Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,180 members, 7,780,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Greatest Heartbreak 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Greatest Heartbreak 3 (310 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / The Greatest Heartbreak 10 / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Heartbreak 3 by graceola001(f): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
https:///IKE9f9U3AeaE3Qxq9BVNGM
THE GREATEST HEARTBREAK
© OLAYEMI GRACE

EPISODE THREE
For over two weeks, I didn’t hear from him and I missed him badly and though my friends advised me against chasing after him, I could not give up on my love for Justin. I told them that I would fight for my love and that nothing good comes easy.

I called Justin the following morning to hear his voice and give him a chance to apologize but I received another shock.

“Who I’m I speaking to?” Came the husky voice of Justin from the other end of the line.

I was silent for a minute as I thought he was playing pranks with me and I decided to play along.

“This is Ego, the girl you met at the club last night,” I answered and Justin was quiet for a while and I felt he was confused since he doesn’t go to clubs and just as I wanted to save him from the stress of racking his brain he responded and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

“I thought you said your name was Debby and now it is Ego and maybe tomorrow it will be Ngozi,” he said and laughed.

At that point I could not hold back my tears as I allowed them to flow freely and I drowned my sorrow in them. There was I, thinking that Justin was only afraid of coming to me to apologize not knowing that he was practically flirting with anything in skirt.

“Why are you crying my dear?” Justin asked with worry and concern in his voice and that further broke my already shattered heart.

“It is Jemima not Ego,” I said amidst tears and he went silent again.

‘I’m sorry you just called a wrong number,” he said after a brief silence and ended the call.

I felt my whole world crashing and I just begged God to take my life. I was only seventeen at the time and was already experiencing such cruelty from a man I felt loved me genuinely.

I vowed to move on and I stopped calling or texting Justin and he didn’t even bother to call me either. The semester came to an end and I was happy to go home and be with my loving parents.

I was tired of the school already and had no intentions of returning after the break. I got home that day to a sumptuous meal and for once I was able to forget Justin and I had a wonderful night rest without thoughts of Justin.

My mom noticed I was looking lean and unkempt but I ascribed it to the stress of school and she said she understood but deep down I knew it was the emotional trauma I was going through that was responsible for my haggard look because I was always absent-minded and lost in thought of Justin and I missed many lectures and tests and was already sure I would fail a lot of courses that semester but I really didn’t care.

I woke up the following morning with a pounding headache- it was like a party was going on in my head and the pain was excruciating. I screamed while holding my head and my mom came to my rescue. She was asking me what the problem was but I could not explain as I was blacking out. I heard faint cries of my mom and dad but I was too weak to even open my eyes.

I was in the hospital for days and my mom and dad with our neighbours- the Smiths, were always visiting. At that time, I made up my mind to forget Justin and as I was encouraging myself that I could do it, Justin walked in with a bouquet in his hands smiling.

I wanted to be angry with him but his smiles made me handicapped. I watched him put the bouquet on my bed and sat on the chair opposite my bed staring at me. I had always known Justin to be a very out-spoken and lively person but one thing about him was that he loved to communicate with actions more than words when it comes to our relationship.

We kept on looking at each other until I slept off and when I woke up he was still there smiling at me. All the anger in me had melted and I was just staring at the man I loved so dearly and I wanted to be with every minute of my life.

I was discharged from the hospital days later and Justin was always by my side cracking jokes and telling me stories. He spent the night with me in my ward and when my parents insisted he went home, he didn’t oblige to them and he insisted on staying with me.

Days after I got discharged were like heaven on earth for me. Justin was always at my service, making sure that I didn’t stress myself. I forgave him and accepted him back even though he didn’t ask for forgiveness and he didn’t say anything about all that happened in school and I didn’t bring it up either because I was afraid he might get pissed off. We resumed our relationship fully and we were making out again.

School would be resuming soon and I was scared of losing Justin again. I asked my friend, Lizzy for advice and she was angry that I accepted Justin back after all he had done to me. She ended the call without even advising me and I was left to devise a plan myself.

I thought it would be best if I and Justin would live together in school. That way I would be able to monitor him and be there for him so he would not have any reason to look elsewhere. I told Justin about it and he disagreed initially but after much persuasion, he agreed and once again I was looking forward to going back to school.

To be continued...

Thanks for taking out time to read through this series. Feel free to share with others but don't edit out the author's details. God bless you!
Join this group to follow up on this series
https:///IKE9f9U3AeaE3Qxq9BVNGM

(1) (Reply)

How Destinies Littered My Area / Stop Police Brutality / #mondaymotivation – True Story Of A Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.