Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? (1258 Views)

Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? / Steve Hanke Makes Damning Prediction Of Tinubu's Presidency Based On Analysis / The Real Reason Why Igbos Support Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by youngeagle(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
Will the Igbos support the igbo presidency based on tribe?
I started following Nigerian politics after the demise of Umaru Musa Yaradua and the politics involved in producing his successor, all those drama intrigued me to pay more attention to Nigerian politics and I can say I know little more now.
Majority of our igbo people doesn't give a damn who emerges as a Nigerian president, all they care about is the well-being of their family, business, work place or improvement in infrastructure as the case maybe, and the outcome has been so disappointing which activated the nature of "Sidon dey look" unlike other tribes.

In other tribes the case is different, their are some tribes in Nigeria that can vote for a dead man, once his/her name is on the ballot paper and is the only one from their tribe, they don't mind, and some can go to the length of doing media sensitization, write too many articles, create too many social media accounts without the said candidate knowing they exist, only to promote their tribe man, all they care about is the bragging rights or the power that is now on the side of their tribe, so if the nation wants to perish let it perish, their belief is that Nigeria is not getting any better, so anything their tribe can do to grab power before it gets worse is to their advantage.
So they can promote any anything , once he/she is popular enough, being a convicted criminal, incompetent or not too bright for that position, they don't give a damn, their aim is to grab power at any cost.
But my people on the other hand, majority of us look out for who can deliver or choosing the lesser devil among the demons, which has put us in the bad book of Nigerian politics.
Now that most tribes are doing the media eye service for an igbo president, my question is can you support an Igbo president based on tribe as other tribes has been doing or will you support based on credibility of the said individual.
Note: most credible candidates usually doesn't have the popularity required while the bad one's seem to know lots of people across tribes.
YoungEagle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
I
Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
youngeagle:
Majority of our igbo people doesn't give a damn who emerges as a Nigerian president, all they care about is the well-being of their family, business, work place or improvement in infrastructure as the case maybe, and the outcome has been so disappointing which activated the nature of "Sidon dey look" unlike other tribes.

But my people on the other hand, majority of us look out for who can deliver or choosing the lesser devil among the demons, which has put us in the bad book of Nigerian politics.
You took my thoughts from my mind

This is the pure truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nothing like Igbo presidency in 2023.

Who would vote Igbo?

The same people you've spent the better part of 5 years insulting, creating multiple threads with the aim to debase?

Have you abandoned Biafra or is it the expedient alternative when presidency fails?

Forget Igbo presidency in 2023...fact.

7 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by adekolaelect(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Don't be surprised they will be the praise singer of APC party and Tinubu if presidency if giving to them tomorrow .Unfortunately Igbo presidency is a factual project like that of Biafra bcs politically ,morally ,popularity and accommodating they are not on the top of the game .before you insult me go for mental check up.

1 Like

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by mabea: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
You really captured the true picture.... All of us go continue dey mad na.
If not they will still rub it on our face that we're politically naive

1 Like

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by MrColdsweat: 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
[s]
Golan007:

Who would vote Igbo?

The same people you've spent the better part of 5 years insulting, creating multiple threads with the aim to debase?

Have you abandoned Biafra or is it the expedient alternative when presidency fails?

[/s]

The northerners insulted Jonathan for years and even threw stones at his convoy.

You yarribas called Jonathan clueless and a drunkard.

What about the rally you hosted at ojota to insult Jonathan?

Shameless hypocrites.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

The northerners insulted Jonathan for years and even threw stones at his convoy.

You yarribas called Jonathan clueless and a drunkard.

What about the rally you hosted at ojota to insult Jonathan?

Shameless hypocrites.

At the end, those you've insulted will vote for you.

Don't worry.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by MrColdsweat: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
[s]
Golan007:

At the end, those you've insulted will vote for you.

Don't worry.
[/s]

Real igbos don't care about politics of the zoo.

I'm only here to point out your hypocrisy.

You swear that kalu and atiku are looters and are not fit to rule Nigeria. That they will never be president.

But you hypocrites voted someone far worse than a looter.

You voted a coup-plotter.

Shameless hypocrites.

The people of SS,SE and middlebelt need to contribute shame and give to you Yarribas.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

You swear that kalu and atiku are looters and are not fit to rule Nigeria. That they will never be president.

Shameless hypocrites.

The people of SS,SE and middlebelt need to contribute shame and give to you Yarribas.

I have served it to you hot.

Come collect presidency make we see am.

Attache by force.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by urchcoded(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
I will never vote Kalu. I wonder how a convicted looter and criminal is so popular now and aspiring to be the president. As an Igbo man, if the Igbos don't field an illegible candidate such as umahi or peter obi, then forget it. Igbo presidency can go to hell. Thunder fire orji uzo Kali and his supporters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by MrColdsweat: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
[s]
Golan007:

I have served it to you hot.

Come collect presidency make we see am.

Attache by force.
[/s]

Served what hot?

Did you not see where I mentioned that my people are ministers and lawmakers in the developed nations and are not interested in the politics of this shithole?

Poorly educated fellow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Served what hot?

Did you not see where I mentioned that my people are ministers and lawmakers in the developed nations and are not interested in the politics of this shithole?

Poorly educated fellow.

That's where they can seek political office.

If they transfer that nasty attitude of insulting everyone, even that would be taken from them.

4 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by youngeagle(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
Golan007:

Who would vote Igbo?

even if Igbos insults other tribes, does it make them less a Nigerian? this entitlement mentality is what drives the Biafra agenda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
youngeagle:
Will the Igbos support the igbo presidency based on tribe?
I started following Nigerian politics after the demise of Umaru Musa Yaradua and the politics involved in producing his successor, all those drama intrigued me to pay more attention to Nigerian politics and I can say I know little more now.

In other tribes the case is different, their are some tribes in Nigeria that can vote for a dead man, once his/her name is on the ballot paper and is the only one from their tribe, they don't mind, and some can go to the length of doing media sensitization, write too many articles, create too many social media accounts without the said candidate knowing they exist, only to promote their tribe man, all they care about is the bragging rights or the power that is now on the side of their tribe, so if the nation wants to perish let it perish, their belief is that Nigeria is not getting any better, so anything their tribe can do to grab power before it gets worse is to their advantage.
So they can promote any anything , once he/she is popular enough, being a convicted criminal, incompetent or not too bright for that position, they don't give a damn, their aim is to grab power at any cost.
Now that most tribes are doing the media eye service for an igbo president, my question is can you support an Igbo president based on tribe as other tribes has been doing or will you support based on credibility of the said individual.
Note: most credible candidates usually doesn't have the popularity required while the bad one's seem to know lots of people across tribes.
YoungEagle.
naturally igbos don't care who rules Nigeria ...but people has been taken that for granted that's why we are saying we must get it this time around

not that we need it no but to prove we can that's all
Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
youngeagle:
even if Igbos insults other tribes, does it make them less a Nigerian? this entitlement mentality is what drives the Biafra agenda

You still don't get it.

You cannot insult me yet ask me to vote for you.

It isn't rocket science.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Easternmind(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
Golan007:

You still don't get it.

It isn't rocket science.

As if other tribes dont insult igbos and even say unprintable things about them....

2 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by IamWonderful: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
We are not ready to hand over Nigeria to political vultures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by tutudesz: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Shameless hypocrites.

Watin concern us inside this matter SS is not contesting 2023, abeg this fight is between South East and South West

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by ludd2018: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
Igbos want Biafra period . Nigeria is not for Igbos . Igbo president will be a stooge to fulanis or be assassinated.
Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by olisaEze(m): 8:58am On Sep 02, 2020
Golan007:

You still don't get it.

It isn't rocket science.

Buhari insulted you when he told the world that "Nigerian youths are lazy", but you still supported him to a second term. So what’s in an insult, abi u think because they call it Nairaland, it is now the whole of Nigeria? Don’t let petty sentiments turn you to a tribal chauvinist here.

1 Like

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 9:54am On Sep 02, 2020
olisaEze:

Buhari insulted you when he told the world that "Nigerian youths are lazy", but you still supported him to a second term. So what’s in an insult, abi u think because they call it Nairaland, it is now the whole of Nigeria? Don’t let petty sentiments turn you to a tribal chauvinist here.

There is absolutely nothing you would say that would make the rest of the country to vote you.

That lesson you must learn.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by YorubaRitualist: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2020
Golan007:

There is absolutely nothing you would say that would make the rest of the country to vote you.

That lesson you must learn.
You have only one vote Oga,if buhari can win election and a fulani man at that even after all the atrocities the foolanis committed in nigeria then any other body can as as well win it.you will leave nigeria when an igbo wins the seat in 2023

1 Like

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by hajimosho(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2020
wink
Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by Golan007: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2020
YorubaRitualist:

You have only one vote Oga,if buhari can win election and a fulani man at that even after all the atrocities the foolanis committed in nigeria then any other body can as as well win it.you will leave nigeria when an igbo wins the seat in 2023

Let's see whether they'll vote an Igbo candidate.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will The Igbos Support The Igbo Presidency Based On Tribe? by YorubaRitualist: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2020
Golan007:

Let's see whether they'll vote an Igbo candidate.

grin
But you voted for a fulani man even after his kinsmen killed many nigerians grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Now In Possession Of A Recorded Tape Of Aburi Accord. / Reno Omokri Goes Full Judas , Wants Christmas Banned / You All Dressed Like The Condition You Kept Abia In, Nigerians React To Gov Ikpe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.