Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! (4807 Views)

Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Jose Mourinho To Leave Real Madrid By Mutual Consent / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by apoti(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2011
This Saturday marked another special anniversary for Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho.

It is nine years since one of the four teams he has managed since 2002 - Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real - lost a league match at home.
That record rolled on this weekend with a 2-0 victory over Levante courtesy of first-half goals from Karim Benzema and Ricardo Carvalho.
The last time the self-styled "Special One" experienced a league defeat with a side that he coached was on 23 February, 2002, when Porto were beaten 3-2 by Beira Mar.

Even then, Mourinho could claim extenuating circumstances given his Porto team were down to nine men by the end of the game and played for 65 minutes with less than 11 players.
Jorge Andrade was shown a red card in the 25th minute for a challenge on Beira Mar midfielder Bruno Ribeiro, with Cristiano Rocha's ensuing free-kick putting the visitors 1-0 ahead.

MOURINHO'S HOME RUN
Porto: P38 W36 D2
Chelsea: P60 W46 D14
Internazionale: P38 W29 D9
Real Madrid: P12 W12

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9399728.stm

Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by duduspace(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
I dislike the chap, but that is some achievement.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by GeeCee(m): 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2011
Dat's a great record. Though i don't like d man but we can't take d achievement away from him.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by apoti(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
I don't really like him too, but no doubt that's a great achievement
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by eldee(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2011
Thank God he left Chelsea sha . . .ahn ahn!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by diggz: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
Congrats the special one!!!
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by AjanleKoko: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
Don't like the man personally, but that's an outstanding achievement. He will surely go down as one of the greatest managers ever in the game.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by switch411(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2011
I love morinho, i love him, i like him very much!! he is the best!! special one
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by Phony200(m): 12:55am On Feb 22, 2011
Just curious but has anyone ever come close to achieving something like this?? 9 years is a helluva time never to lose at home, spanning 4 teams!
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by mystikal(m): 2:16am On Feb 22, 2011
E try small #Badbelle
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by apoti(m): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2011
Phony200:

Just curious but has anyone ever come close to achieving something like this?? 9 years is a helluva time never to lose at home, spanning 4 teams!

Nobody has done that before. It's a record breaking achievement
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by 1025: 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
it is so sad that this thread is full of I DON'T LIKE HIM statements. this goes a long way to show u the position of a typical nigerian on achievers. no wonder nigeria has refused to embrace all the good things of life. the thread did not ask for who like mourinho or who hate him rather it is about achievements. in life, one can grow in relevance that even his enemies cannot avoid him.
at least no coach in the world can stand this record and that is something worthy of our celebrations.
how can a coach play for 9 yrs without letting his home fans down for once? this is really great.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by mystikal(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ol' boy, It shows the bigger man even when you dislike someone but is still willing to congratulate them on their good. We can't all adore d special one.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by apoti(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2011
1025:

it is so sad that this thread is full of I DON'T LIKE HIM statements. this goes a long way to show u the position of a typical nigerian on achievers. no wonder nigeria has refused to embrace all the good things of life. the thread did not ask for who like mourinho or who hate him rather it is about achievements. in life, one can grow in relevance that even his enemies cannot avoid him.
at least no coach in the world can stand this record and that is something worthy of our celebrations.
how can a coach play for 9 yrs without letting his home fans down for once? this is really great.

I can't see the point you are trying to make, because everyone that said 'i don't like him' still acknowledged his achievement which is a high level of maturity. Everyone has the right to like or dislike anyone and it is not peculiar to nigeria
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by AjanleKoko: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
1025:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That you don't like someone doesn't mean you hate that person, or not respect the person.
I got lots of respect for Mourinho. He's just not my type of coach, or espouse what I think about football.
I would say it's typical Naija attitude in fact, not to respect other people's opinion.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by Pharoh: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2011
I don't really know why people just hate this Jose of a man because to me he has not offended anybody to say the truth.

Congrats to him anyway but he will surely lose it someday and there are many other records in football which are better than this too but mostly at the club level.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by switch47(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
I love JM MOURINHO, i love his approach.he is a lovely coach.a mafia manager kind of coach!! Congrats
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by 1025: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
That you don't like someone doesn't mean you hate that person, or not respect the person.
I got lots of respect for Mourinho. He's just not my type of coach, or espouse what I think about football.
I would say it's typical Naija attitude in fact, not to respect other people's opinion.

@AjanleKoko,
uncle, from nursery to primary down to secondary even at the university, there is always a topic in english language called words and opposite. under this topic, whenever there is like at one side, dislike which is another word for hate takes position.
whatever u don't like, u hate.
i am only talking abt this with special refference to nigeria because the topic was not even about those who like mourinho and those who hate him. the topic says, JOSE MOURINHO COMPLETES NINE YEAR UNBEATEN IN HOME MATCHES.
nairalanders now changed the topic to i hate him though. who is interested in u hating a man God loves. who cares if u hate a great achiever? how does it affect what he does wether u hate him or not?
like i said, everything about us nigerians are upside down. we are anti clock wise and it is reflecting in our society. we hate those we shld love and love those we shld hate.
is a sign of backwardness, madness, envy, greed, anti progressives that majority of us hate an achiever then tell me who we like under-achievers and useless policticians.
can't we see we need to change our behaviours since we are not progressing with what we have.

I can't see the point you are trying to make, because everyone that said 'i don't like him' still acknowledged his achievement which is a high level of maturity. Everyone has the right to like or dislike anyone and it is not peculiar to nigeria

@apoti,
the key word here is, i don't like him. my question is why? he is one of the best if not the best. do u know of anyother coach with such record? is not as if he is doing this with one club but with different clubs in different leagues. let us always like achievers. the secret of success is being happy so successful ppl. we are full of greed and it is really affecting us. how can you progress when u don't like progressives?
it is a law of nature that whatsoever u like comes to and that is while u see these whites, they vote good ppl, honour gr8 ppl and love achievers but in our case, we vote criminals,honour thieves and love under-achievers.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by A40(m): 1:07am On Feb 26, 2011
I thought some people said he was a fluke not too long ago grin grin. Nairaland and its clowns
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by apoti(m): 1:09am On Feb 26, 2011
1025:

@apoti,
the key word here is, i don't like him. my question is why? he is one of the best if not the best. do u know of anyother coach with such record? is not as if he is doing this with one club but with different clubs in different leagues. let us always like achievers. the secret of success is being happy so successful ppl. we are full of greed and it is really affecting us. how can you progress when u don't like progressives?
it is a law of nature that whatsoever u like comes to and that is while u see these whites, they vote good ppl, honour gr8 ppl and love achievers but in our case, we vote criminals,honour thieves and love under-achievers.

@1025,
u still don't get the point, I opened the thread because I recognise his achievement and know he is a world class coach. but I don't have to "like" him because of that.
Fela Anikulapo Kuti is a great musician, known and respected worldwide and I acknowledge his works and achievement too, but that doesn't mean I should "like" fela or his music, It's my opinion and choice and it happens all over the world. Even the whites stars u are referring to have haters as well.
so change your mentality that I must like someone by force, or do u like and admire everyone in the guiness book of records??

1025:

@AjanleKoko,
uncle, from nursery to primary down to secondary even at the university, there is always a topic in english language called words and opposite. under this topic, whenever there is like at one side, dislike which is another word for hate takes position.

Oga sir, the same english language made provision for someone to be indifferent. It is possible for me not to like someone and not hate him at the same time. And if I can still recognise and appreciate his achievement without "liking" him u don't have to crucify me for that.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by 1025: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
@1025,
u still don't get the point, I opened the thread because I recognise his achievement and know he is a world class coach. but I don't have to "like" him because of that.
Fela Anikulapo Kuti is a great musician, known and respected worldwide and I acknowledge his works and achievement too, but that doesn't mean I should "like" fela or his music, It's my opinion and choice and it happens all over the world. Even the whites stars u are referring to have haters as well.
so change your mentality that I must like someone by force, or do u like and admire everyone in the guiness book of records??

Quote from: 1025 on February 25, 2011, 09:28 PM
@AjanleKoko,

Oga sir, the same english language made provision for someone to be indifferent. It is possible for me not to like someone and not hate him at the same time. And if I can still recognise and appreciate his achievement without "liking" him u don't have to crucify me for that.

@apoti,
i hope u are not advising me to change my mentality and join u in hating great ppl.
do u know who a saddist is? those who hate good news and great ppl. those who hate achievers. enemies of progress, those who prefer darkness to light, those who prefer bad roads to good roads, those who prefer under-development to development, those who prefer backwardness to forwardness.
uncle, if i have to make a choice, I WILL PREFER TO BE ENVIED TO BE PITIED.
no matter what u do, some ppl are abnormal and that is why they don't appreciate good things.
in nigeria, we have more of these saddists. ppl who are anti good news. ppl who are prophets of doom. ppl who don't like their own to progress.
on nairaland, nigeria is well represented and that is why u can see many anti mikel topics. that is why u can't see good news about our players progress on this forum.
uncle, take a trip to the politics section, u will see how dirty the news are.
all these things reflect on daily lives.
we are not patrotic in nature. if u don't love good things, what are the chances of good things coming ur ways?
we have wicked minds. we have evil spirits and we are under the influence of dark powers.
hate is a strong word especially when it applies to those who have nothing to do with ur life and existance.
mourinho is a symbol of achievements and that is what he is known for. messi, ronaldo, drogba and other wonderful footballers of this world are doing their things without our legs and needs to be appreciated.
players like sam okwaraji died serving his country so anyother player can face same and as such must be seen as our servant that needs thank u for ur services.
i have had the opportunity of visiting few countries of this world and i come to terms with why we are never worried with our stagnation.
we are very wicked and deserves what we have.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by medjai(m): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2011
I see this run ending after the next el-classico at Bernabeu.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by 1025: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2011
I see this run ending after the next el-classico at Bernabeu.

@prophet of doom,
what if it does not end? even if it ends, do u see anyother coach achieving such in anytime soon? why are u wishing such to him? cld it be u don't like better things or are u saying jose does not deserve ore than that?
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by medjai(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2011
1025:

@prophet of doom,
what if it does not end? even if it ends, do u see anyother coach achieving such in anytime soon? why are u wishing such to him? cld it be u don't like better things or are u saying jose does not deserve ore than that?
I'm just being realistic here or have you forgotten the 5-0 ignominous defeat at the hands of Barca? As far as I'm concerned, this is a meaningless record, impressive nonetheless. Do you think this record would have any meaning if it's not accompanied by trophies? The most important thing still is winning trophies.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by Pharoh: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
medjai:

I'm just being realistic here or have you forgotten the 5-0 ignominous defeat at the hands of Barca? As far as I'm concerned, this is a meaningless record, impressive nonetheless. Do you think this record would have any meaning if it's not accompanied by trophies? The most important thing still is winning trophies.

So during those nine years, mourinho has not won any trophies?
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by medjai(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
Pharoh:

So during those nine years, mourinho has not won any trophies?
Of course, he has grin cheesy My point is, if he hadn't been winning trophies, we won't remember how long he's been unbeaten in a home game. The record on its own is impressive but not a big deal.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by 1025: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2011
Of course, he has My point is, if he hadn't been winning trophies, we won't remember how long he's been unbeaten in a home game. The record on its own is impressive but not a big deal.

@medjai,
wether u win anything or not, playing nine yrs without a home defeat will surely be on record.
if u say this is not a big deal, then move to jos and u will see big deal or u can attend pdp rally and then u surely will meet big deal.
ur type will not even recognise him even if he play like that till the next 98 yrs.
uncle, u are just a polite saddist.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by nateevs(m): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2011
medjai:

Of course, he has grin cheesy My point is, if he hadn't been winning trophies, we won't remember how long he's been unbeaten in a home game. The record on its own is impressive but not a big deal.

Not a big deal. shocked shocked
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by medjai(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
nateevs:

Not a big deal. shocked shocked
Yeah, it's not a big deal. If Mourinho weren't winning trophies, we won't be talking about this record. My point is, you are remembered for winning trophies, everything else you achieve alongside that are by the way.

Birmingham had also gone 10 months unbeaten at home before their loss to Arsenal but it's not being celebrated because nothing came out of it.
Shakthar Donetsk have not lost a home game in Europe since October 2008 and Aris Saloniki have remained unbeaten at home in Europe for the past 41 years. All these things only matter when they're accompanied with trophies.
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by diggz: 8:50am On Mar 09, 2011
Dear Mr JM,even one of your critics tried to copy your style @ the camp nou lastnight but,failed woefully. The failure had the nerve to promise us attacking footie yet,the failures team couldn't muster a shot on target. I dey laff ooooo! I sure say U dey laff too ooooooo! Attractive and sexy footie our ikebe! Lol
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by nastydamus(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2011
diggz:

Dear Mr JM,even one of your critics tried to copy your style @ the camp nou lastnight but,failed woefully. The failure had the nerve to promise us attacking footie yet,the failures team couldn't muster a shot on target. I dey laff ooooo! I sure say U dey laff too ooooooo! Attractive and sexy footie our ikebe! Lol

Nice one, at least some Arsenal fans noticed the tactic from the first minute.
It was a wrong move by Wenger on so many different levels.
Only Mourinho can pull a stunt like that and leave in one piece - reason being he takes his time to fortify his defence.
At a point in his stint at Chelsea, my friends used to call Chelsea's defence a 'firewall'.
Any lens you look at him through, he's a 'special' person. grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Completes Nine Year Unbeaten In Home Matches, What A Record! by ritchboy(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
Finally. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

UCL: Benfica Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On Tuesday October-2-2012 / Adebayor accused of theft of arsenal players' boots / Pep Guardiola Is A Racist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.