Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate (11438 Views)

ASUU Strike: NANS Blasts Lecturers After Agreement With FG. / ASUU Must Henceforth Consult Us Before Embarking On Strike — NANS / ASUU STRIKE:- NANS Factions Exchange Blows In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by sinkhole: 7:55am On Sep 03, 2020
NANS urges Fed Govt, ASUU to negotiate

The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has said it supports the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in its negotiations with Federal Government regarding the ongoing strike.

NANS President Danielson Akpan told The Nation that ASUU embarked on an indefinite strike not only because of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) issue, but because  government had not fulfilled other agreements reached with ASUU.

“We cannot be against ASUU because we have urged government to meet up with the agreements reached with them. We followed up and played our part, but government didn’t comply.  In fact, it is not only ASUU that is on strike, COEASU is on strike too,” Akpan said.

Penultimate weekend, ASUU said the strike, which has been on since March, would continue until government meets its demands.

Its President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, said the union wants the Federal Government to implement the needs assessment conducted in 2012 across the nation’s universities.

On protests by students regarding re-opening of schools, Akpan noted that such would continue if nothing gets done.

“Students have to protest. Of course, a bigger one is coming.  Somebody called me and asked me to pick a date so that we can shut down everywhere,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nans-urges-fed-govt-ASUU-to-negotiate/

1 Like

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by flyingpig: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Shebi this no dey Front page worthy for our dear students undecided

Make una follow us put pressure on govt and ASUU to reconcile. Shioor

3 Likes

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by longetivity(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2020
I no understand
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by IamSalt: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2020
This may be the longest ASUU strike in history. E go complete Six months next week Thursday and if e continue after then, I comment my reserve.

No cause for control, everything is under alarm.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by lceyjayz(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2020
Lol it's getting hotter
ASUU Vs FGN
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Olichoke: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2020
IamSalt:
This may be the longest ASUU strike in history. E go complete Six months next week Thursday and if e continue after then, I comment my reserve.

This may not be the longest strike. In 2013, I was in 300 level and I spent 9 months at home due to strikes. The impact of this current strike will not even be felt because of Covid19. It's like a global strike.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by IamSalt: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2020
Olichoke:

This may not be the longest strike. In 2013, I was in 300 level and I spent 9 months at home due to strikes. This current strike is not even felt because of Covid19.

Nationwide ASUU strike abi na your school/state go that strike alone??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Olichoke: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2020
IamSalt:

Nationwide ASUU strike abi na your school/state go that strike alone??
It was NLC Nationwide protests and strike during GEJ. If I add my school's internal strikes, it would be a like a year lost to strikes.

1 Like

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by IamSalt: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Olichoke:

It was NLC Nationwide protests and strike during GEJ. If I add my school's internal strikes, it would be a like a year lost to strikes.

Jijes

2 Likes

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Madibah(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
School must not resume o..
I never get money o

4 Likes

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
They should both get their acts together in this case ASAP.

Meanwhile,
NANS President Danielson Akpan told The Nation that ASUU embarked on an indefinite strike not only because of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) issue

Whether ASUU likes it or not, IPPIS has come to stay.
Stealing, Ghost workers and looting is now CORRUPTION in our nation.
To a better Nigeria we go.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Like if you want ASUU to continue the strike and share if you wanna resume anytime soon.

14 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by AFULA(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
okay
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by EyezofGod120: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
;Deven if dem negotiate, we student no get time to resume this year,na next year

1 Like

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
unsolicited job
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Lorayne(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
not now abeg.
just leave resumption till next year.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fool undecided

Because say dem no support your protests to return to school right grin grin
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
Don't negotiate let us build industries and find work first for those that have graduated
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
EyezofGod120:
;Deven if dem negotiate, we student no get time to resume this year,na next year

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by paulolee(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
jus too funny how the F.G are perplexed if its the covid or ASUU strike is the main reasons for keeping students at home....
i still insist that schools are locked mainly because of the strike than the covid and that why some states are already reopening schools..
no problem, afterall they said education is the best legacy but this days it seems learning a skill is the best way to help urself..
i pity the future of this country because our leaders have failed us..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by dfrost: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2020

I think the next time both parties are having a meeting, NANS should be informed and sit in as an observer. Then the true picture will be clear.

But then?

1 Like

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by money121(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by paulolee(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
IamSalt:

...i heard about twicce dt ASUU strike dt lasted 5 months and even 6 months...this would be the longest because its assisted by covid and they said we need a vaccine b4 schools resume
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by mayklef(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
as long as thier own children are not affected....they dont give a bleep abt d strike

1 Like

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Lukaku95: 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Madibah:
School must not resume o.. I never get money o
then drop out

5 Likes

Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by Prechgold1180(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
I called buhari yesterday regarding this issue
Local man is shocked
Please who has original USB charger
If you have pls notify me when your phone get stolen so u can dash me ur charger thanks
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Who can cry more than the bereaved?
Re: Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate by jericco1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
ASUU knows what they are doing and this is bad for Nigeria. There's no student that schooled in a public university that didn't experience this their strike.

During my time I lost one session to strike. It is well angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abolishment Of School Whatsapp Groups Only For A Particular Zone - Katsina Govt / ASUU To Appeal Ruling, Parents Want Strike Ended / Edo Schools Remain Closed Till February 1 – Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.