Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059435 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
justwise:

Do you think that every student studying abroad can afford to travel? Student visa does not really give you a tie to that country especially when you are studying in Europe or Asia and want to visit US.

I think a student visa should be a tie now, because for example a student from Nigeria who studies in the Uk and wants to visit the us isn't such a bad idea, why does that student have to come all the way from the uk to Naija to apply is what I don't get, I know of some people that it has worked for and they got visa while studying and I know of some that it hasn't worked for, why is it so dicey?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
chloe7:
I think a student visa should be a tie now, because for example a student from Nigeria who studies in the Uk and wants to visit the us isn't such a bad idea, why does that student have to come all the way from the uk to Naija to apply is what I don't get, I know of some people that it has worked for and they got visa while studying and I know of some that it hasn't worked for, why is it so dicey?

For the same reason why one unmarried man going to commit things with bae grin gets while another man, married under the law gets denied with wifey
They put you under an invisible microscope and incvisible scale and judge if this guy will return or not after his stay.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by parlevu(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere pls can u assist wit any number to contact d American consular cos GTBank can't edit d transaction.
God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
chloe7:

Not everyone holding student visa is a genuine student. If you are a student surviving on maintenance money do you think that it makes any sense to issue a visa to visit US? Student visa is not a tie to that country because it carries expiring date. And in the case of deportation you will not be deported to the UK but to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by baldman: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hello House, Ithought this might help someone. I just got denied

VO:Good morning
me: Good morning ma'am (passed my passport)
VO: Where in the United States are you going?
Me: Newyork
VO: Why are you going to Newyork ( Wasn't really paying attention)
Me: Visiting my sister's family moreover my Dad has requested to see me..he is just recovered from an ailment ( this is the truth indicated on IV)
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me: No, I have not had to travel out
VO: Are you married?
Me: Still single
VO: Who is sponsoring you
Me: I am sponsoring myself
VO: How much do you earn
Me: 220k
VO: Do you have any other relative in the US
Me: My mum lives in the US too.
VO: Where in the US?
VO: (Types a bit more and hands me the dreaded blue paper) I am sorry you have not met the requirement for the grant of a tourist visa.
Me: With the hard face I have kept all along... just took the papers and moved out of the room..

I do not really want to start guessing what went wrong because she appeared quite sympathetic for turning me down... but that is just my brief observation...Hints on what to do differently if I want to try again during my next vacation is welcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

For the same reason why one unmarried man going to commit things with bae grin gets while another man, married under the law gets denied with wifey
They put you under an invisible microscope and incvisible scale and judge if this guy will return or not after his stay.
of course we know the one most likely not to return is the unmarried one going to commit things with bae grin grin grin I tire for these v.o's in the us embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
baldman:

Me: Visiting my sister's family moreover my Dad has requested to see me..he is just recovered from an ailment ( this is the truth indicated on IV)
VO: (Types a bit more and hands me the dreaded blue paper) I am sorry you have not met the requirement for the grant of a tourist visa.
Me: With the hard face I have kept all along... just took the papers and moved out of the room..

I do not really want to start guessing what went wrong because she appeared quite sympathetic for turning me down... but that is just my brief observation...Hints on what to do differently if I want to try again during my next vacation is welcome

Dont be sad...denial is not death sentence,anytime you wish you can reapply and that day may be your lucky day with a good visa officer..there was nothing wrong with all you answered ...cos i dont want to hear someone say its because you are not married and because you have people over there...they have given to single with less than your salary...cheer up..after all na your money you wan still go spend.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
justwise:

Not everyone holding student visa is a genuine student. If you are a student surviving on maintenance money do you think that it makes any sense to issue a visa to visit US? Student visa is not a tie to that country because it carries expiring date. And in the case of deportation you will not be deported to the UK but to Nigeria.
well, you have a valid point there, but why is the denial not usual uniform because despite all these some people are still granted the visa, I just feel the decision of the mind plays a large role in granting visas instead of the so called ties they are always emphasizing
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
baldman the reason for denial is simply that your both parents and sister and family are in America, so if you go she thinks you will not come back, if you were married with a family already she might have let you through but you can try again if you want to and let your case be reviewed by another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
Baldman, your matter is str8forward
1. You are unmarried- No tie
2. Your pale de NY-Serious tie to US
3. Your Momsi kuky de NY- another serious tie to the US
Speaking as the VO now 'abeg wetin go motivate this young hustler to leave the land of the free and the home of the brave when Naija no even get Nepa to work 24 hours and DSTV de increase per month?'
Tips: demostrate u are reliable by visiting better countries and if your bae agree, put a ring on it grin then reapply.
Pele

@Parlevu, Chloe shared the nos like 3 pages back. I no get am here. Also if you ask google, the nos de pop up sharp sharp. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
gentleiphy:

Dont be sad...denial is not death sentence,anytime you wish you can reapply and that day may be your lucky day with a good visa officer..there was nothing wrong with all you answered ...cos i dont want to hear someone say its because you are not married and because you have people over there...they have given to single with less than your salary...cheer up..after all na your money you wan still go spend.

Like you mentioned above, I also think VOs deny visas based on their mood. The day I went, there were 3 cubicles 7,8 & 9. Cubicle 7 had one lady with a very straight face, in my presence she denied virtually everyone she interviewed.
My people, I had to resort to praying for favour and not to be interviewed by her. Just 3 more people before me, the lady left her cubicle and didn't return till I had been interviewed and gotten my visa.

Let's all do our best, be honest in all our responses and pray for favour. My passport was virgin, I have never even crossed cotonou let alone Ghana as I have never tried this whole traveling out thing. This was my first ever visa application and fiam! 2yrs.

@gentleiphy, please try again, am sure u will get it. Pray for favour and go relaxed.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by anfanio: 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
baldman:

Lack of information, with your parents in the US you don't need a visitor visa, either of them can file for you and by your next vacation you should be ready to go, except if your parents are not in 'status'.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pretty16(f): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
baldman:

@ Baldman, sorry for the denial. But since your folks lives in the U.S, Do u have a pending immigrant application? I.e, did your parents file for you, cos I heard they hardly give applicants with pending immigrant cases, cos they assume u might not come back.
I have a pending immigrant case. I applied for visiting visa in 2012 but was denied. Since then I didn't even bother myself, when I heard it's difficult for applicants with pending immigrant cases to get a B1/B2 Visa.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by chuksmoney: 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
spykid014:

Dear Chuks, you are not alone in this. The US Consulate is having issues with their computers worldwide. So they are having delays printing visas and all... They issued a statement on this earlier.
So chill, they will let you know when it's ready. Mine is still at the Embassy for a week now, so worry not!

Hello Spykid014 thanks for the information. I will wait patiently... Any new info please update me... I appreciate your help.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jatsay001: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please someone should help me. I scheduled my VISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT with my old DS-160 confirmation number, instead of retrieve, fill the new application and get new number...... Now I just retrieved from old and complete my DS-160. They gave me another DS-160 confirmation number which is different from the one I used to schedule visa appointment..

I tried to edit my profile on appointment page with new DS-160 confirmation number BUT the page was not going.... Please my interview is next week, can I go with the old confirmation page number or new confirmation page number

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT... PLEASE HELP ME
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
jatsay001:
Please someone should help me. I scheduled my VISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT with my old DS-160 confirmation number, instead of retrieve, fill the new application and get new number...... Now I just retrieved from old and complete my DS-160. They gave me another DS-160 confirmation number which is different from the one I used to schedule visa appointment..

I tried to edit my profile on appointment page with new DS-160 confirmation number BUT the page was not going.... Please my interview is next week, can I go with the old confirmation page number or new confirmation page number

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT... PLEASE HELP ME
There are issues that only d embassy can solve. This is one of them. They will sort u out. Call them for a swap. For d nos, read back like 2 pages or ask google.
Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by baldman: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
anfanio:

Lack of information, with your parents in the US you don't need a visitor visa, either of them can file for you and by your next vacation you should be ready to go, except if your parents are not in 'status'.

Thanks everyone for your kind words... I am not interested in overstaying in the US, I am doing alright here by the grace of God. @ Anfanio. I think you are the one that may be lacking information here, although my parents are in status... its definitely going to take way more than five years if I request that they file for me. I am over 21 and definitely not going to remain single while the waiting last so that I will be given a VISA to the U.S. I will appreciate a reliable reference if you are still convinced you know more than I do. Thanks for your kind words again.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by anfanio: 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
baldman:

Thanks everyone for your kind words... I am not interested in overstaying in the US, I am doing alright here by the grace of God. @ Anfanio. I think you are the one that may be lacking information here, although my parents are in status... its definitely going to take way more than five years if I request that they file for me. I am over 21 and definitely not going to remain single while the waiting last so that I will be given a VISA to the U.S. I will appreciate a reliable reference if you are still convinced you know more than I do. Thanks for your kind words again.

Here are the facts from your posts:
You are over 21
You are single
Your parents live in US
Your parents are in status
You have been denied visa once
Your sister lives in the US
You earn 220k a month (the VO thought a year) anytime you are asked how much you earn; give per annum figure interviewer will ask for clarification if necessary.
Everything you said during interview proved ties to US instead of Nigeria

Your assumption of filing process taking more than 5 years is wrong and you can definitely get married. Now if you don't mind answering some personal questions in a public forum, I'll tell you what to do.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
dejdel:
Sorry gentleiphy,luck was not jxt on ur side...I read ur script line by line and I was able to pick out why the crazy vo denied you despite your strong ties,financial and travel histories. Here we go: U got it write from the start not until when it got to married for 6yrs plus with no kid!.He/She believes that,as at that time of your travel histories,things was going on fine between you and your wife,now that you guyz have been married for 6yrs with no child!,problems might have transpired between you and your wife at the moment and here you are trav elling. Strong indication is there for you to press p if u get along with a lady and mistakenly or deliberately impregnate her. These are just my own observations base on your script,I stand to be corrected.We are all here to share views. Goodluck to u on ur nxt application.

O boy... this your observation get as e be.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
chloe7:
Dearest mimibe and colored help a sister abeg, I still haven't been able to reschedule o, instead of me to find nearer date, the dates are even picking race, yesterday it was 14th today it's now 21st, but I still want to believe there are dates in between, those CGI people are only trying to play a fast one abi what is their problem sef!
sorry my dear. are u trying very late in d night
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 18, 2015
colored:
sorry my dear. are u trying very late in d night
I sleep early, I try very early in the morning or evenings.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 18, 2015
chloe7:
Chloe, where u able to get a date ? Because I can see 21st of july, I will advice u book for 21st for now
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 18, 2015
lovesavvi:
Hello Ma, av u be able to reshedule ur appointment, I suppose to av interview on last week wednesday bt I can't due to computer. error at d embassy nd we were told to go ndreschedule anoda appointment. I av been try to do dis bt is telling me invalid refrence numba nd d converence am goin for is very near, I don't knw wat to do nao.

How did u rectify the issue of the invalid receipt because am also facing the same problem ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovesavvi: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2015
[quote author=femi4wonders post=34880696]

How did u rectify the issue of the invalid receipt because am also facing the same problem ? [/quotestil on it oooo, I mailed d embassy nd dey replied me yesterday to send my scan copy of my international passport nd my appointment letter nd my receipt which I av send to dem bt still waiting for their reply

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 18, 2015
chloe7:

To say your visa application will be approved would be merely stating the obvious. Take your time, reapply, and you'll get it, k?

I've had problems logging into this forum.
Greetings to LadyG, Chloe, 100dollarbill, and y'all
#profisBack

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 18, 2015
femi4wonders:

Chloe, where u able to get a date ? Because I can see 21st of july, I will advice u book for 21st for now
it's 21st i'm only seeing now, I don't think I can reschedule once I choose 21st is my fear o, I don't want to dash them mrv fee for the third time, i'll rather take my time. I knew before you could schedule but now the whole thing has been made stiff plus I filled a new ds 160 and I still haven't got an email confirmation up till now, I might just end up using the previous ds 160 number
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Yayyyyaahhhh prof is back, welcome back prof fredoricko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2015
fredoricko:

To say your visa application will be approved would be merely stating the obvious. Take your time, reapply, and you'll get it, k?

I've had problems logging into this forum.
Greetings to LadyG, Chloe, 100dollarbill, and y'all
#profisBack
Yippee ya yoooo! Welcome back! Missed ya chil'!
Ah aha! U go cotonou to get travel history ? cheesy grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2015
Back to d thread... Been long since Oct 2012 wey Yankee no gree give me visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2015
@ chloe. If u really need the exact date u want. Then u must be ready to glue ur hand on ur PC for almost 24hrs daily.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.