Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

How To Prepare A Lesson Plan - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Prepare A Lesson Plan (132851 Views)

Complete Guide On Writing Lesson Plan In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Lesson Note And Lesson Plan? / Differentiate Between Lesson Plan And Lesson Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Yeyenairaland(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:
Hello, good people of Nairaland!

I just finished an interview in a school for a teaching position. Was asked to prepare a Lesson Plan on Respiratory System for SS1 class.

Because I have never taught in a school before, I became dumbfounded. I didn't know how to go about it.

Please, teachers in the house, how would I have answered the question? I want to know so I can learn from my mistake.

PS: Although, I do private teaching; I have never taught in a formal school setting before.

Do you know you can save yourself from these unnecessary stuff by taking the bull by the horns.

Smart people build NETWORK while some are looking for JOBS.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by SmartyPants(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
reservd:

If you didn't study an education related course or didn't have school teaching experience, there's no way you would have been able to come up with a lesson plan, it's not really your fault but learn how to incase of next time till baba God pick your call

Are you serious? One ought to dig deep and be resourceful enough to at least provide something reasonable. A lesson plan implies an outline of what you intend to teach, which logically must be broken down into sub topics, and must include outcomes. I'm not a teacher but education should make you able to respond to such challenges competently.

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Dragg my afternoon weed... while i read comments to seek for knowledge
But my mind dey tell me say Bros op never go tertiary institutions or rather you fit don graduate but nor be faculty of education
If not you for Sabi prepare lesson note because education students for university that year dey do teaching practice before them graduate

Bro is this man has graduated from any tertiary institution he would have done mysc and learnt how to prepare lesson note and most corpers are posted to schools to.teach

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:

I just finished an interview in a school for a teaching position. Was asked to prepare a Lesson Plan on Respiratory System for SS1 class.

Because I have never taught in a school before, I became dumbfounded. I didn't know how to go about it.

Please, teachers in the house, how would I have answered the question? I want to know so I can learn from my mistake.

PS: Although, I do private teaching; I have never taught in a formal school setting before.

They were never concerned about the technical details regarding respiratory system, it was more of the structure of your lesson. Next time, try to learn how to prepare a note of lesson. This is what is used in formal schools.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by juwoonn(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

NAME OF SCHOOL : Francesco high school, UI Ibadan.

CLASS : SSS 1A.

SUBJECT : Biology.

TOPIC : Respiratory system.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

DATE : September 4th 2020.

LESSON.

1. MEANING OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

2. TYPES OF RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

3. EXPLANATIONS OF THE TYPES OF
RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Nice job bro, but you forgot to add the estimated duration for the lesson... Say 45 minutes or 1 hour and the instructional materials were also not included.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by sylve11: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to my undergraduate experiences which spans 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

SUB-TOPICS : Meaning of Respiratory system, Types of Respiratory system, explanation of the types of Respiratory system.

LESSON.

You give the meaning and explanation of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub -topic.

You list the types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
You give the explanations of the various types of respiratory system in your lesson note under this sub - topic.

4. REFERENCES :
Under this, you write the textbook you're making use of, it's author or authors and the year it was published. that's all.

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull.

Sound one.... cool
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
SmartyPants:

Are you serious? One ought to dig deep and be resourceful enough to at least provide something reasonable. A lesson plan implies an outline of what you intend to teach, which logically must be broken down into sub topics, and must include outcomes. I'm not a teacher but education should make you able to respond to such challenges competently.

The guy admitted he had only been taking private classes which is focused on helping students better understand topics with their regular textbooks. A note of lesson isn't considered important in such cases... At least he was honest enough with himself. Now that he knows, he'll be better prepared for the next interview. Sometimes, you must fail before you can pass.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by TAglobe(f): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
name of school class subject topic date duration behavioural objectives previous knowledge presentation evaluation summary and conclusion

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Millimann: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
Which school did you graduated graduate from?. I'm not here to demean you in any form either.

But as a UI graduate and in accordance to with my undergraduate experiences which spans span 6years plus,i can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below.

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

@OP, this is how your lesson notes should look like. hope you find this helpfull helpful.

Nothing to say.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by haryorbarmie83(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

lesson plan is different from lesson note.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by vickydevoka(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:

Buh u get mind o. After dis pandemic u go apply private teacher work. Na some people d
Be de cause of there future problem
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by riczy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

u already demeaned him, u are only taught how to prepare lesson note if u study "education" as discipline!
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by frankyychiji(f): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Walai:
My own problem is that 9 sticks is missing from the spaghetti I just bought undecided
Blame the lifeless Sudanese.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Meedon:

Why drag Nairaland the greatest forum into your yeye advert.

Abeg leave the guy make him hustle... At least na work him dey do. Which kind greatest forum... Hypocrite.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Cantonese: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

"Which school did you graduated from"?
"But as a graduate and in accordance to my graduate..."

May I simply ask you how you managed to graduate from the University of Ibadan with the above badly written English.

Mind yourself o.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by lacidi: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

Which school did you 'graduate' from NOT 'graduated' from.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Sholaco: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:

LESSON.

RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.

4. REFERENCES :

plus the diagram cheesy
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by reservd(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
SmartyPants:

Lol, you are not a teacher and you didn't study education in school and you think you can come up with a lesson plan out of the blues? You funny sha, you think it's by knowing subtopics and a few things to write under them? Do you have an idea of the format required for writing one? Do you know the difference between lesson plan and lesson note? Just let the young man learn from his experience

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by sirzee1660(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
shiwex:
Not only are you dumb...you're also ignorant.. Its an interview , how would you know what questions to expect......
If you don't know what questions you will be asked at the interview how can you then post it before you go for the interview.
you are a big fool for typing this.one who is going for an interview should make more search on the type of questions he/she is expecting.....

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Okwyjesus(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hemanwel:

Well that's the problem when we we engage none professional that couldn't get job anywhere to teach " future leaders"

Lesson note is a professional guide to a teacher in the classroom including your objective, learning aids to adopt, reinforcement and step by step approach to the lesson.

Abeg......Go and do PGD in Education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by juwoonn(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
vickydevoka:

Buh u get mind o. After dis pandemic u go apply private teacher work. Na some people d
Be de cause of there future problem
Don't you think half bread is better than none? Do you know his/her present financial status?
My brother to get job no easy for this country o. Just thank God for your own and don't condemn another person hustle.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by iammolise(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
merieam16:
U should av posted this earlier before the interview buh its still okay will write one for you

How should he know he would be asked that question
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
contigiency:
That's a very good one. It shows that the school understands what they want. You must not have thought in school before. When going for interview for a teaching job, lesson plan is one of the things you expect to be asked, where in practical terms or oral.
Above all, those things are just paper work. What really matters is the delivery and I proved this to an employer in the past.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by merieam16(f): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
iammolise:

How should he know he would be asked that question
Its a school interview naw, dats the major question
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Charly68: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Honestly Buhari is teaching us never to offer anything free now,no cheap fuel so no more cheap advice,you have to pay for nairalands counsel ....
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Goalnaldo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
RioCarputo:
I can write out a good lesson note sample for you here. see below
Nice one bro.
Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by donMIG(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Initially were u expecting to b asked to build a plane abi just talk about wat u can offer?

Small lesson plan don disqualify for this naija wei life hard so

U dei find work for bar u find out different brands of drinks n price

Sorry fa... That was a really cheap question really unfortunate u don't know it

Well I'm seeing things in this comment sections just look for friend wei run NCE OR B. ED make him help u
Make we know difference btw lesson plan n lesson notes too I beg

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by thankmyGod(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sorry bro. I dey feel your pain. I have experienced this some years back. I finished my NYSC in 2008 and move to Lagos for greener pasture. I was staying with my Aunt then. I was taking some secondary school students in tutorials while Searching for job. I decided to step up my game, I went to one Private secondary so that I can be managing my self. I submitted my application letter and CV. The proprietor invited me for interview. When I was done with the interview, he asked me to prepare a lesson note. I was not a teacher and I graduated with Bachelor of Science not Education! I wrote the one I think I could and submitted to him. He looked at it and said, can you imagine a graduate cannot prepare lesson note. Guys I'm an A student when it comes to my field but the man finished me because I couldn't prepare a lesson note. I was so ashamed of my self and left. Today, I have worked for multinationals. I am a Regional Manager today. I thank God that I was redirected. Many of Us have different talents, please don't let what he said bring down your spirit

Hemanwel:

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by amakadlite(f): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lesson plan is different from lesson note. lesson plan is tabled into

Subject/ Periods/ Topic.
while the lesson plan contain all the subjects you are going to develop in you lesson note, the period each subject would be thought during the week and the topics. The lesson note is detail development of each subject proposed in the lesson plan. The lesson note contains the

Class
Age of pupils
Date
Subject
Topic
Sub-toppic
Time/ duration
Specific Objectives
Instructions Materials
Previous Knowledge
Introduction
Development
Stages
Class activities
Summary
Evaluation.
though this an old format for lesson note, there is a current one, depending on the format the school is using.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Lesson Plan by Meedon: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
loneprof:

Abeg leave the guy make him hustle... At least na work him dey do. Which kind greatest forum... Hypocrite.

Bludger.

Can't he advertise without mentioning Nairaland (the greatest)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

University Of Jos 2013/2014 Admission / 2010 Utme/Jamb Online E-registration Portal (get Update Here) / If You See Your Child With This Textbook What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.