Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056104 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2011
dot_man:

thanx for d prompt reply, the reason am asking is that someone once told me u av to wait for like 6 months. . . Are u sure about this?. . . . Thanx

No ooo. You can apply immedately, appointment date
and ur reason of travel matters

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
suxes2005:

No ooo. You can apply immedately,  appointment date
and your reason of travel matters

SHALOM
thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 2:15am On Mar 04, 2011
my wife's interview date is on the 31st of this month, she has only worked for three months,
please i like to know if three months bank statement and payslip is ok.

i heard us embassy only accepts six months bank statement and payslip
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2011
batuta:

my wife's interview date is on the 31st of this month, she has only worked for three months,
please i like to know if three months bank statement and payslip is ok.

i heard us embassy only accepts six months bank statement and payslip

I am not sure about the 3 months
Morover i guess she is going as a visitor
so 3 months statement is okay,
Plus what about her previous work?

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
Hi N/Landers. Here is my UK/US Visa dilemma

I want to apply for UK and US visas for myself, wife and 2yrs + son. We intend to visit a friend in the UK first and then from there travel to the US to visit my uncle. I am going on vacation from work sometime July this year, and intend to make the trip then. Question is

1. Would our travelling from UK to US affect our visa chances, especially with the US? I mean we cannot travel to the UK, back to Nigeria and then travel to the US and back to Nigeria again, can we?
2. We are travelling on virgin passports, does that make any difference?
3.Would our friend in the UK or my Uncle in the US be required to provide proof that he is able to accomodate us, even if we have evidence that we can take care of ourselves while there?
4. How soon should we begin to apply for either visas since our intended trip is in July?
5. And does it matter which visa we apply for first?
6. Does it matter how many documents I provide to show strong ties to my home country? I dont want to give too many documents detailing everything I own in this country and appear like one desperate individual.

N/Landers pls bear with me if some the questions I asked may seem quite petty, but this is our first time travelling out of the country and we would appreciate every help we can get to sort this out. The means of travelling is not an object of concern as I can comfortably foot all the bills. I'll be available to provide further info to aid my request. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
Mentuzza:

Hi N/Landers. Here is my UK/US Visa dilemma

I want to apply for UK and US visas for myself, wife and 2yrs + son. We intend to visit a friend in the UK first and then from there travel to the US to visit my uncle. I am going on vacation from work sometime July this year, and intend to make the trip then. Question is

1. Would our travelling from UK to US affect our visa chances, especially with the US? I mean we cannot travel to the UK, back to Nigeria and then travel to the US and back to Nigeria again, can we?
2. We are travelling on virgin passports, does that make any difference?
3.Would our friend in the UK or my Uncle in the US be required to provide proof that he is able to accomodate us, even if we have evidence that we can take care of ourselves while there?
4. How soon should we begin to apply for either visas since our intended trip is in July?
5. And does it matter which visa we apply for first?
6. Does it matter how many documents I provide to show strong ties to my home country? I dont want to give too many documents detailing everything I own in this country and appear like one desperate individual.

N/Landers pls bear with me if some the questions I asked may seem quite petty, but this is our first time travelling out of the country and we would appreciate every help we can get to sort this out. The means of travelling is not an object of concern as I can comfortably foot all the bills. I'll be available to provide further info to aid my request. Thanks

1. You can travel to us from the uk
2. It doesnt sir, at least one starts in a day
3. Yes he should be able to do so
4. Apply for the uk visa this month ending and try schedule an appmnt
for the usa visa against may as well
5. Nop it doesnt, but i advice u do ur uk visa first
6. Show strong ties to this country , wat you own doesnt really matter
alot, but what you are doing here in the country matters

SHALOM

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2011
suxes2005:

5. Nop it doesnt,  but i advice u do your uk visa first
6. Show strong ties to this country ,  wat you own doesnt really matter
alot,  but what you are doing here in the country matters

SHALOM

Thanks. Never found a better and concise answer. I'll post whatever progress I've made pals.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2011
suxes2005:

5. Nop it doesnt,  but i advice u do your uk visa first
6. Show strong ties to this country ,  wat you own doesnt really matter
alot,  but what you are doing here in the country matters

SHALOM

Another one pls: So would I need an invitation letter from my friend in the UK or my US uncle since I will be sponsoring myself ? Yet my reason for travelling is to visit them, or is there any way around this ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotman2(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2011
Mentuzza:

Another one pls: So would I need an invitation letter from my friend in the UK or my US uncle since I will be sponsoring myself ? Yet my reason for travelling is to visit them, or is there any way around this ?

getting an invitation letters from both of them will be an added advantage. . . Go get it.
@suxes. . . Some are advisin us to appeal (cos the co didnt even check the invitation letter), but we're some how confused. If we appeal can we even get the visa without appearing for the interview or will it make it faster in anyway. . . Abi its another style of wasting time. She got denied because she's nt travelled out of the country b4.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2011
Mentuzza:

Since you want to go and visit them, their
consent must be seeked and it must be made
known through I.V sent to you,

dot_man:

getting an invitation letters from both of them will be an added advantage. . . Go get it.
@suxes. . . Some are advisin us to appeal (cos the co didnt even check the invitation letter), but we're some how confused. If we appeal can we even get the visa without appearing for the interview or will it make it faster in anyway. . . Abi its another style of wasting time. She got denied because she's nt travelled out of the country b4.

Appeal USA visa? Mba, you re-apply ni ooo

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
suxes2005:

Since you want to go and visit them, their
consent must be seeked and it must be made
known through I.V sent to you,

SHALOM

Thanks man. I'll go get the IVs.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
Mentuzza:

Thanks man. I'll go get the IVs.

Aight ,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2011
Be careful when choosing your date of interview
And make sure you have your iv or know the date
of your travel before you schedule your interview

SHALOM

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2011
suxes2005:

Be careful when choosing your date of interview

SHALOM
Thanks for the warning though, but I dont exactly understand what it means.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
If you intend to travel by end of March and you have
picked a date but the iv or other vital documents are
not with you it might cause wahala. make sure you
get your iv first before booking a date

SHALOM

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2011
@suxes2005, please respond to this

At the moment, my salary is abt N120k per month, this amount is paid into our account which is Savings Account. Will this amount qualify for a favourable consideration by the embassy and will they accept a Savings Account bank statement when I apply?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2011
Kayraph:

@suxes2005, please respond to this

At the moment, my salary is abt N120k per month, this amount is paid into our account which is Savings Account. Will this amount qualify for a favourable consideration by the embassy and will they accept a Savings Account bank statement when I apply?

Thanks

USA embassy is kinda one of the best embassies , its luck though
Yes you can use it and it doenst matter either savings or not

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mentuzza(m): 12:09am On Mar 09, 2011
suxes2005:

If you intend to travel by end of March and you have
picked a date but the iv or other vital documents are
not with you it might cause wahala. make sure you
get your iv first before booking a date

SHALOM
Yeah. That makes some sense. Gracias
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2011
Mentuzza:

Yeah. That makes some sense. Gracias

Yup Boss , so lemme know if you need more info

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tanyaneeds(f): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
watch out.conference?lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
peterpath please stop this here and open a new
thread for yourself man

@all, more questions are welcomed. I have someone
going for interview on April 4th and i will post the outcome
here,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by nykee(f): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Suxes2005.I got an invitation from my brother to visit him,and I also got an invitation to attend a conference.can I go with the two iv's?pls reply.tnx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
@suxes2005 hi, my appointment date is for the first week in April. For the past 3 months I have not had a dime in my account ( it's reading 0) even though there was some form of cash flow in November/ December. My dad has agreed to be a co sponsor and I don't officially receive a salary I.e it's not paid into my account. I just get a cheque for it sometimes cash. My dilemma is that is it ok to still present the account statement like that even though I'll also be going with my dad's documents?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
nykee:

@ Suxes2005.I got an invitation from my brother to visit him,and I also got an invitation to attend a conference.can I go with the two iv's?pls reply.tnx

I will advice you to choose one
If your bro is ok then choose his and
if its the hotel (esp paid) then use it

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2011
yvy1:

@suxes2005 hi, my appointment date is for the first week in April. For the past 3 months I have not had a dime in my account ( it's reading 0) even though there was some form of cash flow in November/ December. My dad has agreed to be a co sponsor and I don't officially receive a salary I.e it's not paid into my account. I just get a cheque for it sometimes cash. My dilemma is that is it ok to still present the account statement like that even though I'll also be going with my dad's documents?

What category of visa are you going for?
Your age matters as well

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
Visitor's visa, first timer, age29
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 1:14am On Mar 23, 2011
yvy1:

Visitor's visa, first timer, age29

Have you filled the form? What did you say is your occupation
on the form?

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2011
Admin officer
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^
Means you are working and your salary is suppose
to reflect on the statement then considering your age
as well,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2011
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
you welcome bro, lemme know
what you come up with then

SHALOM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.