Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059558 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=MallamYahaya post=38522802][/quote]

Does not mean they won't check if need be. Traving requires complete preparation, you never know which questions be throne at you. Yes there are standard questions but preparation from sponsorship to the last edge of paper work is the key. Them Q & A follows

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
MallamYahaya:

You can enter the US through any point of entry. The officials are aware that sometimes travellers take connecting flights. You can explain that you will be travelling by road or air to your destination and that you want some travelling experience

You meet an indifferent officer, you wouldn't be writing this. Visa gives you right to enter any point but having a final arrival in a different location is unnecessarily inviting when traveling first time. It is not illegal but can sometimes give nightmare if inspected by an officer that cares.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
AceMiss:

Thanks for this info. Please I am travelling to Denver, Colorado, is it possible for me to fly airkair since it lands in NY, and besides, I told the VO I was going to Colorado. Will I not encounter issues at the POE if I end up in NY through Arik ?
Thanks[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

This was exactly what happened to me last year, during the interview I said I was going to Chicago(the VO even asked if I was going direct to Chicago and I said YES) but when purchasing my ticket my travel agent routed it in a way that I arrived in New York but departure to Lagos was from Chicago. But to be truthful I was grilled a bit(i travelled with two friends and they were through in like 10 seconds but I stayed longer),mind you I wasn't asked why I changed to new york(maybe cos my ticket showed Chicago as my departure port).
I don't think you'd have issues but just have a good explanation ready. All the best

Pls what are exactly did they ask you. I wish to know because, it looks like going through NY is cheaper than going direct.
Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
I have tried to keep away from this poe debate but because my brother Dyke (and a fair nos of people) seem to be in a state of mild panic, I'll throw in my 2 kobo.
There are 2 possible scenarios. In ur interview u stated u were going to xyz state
1. U decide to go to xyz through abc poe. What is the crime in that? If you are asked why are u coming through abc. The answer is simple. Cheaper ticket buut I'll end up in xyz through jetblue or virginamerica or by greyhound. This is my ticket here. Most times sef, when u buy a ticket for egs to vegas, with klm your poe is boston. The poe questions are all drawn from your landing card and visa interview.

2. You change your mind pata pata and decide to go to JKL state. What is the crime there? U have a valid visa.
The only tricky abi sticky issue is where u now give an answer CONFLICTING with a material point at the interview.
Egs ques- where are u going to stay
Ans- with my elder brother
Meanwhile at the interview u said 'from the time of John the baptist no member of my family has entered the US' cheesy
Suspicion now arises. And a lenghty poe interview will likely commence.
Mbok let's not like to panic when our hearts are pure. Unless u de enter US with evil mind. Then be very afraidddddd cheesy grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
I have tried to keep away from this poe debate but because my brother Dyke (and a fair nos of people) seem to be in a state of mild panic, I'll throw in my 2 kobo.
There are 2 possible scenarios. In ur interview u stated u were going to xyz state
1. U decide to go to xyz through abc poe. What is the crime in that? If you are asked why are u coming through abc. The answer is simple. Cheaper ticket buut I'll end up in xyz through jetblue or virginamerica or by greyhound. This is my ticket here. Most times sef, when u buy a ticket for egs to vegas, with klm your poe is boston. The poe questions are all drawn from your landing card and visa interview.

2. You change your mind pata pata and decide to go to JKL state. What is the crime there? U have a valid visa.
The only tricky abi sticky issue is where u now give an answer CONFLICTING with a material point at the interview.
Meanwhile at the interview u said 'from the time of John the baptist no member of my family has entered the US' cheesy
Mbok let's not like to panic when our hearts are pure. Unless u de enter US with evil mind. Then be very afraidddddd cheesy grin cheesy

Nwannem mji aga mba. That is the way it should be. making it simple and clear is what nairaland is known for and am glad you are part of it.
emela. Thanko.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

There is no issues but sister I have seen and hard little things you may considered not an issue becomes a big one and visa concealed.

I am a constant flyer and have drawn personal experience and others. Wouldn't start going on personal experience now.

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
cozybunch:

There is no issues but sister I have seen and hard little things you may considered not an issue becomes a big one and visa concealed.

I am a constant flyer and have drawn personal experience and others. Wouldn't start going on personal experience now.

Good Luck
Exactly. Everybody's response will be coloured by personal experience. I got and renewed my visa for Orlando florida. To date, I have never stepped foot into orlando-yet. I went to other places.
I simply answered the questions without fidgeting and being honest.
If I may dare say as well...before one is returned/deported there will be other compelling reasons apart from just change of poe. I agree. Some cbps are mean or in a. Bad mood but remember, they have supervisors too. I remember one fellow telling us here how he travelled with his host on the same flight. Only for the host to disappear and his nos was unreachable. The story sounded implausible. Even Nlers told him it sounded somehow. He was sent back. BECAUSE his story no just jell. Another person told of how her brother got stamped in for just a week because he said a different thing from the interview.
If a bad minded cbp harrass u finish and ur story jell, Change of poe only is no reason to be returned.
Udo na ifunanya nke Kristi o! Make I go drink water. The yarns too long
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ebennick: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Ok

4. It might also help if u have prior travel history and to be prepared to sgow why u are willing to leave ur job just to accompany granny to the Us. Issit that ur job isn't important?
Chaii! I don born again oooooooo! grin

am into construction and I hv my own company in which I hv more than 18people working under me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
ebennick:

am into construction and I hv my own company in which I hv more than 18people working under me
That is good. I just pointed it out so u be prepared for the question.
I believe it also be useful for u to prep granny cos u guys may be interviewed differently, she with an interpreter so mae una no just yarn different thingz for there.
Also apart from being 'granny's helper' I believe u should also state that your presence will be appreciated as well at the naming.
No mess up your form o! Esp the income part
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ebennick: 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

That is good. I just pointed it out so u be prepared for the question.
I believe it also be useful for u to prep granny cos u guys may be interviewed differently, she with an interpreter so mae una no just yarn different thingz for there.
Also apart from being 'granny's helper' I believe u should also state that your presence will be appreciated as well at the naming.
No mess up your form o! Esp the income part

thanks alot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by busola1986: 9:15am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello, i am new here.... my company is sending me on a conference on Nov 18th to 20th 2015.... just wanna apply for my visa tomorrow can i still get appointment date before Nov 18th.... please help me with an answer
Re: Usa Visit Visa by loxxy: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2015
Good Day Great people.

Please for someone going for a 3 Days Business Management at Harvard Business School, what category of visa should he/she apply for. M1 or B1 visa?

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adeniyi3971(m): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pls how can I edit my ds160 I have already submitted it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
thegreengooner:
grin
Who de tickle u?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 5:52am On Oct 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Chaieee my mouth is watering werr well oooo!
Una safe journey. Abegi no forget to post o! We de hold the country for una. They no go tiff am till una return cheesy

Hey guys, I can see y'all been doing great. So sorry I hadn't posted the POE scripts, got back and went straight to work.

We got into the US through Houston(IAH). The questions were pretty straight forward.

CBP: Where is your final destination? What's the purpose of your trip?
And that was it, we got stamped in for 6months . Had a wonderful summer and back to work now.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 02, 2015
loxxy:
Good Day Great people.

Please for someone going for a 3 Days Business Management at Harvard Business School, what category of visa should he/she apply for. M1 or B1 visa?

Thank you
B1/B2

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Who de tickle u?

You that never sleeps... Are you Claire Mathison in disguise?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2015
thegreengooner:

You that never sleeps... Are you Claire Mathison in disguise?
Tufiakwa! That loco woman! I'm more of an 'Olivia pope' Lolz.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by WESTERNCR: 11:16am On Oct 02, 2015
Hello gurus in the house I hail oooo. Please what's my chance of getting US visiting visa with my info below:

My uncle is inviting me for just family visit
I am a building contractor also I am a supplier of building materials
My average monthly income is 350k
I am married with x3 kids
I have travelled to the UK x3

I am travelling alone this time.
Please my good people what's my chances of getting an approval?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adefas: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Good day Sir/Ma,
Please I want to apply for tourism visa with my wife and 3kids (5,3,1 years old), we want to visit Walt Disney world in Florida. Am business man while my wife is a civil servant and our passports are virgins no any travel experience. We have our house and the one we rented out, I have reg company for the passed 3 years, doing my business for the passed 6years and my wife have being working for the passed 4years. Please can I apply with my wife alone and leave my kids behind because of a ties or as first time or I should apply with everybody, am 40 now. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:25am On Oct 04, 2015
adefas:
Good day Sir/Ma,
Please I want to apply for tourism visa with my wife and 3kids (5,3,1 years old), we want to visit Walt Disney world in Florida. Am business man while my wife is a civil servant and our passports are virgins no any travel experience. We have our house and the one we rented out, I have reg company for the passed 3 years, doing my business for the passed 6years and my wife have being working for the passed 4years. Please can I apply with my wife alone and leave my kids behind because of a ties or as first time or I should apply with everybody, am 40 now. Thanks.

You should apply as a family. Your company or business is enough tie as I see it. Just read through the thread to find out what you need to do and stuff.
Prepare well and fill the DS-160 with great care.
Finally I love the arithmetic progression of the ages of yours kids. you've impressed me, now go do same to a V.O. cheers

#FredoRicko

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adefas: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by adefas: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2015
fredoricko:

You should apply as a family. Your company or business is enough tie as I see it. Just read through the thread to find out what you need to do and stuff.
Prepare well and fill the DS-160 with great care.
Finally I love the arithmetic progression of the ages of yours kids. you've impressed me, now go do same to a V.O. cheers

#FredoRicko

Thanks Sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 04, 2015
adefas:

Thanks Sir

Anytime.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sugar2ice: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2015
Greetings to every one and all !! Nice and a blessed job u guys r doing here!!
Ok! My humble plan is taking wify to miami florida on vacation next year during her annual leave but I want to start my plans now!
DATA AS FOLLOWS=

WE~
Got legally married january
No kids yet

WIFY~
29 yrs
Works with one of naija telecommunication firm
Earns 100k monthly
Virgin paspport

ME~
34 yrs old
Owns a limited registerd company since 2006
In to importaion of mens wears and foot wears
Ve been to dudai 8time,hong kong 2times and now frquenting india for my goods
Have 2 landed properties
Hope to get a hotel reservation and a tourcompany booked for d purpose of our 12days chill
Pls just want to know wha u guys think are our chances of getting it!!*smiles*
Bless!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sugar2ice: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
cryAfter monthly paid salaries to my workers we make a net profit of 320 to 400k but during festive periods is way above dat tho!
Tho I still have mini resturant and bar dat adds to d whole income fin but I dunno if I should still state dat?{Kinda confused}
Will be making my next business trip to india by 2nd week of january next year befor we apply february tho! Just felt like pouring out my plans out to u guys to scrutinize and tell me wha ya ll feel or may be ask me questions dat will help us prepear for the interveiw!
I humbly await ur attention all d guru dem!
Bless!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mbok these 'what are our chances' questions be as e get.
Nobody can conclusively Answer that. Truly. Only the vo can look at. Your application holisically and answer.
If one says your chances are low,would it estop the poster from applying?
The best one can do here is to help people cross their I's and dot their t's.
That's my humble submission o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sugar2ice: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Any ways ! We ll give it a try! And see how it goes !!

Lady G tnks+bless!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
Can tickets to new York ever drop to 180 k??.. I want to travel in December. I had the mind that ticket fares would ve crashed significantly then but m still getting 250 ish. Or should I go ahead n pay or hold on a bit?.. Pls advice my good people. Happy Sunday
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
lovettett:
Can tickets to new York ever drop to 180 k??.. I want to travel in December. I had the mind that ticket fares would ve crashed significantly then but m still getting 250 ish. Or should I go ahead n pay or hold on a bit?.. Pls advice my good people. Happy Sunday
I no knowww! I wanna travel nov-dec. I'm waiting mbok.
But u gotta keep your ear to the ground and eye on the net cos they can do a one day flash sales. That's what I'm waiting for. The socalled promo virgin and air france de do , I no unstand!

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.