Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother (5559 Views)

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 4:03am On Sep 03, 2020
My story is a long one, but before I start, I just want you all to know that this is a true story, I am not a scammer. I can provide evidence and sign an agreement/undertaking if the need be.

I am a University graduate, I had a 2:1 in History and Strategic Studies and have completed my Youth Service.

I got pregnant in my final year, second semester for my boyfriend whom I thought loves me, but I was wrong. Our relationship was not really a serious affair as such, I met him in my 2nd year in Enugu. We were only chatting for a while before we first met in my 3rd year again. The relationship was a long-distance thing because he stays in Enugu and I was schooling outside of Enugu.

I can count how many times I have seen him, 6 times. The 6th was when I got pregnant, we have not met for 11 months, I was preoccupied with school and other stuff. Eventually, I visited. Like I knew what will happen, I warned him to use Condom but he said no, that whatever happens, he will take care of me.

I realized I was pregnant after 1 month, called him, but he said I should abort. I went to 2 pharmacies but they objected until I provide him to sign an undertaking. And I was in school, he was in Enugu. I was so scared, confused, and didn't know what to do. See my project coming, see exams, how I managed to scale through with the pregnancy, is still a miracle to me. I could remember carrying 8 months of pregnancy to Taraba State where I was posted for NYSC, I could still remember my swollen legs after the journey.

It was a terrible experience, I won't wish even my worst enemy to go through one bit of what I went through. Even after childbirth, I bleed for 6 weeks as a result of some leftover placenta. The sleepless nights, the cryings, the frustrations, the wretchedness, the shame. The whole time, my boyfriend was not in the picture. He stopped picking my calls. I visited him with my 8 months pregnancy, he sent me away and warned me never to come to look for him.

I have been staying with this aunt of mine all through my pregnancy, even did my NYSC in her house, I was reposted from Camp to Imo State. But it was not easy living with her. She is this person that complains about everything, even the food I eat. She contributed to my frustrations. I won't lie that she has helped me, but it was frustrating because she is too bitter towards me.

I completed my service and relocated to the village to stay with my parents. As of then, my daughter was 8 months old. I was doing all the village chores to survive with my child. But along the line, my mother died of a snake bite when my child was 1 year and 7 months. It was devastating!! I didn't think I could survive it, my mum had been a strong support and I was at peace staying in the village with her. I became a shadow of myself, I started working as a roadside sweeper. Sweeping express road early in the morning.

Things were not easy for me in the village since my mum passed away. I had to travel back to stay with that aunt of mine. God, it was hell living with her. I was enduring every tribulation I faced living in my aunt's house until I couldn't endure it further after a strong misunderstanding where she hauled insults at me calling me names even prostitute and reminding me that she is the one fending for me. I got angry and traveled to Abuja to my girlfriend's with my daughter. Things were not easy there as well, I didn't see any job to do. And no money, I had to travel back to the village.

I resolved to carry my cross the way I saw it. I kept reminding myself that I was paying for the sin of fornication. I was doing village chores and saving small money. I started applying for jobs online until I got a job in Enugu. I took my child to my aunt because there is nothing I could do and no one I could entrust my child with. And I needed to get out of that village that was turning me into an old woman.

So, as bitter as it is, I left my daughter to the aunt that has been a torn to my flesh. I started working in Enugu in a firm, the job came with accommodation. But, bearly working for just 5 months, Covid19 struck, I was laid off from the 20,000 naira job I was managing.

I went back to my aunt and daughter, since the Covid19. I have been Jobless and broke. It is frustrating with my aunt on my head constantly reminding me that I am doing nothing but eating. Sometimes, I starve myself so that she won't complain about the food. She picks at everything I do in the house. My presence irritates her, i don't have peace of mind at all, am scared and afraid.. I have even lost my self-esteem.

I am 26 years old, broke, homeless, no bussiness, and a child. My aunt is a big woman in a federal government job. She has a good job and earns good money but finds it hard to help, she complains and calculates everything she has done for somebody. Staying with her is like staying in hellfire. She is not married.

Please, I need someone to help me with a job that has accommodation and can require me to bring my 4 years daughter along. Please.. Or any suggestions that can help me to be a better version of my self. I need help. This aunt of mine thinks without her, I am nothing, I really want to prove her wrong. As I said, I am ready to provide evidence and sign an agreement if need be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Demayour: 4:16am On Sep 03, 2020
Wow... things humans experience

I don't have an offer to give out but I think I have something to say and I hope it makes sense to you.

Let's say this your aunt treats you and your daughter kindly, provides all that you need etc, would you want to live all your life depending on her?

Your answer is probably "no". This is why your mission should not be to quiet your aunt but to achieve a normal life for yourself and your daughter. When you think of achieving a better standard of living and fulfilling your purpose, I think you'd have more time to focus and escape from people who might want to exploit you.

May the right opportunity find you.

17 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by yomi007k(m): 4:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Life can be tough sometimes, I understand.

Please your aunt is in no way the cause of your problems and because she has her own don't mean you are entitled to anything. You are even lucky she chooses to help for if she doesn't, she has no obligation to do so.

You should look for the father of your child and try and get a way for him to support the child either you use the law or human rights. This is because you and your baby daddy started this and have to find a way to solve it.

As for you, you need to face responsibilities and solve your own problems by yourself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Danzakidakura(m): 5:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Mmmmmm life. Do you have hand work, what can you do.do you have any trade skill ? You can put your account number so that people will support you with the little they have, then you can manage start a business not as you search for job.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by dingbang(m): 5:14am On Sep 03, 2020
Cleaning services jobs are cool. But your acc is a new account.. Quite a red flag

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by mkoabiola: 5:27am On Sep 03, 2020
New account.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Sage161(m): 5:40am On Sep 03, 2020
I don't have a job to offer you but perhaps I can help with some advice. You're who you are due to the choices you made yesterday but that doesn't mean your life is over, Try harder to secure a job. Ask questions and search harder not underestimating the powerful spiritual support of God. I understand it may not be easy going through those challenges but in our darkest times, hope is what we give ourselves that tommorow would be better than today. That should be your inner strength. Don't lose it and don't ever assume there's no job. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. I can see you're trying hard but I urge you to try harder and employ new tactics. We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails to reach our destinations. Furthermore, There is no market for your emotions, So never advertise your feelings, just display your best attitude. If you advertise your feelings, people might only want to take advantage of you. Sharing your problems with others doesn’t help rather people who took pity on u increases!!! It is sad but true.

2 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by mamaafrik(m): 6:09am On Sep 03, 2020

God will see you through,try come up with a business plan to set yourself up and seek donation,that will help

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2020
Reading.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by IVORY2009(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Following this thread carefully!!!

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by UDUJ(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2020
People should be very careful with brand new nairaland accounts seeking assistance. Over 90% of them are scammers.

This op created this account just yesterday. If you really need help use your real account.

Until proven otherwise, I see this as SCAM.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by thorpido(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2020
..whatever happens he will take care of me.
Young girls never learn

Take responsibility for your sexual wellbeing.First thing to master well is your reproductive cycle.There are periods in your cycle that are safe and some days are not safe.Master it well.
It is still possible to get pregnant any day of your cycle so have a back up plan.If your partner won't use a condome,you get a femdom.Get a spermicide or use a morning after pill or just get on long term contraception if you will regularly have sex.

Anyway,Op,it's a new account so....

8 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by adeadeyera(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Do you have any skills?
What can you do?
Answers to these questions might help you get you what to do in the meantime.

Send your account number anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2020
Demayour:
Wow... things humans experience

I don't have an offer to give out but I think I have something to say and I hope it makes sense to you.

Let's say this your aunt treats you and your daughter kindly, provides all that you need etc, would you want to live all your life depending on her?

Your answer is probably "no". This is why your mission should not be to quiet your aunt but to achieve a normal life for yourself and your daughter. When you think of achieving a better standard of living and fulfilling your purpose, I think you'd have more time to focus and escape from people who might want to exploit you.

May the right opportunity find you.

Amen.. And thank you
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2020
yomi007k:
Life can be tough sometimes, I understand.

Please your aunt is in no way the cause of your problems and because she has her own don't mean you are entitled to anything. You are even lucky she chooses to help for if she doesn't, she has no obligation to do so.

You should look for the father of your child and try and get a way for him to support the child either you use the law or human rights. This is because you and your baby daddy started this and have to find a way to solve it.

As for you, you need to face responsibilities and solve your own problems by yourself.

We lost Contacts.. I don't know anything about him.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2020
Danzakidakura:
Mmmmmm life. Do you have hand work, what can you do.do you have any trade skill ? You can put your account number so that people will support you with the little they have, then you can manage start a business not as you search for job.

I am thinking of doing business of selling food Stuff
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2020
dingbang:
Cleaning services jobs are cool. But your acc is a new account. Quite a red flag

I have an old account. I just don't want people to recognise me. I can inbox you my old account if you want.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2020
mkoabiola:
New account.

I have an old account. I can inbox you if you want.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Sage161:
I don't have a job to offer you but perhaps I can help with some advice. You're who you are due to the choices you made yesterday but that doesn't mean your life is over, Try harder to secure a job. Ask questions and search harder not underestimating the powerful spiritual support of God. I understand it may not be easy going through those challenges but in our darkest times, hope is what we give ourselves that tommorow would be better than today. That should be your inner strength. Don't lose it and don't ever assume there's no job. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. I can see you're trying hard but I urge you to try harder and employ new tactics. We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails to reach our destinations. Furthermore, There is no market for your emotions, So never advertise your feelings, just display your best attitude. If you advertise your feelings, people might only want to take advantage of you. Sharing your problems with others doesn’t help rather people who took pity on u increases!!! It is sad but true.

Thank you for your advice �
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2020
mamaafrik:

God will see you through,try come up with a business plan to set yourself up and seek donation,that will help

I already have a business idea. I just want to get out of my aunt's house to start taking up responsibilities. It's the fund I lack.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2020
UDUJ:
People should be very careful with brand new nairaland accounts seeking assistance. Over 90% of them are scammers.

This op created this account just yesterday. If you really need help use your real account.

Until proven otherwise, I see this as SCAM.

I am not a scam. I have an old account. I just don't want to be recognized. I can inbox you the account if you want.

2 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2020
thorpido:

Young girls never learn

Take responsibility for you sexual wellbeing.First thing to master well is your reproductive cycle.There are periods in your cycle that are safe and some days are not safe.Master it well.
It is still possible to get pregnant any day of your cycle so have a back up plan.If your partner won't use a condome,you get a femdom.Get a spermicide or use a morning after pill or just get on long term contraception if you will regularly have sex.

Anyway,Op,it's a new account so....

I am a novice in sex-related matters. I can't remember when last I have had sex. Sex is the last thing in my mind. I have other bigger things I think of every day. Anyways, thank you for your advice, will see to it.

I have an old account, will inbox if you want.

3 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2020
adeadeyera:
Do you have any skills?
What can you do?
Answers to these questions might help you get you what to do in the meantime.

Send your account number anyway.

Thank you so much.
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by yomi007k(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

You have to try and find him. His former house , his school(go to school records /admin), facebook.

He cannot afford to be lost.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by frozen70(f): 10:07am On Sep 03, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:
My story is a long one, but before I start, I just want you all to know that this is a true story, I am not a scammer. I can provide evidence and sign an agreement/undertaking if the need be.

I am a University graduate, I had a 2:1 in History and Strategic Studies and have completed my Youth Service.

I got pregnant in my final year, second semester for my boyfriend whom I thought loves me, but I was wrong. Our relationship was not really a serious affair as such, I met him in my 2nd year in Enugu. We were only chatting for a while before we first met in my 3rd year again. The relationship was a long-distance thing because he stays in Enugu and I was schooling outside of Enugu.

I can count how many times I have seen him, 6 times. The 6th was when I got pregnant, we have not met for 11 months, I was preoccupied with school and other stuff. Eventually, I visited. Like I knew what will happen, I warned him to use Condom but he said no, that whatever happens, he will take care of me.

I realized I was pregnant after 1 month, called him, but he said I should abort. I went to 2 pharmacies but they objected until I provide him to sign an undertaking. And I was in school, he was in Enugu. I was so scared, confused, and didn't know what to do. See my project coming, see exams, how I managed to scale through with the pregnancy, is still a miracle to me. I could remember carrying 8 months of pregnancy to Taraba State where I was posted for NYSC, I could still remember my swollen legs after the journey.

It was a terrible experience, I won't wish even my worst enemy to go through one bit of what I went through. Even after childbirth, I bleed for 6 weeks as a result of some leftover placenta. The sleepless nights, the cryings, the frustrations, the wretchedness, the shame. The whole time, my boyfriend was not in the picture. He stopped picking my calls. I visited him with my 8 months pregnancy, he sent me away and warned me never to come to look for him.

I have been staying with this aunt of mine all through my pregnancy, even did my NYSC in her house, I was reposted from Camp to Imo State. But it was not easy living with her. She is this person that complains about everything, even the food I eat. She contributed to my frustrations. I won't lie that she has helped me, but it was frustrating because she is too bitter towards me.

I completed my service and relocated to the village to stay with my parents. As of then, my daughter was 8 months old. I was doing all the village chores to survive with my child. But along the line, my mother died of a snake bite when my child was 1 year and 7 months. It was devastating!! I didn't think I could survive it, my mum had been a strong support and I was at peace staying in the village with her. I became a shadow of myself, I started working as a roadside sweeper. Sweeping express road early in the morning.

Things were not easy for me in the village since my mum passed away. I had to travel back to stay with that aunt of mine. God, it was hell living with her. I was enduring every tribulation I faced living in my aunt's house until I couldn't endure it further after a strong misunderstanding where she hauled insults at me calling me names even prostitute and reminding me that she is the one fending for me. I got angry and traveled to Abuja to my girlfriend's with my daughter. Things were not easy there as well, I didn't see any job to do. And no money, I had to travel back to the village.

I resolved to carry my cross the way I saw it. I kept reminding myself that I was paying for the sin of fornication. I was doing village chores and saving small money. I started applying for jobs online until I got a job in Enugu. I took my child to my aunt because there is nothing I could do and no one I could entrust my child with. And I needed to get out of that village that was turning me into an old woman.

So, as bitter as it is, I left my daughter to the aunt that has been a torn to my flesh. I started working in Enugu in a firm, the job came with accommodation. But, bearly working for just 5 months, Covid19 struck, I was laid off from the 20,000 naira job I was managing.

I went back to my aunt and daughter, since the Covid19. I have been Jobless and broke. It is frustrating with my aunt on my head constantly reminding me that I am doing nothing but eating. Sometimes, I starve myself so that she won't complain about the food. She picks at everything I do in the house. My presence irritates her, i don't have peace of mind at all, am scared and afraid.. I have even lost my self-esteem.

I am 26 years old, broke, homeless, no bussiness, and a child. My aunt is a big woman in a federal government job. She has a good job and earns good money but finds it hard to help, she complains and calculates everything she has done for somebody. Staying with her is like staying in hellfire. She is not married.

Please, I need someone to help me with a job that has accommodation and can require me to bring my 4 years daughter along. Please.. Or any suggestions that can help me to be a better version of my self. I need help. This aunt of mine thinks without her, I am nothing, I really want to prove her wrong. As I said, I am ready to provide evidence and sign an agreement if need be.

Take that child to her father,tell him to take responsibility of her by telling you how much he will be giving you every week or two weeks or monthly

If he denys you ,UnCloth yourself before him and I'm the presence of that child and tell him that , he will never have peace until he comes to his child rescue, after doing that dress up and go

4 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by dingbang(m): 10:41am On Sep 03, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

I have an old account. I just don't want people to recognise me. I can inbox you my old account if you want.
pls do
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Foodqueen(f): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Put the old account here, unless you have been forming a happily married woman before now.

1 Like

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by thorpido(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

I am a novice in sex-related matters. I can't remember when last I have had sex. Sex is the last thing in my mind. I have other bigger things I think of every day. Anyways, thank you for your advice, will see to it.

I have an old account, will inbox if you want.
I wrote that not because of you but every young girl who needs to read this.
Anyway,you can send your old acct moniker.

4 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by Blissquare(f): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Your written English is good. Don't worry, your problems would soon be over but while at it, don't let any man take advantage of your situation so that you don't go from frying pan to fire. Don't be upset with your aunt. If she wasn't kind, she won't take you in at all in your condition. It is hard to cohabit with anyone. Where is your location?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by MhizzMarcelina: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Blissquare:
Your written English is good. Don't worry, your problems would soon be over but while at it, don't let any man take advantage of your situation so that you don't go from frying pan to fire. Don't be upset with your aunt. If she wasn't kind, she won't take you in at all in your condition. It is hard to cohabit with anyone. Where is your location?

Thank you dear � I am currently in Abia State
Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by GboyegaD(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
You could try apply to the Big 4 since you are 26 and finished with a 2:1. Keep the faith and continue to apply online. May the odds be in your favor.

6 Likes

Re: Hear The Cry Of A Single Mother by LadySarah: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
MhizzMarcelina:

Be suffering alone and claiming no contact. 10 yrs from now he will come and lay claim to your baby and you can't do anything. Even the speed your daughter will run to him will pain your heart.

Better look for him to support.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Dad Needs Money Again! Please Help! / 1 Million Dollars ($1m ) To Sleep With Your Wife For Just One Night / I Have A Confession " I Slept With My Foaster Father And Now Am Carrying His :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.