Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (40915 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Urgent: Please All Gradauate Of sociology Where Are You Working Now

am a student of uniport dep of sociology
I initially wanted law b4 waec then i changed my min during jamb
Please how good is sociology and as a graduate where are you working
And which jobs is promising to us

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by merieam16(f): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
Does it matter,even the so called professional course it still doesnt guarantee u getting a job in Nigeria hw much more practicing ur profession.

My advice is 4 u to get a skill along side while studing

184 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Danwakae(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
I will advice you to study a good course , because those who does and with good grade are yet to get a job let alone SOCIOLOGY, that the Nigeria system will never consider ...

Study sociology to become a better person and a graduate and not because u want to earn a living from it in Nigeria... Sociology in Nigeria , lolsss... Why not even use the money to go learn one handwork now and start earning soon rather than wasting enough time in the university , graduate and go back to starts all over again with an handwork ??... I believe Allah will overlook your short comings and make your case different .

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by sunnymighty(m): 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:
Dude! i am a graduate of Sociology and by the grace of God occupying a managerial position in a top NGO in Nigeria. Thank you.

225 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LiveLifeHub(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

The truth is even some law graduates are still looking for job.
Get a copy of the book below!

"Build Your Capacity for life after school" as a student.
To help student optimize and maximize their studenthood for a relevant future and successful career.
Click on the link, to get a copy justebuka
https:///message/JXX72QY6ZVDQF1

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Danwakae:

I will advice you to study a good course , because those who does and with good grade are yet to get a job let alone SOCIOLOGY, that the Nigeria system will never consider ...

Study sociology to become a better person and a graduate and not because u want to earn a living from it in Nigeria... Sociology in Nigeria , lolsss... Why not even use the money to go learn one handwork now and start earning soon rather than wasting enough time in the university , graduate and go back to starts all over again with an handwork ??... I believe Allah will overlook your short comings and make your case different .
Does that mean no opporrtunity after the degree?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

The truth is even some law graduates are still looking for job. Get a copy of the book below!
Which?? Book
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LiveLifeHub(m): 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:
Which?? Book
Dm
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
sunnymighty:

Dude! i am a graduate of Sociology and by the grace of God occupying a managerial position in a top NGO in Nigeria. Thank you.
Nice i wanted to go for masters when i graduate with my saved earnings and go back as a lecturer
Dont know if its waste of money
Also have it in mind to travel to s.a or do the masters
Am confused

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Danwakae(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

Is that supposed to be a question ??... I have given u my own advice ... U can decide not to take it , if u have Parent or relatives among the senior political class in Nigeria , who can get u a big and lucrative job in nigeria even if I study Hausa language in the university.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LiveLifeHub(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

Nice i wanted to go for masters when i graduate with my saved earnings and go back as a lecturer
Dont know if its waste of money
Also have it in mind to travel to s.a or do the masters
Am confused

that is good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

Dm
Am new to nairaland dont know how

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

that is good.
Dont know which to go for From a home that aint too rich And am the only person they are sending to school dont want to disapoint them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
Danwakae:

Is that supposed to be a question ??... I have given u my own advice ... U can decide not to take it , if u have Parent or relatives among the senior political class in Nigeria , who can get u a big and lucrative job in nigeria even if I study Hausa language in the university.
so your advise is for me to drop out?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LiveLifeHub(m): 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

Dont know which to go for
From a home that aint too rich
And am the only person they are sending to school dont want to disapoint them

Now I get, see don't depend on your certificate for a good source of income. in this age, you need to be very creative and innovative. and if you must depend on your certificate, there are certain things you need to do while in school, don't just study and aim for first class only, you must also take some steps that will likely enhance you in achieving any career aim you want.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

Now I get, see don't depend on your certificate for a good source of income. in this age, you need to be very creative and innovative. and if you must depend on your certificate, there are certain things you need to do while in school, don't just study and aim for first class only, you must also take some steps that will likely enhance you in achieving any career aim you want.

Confused

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LiveLifeHub(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:
Confused
I understand your feelings now, just be calm.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by yanabasee1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

Yes....There are no jobs out there....Buy only for the rich folks....

But you can create jobs for yourself or get a skill and be consistent on it to earn yourself freelancing jobs on the net....

5 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Uyi168: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
Seriously in the present time, reading some courses is almost tantamount to wasting of time..

U may be one of the very lucky microscopic few that'll land a job...

The course and the likes of pub admin, political sciences and the so Called Para medical courses na waste of valuable time..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Uyi168: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
LiveLifeHub:

The truth is even some law graduates are still looking for job.
Get a copy of the book below!

Build Your Capacity for life after school.
Send MD a DM.
Imagine the course this one even mention.
Law na yeye course
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
Uyi168:
Seriously in the present time, reading some courses is almost tantamount to wasting of time..

U may be one of the very lucky microscopic few that'll land a job...

The course and the likes of pub admin, political sciences and the so Called Para medical courses na waste of valuable time..
Then what should one study in social sciences?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
yanabasee1:

Yes....There are no jobs out there....Buy only for the rich folks....

But you can create jobs for yourself or get a skill and be consistent on it to earn yourself freelancing jobs on the net....
Then should one not go to school

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 11:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Uyi168:
.. Imagine the course this one even mention. Law na yeye course
Law yeye?

5 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Danwakae(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
justebuka:

so your advise is for me to drop out?

Not really, if u r studying Sociology becuase u want to earn a living from it and u don't have the job-connection key... If u are studying it, becuase u want a broader knowledge and be a graduate while u go for handwork after graduate , go ahead , good... The certificate is important , but not a key to money after graduation.

17 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Emma0000: 4:39am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
Then what should one study in social sciences?
try pure Economics

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Freestainworld(m): 5:00am On Sep 04, 2020
the people studied sociology made money this pandemic, they were employed to enforce social distancing, na joke oo

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by stan83: 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:

the ways things are in nigeria now you have to aquire skills if you want to survive. being a graduate of any courses does not garantee you job. go study this book.. "If you want to be a rich/wealthy don't be a graduate"

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by femi4: 5:07am On Sep 04, 2020
justebuka:
Nigeria Police Force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Danwakae:

Not really, if u r studying Sociology becuase u want to earn a living from it and u don't have the job-connection key... If u are studying it, becuase u want a broader knowledge and be a graduate while u go for handwork after graduate , go ahead , good... The certificate is important , but not a key to money after graduation.
So is it just sociology or?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2020
femi4:
Nigeria Police Force.
dont like any job with guns But like law related
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2020
stan83:

the ways things are in nigeria now you have to aquire skills if you want to survive. being a graduate of any courses does not garantee you job. go study this book.. "If you want to be a rich/wealthy don't be a graduate"
Have a thing for lecturering though
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by festico: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2020
[quote author=justebuka post=93542160]am a student of uniport dep of sociology
And which jobs is promising to us[/quot

SOCIAL MEDIA

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Most Overhyped Courses In Nigeria,the FACT!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.