Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State (32179 Views)

To Apply For Federal Government Recruitment 2018, Checkout No. 4 / Akwa Ibom State Government Recruitment 2018/2019 / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by teey3: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2020
My wife applied for Nursing, she score 74 but was not shortlisted for interview, .... So pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2020
It's like Every Recruitment under Buhari administration (APC) is nothing but a scam, from customs to Nscdc to INEC recruitment all are inconclusive.

But they can easily recruit police Constables that are ssce and they soldiers too so they can sacrifice them to Boko Haram.

APC = scam

2 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Mowsid(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2020
Timtellect:

Your lies can bring down heaven. 450k per annum for federal job?... That's about 37k a month. Na First school leaving certificate she used?

How about those receiving 30k monthly as minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by AssistantJesus1: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2020

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2020
Gbangasawyer:
It's like Every Recruitment under Buhari administration (APC) is nothing but a scam, from customs to Nscdc to INEC recruitment all are inconclusive.

But they can easily recruit police Constables that are ssce and they soldiers too so they can sacrifice them to Boko Haram.

APC = scam

Oyo state is a PDP state.

Also, the thing is , for government jobs, the applicants are always more than the job spaces. No way they can take everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by olaoyejunior3: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2020
Sixfit:
Are you just knowing this.. Its a man know man in this jungle, even me self follow u tire.

Contact me for your strong Nord VPN 3 years login. Selling very cheap.
it's a man know God case.
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by yomi007k(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2020
Op is you are sure of yourself, try and share this infotmation with the twitter handle of the Governor of Oyo state.

You will see changes.

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by MajohBankz: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2020
maxwell767:
welcome to naija
Everything is all about who you know.

Even in covid-19 people are still asking do you know anybody that has covid-19

grin grin grin grin
Guuy you no well

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Geonigga(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Contrary to your assertion I noticed that one Balogun who scored 80 in the test was shortlisted among the 18 names.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by proclinician: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
In as Much as The Man Know man stuff in Nigeria is Real, I Have Seen People who Got into Government Parasatals by Miracle..
No Human Connection of any sort!

because they told u there was no human connection. They actually told u a miracle happened and you believed

3 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by proclinician: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2020
Timtellect:

Your lies can bring down heaven. 450k per annum for federal job?... That's about 37k a month. Na First school leaving certificate she used?

What is the minimum wage of the country noise maker.

3 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Kobicove(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2020
Emmy3:

This country done bad so tey people go dey look you like alien if you dey upright.

But OP, test score is not the only criteria that an employer considers.
Others factors like:
Specific Skills Sets,
Work experience (the most important),
Education and Credentials,
Social/Crimmal records are also considered.

But laslas we go dey upright....
I pray God give you a better job.

The first paragraph of your comment is so very true cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Desmondum: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2020
holadhayor:
I see no reason why this should be moved to fp. Aren't we aware of data protection on this forum?
morzook:
[b]Maybe you didn't pass[/b]Not everyone that wrote an exam will be employed. My sister wrote same Ascon and was employed and there was no connection involved

@holadhayor I mentioned you together with morzook so you could see one of the reasons I uploaded the list here, many people wudnt still believe no matter what. That's why I had to do it that way.

I used to be like morzook too until this happened to me. Who knows? Exposing them to the core might just help some more people, not just doing this for myself.

The list has been removed anyway, but I'm glad some people were able to see it.
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by kellybently(m): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2020
Mowsid:
Everything in this country is through connection and slot. These days people do pay to get jobs. A woman paid #700k for a federal job worth 450k annually . You actually need money to get money

because the woman no get senses. How ll you pay such amount. Cant she invest in her self. Women have more opportunity in business like than men.

With 100k i guaranty you profit of 10k every day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by OpethomElectric: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2020
My wife got 86% them no shortlist her name o , person way score 60 plus saw her name ... awon wayre .... I dey wonder watin go happen for federal

4 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:23am On Sep 02, 2020
One of my University days friend got employment to one of the paramilitary without them recruiting, i asked him, how do you get the job, he said if you don't know somebody or somebody that know somebody, you can't get anything from Nigeria ministries.fear catch me I swear.

4 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by HENRY940: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2020
Good morning, Op.

Happy waking.

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Xisnin(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
If there are 100 open slots...
and 10,000 wrote the exam...
but 800 passed,

they will still take only 100 applicants.

If you were hired, will you still believe it is unfair?

/
Irrelevant.
If there are 100 open slots and the 100 slots were filled with those who passed.
Then, the OP has no reason to complain.

However, people who passed were sidelined for those who didn't make the cutoff.
That is the real problem.

4 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Xisnin(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2020
Emmy3:
This country done bad so tey people go dey look you like alien if you dey upright.

But OP, test score is not the only criteria that an employer considers.
Others factors like:
Specific Skills Sets,
Work experience (the most important),
Education and Credentials,
Social/Public/Criminal records are also considered.

But laslas we go dey upright....
I pray God give you a better job.
Government recruitment is very different from private ones.

Moreover, as long as there is a cutoff mark, the only people that should
be considered are those who got above the mark.
Even private entities who supposedly consider all aspect of a candidate usually
respects their cut off point if they conduct a screening exam.

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by ridbell01(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2020
Democracy kill the country

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by usman3688(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Amazinggirl95:
No merit again in this country thats why their is no development and the country is the way it is..allow the merit candidate....then Connection can come later,thats how its soppose to be...there was a country

Maybe there still is. My brother got a job with FIRS this year based on Merit. He just submit his CV through a friend that works there and behold he was called for appointment letter a month after. No follow up nothing. I think it was a Devine connection sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by nigeriagospel(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2020
kellybently:

because the woman no get senses. How ll you pay such amount. Cant she invest in her self. Women have more opportunity in business like than men.

With 100k i guaranty you profit of 10k every day.
can you please share the business with sir 08102580463****
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by reason1man: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2020
I think you deserve what you got, people spoke about the injustice and you ignored it because you were not affected, welcome to the law of karma
Desmondum:
I have been hearing people saying this but I never believed, I used to think those people are just finding excuses for their failure. Now it has happened to me.

We applied for advertised jobs at the Oyo State Hospital Management Board around November last year, qualified applicants wrote CBT around February this year. The results were out around March and people who failed and passed were able to see/check their result one way or the other.

Now, wen the list for shortlisted candidates for interview was pasted just last week, it was not up to 10-20% of the people that passed. It became obvious that only connection worked here.

My question now is that, is this how we are going to continue in this country?

What exactly is the future of youths in Nigeria?

For how long are we going to remain this way?

Kindly share your experience if you have passed through a situation like this either on State or Federal level, I would also appreciate other people that applied, passed and denied employment in Oyo State Hospital Management Board to buttress this. I don't want to keep quiet because our silence keep making things worse in this country.

Below is the list of people that passed in my department. I'll upload the few list for the final shortlisted candidates next to it, just 18 people.
Apologies to anyone who might not like his or her name published, but I just have to do this, we can't continue this way in this country.

Mods, I'll really appreciate if you guys can move this to FP.

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Amazinggirl95: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2020
usman3688:

Maybe there still is. My brother got a job with FIRS this year based on Merit. He just submit his CV through a friend that works there and behold he was called for appointment letter a month after. No follow up nothing. I think it was a Devine connection sha

Did he submit in abuja or which state
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Ollyb10: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2020
usman3688:

Read what u wrote again and listen to the contradiction urself

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by InvertedHammer: 10:40am On Sep 02, 2020
Xisnin:

Irrelevant.
If there are 100 open slots and the 100 slots were filled with those who passed.
Then, the OP has no reason to complain.

However, people who passed were sidelined for those who didn't make the cutoff.
That is the real problem.
/
Who said that written exam is the only criterion for employment in Nigeria? They could be quota system at play as well.

/
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Damseldammie(f): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Securing a govt job in Nigeria is all about connection, which has been in existence since the time immemorial .... Ki Olórun sàánú fún wa (Àmín Olóun)

3 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by adeoba2008(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Sorry bro.
I never bother myself applying for government jobs. If you don't know an insider , forget it.
I was once in Abuja to apply for Federal Civil Service job. After waiting for several hours we were allowed to enter the building . They just collected my form and asked me to see my State Commission who will process the application on my behalf. After many years am still waiting for their call.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Noblejay7: 10:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Job racketeering in Nigeria is no longer a hiding thing. In fact even HR guys in the private sector now syndicate jobs in exchange for money.

To get a government job now, you must either get a slot through a politician/big man in government or you are willing to pay for it.

Nigeria needs help !

4 Likes

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2020
The article is full of flawed assumptions

Op says that less than 20%of the people interviewed got the job, therefore they used connections

And he offers no proof

Was he expecting government to dash him job?
Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Ekeletu: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2020
Desmondum:
I have been hearing people saying this but I never believed, I used to think those people are just finding excuses for their failure. Now it has happened to me.

We applied for advertised jobs at the Oyo State Hospital Management Board around November last year, qualified applicants wrote CBT around February this year. The results were out around March and people who failed and passed were able to see/check their result one way or the other.

Now, wen the list for shortlisted candidates for interview was pasted just last week, it was not up to 10-20% of the people that passed. It became obvious that only connection worked here.

My question now is that, is this how we are going to continue in this country?

What exactly is the future of youths in Nigeria?

For how long are we going to remain this way?

Kindly share your experience if you have passed through a situation like this either on State or Federal level, I would also appreciate other people that applied, passed and denied employment in Oyo State Hospital Management Board to buttress this. I don't want to keep quiet because our silence keep making things worse in this country.

Below is the list of people that passed in my department. I'll upload the few list for the final shortlisted candidates next to it, just 18 people.
Apologies to anyone who might not like his or her name published, but I just have to do this, we can't continue this way in this country.

Mods, I'll really appreciate if you guys can move this to FP.
Everything in Nigeria is a scam

1 Like

Re: Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State by Tonto30(f): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Reminds me of how they recruited in a school around me here last year, a Federal University. I didn't even know they were recruiting, only to find out later. No advert was made, nothing. Over 500 people were employed. Ever since then I knew nothing good was going to come out of this country.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Presidency Employs 173 Ex-Corpers Into Civil Service / AB Inbev Global Management Trainee Program (GMT) 2019 / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.