Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

"You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed (49709 Views)

Carlos Ahenkorah: Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us – Ghana Minister / Atiku Replies Lai Mohammed: Those Who Employed You Know You’re A Liar / Buhari Wasn’t Cloned But Dead - Nnamdi Kanu Replies Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2020
Rossinky:
No be una fault.

It is our federal govt that is even wasting time and stooping low to be exchanging letters with you.

By the time we sponsor rebel movements to destabilize your country and scatter that your ''peaceful society'', una eye go clear.

Tiny country feeling funky.

Look at you, a respectable Nigerian
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

No need being honest by half...

The major difference between Nigerian citizens, and those of other progressive nations is what they enjoy in terms of leadership dividends.

I keep telling you people... Patriotism, like loyalty, cannot be compelled, rather earned or better yet paid for.

How many citizens of America, Norway, South Africa, Luxembourg, etc, would be loyal and patriotic if they endured what average Nigerians endure yearly??!... Nigerians have been too patriotic in my opinion... 6 decades are quite an age to wait and work for a better nation.

Every country gets the kind of leaders it needs.
Let me disabuse your mind, we do not have leadership problems in this country, we have followership problems.

We have people like Moghalu, Sowole and likes running for president but you and i will choose to vote for Buhari and Atiku anyday. Have you ever gone to your village to see what your councillor does with his allocations. Have you ever ask your chairman question on how resources to the local govt are managed?

These countries you are mentioning got to where they are because it citizens made conscience effort to demand for qualitative leadership.

Every leader needs followers to put him/her on his toes to perform. Followers need to love and be patriotic to their country to be able to do this.

2 Likes

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Zenithpeak(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2020
iboboyswag:
We will not be sensitive to any plight... two can play this game.

It's really annoying seeing some Nigerians on hear trying to justify this appalling response because it suits their narrative of the present state of the country. These children of hate have played deaf and blind to some of the forward strides the country is making in recent times.

While I am all for criticizing the country and its leadership, I would not stand and allow another imp of a country attempt to disrespect us.

We should solve our problems in-house, but with an external aggressor, we should take no prisoners.

Two wrongs does not make a right. Remember that the Nigeria is the at a pivot point on the map of Africa which makes it difficult for Ghana and other countries left and right to trade without passing through Nigeria corridors.

This is not about trading in Nigeria alone but trading with other countries eg. Senegal, Mali etc was through Nigeria/Seme boarder. Closing that route by Nigeria government is killing the economy of other West African countries who has business with other African nations. Ecowas safe corridors Agreement should be given credence to. Remember, the Africa link road that linked West African to East Africa and other African route accessible by road.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by mukthar2000(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2020
"You Have Done Worse To Us,,

You most be a fool Unkrumah, bexos we close our boarder not to allow ur country to import all kind of intoxicated products like alomo drinks to destroy our youth like urs make young rubbery youth to steal and maltreat Nigerians in ur country? u most be a fool.

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Shattuck(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2020
StPete:

I knew you were going to tow down the line of Boko Haram grin grin

We have the population, the resources, the technical know-how. As much as we have our own internal challenges, tiny countries such as yours (Ghana) is still a stepping stool for a giant as ours. Out of fear was why your Minister had to quickly respond to Lai's statements because he knows for sure that when Nigeria says enough is enough, Ghana would be at the losing end
lol I am Nigerian not Ghanaian, what i am trying to make you understand is that Nigeria's biggest problem lies within her boarders ( the govt) when we channel this anger and disgrace we get from the international community into our politics we will see the desired change.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Tokenism: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria should no longer recognize Ghana degrees for NYSC.

That should shut down the numbers of Nigerians going to Ghanian universities.

Next stage

You will be a good politician if you come into politics.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Just30: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2020
If enforcingour laws is what you term lawless then i believe you live in an alternate universe

Charly68:
Ghana is becoming lawless even to their African counterpart ,they have forgotten that they may need Nigeria backing someday ..let them continue in their mindless pursuit of brutality against Nigerians..
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Just30: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2020
The Ghanaian response makes it look like Nigeria does not have a functioning government
phineas:
The Ghanian response is a joke

In summary they refused to take responsibility for allowing the demolition of an embassy in their country.The summary of their response paraphrased is this "it is a matter between Nigeria and a Ghanian it does not concern us but we offered to rebuild after it was demolished"

Truth is that demolition should never have been allowed to happen.The individual with a grouse should have had to go through his country to resolve that grouse.It should have been taken up with Nigeria through his country!.Ghana allowed it to happen,an attack on a foreign embassy and even gave excuses despite a police post not been far from there

Ghanian embassy lands in Nigeria should have their titles (paid or unpaid)revoked indefinately and demolished as well.Thats a ŕesponse that Must happen.Nigeria shoukd also offer to rebuild for the fun of it and put bugs they will never be able to remove unless they demolish again all over the place

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Just30: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2020
He should just apply for dual citizenship and that 60 dollars renewal few is off his expenses.

why is he paying 200,000 on a yearly basis and what for?
Johnrake69:

My Bros married a Ghanaian. As at 4 years ago that I visited him in Accra he was paying an equivalent of #200,000 then on a yearly basis. Even with a Ghanaian wife and 3 kids. I really felt bad for him but he is used to it.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by goooze(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
oshozondii:
https://twitter.com/DeleMomodu/status/1300068987167010817?s=19
Our border remain closed you guys can romance 33kva.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by HeightsKE: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria should no longer recognize Ghana degrees for NYSC.

That should shut down the numbers of Nigerians going to Ghanian universities.

Next stage

What are you saying,what do you mean?

Who's gonna be affected by this?
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Flairoqy(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Nah see finish cause am.
If they don't compete with us, they'll be as irrelevant as Togo.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by luluman: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2020
Rossinky:
No be una fault.

It is our federal govt that is even wasting time and stooping low to be exchanging letters with you.

By the time we sponsor rebel movements to destabilize your country and scatter that your ''peaceful society'', una eye go clear.

Cant you be Objective for once? He defended himself politely yet you can't reason. You must be Igbo.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by jacoik(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Oga to slap you dey hungry me
abi na to usam do money sef beta
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Pollosa1:
cheesy them won play fast Nigeria must go on us but God pass them

Learn project/research analysis with SPSS & Eviews via zoom/whatsapp, for just N5k. Please call/whatsap:> +234 814 565 8405
Good
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by oyinda1599(f): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2020
Goldenfinger:
.hey every1 goes truu depresion even me,i had suicide some months back but i realised that killing myself will only cause more damage.jst pray and listen 2 good songs,n dnt be lonely engage ur self in activities even if is playing wit sands,its more beta.stay blessed
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by oyinda1599(f): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

No matter what you might be passing through now,just see it as a phase in your life. You will definitely get over it with time. You only have to be strong and stop contemplating suicide as it is never the solution. You do not own your life,it belongs to God. You therefore do not have any right to take it.

There is nothing you're passing through now that God cannot handle and solve for you. You only need to allow Him to take charge of your situation. Dialogue with God through prayer and cleanse your spiritual being with fasting.

Surely,you shall overcome this stage of your life as I pray for divine peace from above to rule over your life. Be strong,as the world is about to celebrate you my sister.
Thanks so much.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by oyinda1599(f): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2020
daddytime:

Remember your signature, please.

Snap out of that thought come on. You are loved and will surmount this.

Please, stay strong, alive, and never give up.

Hugs.
I appreciate your words, thank you.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Burgerlomo: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2020
Racoon:
Boom! Lai Mohammed and country lies are being exposed.Over to you the legendary lying machine of the government.

Ewo tun ni legendary lying machine ni tori oloun.

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2020
oyinda1599:
Thanks so much.

You're welcome my sister.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by lowaist101: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Ghanaian govt is still angry with Border closure. And reference to indigenization policy is wrong, that was in the 1970's.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Evangjerry: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2020
If a Ghanian should pay #700,000 for registration, why should thesame Govt.give Niger people in Nigeria free hand to be citizen also in doing business free without payment. All EcoWas countries should be fair to each other.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by VaselineCrew: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2020
Rossinky:
No be una fault.

The fact that this comment advocating for terrorism has the most likes on the front page is sooo disheartening.

I have been saying this guy is a fraud from day one, with his fake patriotism, always claiming Nigeria can not afford to build infrastructure; thereby excusing corrupt politicians who are derelict in their duties.

So on one hand, you condemn terrorism in Nigeria, but on the other hand you wish same terrorism upon another country?

So you wish to see houses burned? People losing their lives? People displaced from their homes?

I guess the average Nigerian or black person is evil at heart sha, it shows, it really does... the evidence is right there in the number of likes.

1 Like

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by proeast(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Nigeria is yet to act and they're already feeling scared.
Read between the lines and you will that these Ghanaians are already jittery but trying to form tough in a diplomatic way.

Ghana trying to humilate Nigeria all these while is akin to Mexico trying to humiliate the US and we all know how Trump will deal with them mercilessly.

Nigeria should hit Ghana mercilessly where it will hurt their economy terribly and make them suffer before accepting any diplomatic negotiation. That is how countries earn respect!
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by richeeyo(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Rossinky:
No be una fault.

Just like the way God go destroy your family house
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by iboboyswag(m): 11:38am On Aug 31, 2020
[b]True! But you and I know that the end point of all good and bad along these routes ends in Nigeria. We have been forced over and over again to bear the brunt for ECOWAS sovereignty but these other countries do not or rather have chosen to turn a blind eye to the sacrifices that we have and continue to make for the subregion and Africa at large.

Nigeria is just taking back Nigeria and choosing to do things that are beneficial to us first.

Reason the number of people that have been empowered by that simple act, the growth that is being experienced in the agriculture sector and proliferation of local industries. We are not there yet but the moves that have been made, are moves in the right directions.

Ghana has the right to react the way they want but going dirty with the demolitions of diplomatic structures under flimsy excuses in a No No, and no amount of painting the anomaly would make it acceptable and right.

I am happy we have exercised restraint in the face of outright provocation but know this, it won't last long if the Government of Ghana don't get their acts right.[/b]

ADDENDUM
The slight that continues to emanate from the upper echelons in the Ghanaian government and their romance with France and other francophone countries to undermine the influence of Nigeria in the Region has not gone unnoticed.

I am certain we would respond in due time and when they least expect.

They think overcharging and molesting a few traders would harm us? Let them wait, we are coming.
Zenithpeak:

Two wrongs does not make a right. Remember that the Nigeria is the at a pivot point on the map of Africa which makes it difficult for Ghana and other countries left and right to trade without passing through Nigeria corridors.

This is not about trading in Nigeria alone but trading with other countries eg. Senegal, Mali etc was through Nigeria/Seme boarder. Closing that route by Nigeria government is killing the economy of other West African countries who has business with other African nations. Ecowas safe corridors Agreement should be given credence to. Remember, the Africa link road that linked West African to East Africa and other African route accessible by road.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by RTSC: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2020
Nigerians cannot sit in one place.

Always going everywhere.

They bring "see finish" all the time.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Zenithpeak(m): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
jrtorrents:

The property was demolished by a private individual, not the government of Ghana. Regardless the Government of Ghana apologized and offered to rebuild it. Why should the FD even bring it up again?

What you said here is funny...

Private individual demolished another country's embassy and government offered to rebuild it.... Don't you know that it is an act of war to do that? Or are saying private citizens of a particular country can assult the president of another country?

If Nigeria should react in similar fashion and war broke out between the two countries who's going to suffer maximum casualty? The whole of Ghana landmass is about the size of Oyo State alone in Nigeria.

Ghanian authorities should approach ECOWAS court to pressurize Nigeria government to operate in accordance with ECOWAS safe corridor agreement as it relates to boarder closure instead of foolishly drumming the war beat.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Coldie:
going after their citizens should come last, to reduce the number of nigerians in ghana, fg shoul stop nigerians from schooling their. Thats the major thing their country benefits from our citizens as ghana has been a tertiary education hub to nigerians thereby adding to their economy.

Nigerian students alone spend over #30bn studying in ghana, not to talk of tourists from nigeria.

What exactly does ghanians contribute to our economy?
No one is an island, we need each other to grow
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Zenithpeak(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
iboboyswag:
[b]True! But you and I know that the end point of all good and bad along these routes ends in Nigeria. We have been forced over and over again to bear the brunt for ECOWAS sovereignty but these other countries do not or rather have chosen to turn a blind eye to the sacrifices that we have and continue to make for the subregion and Africa at large.

Nigeria is just taking back Nigeria and choosing to do things that are beneficial to us first.

Reason the number of people that have been empowered by that simple act, the growth that is being experienced in the agriculture sector and proliferation of local industries. We are not there yet but the moves that have been made, are moves in the right directions.

Ghana has the right to react the way they want but going dirty with the demolitions of diplomatic structures under flimsy excuses in a No No, and no amount of painting the anomaly would make it acceptable and right.

I am happy we have exercised restraint in the face of outright provocation but know this, it won't last long if the Government of Ghana don't get their acts right.[/b]

ADDENDUM
The slight that continues to emanate from the upper echelons in the Ghanaian government and their romance with France and other francophone countries to undermine the influence of Nigeria in the Region has not gone unnoticed.

I am certain we would respond in due time and when they least expect.

They think overcharging and molesting a few traders would harm us? Let them wait, we are coming.

Your points are clearly spelt out without any ambiguity except for the patriotic arrogance which was displayed in your choice of words.

Nigeria is taking back his country from our West African neighbors with help of mischievous countries like China and the Arabians. We are taking our land back from countries that are weaker than us but surrendering it to the stronger ones.

We need to look into this issue holistically, and balance our position in the scheme of things. Nigerians were being victimized in Lebanon, United State, Turkey, UAE etc. It took one person from Nigeria to airlift our brothers out of xenophobic South Africa when our government lost every diplomatic wisdom and ideas to handle it, but they can beat their chest and threatened life our of them while our sovereignty was being signed away on paper in the name of accessing Asian Tiger loan.
Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by Noisyrians: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Stop talking rubbish! You think Ghana is a country Nigeria can easily push around?

As a Nigerian, you should be ashamed that your diplomats in Ghana went to acquire a piece of land for your country embassy and did not acquire the needed documentation. Or you think buying a piece of land is like buying groundnuts from the market? . Tell your government to produce the relevant documents for the land. They don’t have it. Your foreign minister has admitted that much publicly. So what are you talking about?

War will not break out between Ghana and Nigeria. I don’t even know what all this hullabaloos is about. If Ghana doesn’t want Nigerians in their country, let nigeria take its citizens out. In turn, Nigeria can also deport Ghanaians living in Nigeria. Is is as simple as that. Why go to war over such a simple matter?

Zenithpeak:

What you said here is funny...

Private individual demolished another country's embassy and government offered to rebuild it.... Don't you know that it is an act of war to do that? Or are saying private citizens of a particular country can assult the president of another country?

If Nigeria should react in similar fashion and war broke out between the two countries who's going to suffer maximum casualty? The whole of Ghana landmass is about the size of Oyo State alone in Nigeria.

Ghanian authorities should approach ECOWAS court to pressurize Nigeria government to operate in accordance with ECOWAS safe corridor agreement as it relates to boarder closure instead of foolishly drumming the war beat.

1 Like

Re: "You Have Done Worse To Us" - Ghana Info Minister Replies Lai Mohammed by pacespot(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nigeria had its best opportunity to become an advanced economy like USA in 1970s but wasted that golden era in shouldering the burdens of these sister nations through ECOWAS and AU. Imagine calling itself giant of Africa but the country is unlivable for a common man. Ordinary Ghanaians that were mending our shoes then are now chasing Nigerians out. Though I don't support fraud that most Nigerians are associated with when they travel out of this country, but the current state of relations with other African countries I.e Ghana and south Africa is due to poor economic performance back in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lawal Saidu: I Saw 1,000 Bandits With AK-47 Rifles, Some Under Influence Of Drug / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / Ambode Sacks Chaplain For Disrespecting His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.