Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? (46195 Views)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by TGM2015: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:
Please help me out. I need to know how much I should budget for the whole process of registering a business name with CAC

Get the CAC User Guide by clicking the link below. It will download a pdf file.

https://services.cac.gov.ng/assets/docs/crp-user-guide.pdf
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by esthervera(f): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
When I did mine,I was told to submit 3 business name to check the 1 that nobody used after they have done checking they pick 1 and told me some1 have been using 2out of d name I gave them.

U don't need 3 names mbok. Even company and NGO registration sef it's minimum of 2 persons. For Business name the owner alone is enough to register the business[/quote]
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by TIGRITIS: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

After that you submit 2 names and pay a search fee of about 700Naira

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

All payments are made online

Make sure you save copies of all online receipts you receive

Items you need:
Valid means of identification

An operational email account

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

Your debit card with at least 11K for making payments

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by mightyboy1: 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:
Please help me out. I need to know how much I should budget for the whole process of registering a business name with CAC
with 18k i can get it done for you. you can contact me on 07080234950 on whatsapp . or you come to our office at Allen
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by emmy4real94(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration
so, if I give my name for a search and pay the search fee, and the name already exists, I will still give another name and keep paying search fees??
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by richybanky(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

Log into your account and confirm that there is no query which you need to attend to...you can't proceed unless you resolve all pending issues they have raised.

Certificate of competency could be your Bsc cert or any other qualification you have. It was required when I did my business name registration about 3 years ago but I understand it's no longer required now
Thank you for ur response, I really appreciate sir.. I have logged in to my account several times and how can I know if there is any query?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by richybanky(m): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
sal1974:

This also applies to me,it has been pending approval since over 2 months,I hope the issue is resolve as the lockdown eases
2 months ke shocked and what are the moves u are making, like going to d CAC office in ur state etc cus 2 months is too long
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by emmy4real94(m): 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
sodiqapril:
Before you think of registering your business, read the new cama law..may Ur egungun no enter express
bro. can you elaborate on this pls??
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by abkrgumel(m): 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
muller101:
11k. Just finished mine yesterday
How can I contact you please
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by muller101(m): 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
abkrgumel:
How can I contact you please
check signature
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by TRILLIONIVY98(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:

I can be of assistance.
Reach me on +2348149637835
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by aalangel(f): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
Skales4ll:

Please go to the site, cos I just started the process yesterday. I played 500 for name search which was approved today. I then filled the form. I just need to transfer 17k and I'll be done. Very easy...better than NIMC.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Rushna27(f): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

You can conclude the whole process with just under 11K if you do it yourself
pls how?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Pretty002: 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

You can conclude the whole process with just under 11K if you do it yourself
you are correct✅
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by ibinaboonline: 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Na d certificate of competence wey dey confuse me. Where and how can, say, magazine or book publisher get a certificate of competence?
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
psucc:
You, too are not absolutely right. The issue us if you can "pray and watch".

For instance, I tried registering during the CAC Promo of N5,000 for business name registration. After paying for the name search,they didn't send any reply as to the availability or not of the proposed names until some few minutes to the expiration, thus, before I could connect back to their website, the names expired and I was asked to pay again for another round of search.

This was where it all ended for us.

Nigeria, truly, there was a country.
They use your 5k chop fresh fish?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Prince202020:

Please if you're registering for anyone let all the information provided be that of the person, thank you.

Okay, but can I collect the certificate on the person's behalf when it is ready?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Midex88(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Educative Post
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Brickerlyon(m): 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
You can contact me , I work at CAC
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
ibinaboonline:
Na d certificate of competence wey dey confuse me. Where and how can, say, magazine or book publisher get a certificate of competence?

Just use the Bsc or HND certificate you have, however I have been informed that they no longer lay emphasis on it
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by judecares1(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
How much will it cost if am going to register for NGO,I mean for foundation??
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
richybanky:

Thank you for ur response, I really appreciate sir.. I have logged in to my account several times and how can I know if there is any query?

You should get a notification in your email from CAC if there is a query you need to resolve although you must log into your account to resolve the issue.

I think you need to check properly to be sure you actually submitted it the first time...you may need to submit another name search so that you can start the process again
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by ankaravillageng: 11:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
mayowade50:

Please I just got back from zenith Bank to make enquiries on requirements to open a business account, was told they charge 9k for verification from CAC and one naira for every thousand naira transaction. I have no issue with the one naira charge but the 9k for verification is not cool with me at all. Haba! business that I'm just starting, have I even made 9k profit. Please what bank would you suggest is best to open business current account with as per startup biz? Thanks

Try fidelity
If you tell them they can even make it same account name but two different account number. That's Naira and domiciliary.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Hahnemann: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

Don't try this, I did it and d money I paid lost till today. Just go their office, meet one of the workers and they will guide u tru d whole process. 1k to search for name and 17k to complete the registration process.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
BREYZ:

You get serious problem. Who and who are scammers here? Can you just stop calling people names? Whether you are literate or not theres no way you will tell me you didn't ask people questions. Stop this unnecessary lies.

If you are not a scammer, then tell me why it is paining you when your name wasn't mentioned in my post..
It is just an innocent question.. Kindly provide an answer and make sure is without insult...

Yes, I got the link here in Nairaland, clicked on it and straight to business..
I don't need to ask questions because there are guidelines and steps to follow on the website...�
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
BREYZ:

Hello madam. Sometimes you need to get more about things before quoting people. I bet you dont know the recent directive issued by CAC Last week. I am not saying the person can't do it by himself, all i am saying is you need proper guidance whether u have the requirements or not u need to be guided properly. Its not even the issue of third party, I guess u never read where I said I will guide anybody for free. I am not after your money ma, I am only after helping people to do their business name Reg without unnecessary queries and stress.

Also, you can't do all CAC Registrations yourself. You can only do that of business name Registration yourself as a proprietor but if you must do a company registration you must be accredited unless you are allowed to act as a director if not, accreditation is neccessary and u must do that only if you are a Lawyer.

Gracias!

Thank you for your explanation sir..
My earlier post wasn't actually directed at you, but still, I appreciate your thoughtfulness...
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2020
Skales4ll:

Go to their office
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by hitchowoyemi(m): 1:04am On Sep 02, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]
This is absolutely not true!

You can't complete the process on your own!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.

Your claim is not totally true, however, due to Nigerian factor, it is best advisable to use agents that have quicker access to CAC modus.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 2:17am On Sep 02, 2020
petitoni:

If you are not a scammer, then tell me why it is paining you when your name wasn't mentioned in my post..
It is just an innocent question.. Kindly provide an answer and make sure is without insult...

Yes, I got the link here in Nairaland, clicked on it and straight to business..
I don't need to ask questions because there are guidelines and steps to follow on the website...�

Your problem is simple logic.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Eaglemoney(m): 3:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Who can assist me with cac registration. Am willing to pay.

You can get in touch with me via email

adekoya.adekoya@yahoo.com
Just to ease the stress
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Eaglemoney(m): 4:00am On Sep 02, 2020
judecares1:
How much will it cost if am going to register for NGO,I mean for foundation??

Chat me up. Just check my profile for contact details

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / 'If You Don't Have ₦500k At 26 & Above, You Don't Have Purpose In Life' - Lady / First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.