Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:16 PM

Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever (29739 Views)

Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion / Hate Speech Fine: You Won’t Be In Power Forever – Apostle Suleman Tells PMB, Oth / NASS, DSS, Police Set To Take Over Edo Assembly, Issue Directive To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Edo2020: 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II has called on the Edo state Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki to look beyond his office and employ foresight in his actions as his tenure was only ephemeral.

“It will be good to look beyond your office because you are not going to be there all the time,” Oba told Obaseki.

“You see the elder statesman there, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun? He was once a governor too. He’s not there now. So, everybody knows that it is transient.

“Look at how one day when you are no longer the governor everyone can sit and still give you respect. More respect even.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeWAJeNY2EU

Igbere TV reports that the Benin monarch spoke when he played host to the governor, his deputy, Philip Shaibu; APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and his running mate, Mallam Gani Audu.

Oba Ewuare had summoned the two major candidates, Obaseki of PDP and Ize-Iyamu of the APC, to sign a peace pact ahead the Sept. 19 Governorship election.

He expressed his concern on the incessant outbreak of violence in the state, saying he has been having sleepless nights and has held continuous prayers for peace.

He, therefore, urged the politicians, especially the candidates to sue for peace and relay the message to their followers across the state.

The Oba reportedly said Obaseki should have allowed him resolve the crisis from the onset, while expressing his displeasure over the political tensions and conflicts in Edo state.

“I’m not happy about this. When you did not let me resolve the issue between you and your friend, Comrade (Oshiomhole), before it got to this point. If we had done it that time, we will not be sitting here now. Everything would have been smoother than this”, he was quoted as saying.

Those present at the meeting aside Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu and their running mates, include Chief Dan Orbih, PDP South-South National Vice Chairman; and APC leaders including former National chairmen, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
https://igberetvnews.com/1363425/oba-benin-obaseki-think-life-government-video/

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Edo2020: 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Deborah98(f): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lol as the saying goes nothing last forever, when you hold unto power as though that's your all and all know it that one day it will be taken from you just the way it was given to you....

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by seunmsg(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
I’m glad someone is finally telling Obaseki the bitter truth. His conduct since last year leaves much to be desired. This governorship thing will end one day no matter how long and he will become a powerless ordinary citizen.

This is the time for him to calm down and not burn down the state due to desperation to remain in power. He should prepare his mind to accept the decision of the people and stop the unnecessary violence that Shaibu is pushing him to sponsor.

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by WATCHOVER(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
Sure nothing last forever.

If they just signed the peace agreement and left without the Oba saying anything would have been better, instead of this statement from him.

Anyone can criticise me, am entitled to my opinion and I stand firmly by my comment

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by IgbalodeRaymond: 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:
I’m glad someone is finally telling Obaseki the bitter truth. His conduct since last year leaves much to be desired. This governorship thing will end one day no matter how long and he will become a powerless ordinary citizen.

This is the time for him to calm down and not burn down the state due to desperation to remain in power. He should prepare his mind to accept the decision of the people and stop the unnecessary violence that Shaibu is pushing him to sponsor.
[/s]
trash trash trash
bullcrap
you think everyone is Adeleke or Abba that their mandate was robbed with violence.

from experience the only language APC understands is violence and I'm happy Obaseki is giving it to them fire for fire.

It's rig and roast
period!!!
no two ways about that
the will of Edolites is that Obaseki should return
no frog head bastard and his criminal pasta can stop it.
do anyhow
see anyhow
the votes of Edolites must be protected at all cost.
the will of Edolites must prevail.

Wike crushed apc with their federal might in Rivers
ordinary udom did it in Akwa ibom
Obaseki will do it

Nonsense!!

4+4=obaseki

kiss the truth hypocrite

186 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by MrLacoste4: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
no be lie... na real mata he yarn so...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by longetivity(m): 10:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
and tyrant Buhari too

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by allthingsgood: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki has been largely a fool

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by solmusdesigns: 2:26am On Sep 04, 2020
cool

Fatherly advice and bitter truth, Obaseki's enemies keep pushing him to a sorrowful end, thank God for the wise counsel of Oba of Benin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by engineerboat(m): 2:55am On Sep 04, 2020
Seems you people doesn't have other post and work again.

i'm very sure the mod WILL PUSH IT TO THE FRONT PAGE ALSO like the others

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Edo2020: 4:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:38am On Sep 04, 2020
APC are too desperate! They don't respect anyone when it comes to grabbing power undecided

I recalled vividly that the oba said he's not playing partisan politics why are they dragging his name now

They did the same in Ogun State with the awujale of Yoruba land

They should calm down with all these their gra gra

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by dokyOloye: 4:51am On Sep 04, 2020
Fake news!
Compromised moderator.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by QuickStandard: 4:51am On Sep 04, 2020
cool cool cool
Journalists and bloggers will always quote people out of context.

I believe the words of the OBA were an advice to Obaseki, not to thread the path of Oshiomole, who thought he would be in power forever.

We buy used inverter batteries

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Fleshly: 4:52am On Sep 04, 2020
Even though Obaseki may have his faults, yet he's miles better than the cultist Agbero (Ize iyamu) he's contesting against.

Therefore, it is obagod 4+4.

21 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Iruobean(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2020
[center][/center] grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by easyfem(m): 4:54am On Sep 04, 2020
does it mean he is campaigning for APC stylishly coz he just warned the deputy ............. i dont really like nigeria politic cox they are all the same but OSHOMOLE character make me hate PDP in that state so i never wish him well at all coz if pdp win . osho will still b in power after power
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by jericco1(m): 4:57am On Sep 04, 2020
Oga oba is becoming too political, maybe he should drop his robes and contest on the platform of APC. angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by id4sho(m): 5:03am On Sep 04, 2020
campaign for APC
undecided
hmmmm
The table OBA is shaking, before the wrath of Obaseki will strike him. This mere Royal fathers won't learn. He told shuaibu nonsense and now his principal.

lemme save this here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:04am On Sep 04, 2020
WORD!!

Edolites, vote wisely!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by gambia(m): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
No one will be in power for ever, even the Oba is not exempted.

15 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by ojuu4u(m): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Sure nothing last forever.

If they just signed the peace agreement and left without the Oba saying anything would have been better, instead of this statement from him.

Anyone can criticise me, am entitled to my opinion and I stand firmly by my comment

If oba didn't tell each of them the bitter truth it won't have any meaningful impact, signing peace pact that is not enforceable. But obaseki and shaibu would calm down now. I knw oba would say one or two bitter truth for pastor too, his own may not be weighty like those in govt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Freestainworld(m): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
if only Buhari understands this too because in his mind he is still in military regime

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by ForeThinker: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2020
True that
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:07am On Sep 04, 2020
I don’t understand OBA again grin.
As a King,I think Baba shouldn’t let his partisan political views take priority over what his subjects need to learn in this upcoming election.
He shouldn’t be one-sided

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by darthv: 5:08am On Sep 04, 2020
Nairaland.com has always been pro-APC

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by 27Pushing30: 5:15am On Sep 04, 2020
gambia:
No one will be in power for ever, even the Oba is not exempted.

In the Oba’s case it is for life aka forever. Understand logic before saying thrash.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 04, 2020
Make obaseki no go collect ganduje template use am for you. Leave this politician to fight their fight just tell your people to just vote and not die for any one.

I sell and install car tracking devices.

With the help of a tracker in your car you can

Know its location
Auto stop it
And auto resume the car
With just simple commands

Visit spysecurang on instagram

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by kayusely70(m): 5:26am On Sep 04, 2020
The Bitter Truth!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by Compliant(m): 5:26am On Sep 04, 2020
Which is true
All these politicians should learn from former president Jonathan

As politics is never a do or die affair
Re: Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever by onanapower(m): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2020
This guy is playing partisan

Simple

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio / Supreme Court Imposes N40m Fine On Mike Ozekhome Over Frivolous Suit / Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.