify transfers. You dey Lagos?
yeah you can bro. Just get in touch with your bank manager..
I reside in edo not Lagos .
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
NobleSeed:
yeah you can bro. Just get in touch with your bank manager..
I reside in edo not Lagos .

But how is the turnout for payment before delivery for your customers
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
elmas:

That is, a transfer before delivery?
Exactly, just delivery fee transfer n he/she must confirm it b4 stepping out.
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by NobleSeed(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
elmas:

But how is the turnout for payment before delivery for your customers
just tell the customer to send you the screen shot of the tranction if u have not confirm the alert, check your bank app ,incase you are still sceptical just put a call through to your bank manager to help you confirm the tranction.
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
sherylbakky:
Exactly, just delivery fee transfer n he/she must confirm it b4 stepping out.

What about for goods that are more than 50k, isn't it risky to go out with that kind of amount of goods and come back without selling it?
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
elmas:

What about for goods that are more than 50k, isn't it risky to go out with that kind of amount of goods and come back without selling it?
Now, depending on the kind of goods, if it's stuff u'd have to pay vehicle to carry or heavy items, it's better not to go.

But if it's light items u can carry around e.g phone and other small gadgets, then give it a try, just be careful with the item, it's better to try n fail than not trying at all. All for survival, man must chop
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by bamidele89: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
Pay on Delivery in Nigerian is really something else
To the OP
Add your delivery fee to the goods u are selling and let the customers know that you are doing free shipping
Go to Instagram and search for delivery/logistics with cheap rate and use them
That all

Whenever I have goods to deliver in kano
I use a woman I saw on Instagram she deliver 400naira per delivery for me

3 Likes

Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2020
bamidele89:
To the OP
Add your delivery fee to the goods u are selling and let the customers know that you are doing free shipping
That all

You do payment before delivery?
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by GraphiteeConsul(m): 9:00am On Aug 31, 2020
The only way you can convince people to pay before delivery is through TRUST.

If your prospects trust you, they will make payments even before seeing the goods.
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by elmas(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
GraphiteeConsul:
The only way you can convince people to pay before delivery is through TRUST.

If your prospects trust you, they will make payments even before seeing the goods.

I'm still looking for the right words to convince them
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by bamidele89: 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
elmas:

You do payment before delivery?

Yes bro
That what I do
I run ecommerce with pay on Delivery option
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by Alphamentips: 11:52am On Jul 28, 2023
bamidele89:
To the OP
That all

Hi pls do you still have this woman's contact? My delivery guy in Kano use matchete for my neck

Is she still functional. Mine is expensive. If yes I need her contact
Re: What Can One Do To Convince Customers To Pay Before Delivery by Alphamentips: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2023
Pay on Delivery is the way forward. It's more expensive though for the seller because he needs to have stock nationwide for swift delivery to be possible

(1) (Reply)

10 High-paying Jobs You Can Do On The Side / Cooking Gas Refil With Free Home Deliveries / *How To Make $500 To $3000 A Month Freelancing In Upwork*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.