Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059595 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Solo84(m): 7:29am On Mar 05, 2015
wink
muahhhhh:
I have been a silent follower of nairaland using this USA tourist thread most of the time.......My visa just got approved yesterday at the abuja embassy at 9.00am appointment........here is my transcript..............
VO: Good morning
Me: goodmorning
VO: Where are u going in usa?
Me: New Jersey
VO: Why are u going there?
Me: Am going on vacation and also to visit my sister in law
VO: How long has your sister in law been there?
Me: More than 10yrs
VO: Is she an american citizen?
Me: Yes
VO: How did she get her citizenship?
Me: Through her husband
VO: Who is sponsoring ur trip?
Me: My husband
VO: How long have u been married
Me: since 2013
VO: Do u have a kids?
Me: Yes a kid
VO: How old is d child
Me: 2 yrs and 7 months
VO: A boy or a girl
Me: A girl
VO: How much do u earn?
Me: told her
VO: How much does ur husband earn?
Me: told her
VO: Have u traveled before?
Me: No because av never had d time or a genuine reason to travel until now(remembered dis from reading the thread)
VO: Are u traveling with your family?
Me; No
VO: Who will take care of your baby?
Me: My mum and mother in law stays with us......
All the while, she only looks up to ask me questions, she was always typing something on her system and she never really smiled but to the glory of God she passed me d white paper and said u can come and pick up on Friday... ..she did not check any of my document but she tackle me no be small.
Nairaland really helped me out and am sure the favour of God too. This particular lady that interviewed me really denied people but I bless God. I also wish other nairalanders goodluck

Congrats there @muahhh. do have a save trip.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Raahym(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2015
@shinejackie,

Appreciate your contribution the comforting words. In the form as scanned to the thread, it states i cannot send any documents to them thats why the *other* option was asterisk. They however, took my invitation letter and a letter from my office stating my employers support for the trip.

I am beliving in God though!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 05, 2015
Raahym:
@shinejackie,

Appreciate your contribution the comforting words. In the form as scanned to the thread, it states i cannot send any documents to them thats why the *other* option was asterisk. They however, took my invitation letter and a letter from my office stating my employers support for the trip.

I am beliving in God though!

No worries... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
You are on AP - Administrative Processing. It could take weeks or months for you to be processed. It means embassy is investigating you. You would have to wait for the outcome.

My advice - if you're refused eventually (I don't pray so), next time you apply at the embassy, request from the VO for a Waiver of Inadmissibility. If you are eligible that is.

Best of luck.

Raahym:
Hello Justwise and other GURUS,

With utmost respect and appreciation i seek your assistance in shedding more light to my situation on the subject matter (Section 221(g) of the United State Immigration act and as it affects my application. I am a married man with a 5 year old girl child. I applied for a US student visa on 2002 and was refused (God knows i have forggotten why) and since that time i have never attempted any visa until 2009 when i got an offer of employment from a sport management firm in SA and i moved there then later took my wife and child with me in 2011. We travelled to the UK in 2013. We tried applying for a US Visa Visa in 2013 and 2014 as tourist but we were refused do to loss of memory on my side as i did forgot to mention that i was refused in 2002 and this counted against us in 2013 and 2014 i suppose.

Later, I got a Schengen Visa to attend an IT conference in Poland which also gave birth to our securing another Schengen Visa for my Family to visit France for the 2014 December holidays to resume work in January 2015.

Without further Ado, i was approved from work to attend a conference in the United Kingdom on IT and i applied alone again for the US visa only to be given a blue form (Form 221(g) herewith attached) that i will be called upon that further verification/investigations needed to be done on my case and this makes me so concerned as i do not know what this really means.

Please i implore you to further explain as to what and why this might be happening in my case and what outcome should i expect. The form is attached.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 06, 2015
Tzetzefly where have you been? Why you blank out? Abeg come back o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Good am every body,please I intend to visit state come may,2015 and I have two things to do,one vacation and to see my shipping agent, I don't know maybe you have ideal about the usa address we african always use to buy from usa,thats what I mean by shipping agent in which I have an item to pick or bring back home(Nigeria ) in that my shop. Please advise me on where to say I am going and to do what among the two when filling my D160 form. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2015
bornequally:
Good am every body,please I intend to visit state come may,2015 and I have two things to do,one vacation and to see my shipping agent, I don't know maybe you have ideal about the usa address we african always use to buy from usa,thats what I mean by shipping agent in which I have an item to pick or bring back home(Nigeria ) in that my shop. Please advise me on where to say I am going and to do what among the two when filling my D160 form. Thanks.
1. I have already answered your question
2. Read back the pages on this thread.
Your scenario has been treated. Saying you are shipping anything is a no go area and you will be bounced
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukolacole(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2015
Please urgent reply needed, could visa be turned down after you have been congratulated by the man or woman that interviewed for any reason? Because we went for our interview two weeks ago, but we do not have a valid police certificate, so he told us to submit at the DHL office at VI, we did and it was confirmed we have submitted it, but later got a call from him that one of us should come to the Embassy today, please am really not myself, please what could be happening?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2015
bukolacole:
Please urgent reply needed, could visa be turned down after you have been congratulated by the man or woman that interviewed for any reason? Because we went for our interview two weeks ago, but we do not have a valid police certificate, so he told us to submit at the DHL office at VI, we did and it was confirmed we have submitted it, but later got a call from him that one of us should come to the Embassy today, please am really not myself, please what could be happening?
you have to go and hear what they have to say, anything can happen but be hopeful that nothing negative will happen, God is your strength
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukolacole(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2015
chloe7:
you have to go and hear what they have to say, anything can happen but be hopeful that nothing negative will happen, God is your strength
. Yeah, it has happened, it has been turned down on the ground that one of us
, our step mother has appeared before, her picture and finger print were shown to her, my problem now is, it should be her alone and not all of us, am confused, sad mode.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
bukolacole:
. Yeah, it has happened, it has been turned down on the ground that one of us
, our step mother has appeared before, her picture and finger print were shown to her, my problem now is, it should be her alone and not all of us, am confused, sad mode.
eeyyaa i'm so sorry about this, please if you don't mind could you give a deeper insight into the situation so everyone here can know what advice to give you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
chloe7:
eeyyaa i'm so sorry about this, please if you don't mind could you give a deeper insight into the situation so everyone here can know what advice to give you.

well said Chloe. I dnt fully grasp ur situation. Pls calm down and explain k?

#GodWin# 100dollarbills
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukolacole(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
chloe7:
. Thanks, the issue is, she has appeared at the embassy before which she did not indicate in her new application, she was shown her picture, finger print, date of birth she used then and the name she used then, but she as been given a waiver form and have been made clear that it does not affect my sibling and I, we can mail them to further process the other cases if we like or wait for her. My question now is how along does the waiver issue takes, and will she have to apply for another application or this present case will be issued the Visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smartearn(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good afternoon fellow nairalanders,a friend of mine just came from the embassy in abuja and was denied of visa .He transcript go as this VO :good morning ans :good morning VO where are you going ans . Maryland VO :for what ans :for tourism and vacation VO: what do you do ans : i am a banker VO:which bank ans: fcmb VO:have you travelled before
ans:no
VO: are you married ans: yes VO: how many kids ans : 2 sorry we can not issued you any visa may be later in future.bye

gurus in the house what can possibly happen .any advice thanks in advance .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
smartearn:
Good afternoon fellow nairalanders,a friend of mine just came from the embassy in abuja and was denied of visa .He transcript go as this VO :good morning ans :good morning VO where are you going ans . Maryland VO :for what ans :for tourism and vacation VO: what do you do ans : i am a banker VO:which bank ans: fcmb VO:have you travelled before
VO: are you married ans: yes VO: how many kids ans : 2 sorry we can not issued you any visa may be later in future.bye

Per the transcript, Get travel experience before reapplying and travel with family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks for ur good advice,but in the DS160 form they wrote(usa point of contact information),pls what we i write as i don't have anybody. What is meaning of passport book number.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
chloe7:
Tzetzefly where have you been? Why you blank out? Abeg come back o

@chloe, i can understand that you and your good friends have been really active and helpful here. I do try to pop in at one time or another just to see if i can be of assistance.

Sincerely, you guys have been great on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
smartearn:

Apply again, this time, with ur entire Family. They appreciate family trip and stuffs like that. Take my advice and thank me later. But pls, let some time pass to dislodge desperation k??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
bornequally:
Thanks for ur good advice,but in the DS160 form they wrote(usa point of contact information),pls what we i write as i don't have anybody. What is meaning of passport book number.
Point of contact:Either your hotel or person you are staying with
Passport book nos: For naija passport nil so click on the apprioprate place to grade it out
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 100dollarbills(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
fredoricko:

well said Chloe. I dnt fully grasp ur situation. Pls calm down and explain k?

#GodWin# 100dollarbills

grin

#Warrinodeycarrylast#teamsuccess#march4visa#operationluckybird#dempapa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
tzetzefly:

@chloe, i can understand that you and your good friends have been really active and helpful here. I do try to pop in at one time or another just to see if i can be of assistance.

Sincerely, you guys have been great on this forum.
thanks man please do try to be more regular abeg ;d you did a pretty good job when you were regular too and you are still doing a good job
Re: Usa Visit Visa by celosia: 9:32am On Mar 07, 2015
Hello all, had my interview this Tuesday 3rd of march at 7am. And thanks to God and your wonderful contributions here.it was succesful. I must say this thread was really helpful to me. Below is my transcript
Vo. Good morning
me. Good morning
vo. Why are u going to the usa
me. For tourism
vo. Where would u be staying
me. Stated the name of the hotel
vo. Why newyork
me . Cos the tourist attractions I am interested in are there (got this from here)
vo. (Flips through my passport) how many times have u been to the Uk
me. 4 times
vo. Who do you know in the uk
me. My uncle
vo. So u dont know anyone in the us, not even friends?
me . (was almost tempted to say I do but stuck with what I filled) I said no
vo. What do you do
me. I work with xyz bank
Vo. What do u do for them
me. Explained
vo. How long have you worked for them
me. Started since ........
vo. Are you married
me. No
vo.do you have any fiance or husband in the usa
me. No
vo. Are you going to seek medical care in the usa
me. No
vo. Do you have any kids
me. No
vo . Where do your parents stay
me. Lagos here.
vo. Typing vigorously and finally hands me the magic white paper and says your visas been approved pick up in 2 days.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2015
celosia:
Hello all, had my interview this Tuesday 3rd of march at 7am. And thanks to God and your wonderful contributions here.it was succesful. I must say this thread was really helpful to me. Below is my transcript
Vo. Good morning
me. Good morning
me. For tourism
vo. Why newyork
me . Cos the tourist attractions I am interested in are there (got this from here)
me. 4 times
me. My uncle
vo. What do you do
me. I work with xyz bank
me. Explained
vo. Are you married
me. No
me. No
me. No
vo. Do you have any kids
me. No
me. Lagos here.
vo. Typing vigorously and finally hands me the magic white paper and says your visas been approved pick up in 2 days.

Congratulations sir/ma, and have a nice trip. But this transcript is kind of technical (VO's questions). Pls buy me a white kid when coming ogrin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2015
celosia:
Vo. Good morning
me. Good morning
me. For tourism
vo. Why newyork
me. 4 times
me. My uncle
vo. What do you do
me. I work with xyz bank
me. Explained
vo. Are you married
me. No
me. No
me. No
vo. Do you have any kids
me. No
me. Lagos here.

Congrats, which of the consulate? Lagos or Abuja??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2015
fredoricko:

Congrats, which of the consulate? Lagos or Abuja??
Also how long have you worked? Please I humbly beg, can the posters be as detailed as possible without giving out d name of your company or name? This helps put the interview in perspective for other folks applying. For egs a banker applied the other day and was denied. The full details will help us understand the reasoning. God bless
Thanks a mil.
Congrats on ur visa

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Also how long have you worked? Please I humbly beg, can the posters be as detailed as possible without giving out d name of your company or name? This helps put the interview in perspective for other folks applying. For egs a banker applied the other day and was denied. The full details will help us understand the reasoning. God bless
Thanks a mil.
Congrats on ur visa

Exactly ooo, LadyG, revealing ur work xperience doesn't compromise ur privacy k??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 07, 2015
LadyG, u still vnt told us how u got urs oooooo. I wanna knw ooo
And I read somewhere else that changing consulate while reapplying isnt a good idea
na true??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 07, 2015
fredoricko:
LadyG, u still vnt told us how u got urs oooooo. I wanna knw ooo
And I read somewhere else that changing consulate while reapplying isnt a good idea
na true??
well I won't say it is a lie or it is true but there are many people who got refused twice in Lagos and ignored the 90 days wait and went ahead to abuja and got the visa, but have in mind that what worked for them might not work for you so in this type of issue you follow your heart abi na mind
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2015
Kindly advice me pls . I have a valid visa to the US, I am married with 2 kids, ages 3 and 5. Myself , my wife and kids are desiring to visit the US for a wedding where we are all invited.
Already I have a valid visa, and now my 2 kids and wife will need to apply.
Will it be easy for my wife and kids to be granted visas, or my wife alone to apply and our kids as tie back home ?
Pls advice me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 07, 2015
tayoamos:
Kindly advice me pls . I have a valid visa to the US, I am married with 2 kids, ages 3 and 5. Myself , my wife and kids are desiring to visit the US for a wedding where we are all invited.
Already I have a valid visa, and now my 2 kids and wife will need to apply.
Will it be easy for my wife and kids to be granted visas, or my wife alone to apply and our kids as tie back home ?
Pls advice me

Apply as a Family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2015
chloe7:
well I won't say it is a lie or it is true but there are many people who got refused twice in Lagos and ignored the 90 days wait and went ahead to abuja and got the visa, but have in mind that what worked for them might not work for you so in this type of issue you follow your heart abi na mind

**smiles***
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 12:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
fredoricko:

Apply as a Family.

Why do you advise him to do that without asking if he has ever gone on a trip with his wife and kids before?

You think they don't deny family applications?

Hmmmm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.