Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (27191 Views)

"Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Fani-Kayode Demands N2bn From Stella Dimoko-Korkus As He Separates From His Wife / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by captianfreeman(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2020
How much damages did he pay for assaulting that innocent journalist
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by atobs4real(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2020
ENU NJA WAYA, WETIN DEY?
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by gulfer: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2020
I am not a lawyer and I think Femi has no case. Rather, the journalist should be the one suing his ass and demanding a public apology over the, 'You must be very stupid' outburst by Kayode. cool cool cool cool
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by teejet: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2020
JESTER!

CLOWN!
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by PureGoldh(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2020
Issoryt
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Openbusiness: 9:14am On Sep 02, 2020
shocked N6 billion shocked. Aw mush b the newspaper wey dem dey sell na, haba grin
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Anaerobi(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2020
FFK Vs Nigeria Journalist and Media.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2020
My opinion remains the question is the most stupid question ever.

Is more like asking a family man....sir who is sponsoring the feeding of your family

But funny enough to see how dumb and archaic the Nigeria journalism is....NONE OF THEM ASKED FEMI ADESINA IN ALL HIS CHARTS ON INTERVIEWS WITH JOURNALIST...WHY IS IT THAT OUR PRESIDENT CAN'T HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE OR JOURNALIST CHART WITH US....IS IT MAYBE TRUE HE CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT'S NOT ALREADY WRITTEN DOWN FOR HIM? THEN LETS KNOW IF THAT JOURNALIST WILL EVER ENTER ASO ROCK AGAIN

OR MAYBE SINCE THEY LACK PROFESSIONALISM why didn't they ask ORJI UZOR KALU: SIR SINCE YOU ARE EYEING PRESIDENTIAL RACE SHOULD NIGGERIANS BE WORRIED BECAUSE YOU WAS RECENTLY JAILED FOR LOOTING PUBLIC FUND EVEN THOUGH APPEAL COURT HAS CLEARED ALL ALLEGATIONS....LETS KNOW IF OUK HAS LONG OR SHORT FUSE

BUT AS BLACK AFRICANS WE THROW AWAY REASONING AND FLOW WITH WHAT EVER A LARGER NUMBER OF PEOPLE AGREED ON WITHOUT THINKING FOR OURSELVES

JUST BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS ON THE SIDE OF THE JOURNALIST DOESN'T MEAN THE JOURNALIST ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTION.... WHAT HAPPENED TO ASKING HIM HIS AIM FOR TOURING STATES

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by NSK4U(m): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2020
They should either prove it or pay for the defamation.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Drone95(m): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2020
Sha collect the 6billion nd bless me abeg
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by pretyval: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2020
Lol...... This guy self.

I welcome myself back from my ban on NL.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Euegene100001: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2020
grin this man has no shame
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Miyachi: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2020
emkz:
I do agree that the columnist used words that are damaging including calling FFK a "windbag and wankėr", and writing thus: "...his bohemian lifestyle while in the United Kingdom included an addiction to drugs for which he had to seek spiritual and physical rehabilitation in Ghana".

This is a slap on journalistic ethos by the writer and shouldn't have been passed by the Editor.

FFK, on the other hand, instigated this when he upbraided that poor journalist. As Chinue Achebe said I Arrows of God: "he who brings home ant-infested firewood should not be surprised when he is visited by lizards". FFK needs to go into sombre reflection and carefully re-examine how he treats people. He might win this case because the writer has no proof of FFK's drug addiction story, but he doesn't have to win it; he has to change for the good of all.
This.
I couldn't agree more, he wasn't right but the article seemed more libelous than anything. It read more like a gossip blog's post. I just hope for their sake that they have substantive proof.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by seniormallam(m): 9:31am On Sep 02, 2020
He messed up and he apologized already, of what use is that article, it look like a setup after all , I guess FFK was right,
When I saw the article I was like , of what use is now the apology?
The bank rolling question was actually stupid, so FFK cannot pay for just one flight ticket to the first state of visit, be rest assure that his host would take care of him and arrange his next ticket for next state and the cycle continues like that, so the first ticket would definitely be what he paid for so far, politics has blocked some people's brain
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Proffdada: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2020
Get rich or die try grin
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Proffdada: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2020
Get rich or die trying grin
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Kubernetes: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2020
The pressman asked the question "who is bankrolling who" judging from the recent trips of FFK round the country especially the PDP states.He goes with a convoy in such trips and this means lota money.I expect a decent response from an Ivy league grad such as
1.No one is bankrolling me
2.The PDP state concerned foots the bill
3.It is self bankrolled by me
4.Next question please.

Period.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by fredoooooo: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Amugbo Amukokaine , wetin make Buhari and Osinabjo sue you ?
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by zabuur: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2020
6 billion naira ko, 6 billion shillings ni

Better still if give am 6 billion Biafran currency

Where s SDM here now? Has he said anything bout his buddy

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by ppogba: 9:38am On Sep 02, 2020
You have sued for N6B and also calling for negotiation.

How does that work?

Does it mean that if you can arrive at a mid point, you will withdraw your case pronto?

Indeed, it seems FFK is damn broke.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Miyachi: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2020
I think he has a case.
The journalist couldn't possibly sue him - who measures what stupidity is or how can you objectively say what attribute qualifies someone as stupid?
But the spirit of the article was clearly to do more that condemn his outburst, it was defamatory. It just made vague accusations with no proofs and that is enough to sue for libel.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by ThatFairGuy1: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Is he now angry? Did they article lied
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Miyachi: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2020
ppogba:
You have sued for N6B and also calling for negotiation.

How does that work?

Does it mean that if you can arrive at a mid point, you will withdraw your case pronto?

Indeed, it seems FFK is damn broke.

It stated that it was a pre-litigation letter.
Also:
The newspaper was given 14 days to comply or face legal action.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Ellegacy(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2020
emkz:
I do agree that the columnist used words that are damaging including calling FFK a "windbag and wankėr", and writing thus: "...his bohemian lifestyle while in the United Kingdom included an addiction to drugs for which he had to seek spiritual and physical rehabilitation in Ghana".

This is a slap on journalistic ethos by the writer and shouldn't have been passed by the Editor.

FFK, on the other hand, instigated this when he upbraided that poor journalist. As Chinue Achebe said I Arrows of God: "he who brings home ant-infested firewood should not be surprised when he is visited by lizards". FFK needs to go into sombre reflection and carefully re-examine how he treats people. He might win this case because the writer has no proof of FFK's drug addiction story, but he doesn't have to win it; he has to change for the good of all.

The Editor is the writer. It's quite a nice read though. I'll suggest you should read the article. I'm with Daily Trust on this.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Oizee(f): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Na u call someone stupid, na u still want apology. U must be a drunkard
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by samdaisi: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2020
unchained mad dog,he dishes out insults and abusive words day and night claiming to be a saint ordinary simple question he can't tolerate it.ipob role mofel
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by shankara7: 9:54am On Sep 02, 2020
emkz:

FFK drug addiction back then in the UK was common knowledge and the proof is everywhere.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by kolade560: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2020
Ffk u dey offside on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Inspect The Ongoing Expansion Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video) / APC's Dikko Radda Wins Katsina Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.