Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE (1016 Views)

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State / Beautifull Pictures Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba State / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by justine94(m): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Please, am considering a job offer in taraba as a senior sales staff in an automobile company a trycyle firm to be precise. . though am yet to sign the offer letter. .I would like to know the cost and standard of living in taraba state. .though no accommodation is given only a 2 weeks hotel reservation after which I can sort out accommodation myself. ..I would like if someone can help me ascertain the aspect of trycycle as a means of transportation in taraba state..am considering many factors before I accept the job
Security, hospitality in terms of relationship with the locals. .cost of housing. .cost of foodstuffs.
Thank you ,
I stay and work in lagos
Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by Aquilapriscilla: 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bro, Taraba is a nice place
Although I don't know about Keke business here...but as someone who lives here I can say the business is saturated
Cost of living should be definitely lower then Lagos
Standard of living should depend on you and the location where you will be renting your house; you can get a decent house(self contain) with well water and light for like 70-80k
You can also get something lesser but you might end up sharing toilet and there might not be water(well)
As for security, I give 80%
Bro hospitality won't be a major problem -- just be cool and simple. Try to learn some basic Hausa but pigin English should do
Foodstuff price should be definitely lower than Lagos--This is north oh

Please this is just my humble advice--- what do I know sef ,I am just a little kid still staying with his parents

Cc jboixx

1 Like

Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by jboixxx: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
Oh! Congratulations. My note will be based on Jalingo, other areas MIGHT be different.

Security: Taraba generally is the most peaceful state in the NE. Local security will now depend on where you're able to get accomodation but generally, it is peaceful. Don't just disrespect anyone around you cuz you might not know who is who.

Hospitality: They're friendly but I stay where I'm needed and comfortable. No unnecessary mingling.

Cost of Food stuff: Hmmmm. Food items are expensive o, yeah, you read that right but things are better in neighbouring towns.

Cost of house rent: This is dependent on facilities available and the area. Facilities like house design, power reliability, water, security, road network etc. Self con as low as 60k-80k, 1bedroom flat for 80-140k, 2 bedroom for 120 - 220k etc.

Power is stable to a fault. At least, I do enjoy overall 6-6½days (in hrs) in a week. Of course, location dependent.

In general, it's a good place if distance is not an issue. And if you're the big guy type that enjoys having "fun", you'll enjoy it more.

Yeah, tricycle as means of transportation, that's the main system in the capital except those with private means of transportation. So, availability isn't an issue and within 15mins, you can reach anywhere within the capital (no hold-up).

Good luck in your decision making.

1 Like

Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2020
Cost of living there should be pretty low compared to major cities or states.
Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by Theophinio(m): 3:39am On Aug 15, 2022
jboixxx:
Oh! Congratulations. My note will be based on Jalingo, other areas MIGHT be different.

Security: Taraba generally is the most peaceful state in the NE. Local security will now depend on where you're able to get accomodation but generally, it is peaceful. Don't just disrespect anyone around you cuz you might not know who is who.

Hospitality: They're friendly but I stay where I'm needed and comfortable. No unnecessary mingling.

Cost of Food stuff: Hmmmm. Food items are expensive o, yeah, you read that right but things are better in neighbouring towns.

Cost of house rent: This is dependent on facilities available and the area. Facilities like house design, power reliability, water, security, road network etc. Self con as low as 60k-80k, 1bedroom flat for 80-140k, 2 bedroom for 120 - 220k etc.

Power is stable to a fault. At least, I do enjoy overall 6-6½days (in hrs) in a week. Of course, location dependent.

In general, it's a good place if distance is not an issue. And if you're the big guy type that enjoys having "fun", you'll enjoy it more.

Yeah, tricycle as means of transportation, that's the main system in the capital except those with private means of transportation. So, availability isn't an issue and within 15mins, you can reach anywhere within the capital (no hold-up).

Good luck in your decision making.

Good day boss

Are you still in Jalingo

If yes. How's the security currently there

Is Jalingo relatively safe to relocate to

I intend doing paddy rice stuff there
Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by Theophinio(m): 3:43am On Aug 15, 2022
Aquilapriscilla:
Bro, Taraba is a nice place
Although I don't know about Keke business here...but as someone who lives here I can say the business is saturated
Cost of living should be definitely lower then Lagos
Standard of living should depend on you and the location where you will be renting your house; you can get a decent house(self contain) with well water and light for like 70-80k
You can also get something lesser but you might end up sharing toilet and there might not be water(well)
As for security, I give 80%
Bro hospitality won't be a major problem -- just be cool and simple. Try to learn some basic Hausa but pigin English should do
Foodstuff price should be definitely lower than Lagos--This is north oh

Please this is just my humble advice--- what do I know sef ,I am just a little kid still staying with his parents

Cc jboixx

Hi boss

Do you still live in Jalingo

How will you rate the level of security currently

Because I intend to come over next year for paddy rice business
Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by jboixxx: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Theophinio:

Good day boss

Are you still in Jalingo

If yes. How's the security currently there

Is Jalingo relatively safe to relocate to

I intend doing paddy rice stuff there
Still safe bro. Rice biz is a good one here. You're welcome.
Re: Social Welfare,cost And Standard In TARABA STATE by Theophinio(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
jboixxx:
Still safe bro. Rice biz is a good one here. You're welcome.

Alright

Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Canada Invites 4,500 Express Entry Candidates, Promises To Accept More Immigrant / Ever Heard Of "The Bottomless Lake In Nigeria?" Check This Out! / The Immigration Invasion: How 3rd World Immigration Is Destroying The 1st World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.