Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? (1952 Views)

Baby Found Dead Inside Running Front-loading Washing Machine In NewZealand(Pic) / "Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises / Fashionable And Quality Bedsheets And Duvet For Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by beardedboy(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2020
Someone close to me just bought a washing machine and has been deliberating on the best spot for the machine in his home.

Personally, I believe the natural home of the washing machine is the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom also makes it easy to spill water on the machine therefore exposing it to rust.

One of my uncles has his washing machine in his kitchen. Well, his kitchen is very big and I don't think many people have the luxury of his kitchen size. In addition, many people don't see the kitchen as the natural home of a washing machine.

I did a quick Google search and discovered that Germans keep their washing machine in their bathroom and they think it's improper to keep it in the kitchen.

On the other hand, Brits keep theirs in the kitchen and believe it's unnatural to keep it anywhere else.

So, I'm wondering, where do Nigerians keep their washing machine? I believe this would be very useful for many people.

P.S. pictures would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2020
To settle the matter,

Put it inside the Dinning Room

9 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by merieam16(f): 9:46am On Sep 01, 2020
or very close to the television

5 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by GoldCircle: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2020
It’s better to place it in your balcony if you have one. Especially a balcony that protects it from the elements of the weather.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by beardedboy(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2020
GoldCircle:
It’s better to place it in your balcony if you have one. Especially a balcony that protects it from the elements of the weather.

I've read that some people put it in their balcony. Have you ever seen any yourself? I'm yet to see one personally.

Amotolongbo:
To settle the matter,

Put is inside the Dinning Room

merieam16:
or very close to the television

Lol.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 01, 2020
There should be a laundry room or If your home has a basement, that's another good place and if not, garage can do.

If all the above fails, oga wash your clothes with your hands mek you, we and God rest for this matter. sad

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by beardedboy(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2020
J111333:
There should be a laundry room or If your home has a basement, that's another good place and if not, garage can do.

If all the above fails, oga wash your clothes with your hands mek you, we and God rest for this matter. sad

@First paragraph. Laundry rooms are a feature of modern buildings and I think they became popular with the popularity of the washing machine. So many old houses don't have a laundry room. And I think it's this type of homes that the topic is about. Else, why would anyone ask such question if they have a laundry room. It would be like asking where to place your mattress when you have a bedroom.

@second paragraph. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Ibechris2: 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Naija na for backyard oh.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by nobone(f): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
I really need this washing machine especially the twin tub. My hand have seen nwii... Everyday washing no sun.....

4 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by whodeyhere: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
nobone:
I really need this washing machine especially the twin tub. My hand have seen nwii... Everyday washing no sun.....

Why are you washing everyday na? you could wash every weekend instead.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by nobone(f): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
whodeyhere:

Why are you washing everyday na? you could wash every weekend instead.
That's the wahala with living upstairs, space!
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
beardedboy:
Someone close to me just bought a washing machine and has been deliberating on the best spot for the machine in his home.

Personally, I believe the natural home of the washing machine is the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom also makes it easy to spill water on the machine therefore exposing it to rust.

One of my uncles has his washing machine in his kitchen. Well, his kitchen is very big and I don't think many people have the luxury of his kitchen size. In addition, many people don't see the kitchen as the natural home of a washing machine.

I did a quick Google search and discovered that Germans keep their washing machine in their bathroom and they think it's improper to keep it in the kitchen.

On the other hand, Brits keep theirs in the kitchen and believe it's unnatural to keep it anywhere else.

So, I'm wondering, where do Nigerians keep their washing machine? I believe this would be very useful for many people.

P.S. pictures would be highly appreciated.
Parlour na.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Oizee(f): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
nobone:
lol, which one is nwii again?
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Oizee(f): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Amotolongbo:
To settle the matter,

Put is inside the Dinning Room
lol, not a bad idea, what if dining room no dey?
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by nobone(f): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Oizee:
lol, which one is nwii again?
L
O
L
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by frozen70(f): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Washing machine can be placed anywhere in as mush as it has water inlet and outlet, except parlor
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Place it in the hallway. that is the passage way between the sitting room and bathroom/kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Esetim(f): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
Place it where you have space and where you can easily connect the water inlet/outlet hose.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by NoToPile: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Before it was in the passage, now in the kitchen .

Size and type of apartment, accessibility to water source and discharge of the waste water are factors to consider.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by cynhamscakes(f): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
Balcony or bathroom because of water outlet.
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by oluplus(m): 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
This should have been considered before buying the machine
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by fati2001(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
bedroom
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by ayobarmy(m): 12:00am On Sep 02, 2020
I seriously need a washing machine for my wifey, anytime I see her struggling with clothes, I always cry in my spirit....

Na money just dey Insult Man.....

To answer the question, I think somewhere at the corridor, close to the bathroom will be fine, putting it on balcony will expose it to weather...

.....peace.....

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 02, 2020
Where you bought it...
Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2020
ayobarmy:
I seriously need a washing machine for my wifey, anytime I see her struggling with clothes, I always cry in my spirit....

Na money just dey Insult Man.....

To answer the question, I think somewhere at the corridor, close to the bathroom will be fine, putting it on balcony will expose it to weather...

.....peace.....
Don't just cry in your spirit, try to help her out for now until money stops insulting you. If she spends 2hours in washing, it may take her only 1hr with your help.

I pray you start insulting money soon bro.

5 Likes

Re: Where Do You Place Your Washing Machine In Your Home? by ayobarmy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
J111333:
Don't just cry in your spirit, try to help her out for now until money stops insulting you. If she spends 2hours in washing, it may take her only 1hr with your help.

I pray you start insulting money soon bro.

Well Noted Boss!!!

Thanks

Yes and Amen to the Prayer....

...... peace.....

(1) (Reply)

Money I Planned To Cook A Pot Of Stew And Soup With / My House / My Story As A Surrogate Mother And Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.