Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? (2577 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Quits Partisan Politics / Otunba Gbenga Daniel Resigns From PDP, Quits Partisan Politics / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
I followed with keen interest the peace meeting called by the revered Oba of Benin to ensure peaceful and violent free election. When I first read about the meeting, I was excited because the manner with which the two leading parties, PDP and APC have been going about the election is worrisome as it portends danger for not just Edo but Nigeria at large. The Oba started by telling us how Oshiomole chose Obaseki against the wish of many. For me, that was unnecessary in such a gathering but that is the basis of my question. Oba said and I quote, "Philip Shaibu, they said you are the tough man inside" I can't recollect the rest of his statement in trying to admonish the deputy governor to call his boys to order but I am disappointed in the Oba that at no point in the 1.11hr video I watched did he caution Ize Iyamu and Oshiomole about Tony Kabaka and his notoriois Lions and Tigers of Edo. So I ask again, is the Oba Partisan?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by ObaKlaz: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
I think, going to the monarch's palace to put the question to him by yourself would be your best way of asking.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
ObaKlaz:
[color=#color]I think, going to the monarch's palace to put the question to him by yourself would be your best way of asking.[/color]
Thank you. Your position is obvious.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Benmob: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
Why u no go ask am....

3 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
Benmob:
Why u no go ask am....
I am scared of the Lions and Tigers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by yakubudivine: 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
And then?
Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by seanfer(m): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
The Oba has first hand Information about what's happening in the State.. For him to Call out Phillip shows that the Deputy Governor is the one arming thugs... Same Philip was the one running from one security agency to another crying that they should arrest Ize-iyamu and Oshiomhole. It's good that it is the Oba that made that statement.
The Oba also mentioned the bad side of the APC also.

9 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Shut up
Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by duro4chang(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
You need to examine your life.
Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
seanfer:
The Oba has first hand Information about what's happening in the State.. For him to Call out Phillip shows that the Deputy Governor is the one arming thugs... Same Philip was the one running from one security agency to another crying that they should arrest Ize-iyamu and Oshiomhole. It's good that it is the Oba that made that statement.
Thanks for your analysis. However, I watched the video of Ize Iyamu talking to the Lions and Tiger and it didn't appear to me like a town hall meeting. Such, I think is worthy of mention by the Oba

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Shut up
Yes sir.

2 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
duro4chang:
You need to examine your life.
We all do sir. Thanks anyway. Advice taken

2 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by WATCHOVER(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
I think the Oba is partizan,
1. Failure to query Oshiomhole when his thugs attack the governor in Oshiomhole's home town.

2. Failure to query those supporters who booed the PDP and their entourage who came to visit him in his own domain.

3. Failure to call Kabaka to order by letting him know that he should learn to respect elderly people, cause Obaseki is older than Tony Kabaka, and Obaseki is the Head of government and should be respected.

4. Failure to query Oshiomhole who failed to act as a father, who was supposed to be matured.

I can go on and on... Abeg Edo people does not support the Oba.
Oshiomhole was once helped by people, so he helping others is no news.
Obaseki politics aside have been a huge blessing to Edo State.

Edo people distance themselves from the Oba's statement.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
WATCHOVER:
1. Failure to query Oshiomhole when his thugs attack the governor in Oshiomhole's home town.

2. Failure to query those supporters who booed the PDP and their entourage who came to visit him in his own domain.

3. Failure to call Kabaka to order by letting him know that he should learn to respect elderly people, cause Obaseki is older than Tony Kabaka, and Obaseki is the Head of government and should be respected.

4. Failure to query Oshiomhole who failed to act as a father, who was supposed to be matured.

Obaseki politics aside have been a huge blessing for to Edo State.

Weldone bro; I expected more from him

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Vixlot: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
Oba was saying the fact as it is
Listen to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdYBir21mdA

3 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by TheChameleon: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
Your last statement is hilarious.

So you know more about Edo than the Oba of Benin?

Or your authority is more ? grin

You oversmoked weed - Igbo grin

WATCHOVER:

Obaseki politics aside have been a huge blessing for to Edo State.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by WATCHOVER(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
TheChameleon:

Your last statement is hilarious.

So you know more about Edo than the Oba of Benin?

Or your authority is more ? grin

You oversmoked weed - Igbo grin

I may sound harsh but the truth is bitter, despite you are a father that does not mean that all you say must be correct.
I respect the Oba but that doesn't make him free from criticism if he is seen not to be neutral.

10 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Noblechykk:
[s]I followed with keen interest the peace meeting called by the revered Oba of Benin to ensure peaceful and violent free election. When I first read about the meeting, I was excited because the manner with which the two leading parties, PDP and APC have been going about the election is worrisome as it portends danger for not just Edo but Nigeria at large. The Oba started by telling us how Oshiomole chose Obaseki against the wish of many. For me, that was unnecessary in such a gathering but that is the basis of my question. Oba said and I quote, "Philip Shaibu, they said you are the tough man inside" I can't recollect the rest of his statement in trying to admonish the deputy governor to call his boys to order but I am disappointed in the Oba that at no point in the 1.11hr video I watched did he caution Ize Iyamu and Oshiomole about Tony Kabaka and his notoriois Lions and Tigers of Edo. So I ask again, is the Oba Partisan?[/s]

Rubbish!!!

Go and sell your gala

8 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Dedetwo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Obaseki politics aside have been a huge blessing to Edo State.

Oba of Benin is a human being!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by fykes(m): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
Okay I thought I was the only one who noticed... I watched the video keenly from the start to end,

From his diction, I deduced the following:

2 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by fykes(m): 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Okay I thought I was the only one who noticed... I watched the video keenly from the start to end,

From his diction, I deduced the following:

He mocked oshiomole for his error in judgement.

The Oba made it clear he has a strong relationship with oshiomole. They are friends.

He never approved of obaseki as gov. And he still doesn't.

He is not standing on the fence, he will go where oshiomole goes. - he finds it convenient to chide oyegun 4 being partisan ( even though I agree with him) but not oshiomole

The oba is a human being and Free to associate and even have his own opinion. But from d video I saw, he's will throw obaseki under d bus anyway anyday.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by allthingsgood: 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Noblechykk:
I followed with keen interest the peace meeting called by the revered Oba of Benin to ensure peaceful and violent free election. When I first read about the meeting, I was excited because the manner with which the two leading parties, PDP and APC have been going about the election is worrisome as it portends danger for not just Edo but Nigeria at large. The Oba started by telling us how Oshiomole chose Obaseki against the wish of many. For me, that was unnecessary in such a gathering but that is the basis of my question. Oba said and I quote, "Philip Shaibu, they said you are the tough man inside" I can't recollect the rest of his statement in trying to admonish the deputy governor to call his boys to order but I am disappointed in the Oba that at no point in the 1.11hr video I watched did he caution Ize Iyamu and Oshiomole about Tony Kabaka and his notoriois Lions and Tigers of Edo. So I ask again, is the Oba Partisan?

Pls pick one thing oba said that isn't factual.

Everybody knows that shuaibu is the architect of obaseki and oshiomole war

6 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by fykes(m): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
allthingsgood:

Pls pick one thing oba said that isn't factual.

Everybody knows that shuaibu is the architect of obaseki and oshiomole war
Shuaibu is not the architect... He is the d muscle.. The power behind the throne. The guy can mobilize cultists from all over southern Nigeria and militia men from the creeks of nigerdelta and he has been preparing for this day since he became deputy gov. Obaseki and him just found a perfect working relationship of the brain and brawn.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by solmusdesigns: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2020
cool

Since everyone knows the truth but hides it with "Godfatherism" Oba of Benin decided to break it down without mincing words.. Obaseki and Shuab went faaaar out of line

Aliko Dangote. Personally left his business to pacify Obaseki when the saga started from fighting elected lawmakers to demolishing houses of APC loyalist, Dangote was shunned

Oba of Benin a first-class king that hardly leave the throne and palace, travelled all the way to Abuja to beg Buhari to intercede unbehalf warring Obaseki/Shuab vs Lawmakers, Commissioners , APC Edo leaders, still Obaseki never stopped his attacks

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, and top National Assembly Members lead a delegate of Senators and Honourables to Edo State just to pacify Obaseki and get the State house of assembly running normally, Obaseki refused to welcome them and even went ahead to release press statement stating that he wouldn't attend any peace meeting as Ahmed Lawan doesn't have Jurisdiction over Edo State

Progressive Governors forum also sent Governors to beg Obaseki he turned them down saying Ganduje and Ajimobi are not in his camp

9 Likes

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Notatribalist(m): 4:50am On Sep 04, 2020
Noblechykk:
You made a lot of sense.I was also wondering why he didn't caution iyamu.. I am from Edo state, but I never knew a whole oba would make such a speech.. Sincerely I am also disappointed.. Just imagine how he was talking to a sitting Governor..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Notatribalist(m): 4:57am On Sep 04, 2020
seanfer:
You mean Philip that was addressing lions and Tiggers?
Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 5:09am On Sep 04, 2020
divicode:

Rubbish!!!

Go and sell your gala
Selling gala is never a crime. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by Noblechykk(m): 5:21am On Sep 04, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

Since everyone knows the truth but hides it with "Godfatherism" Oba of Benin decided to break it down without mincing words.. Obaseki and Shuab went faaaar out of line

Aliko Dangote. Personally left his business to pacify Obaseki when the saga started from fighting elected lawmakers to demolishing houses of APC loyalist

Oba of Benin a first-class king that hardly leave the throne and palace, travelled all the way to Abuja to beg Buhari to intercede unbehalf warring Obaseki/Shuab vs Lawmakers, Commissioners , APC Edo leaders still, Obaseki never stopped his attacks

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, and top National Assembly Members lead a delegate of Senators and Honourables to Edo State just to pacify Obaseki and get the State house of assembly running normally, Obaseki refused to welcome them and even went ahead to release press statement stating that he wouldn't attend any peace meeting as Ahmed Lawan doesn't have Jurisdiction over Edo State

Progressive Governors forum also sent Governors to beg Obaseki he turned them down saying Ganduje and Ajimobi are not in his camp

I don't know the Genesis of the rift between Obaseki and Oshiomole; none of us do. What you wrote is not the Genesis of the rift rather Obaseki's counter political measure in response to whatever their rift might be. Right or wrong, it is left for unbaised political actors to say. However Oba didn't summon them to discuss the Genesis of their rift; he summoned them to caution both parties on their violent approach towards the coming election which has put Edo state in the news for the wrong reasons. He ended up knowingly or unknowingly siding APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oba Of Benin Partisan? by solmusdesigns: 5:59am On Sep 04, 2020
Noblechykk:

I don't know the Genesis of the rift between Obaseki and Oshiomole; none of us do. What you wrote is not the Genesis of the rift rather Obaseki's counter political measure in response to whatever their rift might be. Right or wrong, it is left for unbaised political actors to say. However Oba didn't summon them to discuss the Genesis of their rift; he summoned them to caution both parties on their violent approach towards the coming election which has put Edo state in the news for the wrong reasons. He ended up knowingly or unknowingly siding APC

You veiw the issue based on APC vs PDP Political prism however Oba of Benin spoke on the subject based on Obaseki and Oshiomhole's relationship with him like a Father to two sons.. he knows them personally except Philip Shuabu and his counsel was the best thing Obaseki would ever hear in this period not that of Shuabu or PDP

Oba of Benin isn't a small boy to be hidding facts from Obaseki for any favours

As a man the Oba is a British trained Economist, with US masters in Public Administration, he had worked at United Nations , Ambassador to Sweden, Denmark and Norway in the 80s when both Oshiomhole and Obaseki were still nobodies

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Love About The South-east Region / Video: Man Returns Gun To Amy Officers In Oyigbo Rivers State / HOW OBA EREDIAUWA OF BENIN CAUSED THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.