Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) (26950 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions Two 29MVA Power Substations For Surulere Residents / Police Arrest IPOB Member 'Blood' In Ebonyi. Recover Juju Box, Others (Photos) / Imo Government Commissions Two Modern Firefighting Trucks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by drinoayo: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has commissioned the Phase 1 of the Umuibe-Umuokereke--Ntighauzo-Ibeme Ring Road in Obingwa Local Government Area of the State completed by his government, Igbere TV reports.

Speaking while commissioning the project which is part of the statewide project inspection and commisioning tour tagged "Kinetic Abia", Governor Ikpeazu said the construction of the road was just the beginning of other road projects to be done around the area.

He further disclosed that the second phase of the road project would stretch to Akpaa and would be completed before December this year. He assured that the contractor would equally deliver quality work on the rural access road.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Works, Dr. Bob Ogu assured the people of the area of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu's commitment to commence the second phase of the road which would terminate at Akpaa.

He stressed the need for the people to protect the road and assist the contractor to achieve government's goal of fixing it.

Earlier, the Transition Committee Chairman for Obingwa Local Government Area, Chief Kingsley Nnaji commended the Governor for constructing the road. He informed that the road cuts across the five wards of Agalaba clan in Obingwa LGA and expressed the hope that the second phase of the road would be expedited.

Meanwhile, Governor Ikpeazu has commissioned the second phase of the Umuene-Obikabia Road and unveiled the Ururuka statue installed at the Obikabia Roundabout constructed by his administration. Speaking while commissioning the project, the Governor described the road as strategic as it will boost economic activities around Aba and its environs including Isialangwa North & South areas of the State. According to the Governor, the road is now an alternative route to Aba and Umuahia.

The Deputy Governor, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, while speaking at the event expressed joy that there is a significant positive change in the area and commended Governor Ikpeazu for putting smiles on the faces of Abians by fixing the road.

The Governor and his team also inspected other roads and projects including Egege Road in Aba. The tour is expected to continue tomorrow.

https://igberetvnews.com/1363281/ikpeazu-commissions-two-road-projects-inspects-others-photos/

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Exc2000: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
cool

Unfortunately Obaseki is yet to Commission anything while the criticized Ikpeazu is commissioning and flagging off projects

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by flyingpig: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
I just knew they won't snap beta picture of the road grin and if they do it will be all these 1 inch asphalt road that will be washed away by the next rainy season.

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by ggirl4real: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Well-done Mr. Governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by naijafella(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Congratulations! After 5 years

26 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Brandstudio01: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nonsense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2020
Exc2000:
Unfortunately Obaseki is yet to Commission anything
radarada, when you are a foreigner and not following the trend in Edo state. ask Edo people about what obaseki did in Edo state.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Martini101(m): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Water Side bridge is due for attention, considering the current stress and strain on the bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by majamajic(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
I can mention 20 state governors that ikpezu is far better than

Abiodun , the ogun state governor is among them

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Exc2000: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
Johnnyessence:
radarada, when you are a foreigner and not following the trend in Edo state. ask Edo people about what obaseki did in Edo state.

What did he do? Mention Atleast 5 projects he completed

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
this guy has done more roads than most governor's in Nigeria , there are not more than 10 governor's better than him I swear

his media team is just bad Sha n he is Igbo where we expose our bad side easily

osun + Oyo + ekiti governors combined no do half of the roads he has done

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Baawaa(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Well done Mr Governor, you can do more than this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by jmoore(m): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
majamajic:
I can mention 20 state governors that ikpezu is far better than

Abiodun , the ogun state governor is among them

Do you live in Abia?

Sincere Ignorance is not healthy.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Sosorrymods(f): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yoruba people are not afonjas..pls..they're humans...stop this tribalism...keep on waiting on the Messiah..they're good people that can lead Abia...but I dunno what kind of governors y'all keep electing
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Johnnyessence(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Exc2000:

What did he do? Mention Atleast 5 projects he completed
Google it on nairaland. stop asking me foolish questions.

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by osemoses1234(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Baba nah strong man if you know you know
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Stallion93(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
It’s 2020, 21st century and Governors are still commisioning roads. When they call you Shiithole u go start to vex

16 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by chibike69: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
grin

Thief

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by paymentvoucher: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
IGBE TV and Rubbish reporting are like 5 and 6.

Who the hell is Governor Okezie Ikpeazu? We don’t know.

Where the f*ck is Obingwa Local Government Area? We don’t know.

Is Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Governor of Lagos State? Or Obingwa Local Government Area is in Borno State?

SMH!

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Earlystar698(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
Sign of madness!
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by gangstarmonk(m): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
At least he commissioned something. undecided

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by CapitalHYC(m): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
grin Kerosine master dey do something o

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by ThatFairGuy1: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Johnnyessence:
Tell us here TEAM DANCING SENATOR

Igbochief001:
this guy has done more roads than most governor's in Nigeria , there are not more than 10 governor's better than him I swear

Igbo chief again! I keep saying You need to remove chief outta your name

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by nedu666: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

His media team can only showcase his achievements if at all they exists

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by anonimi: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
flyingpig:
I just knew they won't snap beta picture of the road grin and if they do it will be all these one inch of asphalt road that will be washed away by the next udu mmiri.

He needs to save money for the next kerosene distribution. embarassed angry

Igboblog:
2019 : I Weep For Abians By Wisdom Nwedene (Must Read)

Written by Wisdom Nwedene

Yesterday, pictures of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu branded Tanker distributing free kerosene to people at Umunkpeyi and other locations circulated the social media space.

Many people were seen struggling to get the free kerosene from the tanker.

I was shocked and wept bitterly when I saw the pictures because this is no longer the Abia State I know before.

From Ikpeazu's moves by sharing free kerosene and money to Abians few days to Governorship election, it is crystal clear that he is aware that he has failed the people who entrusted him with power.

I also heard that Ikpeazu said that the dark days are over for the civil servants in Abia State and donated 10 million naira to them.

My question to the civil servants is, will Ikpeazu 10 million naira solve the pains and problems you have been through in the last three and half years?

Let me quickly recall that in the last three and half years, almost all the civil servants in every sector protested over non payments of their salaries.

Let me do flashback, in 2018, the staff of Abia State owned University teaching hospital, Aba protested and cursed Ikpeazu over non-payment of their 9months salary.

The demonstration was staged Inside the premises of the hospital.

Also, in terms of infrastructure, Ikpeazu has not done well.

Let me also draw your mind to the Osisoma Flyover being constructed by Ikpeazu for over three years now.

Despite his promise that the flyover will be completed in January 2019, the truth is that the project has been abandoned.

When it comes to good road, hospital, empowering the farmers, Ikpeazu has not delivered also.

I don't know any reason a true Abia State born should want Ikpeazu to return to the Government House when he has failed to deliver half of the promises he made in 2015.

If you come to Ebonyi State, you will see what Umahi did in terms of infrastructure . He built many flyovers, good roads and empowered farmers. That's what I expected Ikpeazu to do.

Let me make it clear that I'm not from Abia State and didn't receive a dime to pen down this article but as a journalist, I know it is imperative to speak against evils, injustice, hunger, etc when I see them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937404_img20190307110657_jpeg344d077aaa77a670a015cde12e0a35dd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8937311_fbimg1551906880363_jpeg66c1be60232cccc1d7d86c7035261aed

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Exc2000: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Johnnyessence:

Is it not more foolish anybody would say google it on Nairaland ?! Like what the fvck.. google.com on Nairaland.com

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Bastard
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by lastempero: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hmm
Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
nedu666:

His media team can only showcase his achievements if at all they exists
oga go to abia development thread and see roads he has done oga ...this guy done do over 100 roads

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Commissions Two Road Projects, Inspects Others (photos) by lastempero: 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
Dominiqueismad:
Ok

Breast get level oooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / Simon Ekpa’s Sit-at-home Directive Flops In Southeast / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.