Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion (7634 Views)

Cooking Without Sweating / Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! / How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by vincent10(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2011
Onion is now expensive than fish/meat. Those days u eat meat/fish last but this days u eat onion last because its expensive.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Brite02(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2011
tru bro. . Mehnnnnn, i was so so surprised wen moi mum shewd me d onions she bought, 1 each 4 #100 mehn d fin too small. . . . .wonder wetin man go nw dt dz fins r nw gettin xpensive overnyt
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by MissyB3(f): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2011
Are we talking about the same onions I know? N100 for 1?  shocked That thing that was sold 2 for N5 back then?  tongue

I haven't tried cooking without onions but, I doubt the taste would be the same as though you used onions or you would be satisfied with what you get.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by McCoy91(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hate onions anyways so I don't mind the hike in prices. Purple stuff in my food. Yuck!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by McCoy91(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hate onions anyways so I don't mind the hike in prices. Purple stuff in my food. Yuck!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by ymozay: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2011
The last time i went to buy onions,the one i use to buy for 700 naira has sky rocketed to 2000 naira,i was only able one third of it.i wonder what's happening, not just with onion's a bag of cement i bought 1700 naira 5 days ago,a friend told me he bought it for 2500 naira today.God save us!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by monopolist: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2011
It is a proof that food prices are going up through the roof.

Get ready. You can even start an onion Plantation with as low as NGN200,000 and control 50% of Lagos market for Onions in the future.

If nobody is buying onions at least our Wives, Mothers, GrandMothers and MAISUYAs will buy and we have millions of them in Lagos alone.

Grea8 Idea!

Get a free proposal now: kingolusola@gmail.com

or Call: 08055940488
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by owobokiri(m): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2011
I hope the almighty North has not placed the whole Nigeria on sanctions even before the elections are here.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by johnjoel(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2011
testeless why would't be highly cost when nigeria govt eyes are on oil.they don't care about agricultural development any longer.failed govt
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by joe4christ(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
But for christ's sake, what's responsible for this Poo?
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by joesbuba: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2011
northern nigeria has place sanction on southern nigeria,onions are still cheap in the north
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
monopolist:

It is a proof that food prices are going up through the roof.

Get ready. You can even start an onion Plantation with as low as NGN200,000 and control 50% of Lagos market for Onions in the future.

If nobody is buying onions at least our Wives, Mothers, GrandMothers and MAISUYAs will buy and we have millions of them in Lagos alone.

Errmm, I thought the hike in prices was due to the crisis in the North that limited the ease of transporting the Onions from the North to other areas? What if I started my plantation and the crisis ceases and prices return to normal?
P.s., Maisuyas have started replacing onions with cabbage. . . . . . .
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by eghost247(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
Onions are very good
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by mamtomi: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
I think its a general thing, because a small dustbin basket here in abuja that used to be 400 now goes for 1,600. we should all try to make life eazy for ourselves in nigeria.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Bobonen: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
what i need is the effect onion on body system
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by WISEONE247(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2011
wow, i never took note of it, probably i will pay more attention.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by monkeyleg: 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
Thank you, time for me to start importing onions, dont worry, I will drive the price down
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Brite02(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
No doubt d current crisis in d north z makin d northerners 2 fink negatively by withdrawin supplies of dz Onions whereas z cheap in d north. . . After dey say dey worshippin Allah GOD i wonder wat dia holy qurans r sayin abt dz. . .
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by MMM2(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
onion is only expensive in 9ja.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
i think it's all over 9ja
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by NAJALYN: 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2011
You can cook without onions & enjoy your meals. You have different spices in the market to garnish your soup & stew. Cooking without onions therefore is no big deal.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2011
Brite02:

No doubt d current crisis in d north z makin d northerners 2 fink negatively by withdrawin supplies of dz Onions whereas z cheap in d north. . . After dey say dey worshippin Allah GOD i wonder wat dia holy qurans r sayin abt dz. . .
Why didn't you just come out to type, 'I hate muslims' instead of what you wrote up there? What proof do you have that what you said is true? None. Yet you just came here to castigate the way of life of millions of people.
Fine the crisis in the North is the main cause of the increase in prices, but it's not due to the Northerners 'thinking negative thoughts' and hoarding them. It is because the crisis has led to having the fear of going up North to get the onions by traders, and as a result, the few onions they suceed in bringing down are expensive.
And it is cheap over there because it is grown over there.
Nobody is hiding onions because they are thinking negative thoughts.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Brite02(m): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2011
fellis:

Why didn't you just come out to type, 'I hate muslims' instead of what you wrote up there? What proof do you have that what you said is true? None. Yet you just came here to castigate the way of life of millions of people.
Fine the crisis in the North is the main cause of the increase in prices, but it's not due to the Northerners 'thinking negative thoughts' and hoarding them. It is because the crisis has led to having the fear of going up North to get the onions by traders, and as a result, the few onions they suceed in bringing down are expensive.
Nobody is hiding onions because they are thinking negative thoughts.
U got me al wrong. . . Am nt critisin d religion, wat am sayin z dat d religious shuld try 2 mk/bring peace as a result of recent crisis, rite? cool
No offence intended!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Ekpoma1: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
Onions is very good 4 d eyes. Hey whats all dis scarcity sef? Dis is work of Atiku 2 ruin Jonathan govt. Jonathan pls dis shld be included in ur manifesto.  FREE ONIONS 2 ALL IF VOTED IN.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Phlota(f): 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
I learnt d onions r being swept away by flood in d North, hw true can dat be?
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by ogogoro: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
@ topic. The effect of cooking without onions is that

a. If your soup goes sour, you cannot repair it.
b. My neighbours late dinners will no longer cause me to eat in the dream. Thus, my mum will stop taking me for deliverance. yay!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
Crises in d north caused scarcity,are u guys joking or what? Where is d crises in d north,so d secteral unrest in jos alone means violence in d north,onion scarcity was caused by d terrential rainfall last yr in d north west
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Tokotaya: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
Heard it is related to climate change. That's what happens when the rain falls when it should be dry and vice versa. May God help us.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by mustafar1: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
Bigots.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by Ayowumie(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
fellis:

It is because the crisis has led to having the fear of going up North to get the onions by traders, and as a result, the few onions they suceed in bringing down are expensive.
Brite02:

No doubt d current crisis in d north z makin d northerners 2 fink negatively by withdrawin supplies of dz Onions whereas z cheap in d north. . .
I wonder why people just comment on what they know nothing about (no insult intended)
I live in the North and onion is very expensive over here too. Infact a basket of onion was sold for as much as N1500 in Riyom, a village in Plateau state where agricultural products are reputed to be very cheap.
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by tlops(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
Brite02:

tru bro. . Mehnnnnn, i was so so surprised wen moi mum shewd me d onions she bought, 1 each 4 #100 mehn d fin too small. . . . .wonder wetin man go nw dt dz fins r nw gettin xpensive overnyt

Seriously?!!!
Re: What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion by dynamictee: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
N100 for 1? Shocked That thing that was sold 2 for N5 back then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solution To Salty Food / What Is 'Agbari Ojukwu'? / How White People Vs Nigeria People Eat Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.