Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059544 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
omobabe1: hi nairalanders, a very big thank you to tzetzefly for the big contribution you directions you gave concerning my friends
us appointent date issue,i has schedule appointment went for interview last week three days b4 the US church convention
he was given 2years multiple b1/b2.
please tzetzefly my friend cannot attend the conference again
my question is.how soon can he use the visa for tourism or can he use it for another conference?
and also in the visa they wrote annotation please what is the meaning of this?

An annotation is embossed on a visa to show the CBP officer why you're present in the States. It's like an answer already for a CBP officer.

What is annotated on your visa?

Meanwhile, you should be fine for a future visit. Tell the CBP officer
the truth about your situation and you will usually be let in.

Make it clear you are visiting the USA for tourism and not for other purposes.

Be ready, you'd be asked to show hotel reservation, sufficient funds; a return ticket and an idea on what you'd be doing during your vacation in the States.

Travel plans does change for most travellers. Make sure your reason for travel is convincing.

No need for worries though.
Good luck!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hi TZETZEFLY, Me and my wifey was denied us visa 4yrs ago and we want to re apply now but the problem is we cant remember the occupation we filled on our form.

An agent help us out then and refused to tell me what he filled in for us then,

Can i just fill our present occupation alone cos they ask for 5yrs occupation in the form. Hope the VO wont ask for previous job

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayoolaade: Hi TZETZEFLY, Me and my wifey was denied us visa 4yrs ago and we want to re apply now but the problem is we cant remember the occupation we filled on our form.

An agent help us out then and refused to tell me what he filled in for us then,

Can i just fill our present occupation alone cos they ask for 5yrs occupation in the form. Hope the VO wont ask for previous job

Thanks

Fill your current occupations now and during your interview, tell the CO the truth about your previous application and agent's action.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
tzetzefly:

Fill your current occupations now and tell the CO the truth during your interview about your previous application and agent's action.

@TZETZEFLY..I hope this will not be another refusal..that I lied about my job in first interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omobabe1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
thank you tzetzefly it is my friend not me.
may God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayoolaade:

@TZETZEFLY..I hope this will not be another refusal..that I lied about my job in first interview

Were you asked about your job profile in your first interview?

If yes, then it brings up a whole new dimension to the matter. Another VO can be favourable to leniency.

My word, be straight and upfront with the truth.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2014
No question about my job profile in my first interview, the VO just asked about my student profile in Uk

tzetzefly:

If yes, then it brings up a whole new dimension to the matter. Another VO can be favourable to leniency.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dear all,

Let me also give back as i have benefited immensely also. I hope someone can pick a thing or two from my experience.

I had earlier gone alone for interview and was denied. The lady asked me what my purpose of goin to the US was which i said was to have my baby. Then she asked if i was married, what i do and where i work, what my husband does, do i have children and then denied me. No docs checked. So we decided to try again and applied together. We went for the Visa interview on 3rd of July and we were granted. The transcript is as follows;

VO: i'm gonna take your fingerprints starting with you sir (my hubby). Your turn maam. You are going to Phoenix, Arizona maam?
Me: Yes i am
VO: what for
Me: To have my baby
VO: How many months pregnant are you?
Me: 6 months
VO: How come you didn't declare that when you were here for your last interview?
Me: (very shocked). I did mention it. I even mentioned it in my form (i mentioned this in the space provided when asked if you have been denied a visa before). My husband also chipped in that i did mention it.
VO: What do you do sir? My husband responds with where he works and his responsibilities
VO: Do you have any correspondence with a doctor in the united states and description of costs?
Me: Yes pls (then i get my appointment confirmation from MIHS and page 4 of the maternity agreement which contains the description of charges)
VO: Where is the rest of this document? This is only page 4. Where is page 1 and the rest of it. (i remember someone on nairaland got denied wen she showed a VO the entire maternity agreement with the VO saying that contracts in US aren't what they seemed, so i didnt bother printing the entire document. And since they are never patient to read docs.)
Me: Its an agreement with many pages, that is the page with the description of charges
VO: I need something with a letter head
***All this time, He wasnt talking calmly o.
Luckily for me i had page 1 of the agreement which i had printed earlier and attached to page 4. But i detached it when i read that lady's story. But it was still in the folder. So i quickly brought it out and handed it to him.
VO: OK. Looked at it and said this is relatively cheap. So how much have you budgeted for this trip? My husband replied saying 9500 USD
Me: We have a budget spreadsheet with the cost breakdown. i quickly slipped it to him.
VO: I don't see accommodation here.
Me: its in the cost breakdown. He kept saying i don't see it, its not there. As i didnt want to talk too much na, i brought out my extended stay reservation and slipped it to him and said its on the spreadsheet, 1279 USD
VO: ok. So you'd need about 10,000 USD which is way higher that what most people earn here in Nigeria
My hubby and i: We both earn well. i said hw much i earned and my hubby followed suit. Then hubby said our combined income in Naira and den i followed suit saying the dollar equivalent.
VO: He picked up each of our passports and flipped thru. Did you both go to the UK together?
Hubby and i: No we went separately
me: But we both travelled to dubai on our honeymoon (i said that just in case his question was to see if we had travelled outside the country together before)
VO: Ok, so how long are you staying?
Hubby: she would be staying for 2 months and i would be staying for just 2 weeks
VO: OK, your visas have been approved. Please make sure you take all your documents with you as getting the visa is just the first phase. You'd likely be interviewed like this at the POE because you are visible pregnant. Pick up your visas at this location. grin

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lammy2rule(m): 2:16am On Jul 13, 2014
WOW Nice Job @tzetzefly You have been a blessing on this forum.

Here is my story, I am planning on going for about 16days Vacation along with my uncle(we are not related, But i reside with him and he has a valid visiting visa and gone so many times)

We are both going for fun, sight seeing, etc. He is sponsoring the entire trip(over 10Million in account)

I have a good job, N355k Monthly, leave has been approved for September, been working with them for 13months, my total work experience is 3years. Only traveled to Cote D'ivoir once (Returned same day by Road)

We intend staying in a hotel but separate rooms at Washington DC and and also visit another state.

What are my chances, is there any loophole i should be aware of, also what other advice would you give.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
babbs45:

To get a better advice, why don't you share your interview transcripts for both visits to the embassy. Questions you were asked and how you answered them.
Also you can ask your question here
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure.

i know abt d link that was forwarded but that is not th link am looking at for now what we would be applying for will visit not child birth i just need to know if what i explained will affect our application come January 2014 God willing. I did not give a false information about myself or what i intend doing in the states, i have no cause to move over to US by false
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
I intend going to the US on the 9th of august to attend my cousin's wedding and the earliest appointment time was given to me on 7th august. I am finding it difficult to reschedule, what do I do?I have no intention of staying in the US because I never had it in mind to do so.I am just opportune to go and I was invited as well. I completed my application on the 3rd of July.

Secondly, can I be granted visa after the date of the event? I will be very grateful if you reply me, so that I know my next line of action.Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lammy2rule(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
WOW Nice Job @tzetzefly You have been a blessing on this forum.

Here is my story, I am planning on going for about 16days Vacation along with my uncle(we are not related, But i reside with him and he has a valid visiting visa and gone so many times)

We are both going for fun, sight seeing, etc. He is sponsoring the entire trip(over 10Million in account)

I have a good job, N355k Monthly, leave has been approved for September, been working with them for 13months, my total work experience is 3years. Only traveled to Cote D'ivoir once (Returned same day by Road)

We intend staying in a hotel but separate rooms at Washington DC and and also visit another state.

What are my chances, is there any loophole i should be aware of, also what other advice would you give.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
lammy2rule: WOW Nice Job @tzetzefly You have been a blessing on this forum.

Each applicant is assessed separately. Your uncle's application cannot help yours (you're not his child and dependant).

Tourism requires a previous travel experience in majority of cases, but it is not an end in itself.

You need a convincing proof that you have ties to Nigeria which you intend to return to.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooso(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
hi good people of nairaland and the gurus in the house please i want you to help in solving my own matter,i got us niv visa last 2 months for church convention but i was on able to go due to some issue.now i want to visit US this October and my port of entry was Washington but now i want to enter true New York as tourist,hope this wont work against me at the port of entry?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Omooso: hi good people of nairaland and the gurus in the house please i want you to help in solving my own matter,i got us niv visa last 2 months for church convention but i was on able to go due to some issue.now i want to visit US this October and my port of entry was Washington but now i want to enter true New York as tourist,hope this wont work against me at the port of entry?

You will need to convince the CBP officer on why you did not attend the church convention being the first purpose for which the visa was issued.

Secondly, you must have proof of funds to spend, confirmed accomodation, return ticket and tourist locations to visit.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sacluxpaint: I intend going to the US on the 9th of august to attend my cousin's wedding and the earliest appointment time was given to me on 7th august. I am finding it difficult to reschedule, what do I do?I have no intention of staying in the US because I never had it in mind to do so.I am just opportune to go and I was invited as well. I completed my application on the 3rd of July.

Secondly, can I be granted visa after the date of the event? I will be very grateful if you reply me, so that I know my next line of action.Thanks.

For an expedited action on interview slots, contact a customer care representative on this helpline:

+23414406298
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 3sha4lyf: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
tzetzefly:

You will need to convince the CBP officer on why you did not attend the church convention being the first purpose for which the visa was issued.

Secondly, you must have proof of funds to spend, confirmed accomodation, return ticket and tourist locations to visit.

Not really... It's a B1/B2 multiple visa (I'm assuming) and as such can be used for either of them purposes.

Omooso: hi good people of nairaland and the gurus in the house please i want you to help in solving my own matter,i got us niv visa last 2 months for church convention but i was on able to go due to some issue.now i want to visit US this October and my port of entry was Washington but now i want to enter true New York as tourist, hope this wont work against me at the port of entry?

I don't see any reason why it should. I got mine and didn't use it for more than a year, not even for the conference I was to attend initially. When I eventually traveled, I was asked the normal "what are u here for/how long are u staying for" question and granted leave to remain for 6 months.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mrbamo(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
I am asking because I want to know and I cant afford to fail or raise a false hope. ASK AND U SHALL BE TOLD!!!

MR B
Re: Usa Visit Visa by x2lambo(m): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
House i will like to know if anyone in the house who has apply for US visa from south Africa with Nigeria passport , i intend to apply for a us visiting visa from south Africa with my Nigeria passport a friend said i will have to travel to Nigeria for interview i just want to know how sure can this be

please expert in the house help a brother

THANKS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

For an expedited action on interview slots, contact a customer care representative on this helpline:

+23414406298

Thanks tztfly, but the number is not going through.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

Thanks tztfly, but the number is not going through.

Keep trying, you'll get through after a while...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2014
Tzetzefly, wanna ask I recently got a ministerial training in a bible college in the usa,they don't use toefl as a requirement,but I don't know if its a prerequisite during the interview. Pls kindly advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

Keep trying, you'll get through after a while...

But can visa be granted after the event?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Pls has anyone used the drop box successfully on this thread? Pls would love to hear from you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
meggy11: Pls has anyone used the drop box successfully on this thread? Pls would love to hear from you.

A lot of people have and successfully at that...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sacluxpaint:

But can visa be granted after the event?

It can be granted as the case demands. This situation depend on the interviewing CO.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
superfavour: Tzetzefly, wanna ask I recently got a ministerial training in a bible college in the usa,they don't use toefl as a requirement,but I don't know if its a prerequisite during the interview. Pls kindly advice.

It isn't, being that your visa category is not F-1.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
x2lambo: House i will like to know if anyone in the house who has apply for US visa from south Africa with Nigeria passport , i intend to apply for a us visiting visa from south Africa with my Nigeria passport a friend said i will have to travel to Nigeria for interview i just want to know how sure can this be

please expert in the house help a brother

THANKS

If you're not a resident in South Africa, then this is impossible...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
mrbamo: Hello,

This is my first time to use this platform and I hope to get some good help from here. I am a Nigerian, I am studying in China, myself and my classmate (Nigerian) would like to attend an academic conference at a school in USA where we wish to present our paper at the event (our abstract has been approved by the organizers). The questions are;

1) Do we need to go back to Nigeria to apply or we can apply here in China?

2) I could remember that I applied for F-1 visa in 2010, Yes! I applied in China but I was denied on the ground that I have no social background. Do you think this may have any effect on the next application? Even though I cant remember any of those information I filled in the old DS156 then, That Biometric thing should still be there.

3) What supporting documents do you think would be of help? I am a genuine traveler and I have visited a number of countries before now. Been to my Nigeria twice in the last two years too.

I am asking because I want to know and I cant afford to fail or raise a false hope. ASK AND U SHALL BE TOLD!!!

MR B

How come you applied for an F-1visa from China? That was very wrong but not a redflag either.

If you have a resident permit and an authorisation to stay in China, then you can apply from Beijing.

Afterall, you are only going for a conference with an approved abstract already in place.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
tzetzefly:
It isn't, being that your visa category is not F-1.
Thanks tzetzefly, I think its an M1 visa category.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

@TZETZEFLY , please i really need to talk to you, very urgent bro, plsssssssssssssssss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 5:32am On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=tzetzefly]

A lot of people have and successfully at that...[/quote

Oh really? I called d embassy to throw more lyt on d process and I was told I have to go to the embasy where d visa was issued to drop it and I have to go in person.so that means I will still travel and it kept me wondering y it is called a drop box? So I wanted to knw how the successful ones did theirs cos dunno if I didn't hear dat oyibo woman's english well. I'd like successful ones or anyone that is familiar to this issue to clarify me on this pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.