Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:20 PM

Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (27152 Views)

"Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Fani-Kayode Demands N2bn From Stella Dimoko-Korkus As He Separates From His Wife / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by kingthreat(m): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2020
Journalist Eyo should sue him too
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Starbarry(m): 10:01am On Sep 02, 2020
PureGoldh:
Issoryt.......if God na man eeeh...wahala for dey
I swear
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2020
Racoon:
This Fani Kayode is a just a clown I swear.He cant stomach a inch of the insults he dish out.
That's true, and the next time he opens his dirty mouth to insult someone, he will be thus reminded.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Golan007: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Wrong move FFk ..the have you for cornered

So you know?
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by banhammy: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2020
If Professor Osinbajo were to institute a legal case of defamation of character against Fani kayode, sincerely yours, Fani kayode will be languishing in prison by now, but Osinbajo never replied this idiot for once, Osinbajo even ordered his aides not to reply him.
So, Fani kayode should bear it and face the consequences.

Lastly, Who is bankrolling Fani kayode?

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2020
ezenwajosh:
My opinion remains the question is the most stupid question ever.

Is more like asking a family man....sir who is sponsoring the feeding of your family

But funny enough to see how dumb and archaic the Nigeria journalism is....NONENOF THEM ASKED FEMI ADESINA IN ALL HIS CHARTS ON INTERVIEWS WITH JOURNALIST...WHY IS IT THAT OUR PRESIDENT CAN HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE OR JOURNALIST CHART WITH THE PRESIDENT

OR MAYBE SINCE THAT LACK PROFESSIONALISM why didn't they ask ORJI UZOR KALU: SIR SINCE YOU ARE EYEING PRESIDENTIAL RACE SHOULD NIGGERIANS BE WORRIED BECAUSE YOU WAS RECENTLY JAILED FOR LOOTING PUBLIC FUND EVEN THOUGH APPEAL COURT HAS CLEARED ALL ALLEGATIONS

BUT AS BLACK AFRICANS WE THROW AWAY REASONING AND FLOW WITH WHAT EVER WAS GIVEN TO US

JUST BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS ON THE SIDE OF THE JOURNALIST DOESN'T MEAN THE JOURNALIST ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTION.... WHAT HAPPENED TO ASKING HIM HIS AIM OF TOURING STATES
And the question is who is FFK not to be asked stupid questions? He found the question insulting? Fine, can he count the number of times he insulted others? Who gave him the right to give insults and not expect to take it?

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Golan007: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2020
emkz:
I do agree that the columnist used words that are damaging including calling FFK a "windbag and wankėr", and writing thus: "...his bohemian lifestyle while in the United Kingdom included an addiction to drugs for which he had to seek spiritual and physical rehabilitation in Ghana".

This is a slap on journalistic ethos by the writer and shouldn't have been passed by the Editor.

FFK, on the other hand, instigated this when he upbraided that poor journalist. As Chinue Achebe said I Arrows of God: "he who brings home ant-infested firewood should not be surprised when he is visited by lizards". FFK needs to go into sombre reflection and carefully re-examine how he treats people. He might win this case because the writer has no proof of FFK's drug addiction story, but he doesn't have to win it; he has to change for the good of all.

As I said earlier, if it is true it cannot be construed as defamation.

It is well known that FFK went for rehabilitation in Ghana around the year 2000.

The writer would just produce evidence of this and the matter would be struck out.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Royalfurnitures: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Shebi he apologised

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Minjim: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2020
FFK is very funny.

He should be expecting a counter suit from the DailyTrust journalist and the plethora of people he had verbally insulted

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Advocate500: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2020
OTayobami:
I think if he wants a case the he should be probed first and the can proceed if clear of all accusations but then how are sure if he won't bankroll the panel of probing to his favour, Abeg naija don dabaru and we seriously need to adopt strong laws from China
oga we are talking about a renown media house intentionally publishing a slanderous message to defame someone character or image is not the when an individual write content against you please be informed.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

And the question is who is FFK not to be asked stupid questions? He found the question insulting? Fine, can he count the number of times he insulted others? Who gave him the right to give insults and not expect to take it?
No one takes insults likely and calmly face to face

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2020
Iliyasu Gadu nice and eloquent journalist
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by West2019(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2020
badstard idiot,, Buhari is 100% better than you .this the man that always condemn Buhari and osinbajo make we hear your mouth pi against Buhari again you will regret urself

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by fefenoble88: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2020
6billion naira mk e tk continue ur tour of foolishness,ODE. Old mosquito wey no see blood suck again suppose go bush go hide,cuz if d mosquito continue dey fly 4 people compound e go quick die.Get sense ffk,if u no get try reach computer village u go see buy.

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Advocate500: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Ajebaba:
See FFK playing the victim card here, someone that they suppose to sue for defamation of character has the audacity to sue daily trust...he forgot he has done worse to many people in the past...”He who comes to equity must come with clean hands”
media house using their platform as a political tool against opposition is completely wrong and should be commended by well meaning nigerins. U are crying and condemning ffk on one hand , but in the other hand u are supporting daily trust for hate speech is hypocritical.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Muna4real(f): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
Can someone tell me what sin ffk committed.

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Maydfourth: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2020
This boy should stop smoking Colorado oooo.

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by byinks(f): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2020
ezenwajosh:
My opinion remains the question is the most stupid question ever.

Is more like asking a family man....sir who is sponsoring the feeding of your family

But funny enough to see how dumb and archaic the Nigeria journalism is....NONENOF THEM ASKED FEMI ADESINA IN ALL HIS CHARTS ON INTERVIEWS WITH JOURNALIST...WHY IS IT THAT OUR PRESIDENT CAN HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE OR JOURNALIST CHART WITH THE PRESIDENT

OR MAYBE SINCE THAT LACK PROFESSIONALISM why didn't they ask ORJI UZOR KALU: SIR SINCE YOU ARE EYEING PRESIDENTIAL RACE SHOULD NIGGERIANS BE WORRIED BECAUSE YOU WAS RECENTLY JAILED FOR LOOTING PUBLIC FUND EVEN THOUGH APPEAL COURT HAS CLEARED ALL ALLEGATIONS

BUT AS BLACK AFRICANS WE THROW AWAY REASONING AND FLOW WITH WHAT EVER WAS GIVEN TO US

JUST BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS ON THE SIDE OF THE JOURNALIST DOESN'T MEAN THE JOURNALIST ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTION.... WHAT HAPPENED TO ASKING HIM HIS AIM OF TOURING STATES

My thoughts exactly !
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by johnisaola(m): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2020
So now he can't respond to the writter, shameless man,all what the writter said on him is true,if he is not dranker why is he behaves like them,, don't mind this useless thug ,he only need money to bankroll his thug activities

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by barnabasfavour: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2020
Make money posting on social media complete tasks also to earn https://refer.sharetoearn.co/barnabasfavour92
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by byinks(f): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2020
banhammy:
If Professor Osinbajo were to institute a legal case of defamation of character against Fani kayode, sincerely yours, Fani kayode will be languishing in prison by now, but Osinbajo never replied this idiot for once, Osinbajo even ordered his aides not to reply him.
So, Fani kayode should bear it and face the consequences.

Lastly, Who is bankrolling Fani kayode?

Yemi Osinbajo is a political office holder, FFK is not .
There's a big difference
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Japhtee(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2020
gulfer:
I am not a lawyer and I think Femi has no case. Rather, the journalist should be the one suing his ass and demanding a public apology over the, 'You must be very stupid' outburst by Kayode. cool cool cool cool

Like you rightly put "you are not a lawyer". I was so angry at FFK for that outburst and insult he dished out to the journalist but daily trust crossed the line in that their publication. FFK have something to sue for now. You must be very stupid is not a defamation. The journalist can argue it from emotional and psychological trauma but proving such damage is hard. I pray they have evidence to all they said though I think FFK is only pushing for an apology.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by ddeola: 10:45am On Sep 02, 2020
Dis guy ganja strong o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

E pass Marlians own o. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by sawdi: 10:45am On Sep 02, 2020
ryloy:
they should counter sue him for 18 billion for this dehumanization and calling someone stupid like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yx8jVPNDkY

That question pain am no be small grin

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by frank417: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2020
I love this
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by emkz: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2020
shankara7:
FFK drug addiction back then in the UK was common knowledge and the proof is everywhere.

What is the proof? That people said?

For you to prove a matter like this, you need to present a witness (like his therapist or psycotherapist's assistant), a record of his medicals during rehabilitation and a receipt of payment for therapy. No doctor/thetapist would come out to testify against his patient. He would lose his license.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by emkz: 11:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Ellegacy:

The Editor is the writer. It's quite a nice read though. I'll suggest you should read the article. I'm with Daily Trust on this.

I read the article when it was published as well as ALL the articles written on the FFK subject. There is one by Waheed Odusile which criticized FFK but did not insult him (there is a huge difference). So I think I am qualified to comment on the article referenced here.

I am not a fan of FFK (and I don't admire his methods and his loquaciousness), but that article was really damaging and if the Editor wrote it as you said, he should have resigned by now if there is ethics in journalism in Nigeria. FFK had rolled himself in the mud, but Ilyasu destroyed him, as though it was a hatchet job.

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by emkz: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Golan007:

As I said earlier, if it is true it cannot be construed as defamation.

It is well known that FFK went for rehabilitation in Ghana around the year 2000.

The writer would just produce evidence of this and the matter would be struck out.

It may be true, proving that it is true is the issue. If Daily Trust wants to win this case, they have to publish medical records of FFK and photographs of FFK sniffing drugs or injecting himself with drugs. How would they get those? Perhaps, one of his ex-wives may be brought in to testify.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by emkz: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2020
Miyachi:

This.
I couldn't agree more, he wasn't right but the article seemed more libelous than anything. It read more like a gossip blog's post. I just hope for their sake that they have substantive proof.

Exactly. That article can ruin the Daily Trust.
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by gulfer: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Japhtee:

Like you rightly put "you are not a lawyer". I was so angry at FFK for that outburst and insult he dished out to the journalist but daily trust crossed the line in that their publication. FFK have something to sue for now. You must be very stupid is not a defamation. The journalist can argue it from emotional and psychological trauma but proving such damage is hard. I pray they have evidence to all they said though I think FFK is only pushing for an apology.
The boldened is exactly what I am inferring here....... cool cool cool
Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Incandescent(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2020
Wrongest move ever FFK. You are only creating more enemies for yourself.

Re: Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2020
Drug addict?? grin grin

See how upset he was at the simple question from the journalist? Then just imagine how angry he got at the article Mr Short Fuse grin grin

Dino Melaye Mocks President Buhari For Attending Global Education Summit (Video) / Difu Obiano's 6th Birthday Celebration In USA (Photos) / 17 Abia Government Vehicles "Secretly Sold Off" For ₦317,000