Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,315 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Help My Pup! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help My Pup! (995 Views)

Help My Pup / My Pup Warrior Turning 2months Next Week (bb,gsd Mix) Rate Him / I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Pup! by gale2626: 11:47am On Sep 04, 2020
My uncle's pup of 4 months old has not being eating and just this morning, it started vomiting foamy substance, what could be the cause and what should we do to save it's life. Urgent help!
Thanks
Re: Help My Pup! by UGJ2: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
gale2626:
My uncle's pup of 4 months old has not being eating and just this morning, it started vomiting foamy substance, what could be the cause and what should we do to save it's life. Urgent help!
Thanks
did you just bring him recently ?if yes that's might be the reason why he's not eating .he must be home sick just try to get him to socialize and feel at home ,buy a syringe to use to force feed him pap and milk and if possible ORS(oral rehydration) should also be mixed in it.I've experienced such too believe me i write from experience.it happened to my barely 2 months GSD puppy.now he's as sound as ever.

1 Like

Re: Help My Pup! by gale2626: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
UGJ2:
did you just bring him recently ?if yes that's might be the reason why he's not eating .he must be home sick just try to get him to socialize and feel at home ,buy a syringe to use to force feed him pap and milk and if possible ORS(oral rehydration) should also be mixed in it.I've experienced such too believe me i write from experience.it happened to my barely 2 months GSD puppy.now he's as sound as ever.
Thanks a lot
Re: Help My Pup! by UGJ2: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2020
gale2626:

Thanks a lot
just force feed him and make him feel at home he'll be totally fine.

1 Like

Re: Help My Pup! by egorov(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2020
Bro if I were you I won't listen to the advice above. What I'll do is invite a vet. Symptoms like that might be pointing to more serious issues. Eg parvo.

Lethargy
Diarrhea
Loss of appetite are some of the early signs.

Mortality rate is higher than 50%
Re: Help My Pup! by UGJ2: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2020
egorov:
Bro if I were you I won't listen to the advice above. What I'll do is invite a vet. Symptoms like that might be pointing to more serious issues. Eg parvo.

Lethargy
Diarrhea
Loss of appetite are some of the early signs.

Mortality rate is higher than 50%
i totally agree with u guy but its better he does what he can in the mean time before he consults a vet and besides if he wasn't looking for advise exluding calling a vet he would not have made this kind of topic we all know the best thing to do when an animal is to bring in a vet but first aid is necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Pup! by egorov(m): 10:24am On Sep 05, 2020
UGJ2:
i totally agree with u guy but its better he does what he can in the mean time before he consults a vet and besides if he wasn't looking for advise exluding calling a vet he would not have made this kind of topic we all know the best thing to do when an animal is to bring in a vet but first aid is necessary.

You might be right, but you can't just diagnose a dog to have the same issue with yours without proper check up. Foamy diarrhea cant point to a series of conditions, from normal GIT stress to serious lethal ones like parvo etc. Without proper diagnosis, you can know which is which that is why his best bet is a vet.
Re: Help My Pup! by UGJ2: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
egorov:

You might be right, but you can't just diagnose a dog to have the same issue with yours without proper check up. Foamy diarrhea cant point to a series of conditions, from normal GIT stress to serious lethal ones like parvo etc. Without proper diagnosis, you can know which is which that is why his best bet is a vet.
I still totally agree with u but do what you can in the mean time.
Re: Help My Pup! by gale2626: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2020
UGJ2:
just force feed him and make him feel at home he'll be totally fine.

He's dead! Thanks
Re: Help My Pup! by ojehmario1969(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2020
gale2626:

He's dead! Thanks

Very sad
Re: Help My Pup! by UGJ2: 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
gale2626:

He's dead! Thanks
so sorry brosad

(1) (Reply)

Boerboel Puppies From This Pedigree Sire & Excellent Dam / Is This Viper / Adolescent Male Gsd Dog For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.