Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,284 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala (769 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by 02emrys(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
STORY OF A RAPE VICTIM WRITTEN BY OSOCHI IGWALA

“Boom boom”.

He banged the door continuously as if he wanted to break it down, it was obvious he was drunk again, it was around 10:35pm I went to open the door for him.
“Stupid girl what took you so long”? He shouted at me as he raised his fist to hit me

“Arghhh”. I cried silently as I fell to the ground.

My night gown slightly opened as my young tender laps unveiled.”
Hmmm “.he smiled mischievously as he rushed on me like a lion ready to devour its prey. Uncle stop na dis tin dey pain me I murmured as he forced his hands into my pants.

“Shut up watin u sabi? asif e no dey sweet you?”.

Uncle ifeanyi was my aunty’s husband, I lived with them in a two bedroom flat in rumigbo in port Harcourt ,I still remember the day I went to live with them ,my father had just died from a stroke and my mother was partially blind .

The death of my father was very shocking to me cause we were very close until his stroke, I was coming back from school when I saw plenty people heading to my compound so I hurried inside the compound to meet women and men wailing I ran to my mother and asked what was going on when she broke the news to me “Sandra my daughter”. she said “ your father is dead”
“ I don’t understand “I said as hot tears escaped through my eyes, come and show me daddy I said as ran into his room but I was stopped by some men at the entrance holding me and console me but the pain was unbearable. I cried till my tears gland was empty.
Three days later was my father’s burial my uncles and aunty were all present .They were all wealthy people flaunty their money around the village I never liked them cause they didn’t supported my father in anyway though he was their senior brother whom gave up his education for them. Due to my father siblings wealth the burial was very extravagant, funny how people spend money on you when u are dead but can’t spend on you when you are alive.

“Sandra Sandra”, my mother’s voice brought me back from my wild thought come and say hello to your aunty my mommy said as she held me up from the chair I was sitting down I was only 7 years old .i forced a smiled as I walked into her arms “aunty welcome”,I said shining my entire dental. “Thank you Sandra how are you doing?” “I am fine“. I said as I went back to sit down. Later that night my mother called me inside her small hut “Sandra my daughter I want make you go stay with your aunty” “no na mama”. I cried out “I no fit go stay with those people I wan stay with you”. I said as I moved close to her hugging her in an attempt to change her mind but her mind was already made up. “you no fit stay with me na how I go carry take care of you?"
Make you follow your aunty so she go fit put you for school” she said. I hugged her even tighter as she broke down in tears and couldn’t hold back the saddest In my heart I just lost my father and am leaving my mother .we cried our self to sleep that night.

The next day we left for port Harcourt after bidding farewell to my mother.

“Wake up and carry your bag we have reach”.

A mighty slap landed on my cheek as I opened my eyes to see we have reached the bus pack. “Madam take am easy na”.
A fellow passenger said looking at me with pity, “no mind am na so dem they do I no say no be her pikin”.
Another passenger added.

Aunty Amaka did not answer them she just frowned her face as she dragged me out of the bus and walked down the road.

When we got home I was very tired .she showed me to a room were foodstuff was kept
“this is where u will be sleeping”.
She said as she cat walked out on me. I dropped my bag as I sat on the floor I guess this was the beginning of my suffering.

After uncle ifeanyi finished raping me he staggers into his room as I laid there in pain, I felt like I was in hell since my first day in this house. The next day I woke up by 4.o.clock to do all the house chores before going to sell pure water while my mates were in school. The day I asked my aunty if I will not be going to school as she had promised my mother a year ago she beat me black and blue saying that I had to raised my school fees from the pure water I was selling.
The sun was hot as hell I just finished selling the 5th bag of pure water, I was very hungry with my basin in my hand I walked home

“hello! hello! small girl”.

A voice called from behind I was brought to a halt as a hand griped my shoulder I turned it was Mr. Daniel he lived in the same compound with my aunty “why are you looking so tired? Have you eaten?” He asked examining me I shook my head as I lacked the strength to utter any word.

”What of your aunty I don’t like the way she is treating you” I need to talk to her” he said again I did not answer I just looked at him he understood I didn’t want to talk. “Let me buy you sometime to eat”, he finally said dipping his hand in his pocket brought out a 200naira note and gave it to me. I was overjoyed, this was the first good thing someone did for me since I arrived in this place, I thought to myself ,I thanked him very well as I ran off very happy I didn’t know were the strength came from but it did.

I bought biscuit and groundnut sat on the corridor of our house and ate it like dog that has been starved for long. As I ate I was lost in my thought and did not notice my aunty as she came back home ,”So u have been stealing my money” she said ,

No I did not……..

I tried to defend myself when her shoe hit me hard in the face, she rushed at me not allowing me to finish my statement beating me with anything she came across I tried to run for my dear life but she was too fast she dragged me inside the house locked the door, and started kicking me mercilessly I cried for help but to no avail cause there was no one in the compound “stupid girl you are now stealing my money na as if sleeping with my husband is not enough”.

I couldn’t take this anymore. “your husband don dey rape me every day for the past one year and u dey tok nonsense “I said trying to stand up she knew it was true and she hated me the more and don’t know why she could stop him from defiling her niece, maybe cause she loved him or she was scared but she just poured the anger on me.” Are you talking to me?” She said fuming in anger and hatred for the 8 years old girl her husband was banging instead of her, it was as if I awaking something inside her, she gave me the beating of my life. I cried and shouted for help but it was as if God wanted me to die that day. She left me lying on the floor helplessly to bring a belt seems she was tired of using her hand as she left.

I couldn’t take this no more this life was not worth living, I was constantly molested by my uncle and beaten and starved by my aunty this was my chance.
I managed to get up from the ground walked to the kitchen brought out a knife I had to end this. Raising the knife up with all my strength I drove the knife in my stomach.

“Arghed!!!”

I cried fell to the ground as blood gushed out of my body filling the kitchen tiles my body was getting weak and my soul was leaving me. I thought of my mother she would be heartbroken but this was the best I smiled ,this life was finally over I closed my eyes in death as I laid in my own pool of blood.

SAY NO TO RAPE
SAY NO TO CHILD ABUSE
SAY NO TO MOLESTATION
SAY NO TO SUICIDE
THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE TO TALK TO...
Re: Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by mooojy: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
02emrys
We have got to talk. Very important and urgent.
Re: Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by 02emrys(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
mooojy:
02emrys
Hello
Re: Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by DeckeyLyrical(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
mooojy:
02emrys

Please reply your PM
Re: Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by mooojy: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
DeckeyLyrical:

Please reply your PM
It may be late but I'll reply.
Re: Story Of A Rape Victim Written By Osochi Igwala by DeckeyLyrical(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
mooojy:

It may be late but I'll reply.

Thanks.. I will be waiting

(1) (Reply)

Condemned (A Christian Fiction) / . / OKPOROKO 14+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.