Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam (42705 Views)

6 Ways Men Can Escape Poverty / Recharge And Get Paid Straight To Your Bank Account. / How To Protect Your Credit Cards / ATM When Shopping Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Balenciagaokey: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
sad
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
@OP useful information but another weakness is how people who go to restaurants or shops or seminars quickly give up their personally identifiable information to complete strangers who then resell it to hackers

NEVER GIVE UP the following details
Full Name
Phone#
Email Address
House Address
Date of Birth

Any combination of these can give hackers enough information to impersonate you, perform a sim-swap on your SIM card and discover your BVN or NIN

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Deborah98(f): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Check account balance regularly,did I get you well, lol not funny Sha.... just saying

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
Access Bank Stole My Hard Earn Money ooooooo
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Bahamas95(m): 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
Free Hushpuppy!!!

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by aycorporat(m): 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
The best way to protect your money from scammers is to buy crypto currency and then transfer it to a cold wallet. I converted all my savings to bitcoin back in 2015 and have been doing so every time I'm paid. Not only has the value gone off the roof, not a single kobo has been lost to scammers or robbers.
I see your contributions on posts are very intelligent.

However, I don't understand this your trade of renting a cock. Do they rent cocks in this part of our country or is it the other "cock" rental?

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by alpamo6: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
Always put pin on your SIM card.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by professore(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nice
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Moscodee1990(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
How frequent should be checking my account balance, remember it's not free using the ussd
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by gpercuxionz(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
Buhari5:
angry Thanks, op

Below is another terrible mistake that can make scammers rip you off your bank account balance
You dey make 500$ per month and you still dey find people wey go WhatsApp you before 11pm. My brother go and do bus conductor, you have missed it in life

Avoid exposing your debit card by all means. Stripe, an international payment gateway like PayPal doesn't ask for OTP...

I can remember in March, when it didn't ask for my 4 digit pin before making an online payment.
Just stay safe!

angry

I decided to reveal intending legit hustlers how I make massive income Freelancing on Upwork... On Upwork alone, I now make $500 per month.

Message me on Whatsapp, and I'll show you the proof with my fresh online presence time there...

My name is Godwin Oluponmile, and I'm ready to help anyone like this man who doesn't see any reason to depend on certificate.

Message me on Whatsapp now via : +234-814-073-0761

If you are interested in legitimate hustle(Content Writing, precisely), buzz me asap... A promo is going on before 11:59pm tonight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Bashirkareem31: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
Avoid having ATM card totally.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Darkclouds2020: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Thanks very much bro. Am now secured.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by motherlode: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Witnessed that first point today in the banking hall while I was with a relationship officer.

The victim ( a middle aged man) got a call from scammers while trying to use the ATM in the banking premises, the caller was explaining to him that he had issues with his card bla bla bla and it had to be rectified through the sensitive details he had to provide. Guy was on the queue already, so he gave out his details to the scammer unsuspectingly... Afterwards, he walked to a customer care agent in the bank explaining the situation. On hearing this, they did a fast check on the recent transactions on his account revealing that a significant amount of money had been zapped. Later on, he was asked to write a letter for damage control.

So sad... I just sat there shaking my head.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6063694/10-scams-must-avoid-must
Avoid these scam too (link)
Good one OP
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6063694/10-scams-must-avoid-must
Avoid these scam too (link)
Good one OP
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by krisbweezy91(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
adeiza4u:
Thanks.
The likes of Access Bank should upgrade and stop using normal phone numbers to call customers. They called the other day and I mistook them for 419iers being that these guys have been my regulars. But I always make sure I burn their call cards before asking dem to embrace Jesus Christ real quick and good.

Modified:
Wow FTC,
I dedicate this prize to Righteousness89. You're doing a great job here and I really wish to be like you someday. Keep on it, God's Evangelist.

This is access bank's outbound phone number-012802500
Why the lie? Who called you from Access bank with a normal number? You people should stop all these propaganda.. It's getting old now.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Orc13: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
I was hoping Slawomir will do us the pleasure of showing some extra loose ends on this thread. so much for this 'Dammmnnnn Niggarrrr' & 'Issoright' thing. its now a cliché kinda!!!! big ups Slawomir! the official 'Bombers' mascot.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by F3dan: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bashirkareem31:
Avoid having ATM card totally.

This is the surest way to protect your money in your account in this present day.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by GeneralPula: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
If you have a bank and you have an atm card, there’s 99% probability that you account can get hacked..

If you have a bank and you have no atm card, there’s 99% probability that your account can’t get hacked..
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by kennyz247(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
runaway from sportybet sure odd scammers

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Newboss(m): 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Fraudsters, not scammers
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Newboss(m): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
Use only prepaid card. Load and spend

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by adeiza4u(m): 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
krisbweezy91:

This is access bank's outbound phone number-012802500
Why the lie? Who called you from Access bank with a normal number? You people should stop all these propaganda.. It's getting old now.
Your type don't merit a reply....

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by chatinent: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Nice one.
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by officialfestus(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lifedonor:
DM for more info on how to protect your Facebook bank account and WhatsApp
you want to scam them like you did to me....this guy na theif oh make una becareful oh
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by lookingfly: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
7. Use just 1 ATM card for an empty account. Anytime you want to withdraw, transfer money to that account that has an ATM card and withdraw. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rikze:
As my account balance take be now eh, anybody wey wan scam me

through the account fit end up dropping small thing for me once e see the

account balance.

Na red e be so!!!

No be only you o grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by Clothingonline9(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Don’t use ATM
Use fcmb thank me later
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by EdwardRandy(m): 3:28am On Sep 04, 2020
rentAcock:
The best way to protect your money from scammers is to buy crypto currency and then transfer it to a cold wallet. I converted all my savings to bitcoin back in 2015 and have been doing so every time I'm paid. Not only has the value gone off the roof, not a single kobo has been lost to scammers or robbers.
Which wallet do you use bro?
Re: 6 Ways To Protect Your Bank Account From Scam by bahdpersona(m): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2020
Thanks for the information OP.. I want to use a online banking app called Bundle africa to buy cryptocurrency but they are asking for my BVN no for verification purpose but I'm afraid... hope they can't do any fraud with the BVN?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Kaduna Galaxy Mall / Money Rains As Chief Operating Officer Of Grand Cubana Hotel Holds Birthday Dinn / Jack Dorsey Eats Once A Day, Fasts On Weekends, Walks To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.